HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anything Goes Thread: 5 for fighting

Closed Thread

Old
12-11-2012, 12:06 PM
Cullksinikers

vCash: 500
He probably prefers Chateaubriand.

Old
12-11-2012, 12:06 PM
RayP

vCash: 50
There are about 10 things at Portillo's, or very similar local places, that I could get for under $5.

Old
12-11-2012, 12:07 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
Meh I don't know. I put some magic together. Took a little while but I made it work. Apparently my roommate and his friends saw a girl **** on herself.
I meant more like you can't get physical back with them, nor can you really say anything to them. It's a lost battle before you even start.

In particular, these two girls at one bar were literally bulldozing their way through the shoulder-to-shoulder crowd. They were just pressing, leaning, pushing, literally shoving people out of the way who were standing in their rightful spot talking and hanging out with their peopel. I could've picked them up and tossed them on their heads I was so pissed. Who do you think you are that you can act like that? I was hoping some females would take exception and take care of business. As a guy, if you say anything to them you're in a no-win situation. Even if they aren't with any guys, what's to gain getting in a yelling match with a couple 22 year old girls, ya know? Pisses me off.

Old
12-11-2012, 12:07 PM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post

Understandable but what does Ray eat when he's just sitting around, drinking beers and watching a game? Can't be foie gras all the time.
Typical BBQ food... burgers, brats, dogs, wings, ribs, etc. During football season we usually grill out once a week for the games, and make that kind of stuff. It never gets old.

Old
12-11-2012, 12:10 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Typical BBQ food... burgers, brats, dogs, wings, ribs, etc. During football season we usually grill out once a week for the games, and make that kind of stuff. It never gets old.
+1, love to grill too. Keep my grills going 12 months a year.

Old
12-11-2012, 12:10 PM
Cullksinikers

I wish BWW delivered.

Old
12-11-2012, 12:12 PM
coldsteelonice84

I wish every restaurant delivered. It's ****ing retarded that they don't. I can't even imagine how many millions are going right down the crapper because of it. If I ever have a restaurant, you bet your ass we're gonna deliver.

Old
12-11-2012, 12:13 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
I wish every restaurant delivered. It's ****ing retarded that they don't. I can't even imagine how many millions are going right down the crapper because of it. If I ever have a restaurant, you bet your ass we're gonna deliver.
Exactly. You can also pay your workers less, assuming at each delivery point lays an awaiting tip.

Old
12-11-2012, 12:24 PM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
I wish BWW delivered.
God I hate that place... complete overproduced garbage. There are so many better wing places in the Chicago area.

Quote:
+1, love to grill too. Keep my grills going 12 months a year.
That is the one good thing about being down here, I guess. Although I'd trade that in a heartbeat to be just about anywhere up north.

Quote:
We have a site out here called GoWaiter.com that basically puts your order in for you thru a restaurant that doesn't deliver, and goes and picks it up for you. Think they charge like a $3-5 delivery fee, and no additional charge on your food. We use it several times a month. Really comes in handy because all the pizza places that would deliver out here, absolutely suck... and outside that there really isn't much else I'd want to get delivered to us.

Old
12-11-2012, 12:27 PM
RayP

Also, the better restaurants don't want you to get takeout or delivery. They want you inside their restaurant, racking up liquor costs. The profit margins there are insane. After the decreased costs in say tap beer, they're paying sometimes as little as 5 cents a beer out of that keg... yet resell it for $4 a beer. Meanwhile it can very easily still cost you $4 to produce a $10 plate of food. You mess up a beer and have it returned, no big deal... but with food, not so much.

Old
12-11-2012, 12:35 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
GoWe have a site out here called GoWaiter.com that basically puts your order in for you thru a restaurant that doesn't deliver, and goes and picks it up for you. Think they charge like a $3-5 delivery fee, and no additional charge on your food. We use it several times a month. Really comes in handy because all the pizza places that would deliver out here, absolutely suck... and outside that there really isn't much else I'd want to get delivered to us.
That's awesome, would really be a quick and easy business to start up. I'd love to do it, I wonder if you need insurance or anything because really this is something that could be set up with very little startup money otherwise.

Old
12-11-2012, 12:36 PM
coldsteelonice84

http://www.takepart.com/article/2012...tbrain-general

Quote:
By now, most everyone has heard the story of Cassidy Goodson, a 14-year-old Lakeland, Florida, girl who admitted to authorities that she secretly gave birth to a nine-pound baby in her mobile home bathroom. Not knowing what to do with the baby, and fearing she would get in trouble, Goodson told authorities she strangled him.

According to the Huffington Post, a Florida court ruled earlier this month that the high school freshman would be tried as an adult for first-degree murder and child abuse. If convicted, she faces life in prison.

Old
12-11-2012, 12:39 PM
RayP

Quote:
That's awesome, would really be a quick and easy business to start up. I'd love to do it, I wonder if you need insurance or anything because really this is something that could be set up with very little startup money otherwise.
IIRC, my buddy from HS when he delivered pizzas... he had to have his own insurance. If it's legal to have a policy like that, I think you could get around that liability issue with insurance, although it might be a bit harder to find drivers. The drivers out here who do it use their own cars like any pizza delivery place...

Old
12-11-2012, 12:41 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
IIRC, my buddy from HS when he delivered pizzas... he had to have his own insurance. If it's legal to have a policy like that, I think you could get around that liability issue with insurance, although it might be a bit harder to find drivers. The drivers out here who do it use their own cars like any pizza delivery place...
Yeah, that's what I'm saying, set up the website, do the advertising, hire drivers and have them use their own cars and insurance, boom, you have a company going. This thing would be huge where I'm at.

Old
12-11-2012, 12:41 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Thanks for the feel good story of the day

Old
12-11-2012, 12:42 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Thanks for the feel good story of the day
Sorry, I'll stop posting articles.

I thought it was interesting they were trying her as an adult though. I'd like to see more of that.

Old
12-11-2012, 12:44 PM
RayP

Quote:
Yeah, that's what I'm saying, set up the website, do the advertising, hire drivers and have them use their own cars and insurance, boom, you have a company going. This thing would be huge where I'm at.
I'd be curious to know how profitable it is... It's $4.99 for delivery, and then you're expected to tip on top of that. I guess the drivers see pretty much nothing else at all except for tips. Although I wonder if they get the standard $2.13/hour that tip based restaurant employees get. If so, I can't see a business like that being very profitable.

Old
12-11-2012, 12:47 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Quote:
There are about 10 things at Portillo's, or very similar local places, that I could get for under $5.
But that's not 5 minutes from my house. Nor would it feed 2 people.

Old
12-11-2012, 12:47 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
I'd be curious to know how profitable it is... It's $4.99 for delivery, and then you're expected to tip on top of that. I guess the drivers see pretty much nothing else at all except for tips. Although I wonder if they get the standard $2.13/hour that tip based restaurant employees get. If so, I can't see a business like that being very profitable.
Yeah, good point. My uncle used to be a pizza delivery driver and I'd ride with him when I was younger. He just got the tips and anywhere from .25 to .75 of the delivery charge based on distance. He also got like 20 bucks in gas money. I used to keep track of his tips and money for him on a small notepad. Granted, this was 15-16 years ago.

Old
12-11-2012, 12:48 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

vCash: 1625
Quote:
God I hate that place... complete overproduced garbage. There are so many better wing places in the Chicago area.
Out by me, it's either that or Hooters. Or drive 30+ minutes to QS&L.

I like their salt and vinegar and lemon pepper wings, so it's not bad.

Old
12-11-2012, 12:51 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

Quote:

We have a site out here called GoWaiter.com that basically puts your order in for you thru a restaurant that doesn't deliver, and goes and picks it up for you. Think they charge like a $3-5 delivery fee, and no additional charge on your food. We use it several times a month. Really comes in handy because all the pizza places that would deliver out here, absolutely suck... and outside that there really isn't much else I'd want to get delivered to us.
There's a site like that in Bloomington. Straighttoyoudoor.com or something.

EDIT: http://s2yd.com/

Last edited by IU Hawks fan: 12-11-2012 at 01:00 PM.
Old
12-11-2012, 12:53 PM
RayP

Quote:
Yeah, good point. My uncle used to be a pizza delivery driver and I'd ride with him when I was younger. He just got the tips and anywhere from .25 to .75 of the delivery charge based on distance. He also got like 20 bucks in gas money. I used to keep track of his tips and money for him on a small notepad. Granted, this was 15-16 years ago.
Gotcha... and I have no idea how that **** works today, it may have changed for all I know. IIRC, I want to say my buddy who worked at a pizza place in Schaumburg got his tips + $1 per delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post

You gotta have something better than those two, you just don't know it.

Hooters might be the most overrated wing place ever, that wing sauce is disgusting. Our two regular bars we visit have awesome wings, luckily. A sauce of half BBQ and half hot FTW. So ****ing good.

Quote:
But that's not 5 minutes from my house. Nor would it feed 2 people.
That sucks... and sounds like tough **** for your friend.

Old
12-11-2012, 12:56 PM
coldsteelonice84

Everybody at and around my work raves about Quaker Steak and Lube's wings. I haven't gotten them yet (I really, really, really need to). It's the opposite direction though. Has anyone tried those?

Old
12-11-2012, 01:04 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post

Check out Sheffield's. I haven't been but my buddy says the wings there are good.

Old
12-11-2012, 01:07 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

vCash: 1625
Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
Check out Sheffield's. I haven't been but my buddy says the wings there are good.
Sheffield's is ok. I normally get a burger when I go there though.

Quote:
Everybody at and around my work raves about Quaker Steak and Lube's wings. I haven't gotten them yet (I really, really, really need to). It's the opposite direction though. Has anyone tried those?
It's amazing. The problem for me is, it's in Portage and I'm like a half hour away from Portage.

Bdubs and Hooters are like 5 minutes from my house. Hooters is also directly next to my gym

Closed Thread