HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lockout Thread 2: Deal reached in early morning hours

Closed Thread

Old
12-09-2012, 10:21 PM
hockeydoug

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Why? The Hawks' season would be coming to an end too as soon as they lose their first game.
No kidding.

Old
12-09-2012, 10:24 PM
hockeydoug

I want think Fehr went too far but truth is he may have been right especially if they come to an agreement quickly where the owners bump up a little. I don't like the guy, but history suggests he's good at his job.

The league is accepting a PA invitation to have more discussions.

Old
12-09-2012, 10:27 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeydoug View Post
I want think Fehr went too far but truth is he may have been right especially if they come to an agreement quickly where the owners bump up a little. I don't like the guy, but history suggests he's good at his job.

The league is accepting a PA invitation to have more discussions.
League is losing sponsership money now that they lost chance at 60 game schedule (Lose out on full share of $$$),, Make whole at 300M is not happening

Expect NHL to go back to original make whole offer and for talks to die until season is officially cancelled around January 18th IMO

Old
12-09-2012, 10:32 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
League is losing sponsership money now that they lost chance at 60 game schedule (Lose out on full share of $$$),, Make whole at 300M is not happening

Expect NHL to go back to original make whole offer and for talks to die until season is officially cancelled around January 18th IMO
Or, the owners take a bit off the make whole and the bend on the contract rights, and the players give them the 10 years.

That's still much more realistic than the season being canceled...

Old
12-09-2012, 10:35 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
Or, the owners take a bit off the make whole and the bend on the contract rights, and the players give them the 10 years.

That's still much more realistic than the season being canceled...
Fehr refuses to give 10 years on CBA

He wants 8 yr CBA that NHLPA can opt out of in 6 ,, That is non starter in negotiations

Old
12-10-2012, 02:14 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
BS, not a lot of players wanted to take it. It was 1 depth player who THOUGHT the players were getting a deal done. Dater tweeted later that the players denied that Fehr told them to hold out for more, so do you believe that too, since you believe other Dater posts?

The player he was talking to wasnt even in the room, and that player is also fine with Fehrs decision, says Dater.

The players are much more willing to deal with Bettman than the owners are willing to deal with Fehr. It's funny how Selig says the last negotiations he had with Fehr were handled professionally and in the best interest of the game.

Fehr did not kill the deal, the owners killed it by making it a take it or leave it "package". The players wanted to negotiate off of it.

Who the hell negotiates with take it or leave it offers? Bettman and the big 4, thats who.

The players have given 1bil $ in concessions, and given in to some contractual rights. What have the owners given back to the PA?
Will people quit bringing this up because it's total nonsense.

As of right now there is no CBA, therefore there is no money being given to the players. So how are they giving anything back? What they are talking about is perceived income using a system that was never going to continue and a revenue increase that didn't include a lockout. It's like saying if I continued to grow every year as much as I did when I was 13 I should be 13ft tall right now.

A 50-50 split was always going to be where it would end up so for the players to act like that is some huge concession is ridiculous.

Old
12-10-2012, 06:39 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Quote:
Fehr refuses to give 10 years on CBA

He wants 8 yr CBA that NHLPA can opt out of in 6 ,, That is non starter in negotiations

That's why it's called 'negotiations'. You have to give to get something back. He says 'I'll never except this this and this' knowing maybe he can get 2 of the 3...

Old
12-10-2012, 09:10 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
Will people quit bringing this up because it's total nonsense.

As of right now there is no CBA, therefore there is no money being given to the players. So how are they giving anything back? What they are talking about is perceived income using a system that was never going to continue and a revenue increase that didn't include a lockout. It's like saying if I continued to grow every year as much as I did when I was 13 I should be 13ft tall right now.

A 50-50 split was always going to be where it would end up so for the players to act like that is some huge concession is ridiculous.
It's not non-sense, it's the truth. Even if they were at 50-50 last year and didn't give up 1bil in revenue (like they have), they have still given more than the owners have.

You don't like people using it to show how much the PA has given the owners becuase it shows how little the owners have given the players in return.

And if people are going to talk about X amount of teams losing money, stop talking about that too. Because that was based off of the last CBA as well.

Last edited by Hawkaholic: 12-10-2012 at 12:03 PM.
Old
12-10-2012, 09:43 AM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:

No way any future offers are backtracked. Anything discussed to save this season will have the last make whole offer.

Old
12-10-2012, 11:06 AM
hockeydoug

Quote:

How many sponsorships and which ones?
http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...ing-break.html

Many of these assumptions are based on previous sponsorship agreements. I don't think the major agreements are written the same the last few years. I wonder who the source is, an exec or a former owner or exec. We know the TV deal is already hedged and constructed different than almost every major tv deal to date. Many rumors had the owners looking at a season of less than 60 games during negotiations last week. It doesn't make much sense to have rushed things last week since 60 games wasn't very likely.

You might be right, but I've read all sorts of unsubstantiated claims about how the major deals are written and the potential for losses of fixed revenue. We may find out some specifics in the future. I don't trust much of the speculation and reporting from the Hockey News staff lately.

Old
12-10-2012, 11:09 AM
hockeydoug

http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/2012...business.html/

I enjoy some of his articles/blog entries. It's just an opinion (dime for 8 dozen of those) that I agree with and found entertaining.

Old
12-10-2012, 07:26 PM
Cullksinikers

There is talk that a CBA may be agreed to "soon".

Where have I heard this before? Which lucky party or person gets the distinguished honor of ****ing it up this time?

Old
12-10-2012, 07:55 PM
BBH
34|38|61|10|13

Send a message via Skype™ to BBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
There is talk that a CBA may be agreed to "soon".

Where have I heard this before? Which lucky party or person gets the distinguished honor of ****ing it up this time?
Fehr without a DOUBT.

Also, how many phone calls do you think Eric Fehr's gotten of people yelling for what Don's done?

Old
12-10-2012, 08:29 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBH View Post
Fehr without a DOUBT.

Also, how many phone calls do you think Eric Fehr's gotten of people yelling for what Don's done?
Considering they have no relation, none.

Old
12-10-2012, 10:30 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
It's not non-sense, it's the truth. Even if they were at 50-50 last year and didn't give up 1bil in revenue (like they have), they have still given more than the owners have.

You don't like people using it to show how much the PA has given the owners becuase it shows how little the owners have given the players in return.

And if people are going to talk about X amount of teams losing money, stop talking about that too. Because that was based off of the last CBA as well.
Last time I checked NHL players are paid 7 sometimes 8 figures to play a game. But yeah the owners are giving the players nothing!

Fact is players are more then fairly compensated for their work. Players need to realize that they play in a sport that doesn't make the same amount of money as other sports and that this isn't 2004, the world economy is much different.

Both sides need to realize that the longer this goes on the more this hurts the sport. Sure once this is settled they can go back to work, but what's there waiting for them? They have already lost 20% of the fan base and that's being generous on the low side. They need to quit playing the games and get to business and settle this thing.

It's why I was for a owner player meeting, get the actual people effected by the lockout together without Bettmans and Fehrs egos. But even then Bettman and Fehr found a way to get involved. Sadly the only way I think this thing gets setteled is if the NHL comes out with a cut off date of X and says if a deal is done by (Dec 30) as an example then the season is cancelled. Then I think the players actually come out and force Fehr to make a deal instead of playing this stupid dancing game with Fehr.

Girls your're both pretty, now do your job.

Last edited by Sir Psycho T: 12-11-2012 at 06:00 AM.
Old
12-10-2012, 10:32 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Considering they have no relation, none.
That means nothing.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/features...,6751595.story

Old
12-11-2012, 05:48 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I still like that some go with one side or the other

Old
12-11-2012, 09:38 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
Last time I checked NHL players are paid 7 sometimes 8 figures to play a game. But yeah the owners are giving the players nothing!

Fact is players are more then fairly compensated for their work. Players need to realize that they play in a sport that doesn't make the same amount of money as other sports and that this isn't 2004, the world economy is much different.

Both sides need to realize that the longer this goes on the more this hurts the sport. Sure once this is settled they can go back to work, but what's there waiting for them? They have already lost 20% of the fan base and that's being generous on the low side. They need to quit playing the games and get to business and settle this thing.

It's why I was for a owner player meeting, get the actual people effected by the lockout together without Bettmans and Fehrs egos. But even then Bettman and Fehr found a way to get involved. Sadly the only way I think this thing gets setteled is if the NHL comes out with a cut off date of X and says if a deal is done by (Dec 30) as an example then the season is cancelled. Then I think the players actually come out and force Fehr to make a deal instead of playing this stupid dancing game with Fehr.

Girls your're both pretty, now do your job.
Fehr got involved because the players asked him to come back in to finish the deal seeing as how he's their representation. The owners said if you bring your representation back to the table, the deal is off the table....how in the hell is that negotiating? Screw the owners, I hope a few franchises have to fold after this debacle.

Old
12-11-2012, 09:46 AM
unbridledid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Fehr got involved because the players asked him to come back in to finish the deal seeing as how he's their representation. The owners said if you bring your representation back to the table, the deal is off the table....how in the hell is that negotiating? Screw the owners, I hope a few franchises have to fold after this debacle.
Doesn't that also "screw" the players as there would be fewer jobs available ?... Seems like Mr Hansen is on the right track with his comments... http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=106

Old
12-11-2012, 10:10 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbridledid View Post
Doesn't that also "screw" the players as there would be fewer jobs available ?... Seems like Mr Hansen is on the right track with his comments... http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=106
It does

Old
12-11-2012, 10:23 AM
Illinihockey

Jason Brough‏@JasonPHT

NHL has proposed $60 million cap for 2013-14. Canucks have $55.4 million committed...and only 13 players signed. So that should be fun.

Old
12-11-2012, 11:28 AM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
I still like that some go with one side or the other
Me too. It's like a mistreated, underfed dog choosing to take the side of one of his abusive owners with regard to how he's treated.

Ugh. Bubba, I want to get back to the days where we'd argue endlessly about Bowman's merits as a GM.
This league has even taken that away

Old
12-11-2012, 11:40 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch
"To sell the whole PA under the bus, it's going to be difficult to stick up for a guy like that." Hartnell on @TEAM1200Ottawa on Harmrlik.

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch
"I can't wait to see what his teammates do when guys go after him." Philly's Scott Hartnell on @TEAM1200Ottawa on Roman Hamrlik. #NHL #NHLPA
I hope some of the silent moderates finally speak up ,, Hamrlik is not backing down and he is getting threats from hardliners thru NHL

Bravo Hammer ,, Always liked you as a player and admire your backbone in standing up for what you believe

Yesterday Hamrlik called for a vote and said as a vet of 3 work stoppages (One of the few left) he has right to his opinion and wont back down from it

Old
12-11-2012, 12:43 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
I hope some of the silent moderates finally speak up ,, Hamrlik is not backing down and he is getting threats from hardliners thru NHL

Bravo Hammer ,, Always liked you as a player and admire your backbone in standing up for what you believe

Yesterday Hamrlik called for a vote and said as a vet of 3 work stoppages (One of the few left) he has right to his opinion and wont back down from it
He does have his right to his opinion, and he'll have to answer for that opinion when hockey starts again.

Old
12-11-2012, 12:57 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
He does have his right to his opinion, and he'll have to answer for that opinion when hockey starts again.
Just like Moore had to answer for his hit on Naslund (Clean hit within rules I would add) ,, Right?

Threatening a player which is what Hartnell is doing here (Implying violence on ice against him without support from his teammates) is gutless

Closed Thread