Closed Thread

Old
12-10-2012, 10:34 AM
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp20 View Post
there has been rumours the chelsea, real madrid and arsenal want vidal and liverpool, tottenham and man U want sanchez
Alexis Sanchez is a bust IMO. Sell him and bring Bojan back home stat!

Old
12-10-2012, 11:06 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Russia Today says that Zenit and Arsenal had agreed in as part of an exchange with Igor Denisov (Problems with the club and the Hulk situation). Some cash to be involved as well

L'equipe also mentioning that Arsenal are closing in in Klaas Jan Huntelaar. Metro reports it is for only £4m. Is his contract running out this off season?
If we can land Huntelaar, I'll cream my pants.

He's a ****ing stud when it comes to finishing and we are lacking just that since the departure of RvP. Give him a playmaker like Santi Carzola, sit back and watch the goals poor in.

Old
12-10-2012, 12:13 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

We need a playmaker on the wings IMO. Our midfield is fine enough offensively.

Old
12-10-2012, 12:54 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Denisov is like a Lucas clone, although not as good. I have thought for a while that somebody should pick him up.

Old
12-10-2012, 05:01 PM
SteelCitySaviour

Send a message via AIM to SteelCitySaviour
to any Spaniards...how hot are the llorente to tottenham rumors?

Old
12-10-2012, 05:25 PM
Jp20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
a bust???? he tore up the serie A league and you cant call someone that got sold for 36 million euros a bust. you might say that he isnt playing well in barcelona but he has had alot of games that he was the best player on the pitch

Old
12-10-2012, 06:12 PM
WhiskeySeven
Keeps hot stuff hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
If we can land Huntelaar, I'll cream my pants.

He's a ****ing stud when it comes to finishing and we are lacking just that since the departure of RvP. Give him a playmaker like Santi Carzola, sit back and watch the goals poor in.
Not with that centre-mid. Arsenal need some mettle and some brass balls in middle of the pitch more than anything.

Old
12-10-2012, 06:15 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
We need a playmaker on the wings IMO. Our midfield is fine enough offensively.
We need someone that will score when around the box, something we don't have since RvP's departure. Every single time we send a cross into the box, you see one red sweater surrounded by like 3 or 4 defenders.

Giroud is solid in the air but outside of him, we have absolutely zero threat on our squad that can do just that. Gervinho missed about 3 or 4 headers last weekend and I can go on and on when talking about the missed attempts we've had when having someone in the 5 yard box.

Old
12-10-2012, 06:17 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Not with that centre-mid. Arsenal need some mettle and some brass balls in middle of the pitch more than anything.
We had him and sold him off to Barça

Old
12-10-2012, 07:23 PM
Wee Baby Seamus
I got your back

Quote:
you cant call someone that got sold for 36 million euros a bust.
Andy Carroll?

Old
12-10-2012, 07:30 PM
Jp20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomFr96 View Post
Andy Carroll?
sanchez still scores twice as more as carroll

Old
12-10-2012, 07:42 PM
Perd Hapley
Ya Heard With Perd

Quote:
sanchez still scores twice as more as carroll
Sanchez has one goal this year and it's looking more and more like he'll be a bust for Barca, but I do think if he moves to a counter attacking team in a central position instead of the wings like he does for Chile he'll look like he did for Udinese.

Old
12-10-2012, 08:09 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Quote:
We need someone that will score when around the box, something we don't have since RvP's departure. Every single time we send a cross into the box, you see one red sweater surrounded by like 3 or 4 defenders.

Giroud is solid in the air but outside of him, we have absolutely zero threat on our squad that can do just that. Gervinho missed about 3 or 4 headers last weekend and I can go on and on when talking about the missed attempts we've had when having someone in the 5 yard box.
Surprisingly, Giroud isn't suppose to be an aerial threat. He scored more goals this year with his head than he did the whole of last year. I think he only had 4 headers last year.

Old
12-10-2012, 08:25 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
Not sure if serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckethead View Post
Sanchez has one goal this year and it's looking more and more like he'll be a bust for Barca, but I do think if he moves to a counter attacking team in a central position instead of the wings like he does for Chile he'll look like he did for Udinese.
I honestly wouldn't call Sanchez a bust, a dissappontment yes but bust? Hell no. He had 15 goals and 6 assists for barca in a injury plagued year, with a new team. This year he's also been injured and IMO he's more of a creator than a finisher. I personally think he should be sold, to replace him with a clincer finisher but not because he's a failure.

Old
12-10-2012, 08:50 PM
Edonator
The Mightiest Club

If we're talking busts, Benzema and his 6 goals in 26 games should top that list.

Old
12-11-2012, 12:17 AM
Evilo

vCash: 432
Quote:
Surprisingly, Giroud isn't suppose to be an aerial threat. He scored more goals this year with his head than he did the whole of last year. I think he only had 4 headers last year.
He is a dominant force in the air. He grabbed plenty of assists with it too.

The problem with Arsenal isn't the finishing, it's the crossing.
If you have a guiy like Giroud in the box (and it's the same with Huntelaar), someone has to provide him with crosses.
Only one guy is a decent crosser for Arsenal and he wants to leave.

Old
12-11-2012, 04:47 AM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edonator View Post
If we're talking busts, Benzema and his 6 goals in 26 games should top that list.
Benzema is much more than a goalscorer though, La Liga fans know that, he hasn't been given a consistent spot in the starting 11 too because they have to rotate Higuain to not have more problems in the locker room

Old
12-11-2012, 06:38 AM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasilevski View Post
Benzema is much more than a goalscorer though, La Liga fans know that, he hasn't been given a consistent spot in the starting 11 too because they have to rotate Higuain to not have more problems in the locker room
you play striker on madrid... everyone expects more than six goals no matter how you put it

Old
12-11-2012, 06:56 AM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Denisov is like a Lucas clone, although not as good. I have thought for a while that somebody should pick him up.
I disagree, I think he's a notch better than Lucas, especially on the ball as he was a consistent calming force to the zenit machine of the past few seasons.

As for the Hunter rumor I just don't buy it, Schalke will miss the CL without him and the CL money is much more than some measle 4 million.

Old
12-11-2012, 09:01 AM
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!

I think Alexis Sanchez is going to go on and have a great career. I just don't think it's going to happen with Barcelona. He's getting outplayed by Christian Tello for ****s sake. Again, this isn't me trying to destroy Alexis, it's just he really doesn't fit in for some reason.

Bojan is a bit of a controversial figure for many Barcelona fans, but the kid can play and score goals in the system. I have faith in him still.

Old
12-11-2012, 09:35 AM
Captain Saku

If any team would want to buy Vidal, they'd have to pay a hefty hefty price. Something in the 35M euros range.

Old
12-11-2012, 11:45 AM
Edonator
The Mightiest Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasilevski View Post
A major reason he hasn't been given a consistent spot in the starting 11 is because he isn't scoring or performing. Mourinho and Madrid don't need him to be more than a goal scorer, they need him to score goals. Almost as if he's scared to go directly into the box.

Old
12-11-2012, 11:55 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Sanchez a bust? What! This is what happens when teams get too load because there is always someone who is going to be better and major talented players like Sanchez will ultimately struggle due to everyone else being just as talented. What he needs is to leave Barca and go back to a team where he can dominate on and gain leadership to help him understand and profit in the situation he is in currently.

benzema on the other hand is hella overrated.

Old
12-11-2012, 12:00 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:

Totally agree, but the only thing i dislike anout Huntelaar is his age and his pace. I must admit I haven't seen a lot of hm, but IMO the thing that I want our strikers to have is wicked pace like Walcott and actually uses it effectively not like Gervinho. I don't know, I would welcome Huntelaar to our club, but to me it seems like a desperate move even though it shold be around 4-7 million, I think we need to et younger players like Young.

Denisov would be awesome, I think he's better than what Live says, IMO.

Old
12-11-2012, 12:08 PM
hersky77

http://www.examiner.com/article/xabi...with-liverpool

it would be a dream to have xabi back at Anfield. Him teaming up with gerrard again would be amazing. It would also be beneficial for lucas and allen as he is one of all time great mid-fielders

Closed Thread