HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Brendan Smith

Old
12-11-2012, 01:06 PM
LaLaLand

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the banks View Post
First of all it's you're (contraction of you are) not your (possessive). And as it's been pointed out repeated throughout this thread by Detroit fans and neutral fans, he's most definitively wrong.

thanks for the english lesson bud... Detroit fans agreeing someone is wrong in regards to why their what 24? year old number one elite prospect hasn't made the show yet... yaaaa

LaLaLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 01:09 PM
Nyquist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaLand View Post
thanks for the english lesson bud... Detroit fans agreeing someone is wrong in regards to why their what 24? year old number one elite prospect hasn't made the show yet... yaaaa
Thank you for informing us that you have no knowledge on the Wings and how they develop players. Hopefully this will save time in the future.

Nyquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 01:12 PM
LaLaLand

If smith was half as good as you all think - "not every prospect is D or Z lmfao" - they would have made room for him like LA did with Slava.

Old
12-11-2012, 01:17 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
If smith was half as good as you all think - "not every prospect is D or Z lmfao" - they would have made room for him like LA did with Slava.
It's cute that people are trying to say "Detroit should do it the way my team does it."

Umm... There's a reason Detroit hasn't missed the playoffs in 21 years and your team did three years ago.

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 01:48 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
I think we can discuss this without taking shots.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 01:50 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
I think we can discuss this without taking shots.
Honestly some posts are so ridiculous and humiliating to the poster that you'd be punishing them more by leaving them up.

Old
12-11-2012, 03:33 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Smith first appeared in the league at 22 same age as Zetterberg and Datsyuk didn't come in until he was 23.

Also just so you know Voynov had five full pro seasons of hockey and started his sixth in in Manchester last year.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 06:21 PM
JKsilverstick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
It's cute that people are trying to say "Detroit should do it the way my team does it."

Umm... There's a reason Detroit hasn't missed the playoffs in 21 years and your team did three years ago.
Yes, and that reason is Lidstrom, and past luck that is still being milked apparently.

Not by keeping out prospects who are ready, just for ***** and giggles.

[MOD]

Last edited by Holden Caulfield: 12-11-2012 at 06:33 PM. Reason: not neccessary
JKsilverstick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 06:44 PM
Wolverine Wings
#thankyoubasedgod

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKsilverstick View Post
Yes, and that reason is Lidstrom, and past luck that is still being milked apparently.

[MOD]
They don't do it for fun, they do it because they haven't seen inside the top 15 in a couple of decades. They bring up their prospects extremely slowly because they typically have their roster filled with veterans.

And to wipe away guys like Yzerman, the Russian Five, Hasek, Shanahan and many other great players--just cause Lidstrom happened to be a top 3 all-time defensemen is ignorant. I'm sorry but that is the most absurd thing I have heard/seen in a long time.

Wolverine Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 06:51 PM
TatarTangle

Quote:

[MOD]
Bowman didn't have anything to do with their success either. Or Babcock. Why do they even have coaches amirite?

Brendan Smith + prospect + 1st should net you a special player

TatarTangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 06:53 PM
Doctor No
Mod Supervisor
Retired?

Guys, let's cut out the bickering and personal attacks. Thanks.

Doctor No is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 06:56 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDrake28 View Post
Bowman didn't have anything to do with their success either. Or Babcock. Why do they even have coaches amirite?

Brendan Smith + prospect + 1st should net you a special player
I don't know that Anaheim would be interested with some of their young defenders styles but I wonder if he would be available for Bobby Ryan. I would think that is a name they might consider dangling him for. I wouldn't be overly happy, but he is young player that banks 30 goals a year and is a big building block to go forward with. They would have to have a ton of belief in Sproul and Ouellet, but that is the kind of deal we are talking about. It is a big time deal if Smith is involved.

Also would be nice for the hockey Gods to have them end up with one of those Wisconsin D-man after having two of them never actually pan out for the organization.

Old
12-11-2012, 07:00 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
I don't know that Anaheim would be interested with some of their young defenders styles but I wonder if he would be available for Bobby Ryan. I would think that is a name they might consider dangling him for. I wouldn't be overly happy, but he is young player that banks 30 goals a year and is a big building block to go forward with. They would have to have a ton of belief in Sproul and Ouellet, but that is the kind of deal we are talking about. It is a big time deal if Smith is involved.
Ryan - Datsyuk - Nyquist
Franzen - Zetterberg - Filppula

That's a nasty top six.

Still, doubt Detroit does that with the current D-corps.

Old
12-11-2012, 07:04 PM
TatarTangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Detroit plays good enough team defense, roster is littered with two-way forwards, to let Smith go if it gets the Wings a forward like Bobby Ryan. Quite frankly, a player that the Red Wings need because Samuelsson is not the answer for a RH shot.

This misconception that Detroit's defense is going to be abysmal is for the birds. Not great yes, but it'll do the job. Losing Stuart hurt more than losing Lidstrom IMO.

I'd hate to see Tatar go, he's my favorite prospect, but I don't see why something couldn't be centered around Smith + Tatar + 1st for Bobby Ryan. Or Smith + Franzen + 1st.

Trade the surplus of forwards for draft picks.

TatarTangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 07:04 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:

[MOD]
Any team, business and person that is very successful does have some sort of luck involved. But to keep it going for two decades also requires a great deal of skill and understanding. I won't pretend that Lidstrom, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Konstantinov, and Holmstrom along with a lot of other late picks didn't require some luck. However, the track record suggests they are really helping make their luck with good player selection and an environment and team philosophies that have helped really maximize the returns.

Old
12-11-2012, 07:41 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

My only comment is that Stuart has gotten a bunch of unwarranted hate. The guy wasnt great, but he will be sorely missed by the Wings.

WingedWheel1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 07:47 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
My only comment is that Stuart has gotten a bunch of unwarranted hate. The guy wasnt great, but he will be sorely missed by the Wings.
His absence will be recognized on the PK. Not much more elsewhere.

The Nashville series made saying goodbye a lot easier.

Old
12-11-2012, 07:57 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
His absence will be recognized on the PK. Not much more elsewhere.

The Nashville series made saying goodbye a lot easier.
He was pretty bad all of last year. I think he is getting a lot more than he deserves as far as I have seen people naming a couple seasons. I hope it works out for Brad Stuart back at home with his family. He did a lot of great things for us, but none of them happened last year and he looked to decline in a big way. Wish we had just pushed for trading Stuart for Douglas Murray in the middle of last year. but understand not wanting to give anything to the team that had just bounced us from the playoffs two years in a row. Still unfortunate the way things ended, he was our worst player in the Nashville series.

Ericsson had also passed him as our most reliable pk guy in Detroit last year. I guess I should also point out he was our most comfortable lefthanded shooting guy over on the right which was important. It was disappointing though to watch him struggle all year.

Old
12-11-2012, 11:05 PM
Snotbubbles

I love HF.

Brendan Smith, top defensive prospect.

Luke Schenn, bust.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 11:38 PM
The Nose
#thefuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
I love HF.

Luke Schenn, bust.
You're right, Luke Schenn isn't a bust just yet.

The Nose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 04:01 PM
LaLaLand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
I love HF.

Luke Schenn, bust.

no need to throw all of HF under the bus, it's only the red wings fans who think this kid is elite

Old
12-12-2012, 04:12 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
no need to throw all of HF under the bus, it's only the red wings fans who think this kid is elite
HF and THN lists must be written by Red Wings fans.

Seriously, you have an unhealthy amount of hate.

Old
12-12-2012, 08:42 PM
The Nose
#thefuture

Quote:
Yeah he was only ranked the 14th best prospect by HF and a top prospect by TSN (not to mention countless scouts).

Honestly the main reason people think Smith is overrated is because he's a Detroit prospect. Every argument against Smith is always weak and only looks at age (see last 9 pages). If you watch the kid you can tell how great he is. Not to mention hes a pretty unique player being an offensive defenseman with a mean streak.

thats like my 100th facepalm this thread

The Nose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 10:27 PM
Bench
Realgud!

The real shame is we'd already have over 2 months of NHL hockey to see how he'd be doing right now. Instead we're arguing about what if scenarios.

Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 10:36 PM
Crymson
Fire Holland

Quote:
Originally Posted by conway902 View Post
So he had 7 points in the nhl and now hes bored?
Babcock wanted him in the NHL last year, but Holland said no.

Crymson is offline   Reply With Quote