HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs [10-15-3] & Wheeling Nailers 2012-2013 2.0

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-11-2012, 09:42 AM
  #726
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go
 
canadiensnation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: GTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,330
vCash: 500
Berger is going back to SC Bern of the Swiss league. http://www.scb.ch/index.php?section=...608&teaserId=5

canadiensnation is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:18 AM
  #727
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Cakes!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 54,652
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Would Berger count against the 50 contract limit (assuming there is one in the next CBA, assuming there is a next CBA) if the Habs loaned him to a European team for the remainder of his contract?
Pretty sure he would.

Now that he's signed through next season in Switzerland, I have to think they'll agree to mutually terminate the contract once the lockout ends, he'll go on ''unconditional waivers'' and we'll be free of a contract spot.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:43 AM
  #728
SeriousFan09
Registered User
 
SeriousFan09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,164
vCash: 500
Presented without comment.

Louis Leblanc - 8GP, 3G, 1A.
Chris Kreider - 22GP, 4G, 6A.

SeriousFan09 is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:57 AM
  #729
jedimyrmidon
Registered User
 
jedimyrmidon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousFan09 View Post
Presented without comment.

Louis Leblanc - 8GP, 3G, 1A.
Chris Kreider - 22GP, 4G, 6A.
I just really wish that Leblanc could play nearly a whole season in the AHL without getting injured or having to recover during the offseason. I think recovery time and not playing a large number of consecutive games in the AHL is hurting his development.

jedimyrmidon is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 11:40 AM
  #730
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
Dog's tomorrow game is on TVA Sports. We have to encourage them to make playoffs, so we may have a chance to see this line-up (utopia though):

Palushaj- Galchenyuk - Kristo
Collberg - Leblanc - Gallagher
Bozon - Bournival - Holland
Blunden - Dumont - Hudon

Tinordi - Bennett
Beaulieu - St-Denis
Ellis - Commodore
Bozon and Gally both have to play another season in the CHL before they can play with the Dogs no?

NewHabsEra* is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 11:55 AM
  #731
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousFan09 View Post
Presented without comment.

Louis Leblanc - 8GP, 3G, 1A.
Chris Kreider - 22GP, 4G, 6A.
Not very impressive for a 21 year old 1st round pick. His hockey sense must be shining through.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 12:51 PM
  #732
HABS2DCUP
Registered User
 
HABS2DCUP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Bozon and Gally both have to play another season in the CHL before they can play with the Dogs no?
CHL players can play in the the AHL once their CHL season comes to an end (not making the play-offs or getting eliminated) which normally coincides with the start of the AHL play offs.

HABS2DCUP is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 01:30 PM
  #733
S Bah
Registered User
 
S Bah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 5,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS2DCUP View Post
CHL players can play in the the AHL once their CHL season comes to an end (not making the play-offs or getting eliminated) which normally coincides with the start of the AHL play offs.
Only if they turn 20 before the end of 2013,on the other hand Collberg could come at the end of his teams season/playoffs.A first unit PP with Leblanc,Gallagher,Collberg,St.Denis and Beaulieu could work wonders for Hamilton if in the playoffs.

S Bah is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 01:34 PM
  #734
Talks to Goalposts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,637
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Only if they turn 20 before the end of 2013,on the other hand Collberg could come at the end of his teams season/playoffs.A first unit PP with Leblanc,Gallagher,Collberg,St.Denis and Beaulieu could work wonders for Hamilton if in the playoffs.
Any CHL player with a contract can play in the AHL once their CHL season is done. Its a pretty common occurance for 1st round picks to see AHL playoff time if their org's AHL team is still in it and their CHL team is done.

Talks to Goalposts is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 02:08 PM
  #735
HCH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Wild West
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
Any CHL player with a contract can play in the AHL once their CHL season is done. Its a pretty common occurance for 1st round picks to see AHL playoff time if their org's AHL team is still in it and their CHL team is done.
But they have to return to their CHL team the following season if they are still junior eligible.

HCH is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 02:50 PM
  #736
zzoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 2,261
vCash: 500
I really want to see Galchenyuk, Kristo, Bennett, Collberg, Hudon and Bozon this spring in Dogs uniform. One or two of them would be great too.

zzoo is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 03:21 PM
  #737
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
https://twitter.com/Shawn_Rine/statu...92708705726465
@Shawn_Rine: Forward Alain Berger has decided not to report to Wheeling. He had been assigned by Hamilton last week.

Who the hell does he think he is?
Interesting. I hope to hear what management's take on this is. I assume they are ok with this since it's better for his development. I haven't read or heard anything on this but I don't see it as a big deal either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
I can't blame Berger, he's done the yo-yo act and is fed up of it, and if I were him I'd go back home too. Nothing is to say he won't be more productive back in Swiss and come back a year later having improved.
How's he done the yo-yo act? The only team he's played for as a pro is Hamilton, this is the first time he was sent down. He should have been in the ECHL last year but injuries and callups hit hard, it's too bad as perhaps things would have been different had his started out in the ECHL last year vs the AHL where he appeared to be a step or more behind on the play. Of course his injury problems didn't help, will be interesting to see what happens to him now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Would Berger count against the 50 contract limit (assuming there is one in the next CBA, assuming there is a next CBA) if the Habs loaned him to a European team for the remainder of his contract?
yes, unless he's suspended and then I'm not sure. I remember when the Habs suspended Valentenko for breaking his contract, but that's because the Habs didn't want him to go back to Russia whereas I don't know if the Habs are ok with this or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Bozon and Gally both have to play another season in the CHL before they can play with the Dogs no?
They can after their season is over but the Habs have never done this before, not that I can think of. (meaning sending a junior draft pick to the AHL for the playoffs when they have to return to the CHL the following season)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
Any CHL player with a contract can play in the AHL once their CHL season is done. Its a pretty common occurance for 1st round picks to see AHL playoff time if their org's AHL team is still in it and their CHL team is done.
Not sure I would say pretty common, if you mean players that have to return to the CHL the following season. The flyers did it with Carter and Richards but I don't think many other NHL teams do this. I can't recall the Habs ever doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
I really want to see Galchenyuk, Kristo, Bennett, Collberg, Hudon and Bozon this spring in Dogs uniform. One or two of them would be great too.
I don't think you would see too many, one or two perhaps. The Dogs season ends on April 21st unless they make the playoffs, with 10 games in the month of April. The NCAA regular season ends around the last week of Feb depending on the conferences. Outside of the Hockey East, all teams make the playoffs so depending on how far North Dakota and Dartmouth go along with whatever management has in mind for them it's hard to say what will happen. Both are among the top rated teams in the NCAA at this time although North Dakota needs better goaltending so they might be hard pressed to go all the way although I wouldn't count them out. I could see Walsh being available but not sure the Habs would consider that since the deadline to sign him is August 15th.

Bennett can become a UFA this summer if he wants to, so we'll have to wait and see if he opts for that loop hole (or if it gets closed and not grandfathered).

Hopefully Bozon and his team go deep into the playoffs. Would be shocked if they sent Hudon to Hamilton when the Sags are done. Collberg we don't even know if they plan on bringing him over to North America or not. Galchenyuk is the interesting option although if there's an NHL season then who knows where he will be playing.

montreal is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 03:51 PM
  #738
Habitants
Registered User
 
Habitants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
I really want to see Galchenyuk, Kristo, Bennett, Collberg, Hudon and Bozon this spring in Dogs uniform. One or two of them would be great too.
i would love to see the Dogs add all these players in the spring, but i am not sure if it will be possible.

as it stands Habs are at 47 contracts, add Subban and they only have room for 2 more at this time, Will need to wait and see how 2013 goes, but that does not leave much room to sign players like Kristo and Bennett etc.

Maybe Berger bolting for Bern is one less contract to worry about?

Habitants is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 04:24 PM
  #739
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 8,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
But they have to return to their CHL team the following season if they are still junior eligible.
Unless they make the NHL the next summer.

Hypothetically Galchenyuk could join Hamilton for the playoffs after Sarnia is eliminated and then join the Habs next year (for instance). Of course all of it is moot since its quite unlikely that Hamilton makes the playoffs.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 04:34 PM
  #740
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiensnation View Post
Berger is going back to SC Bern of the Swiss league. http://www.scb.ch/index.php?section=...608&teaserId=5
As i suspected. I don't blame the guy.

Analyzer is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 04:36 PM
  #741
Christo182
Registered User
 
Christo182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 33
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Unless they make the NHL the next summer.

Hypothetically Galchenyuk could join Hamilton for the playoffs after Sarnia is eliminated and then join the Habs next year (for instance).
À la Carey Price/Patrick Roy and some other prospects I can't recall

Christo182 is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 06:53 PM
  #742
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 10,581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousFan09 View Post
Presented without comment.

Louis Leblanc - 8GP, 3G, 1A.
Chris Kreider - 22GP, 4G, 6A.
so..... you're saying kreider is NOT god?

gtfo m8

MasterDecoy is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 07:10 PM
  #743
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 8,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
They can after their season is over but the Habs have never done this before, not that I can think of. (meaning sending a junior draft pick to the AHL for the playoffs when they have to return to the CHL the following season)
I was about to say ''Carey Price did it'' but you're right, he could have joined the AHL the next year.

Only a very good prospect, like Galchenyuk, is likely to do it. Bozon and Collberg are great prospects but its doubtful having them join Hamilton in the playoffs would be a good idea. The coach would not have them play, why go for rookies with no pro games in a playoff situation when you have older, stronger and more seasoned players that have been with the team all year?

FlyingKostitsyn is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 07:21 PM
  #744
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go
 
canadiensnation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: GTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,330
vCash: 500
TOY TOSS GAME!.......

Possible live streams: Live 1 | Live 2

canadiensnation is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 07:53 PM
  #745
Booba
Fier, ému and proud
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chez Moi
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post
i would love to see the Dogs add all these players in the spring, but i am not sure if it will be possible.

as it stands Habs are at 47 contracts, add Subban and they only have room for 2 more at this time, Will need to wait and see how 2013 goes, but that does not leave much room to sign players like Kristo and Bennett etc.

Maybe Berger bolting for Bern is one less contract to worry about?
Their contracts won't count for 2012-2013. If they join the Dogs, they can sign ATOs (try-out contracts)

Booba is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 08:13 PM
  #746
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiensnation View Post
TOY TOSS GAME!.......

Possible live streams: Live 1 | Live 2


Thanks man, was looking for one.

Myron Gaines* is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 08:59 PM
  #747
habsturies
Registered User
 
habsturies's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Baja California Sur
Country: Australia-Aboriginal
Posts: 37
vCash: 500
any stream is working for me.
Can you watch it?

habsturies is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 09:20 PM
  #748
vokiel
I hate blind passes
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 7,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
Glad to see that the only contracts that matter to you are those that you sign with the devil...

It's a legal document. A commitment. Excuse me for thinking people should honour their commitment and stand by their word.

Now if it's a agrrement by both parties, fine. If not, he's at least gonna be prevented from playing in international competitions. I don't know if he's ever going to be good enough to play for switzerland but I would think it would be kind of a big deal for him.
Legal document and commitment aren't synonyms ffs. A contract only entitles party A & B to whatever its clauses state as long both parties follow its conditions. It doesn't automatically chain parties together and it certainly doesn't prevent people from making a living as they see fit.

Spare us the tirade, I have feeling this is going to turn religious.

(ok maybe I made it go in that direction)

vokiel is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 09:26 PM
  #749
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,937
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Legal document and commitment aren't synonyms ffs. A contract only entitles party A & B to whatever its clauses state as long both parties follow its conditions. It doesn't automatically chain parties together and it certainly doesn't prevent people from making a living as they see fit.

Spare us the tirade, I have feeling this is going to turn religious.

(ok maybe I made it go in that direction)
Well contracts do automatically chain parties together, that's the point of a contract (a legally binding commitment agreed between the parties), but yes, it's conditional. If Berger is not good enough or surplus to requirements which appears to be the case and he violates the contract, but no performance is expected on him, there's no issue. Now if he suddenly decided he wanted to play for another AHL team this would be another story, but that's not the case.

Et le But is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 09:35 PM
  #750
vokiel
I hate blind passes
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 7,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Well contracts do automatically chain parties together, that's the point of a contract (a legally binding commitment agreed between the parties), but yes, it's conditional. If Berger is not good enough or surplus to requirements which appears to be the case and he violates the contract, but no performance is expected on him, there's no issue. Now if he suddenly decided he wanted to play for another AHL team this would be another story, but that's not the case.
No not really, chains are not. A contract only states a set of conditions under which parties get benefits or penalties. Every single contract in society can be broken. Every single one of them. Cell phone, marriage you name it... The consequences usually need to be stated as penalties on the contract itself, cell phone breakage fees for instance, or on the base of the contract (the CBA for the NHL).

You ever heard the expression: A treaty between countries is only as good as the willingness of the countries to follow it?

vokiel is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:56 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.