HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL (Kontinental Hockey League) 2012-2013 season part II

Closed Thread

Old
12-10-2012, 12:16 PM
cska78

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
OMG did anyone see Filatov's set up on the 3rd goal in the SU-MNK game , if not check it out.

PS Fatterson, you mentioned Slovan gave out free scarves at the game. Just curious, do other KHL teams do the same? If so I might have bought one of them from Traktor for 50 bucks on ebay. There is some guy form Russia putting rare items on there from KHL and is making a killing I think. He sold a very nice Omsk Scarf/hat combo for 70 bucks! There is no way that can be the going rate for these items in Russia?
actually the prices in Russia are very high and have no feedback based on average income or what not.

Old
12-10-2012, 12:29 PM
Faterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
they have direct khl feed (from khl.ru), should be updated tommorow according to Slovan´s website
That's weird... khl.ru is fully updated, isn't it? Player stats are wrong, too.

My main hope for Slovan's new site is that videos no longer will be Flash-only, and so they will also work on phones and tablets. Can't find any clips right now to check.

Old
12-10-2012, 01:56 PM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
actually the prices in Russia are very high and have no feedback based on average income or what not.
I see, do they have arena freebees often? Some arenas it seems like everyone is holding a scarf?

Old
12-10-2012, 03:27 PM
ult

Quote:
I see, do they have arena freebees often? Some arenas it seems like everyone is holding a scarf?
Yeah, cheap t-shirts, colored cardboards for pre-game show, inflatable clapping sticks and stuff like that. Free scarfs? No way.

Old
12-10-2012, 04:16 PM
I Am Classless

How's Erik Christensen looking for Lev Praha? I loved him on the Rangers. I think I was the only one.

Old
12-11-2012, 02:37 AM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagel Bites View Post
How's Erik Christensen looking for Lev Praha? I loved him on the Rangers. I think I was the only one.
Pretty much the same as for Rangers - can score goals, lacks intensity. He's mostly playing 2nd line LW with Voracek on his line so he scores a bit more often. Overall, I thought he had more to offer when he first came but he turned out to be just a decent KHL scorer.

Old
12-11-2012, 05:24 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Maxim Gratchev from Sibir to LADA (VHL). Yep. QMJHL was great route of developing :/

Old
12-11-2012, 11:48 AM
cska78

Quote:
Maxim Gratchev from Sibir to LADA (VHL). Yep. QMJHL was great route of developing :/
yeah this guy was never a big project unlike the other Grachev who's being destroyed as we speak and molded into an average AHler, same way Dadonov was being molded before he came to senses and ran. Loktionov must run too. (someone mentioned they are related but idk)

Old
12-11-2012, 11:56 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Совет Собственников клубов КХЛ
Boad of owners? Anyone to help? And what is difference among Собственник and владельцев

on topic, Board of owners (?) had a meeting today, maybe the topic was tv deals, markting rules, adv, revenue sharing etc. Just saying... no details.
http://www.khl.ru/news/2012/12/11/49693.html

Old
12-11-2012, 01:32 PM
cska78

Quote:
Boad of owners? Anyone to help? And what is difference among Собственник and владельцев

on topic, Board of owners (?) had a meeting today, maybe the topic was tv deals, markting rules, adv, revenue sharing etc. Just saying... no details.
http://www.khl.ru/news/2012/12/11/49693.html
владелец in my understanding is a full owner
собственник is someone who has a stake in the team?

Old
12-11-2012, 01:44 PM
Atas2000

Quote:
yeah this guy was never a big project unlike the other Grachev who's being destroyed as we speak and molded into an average AHler, same way Dadonov was being molded before he came to senses and ran. Loktionov must run too. (someone mentioned they are related but idk)
I've read some very clear comments by Larionov who is Loktionov's agent. He wasn't exactly pleased with how LA utilizes Loktionov's talent. His entry-level contract is running out and Larionov said that they will be looking for options incl. the KHL if nothing changes in LA's attitude towards Loktionov. He also clearly stated that Loktionov doesn't need the AHL anymore.

Old
12-11-2012, 01:53 PM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
I've read some very clear comments by Larionov who is Loktionov's agent. He wasn't exactly pleased with how LA utilizes Loktionov's talent. His entry-level contract is running out and Larionov said that they will be looking for options incl. the KHL if nothing changes in LA's attitude towards Loktionov. He also clearly stated that Loktionov doesn't need the AHL anymore.
Loktionov's biggest problem is the physicality. He is nuts for going back to the AHL. He has already had reconstructive surgery on both shoulders! Usually guys who get nagging shoulder injuries retire early. I know a few guys who had to stop playing because everytime they get hit hard it dislocates again.... The kings play a chip and chase style, maybe if he played with the Red Wings he would last, but I just cant see him lasting long in LA's system. Moving to the KHL would prolong his career.

Old
12-11-2012, 02:26 PM
Atas2000

Quote:
Loktionov's biggest problem is the physicality. He is nuts for going back to the AHL. He has already had reconstructive surgery on both shoulders! Usually guys who get nagging shoulder injuries retire early. I know a few guys who had to stop playing because everytime they get hit hard it dislocates again.... The kings play a chip and chase style, maybe if he played with the Red Wings he would last, but I just cant see him lasting long in LA's system. Moving to the KHL would prolong his career.
Well, he made this decision almost 3 years ago. An entry level contract, and the lockout do the rest. He couldn't just leave before the end of this season.

Old
12-11-2012, 03:45 PM
wings5

Quote:
Yes because he was 100 % certain of becoming a star if he had stayed in Russia....At least he made it to the KHL which not many hockey players can say the same.

Old
12-11-2012, 05:53 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Quote:
Yup. Loktionov needs a place where he can play in a scoring role. He is very close to as good as Alex Burmistrov, but Burmistrov has been given scoring opportunities and the chance to play with big Nik Antropov who helps by clearing alot of room on the ice with his size.

Unfortunately (for Loki) the Kings play a very aggressive grinding style and have crazy depth down the middle, so his future does not lie there (but why I hope that Prokhorkin comes back to LA when his KHL contract ends, he will fit perfectly in LA).

I know you guys would love to have him back in Russia (he is a great talent) but I hope that the Kings deal when the lockout ends so he gets his chance to prove himself in the NHL. He can be a very solid 2nd line C for a lot of teams in the NHL, just needs a chance, definitely nothing left to prove at the AHL level. If not, he will have a long and successful career in the KHL, that's for sure.

Last edited by Holden Caulfield: 12-11-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Old
12-11-2012, 07:47 PM
Dynamo81

From what I have seen of Loktionov he is smart and a gifted playmaker but he will never make it on a team like the Kings. Would love for him to return to the KHL, his style would excel here or on any team that complements possession based hockey. Very underrated and I still think he can have a very good career but the clock is ticking.

Old
12-11-2012, 08:37 PM
cska78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo81 View Post
From what I have seen of Loktionov he is smart and a gifted playmaker but he will never make it on a team like the Kings. Would love for him to return to the KHL, his style would excel here or on any team that complements possession based hockey. Very underrated and I still think he can have a very good career but the clock is ticking.

Fedorov was saying something about signing a Russian NHLer...since non really left, could it be him?

Old
12-11-2012, 08:41 PM
Atas2000

Quote:
Fedorov was saying something about signing a Russian NHLer...since non really left, could it be him?
Well I think Fedorov should still have Larionov on his short dial list. Sounds like an option at least.

Old
12-12-2012, 02:46 AM
Dynamo81

Quote:
It would make sense, good point. He was going to play for Severstal Cherepovets during the lockout until he was sent down to the AHL

Shame Voynov could not spend the lockout here, would have been good for Bilyaletdinov to take a good look at him and try him out at the Euro Hockey Tour.

Saw Filatov's name mentioned earlier, he scored the winning shoot out goal for Russia - B against Germany.
Quote:
Вторая сборная России, которую тренирует Игорь Никитин, одолела Германию в контрольном матче. Россияне выиграли в серии буллитов. В среду команды встретятся вновь.
Германия – Россия – 0:1 Б (0:0, 0:0, 0:0, 0:0, 0:1)

0:1 – ШБ Филатов

Вратари: Брюкманн 24/24 – Худобин 30/30.
http://www.sports.ru/hockey/145392211.html

Last edited by Dynamo81: 12-12-2012 at 03:12 AM.
Old
12-12-2012, 03:01 PM
cska78

Quote:
Well I think Fedorov should still have Larionov on his short dial list. Sounds like an option at least.
lol!!! I am wishing it's Sammy - he can still play in Europe, I get a filling that American wife is against and the one wearing pants.

Old
12-12-2012, 07:54 PM
Dynamo81

Quote:
lol!!! I am wishing it's Sammy - he can still play in Europe, I get a filling that American wife is against and the one wearing pants.
I would rather have a young Russian with potential and finding himself in a difficult situation in North America come back to the KHL than a 34 year old Samsonov who has not played competitive hockey since early 2011.

I am just looking at it from a future development perspective, If Loktionov comes back he could still one day play for the national team, he has the potential. I have nothing against Samsonov but I don't see any benefit for Russian hockey if he comes back. Would rather see a young Russian getting ice time. Samsonov was a player I always liked, very talented maybe without the injury he had in 2002 he would have reached great heights.

Last edited by Dynamo81: 12-12-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Old
12-12-2012, 08:38 PM
cska78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo81 View Post
I would rather have a young Russian with potential and finding himself in a difficult situation in North America come back to the KHL than a 34 year old Samsonov who has not played competitive hockey since early 2011.

I am just looking at it from a future development perspective, If Loktionov comes back he could still one day play for the national team, he has the potential. I have nothing against Samsonov but I don't see any benefit for Russian hockey if he comes back. Would rather see a young Russian getting ice time. Samsonov was a player I always liked, very talented maybe without the injury he had in 2002 he would have reached great heights.
yeah I followed him since he was 16 playing for CSKA major club! as far as the rest goes I agree, but I'd rather have Sammy on the team than the likes of Kvasha, who may have finished his career years ago as well and no one would notice

Old
12-13-2012, 06:05 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

OAO Severneftegazprom is another partner of KHL Company co-owned by Gazprom and germans (E.ON, BASF)

Old
12-13-2012, 01:57 PM
Ryker

This is only somewhat KHL related, but is Slovan playing full strength in the European trophy?

Old
12-13-2012, 02:07 PM
Faterson

No. Best players are resting: no Višňovský, no Janus, etc. A few players in the line-up who rarely or never get to play in KHL games.

Currently sitting in 8th row at the red line & suffering, with Slovan 0-2 behind after 1st period against Färjestadt. Only 5 shots on goal in 20 minutes.

The arena is half-empty, too. :-o I don't think this event was promoted enough.

Closed Thread