HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sharks Prospect Info/Discussion 6.0

Closed Thread

Old
12-09-2012, 10:25 PM
sr228

vCash: 500
Really good write up on JP Anderson becoming the OHL's winningest goalie.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrh...004047711.html

Old
12-09-2012, 11:02 PM
spintheblackcircle
Global Moderator
s'all good, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
Well, he's Benn Ferriero...not good enough for an NHL top 6 role and wrong skill set for the 3rd and 4th lines. So he could make the roster, but where does he play?
He's better than Benn, he's already played a regular shift over a full season for a playoff team.

12-09-2012, 11:27 PM
Kitten Mittons

Playing a full season on a different team is not a proper comparison.

Kennedy played 112 games in the NHL with 29 points. Ferriero played 92 games with 22 points. Their PPG is similar. Kennedy had one "successful" year in his career, after which he played 33 NHL games over the course of last two years with 3 points, unable to crack Florida's roster. Ferriero played 68 games over the last two years on a much better team with 17 points. He is also a year younger.

Just for reference.

Old
12-09-2012, 11:54 PM
WoostahShaahks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Fischer View Post
Sateri's looking quite good out there. I was really impressed with him in the third. I still wonder about his glove but does anyone else think he could usurp the starting gig in the next few weeks--especially if he stays hot and keeps winning? I think it'll be a timeshare for the foreseeable future because Stalock while his last two games have been rough (especially that Portland game) hasn't been that bad and I think he still carries favor with the Roy and company.

As much as I want to see the next game, I'm more interested in seeing who gets the nod against the Whale. Not being a back to back, I think the nod will be quite telling of what the team thinks. Then again it could just be a move to go with the hot hand. It's like the Sharks have an AHL version of Elliot-Halak on their hands with a 1A, 1B tandem. A good problem to have.
Stalock deserved a win Saturday night... probably in regulation too. It was the firepower that was lacking, definitely not him. He didn't look too bad in Portland... a little off but nothing to get concerned about. Sateri won't surpass him as starting goalie but it's nice to have a solid goalie in net either way.

Old
12-10-2012, 12:17 AM
Craig Fischer
Hockey's Future Staff

To Speed and WoostahGirl: Whoops, sorry, I messed up there. Not sure how I messed up that bad, I was referring to the Syracuse and Portland game. My bad. You guys are right about the Providence game. That's why when you have to watch 20+ prospects, you need to look at your notes haha.

Re: Abeltshauser discussion

I want to like this prospect soooo much. I like the way he plays on the offensive rush but his actual skill and impact could be potentially misleading due to the star cast he plays with. HalifaxDucks mentioned the D really needed him back there, and I didn't get to watch the last game where they got blown apart so perhaps that was more of an indicator of things, but interestingly enough, the team's GAA with Abeltshauser in the lineup is 2.69, and 2.85 without him--not that significant of a number. He's certainly an impact player (he's their 1st pairing defender) but I don't know if he plays as direct an impact on that teams success as we'd hope at least on the backend. Still a fantastic defensive prospect.

second edit: It looks like the impact is probably more felt on the offensive side of things, they score 1 goal less a game without him in the lineup. (5.3 vs. 4.1)

Last edited by Craig Fischer: 12-10-2012 at 12:26 AM. Reason: a word, second edit for Abeltshauser offensive impact
Old
12-10-2012, 12:27 AM
WoostahShaahks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Fischer View Post
To Speed and WoostahGirl: Whoops, sorry, I messed up there. Not sure how I messed up that bad, I was referring to the Syracuse and Portland game. My bad. You guys are right about the Providence game. That's why when you have to watch 20+ prospects, you need to look at your notes haha.
The Syracuse game was also less then 24 hours after a wildly exhausting game with Al playing back to back games against a team that is absolutely unreal. The entire team was out matched in that one, wouldn't really put that one on Stalock. Definitely not trying to discredit Sateri, he's been working so hard since he started off so rough.

Old
12-10-2012, 01:01 AM
Craig Fischer
Hockey's Future Staff

Great point WoostahShaahks. (lol--notice how I called you WoostahGirl before? haha--no more late night message boards).

Old
12-10-2012, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinTheBlackCircle View Post
He's better than Benn, he's already played a regular shift over a full season for a playoff team.
He's a little better than Ferriero, but it's more about their circumstances...

Old
12-10-2012, 07:25 AM
hans26

http://www.hokej.cz/cz/tipsport-extr...la-s-bednarem/ Awesome pass by Hertl to Bednář yesterday. There is a video (the second one), but I don't know if it works with non-czech IP.

Old
12-10-2012, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoostahShaahks View Post
The Syracuse game was also less then 24 hours after a wildly exhausting game with Al playing back to back games against a team that is absolutely unreal. The entire team was out matched in that one, wouldn't really put that one on Stalock. Definitely not trying to discredit Sateri, he's been working so hard since he started off so rough.
I can't recall the last time I saw a team play as well as Worcester did for most of that game (after the first 8 minutes or so, and the last few minutes were "just get me outta here hockey") and be so dominated by another team. The good news is they only see the Crunch one more time. The bas news is we see Springfield 6 times starting in January, and they may be just as good.

Old
12-10-2012, 05:18 PM
WoostahShaahks

Quote:
I can't recall the last time I saw a team play as well as Worcester did for most of that game (after the first 8 minutes or so, and the last few minutes were "just get me outta here hockey") and be so dominated by another team. The good news is they only see the Crunch one more time. The bas news is we see Springfield 6 times starting in January, and they may be just as good.
It really looked like completely different leagues between Worcester and Syracuse, I felt. I was really hoping the lockout would be over before they had to play Springfield because they have so much to lose but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

Old
12-11-2012, 04:12 AM
hohosaregood
Drunken Snacking

I was just looking at the Sharks draft history, is it just me or does Doug Wilson really not like the WHL. DW's last pick from there was Viedensky and the only guy drafted from there in the NHL was Setoguchi.

Old
12-11-2012, 09:17 AM
sr228

A write up from Chris Peters of players that have the most to prove going into the US World Junior camp w/ a spotlight on Kuraly:

http://unitedstatesofhockey.com/2012...prove-in-camp/

Old
12-11-2012, 10:01 AM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohosaregood View Post
I was just looking at the Sharks draft history, is it just me or does Doug Wilson really not like the WHL. DW's last pick from there was Viedensky and the only guy drafted from there in the NHL was Setoguchi.
So, Scott Hannan's a scrub?

Old
12-11-2012, 03:03 PM
hohosaregood
Drunken Snacking

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
I was kinda assuming DW didn't draft Scott Hannan and a lot of the guys drafted in the 90s but I'm honestly woefully uninformed about the inner workings back then

Old
12-11-2012, 03:33 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

CanadianHockeyLeague ‏@CHLHockey #Vaughn #CHL Goaltender of Week is JP Anderson of @StingHockey 2-0-0-1 1SO, 0.97 GAA, .973 SV%, and set new #OHL record with 115 career wins

Old
12-11-2012, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohosaregood View Post
I was kinda assuming DW didn't draft Scott Hannan and a lot of the guys drafted in the 90s but I'm honestly woefully uninformed about the inner workings back then
Dean Lombardi was the GM back then, right?

Old
12-12-2012, 05:02 PM
magic school bus

vCash: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalockrox View Post
A write up from Chris Peters of players that have the most to prove going into the US World Junior camp w/ a spotlight on Kuraly:

http://unitedstatesofhockey.com/2012...prove-in-camp/
he had some really nice things to say about kuraly. i'll keep my eyes on him.

Old
12-12-2012, 05:09 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Dean Lombardi was the GM back then, right?
Scott Hannan was a 97 draftee, so yes, Lombardi would've been in charge at the time (he was hired in 96). Tim Burke was also appointed head scout in June of 96, with 4 previous years in the Sharks org as a pro scout and occasional amateur scout.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."
Sometimes I use Twitter: @Nemesis_HF
Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Old
12-12-2012, 05:18 PM
WTFetus
Marlov

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
He wasn't drafted by DW. But regardless, why was Hannan your go-to-guy and not Marleau?

Old
12-12-2012, 05:40 PM
hohosaregood
Drunken Snacking

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
He wasn't drafted by DW. But regardless, why was Hannan your go-to-guy and not Marleau?
Or Brad Stuart for that matter

Old
12-12-2012, 07:44 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
Was wondering the same thing.

Old
12-13-2012, 10:12 AM
LeeIFBB
Teflon Doug

When are they supposed to announce the final roster for the US team?

Old
12-13-2012, 10:29 AM
sr228

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeIFBB View Post
When are they supposed to announce the final roster for the US team?
Dec. 22

Old
12-13-2012, 11:00 AM
sr228

Good article on Kuraly with a little bit of background on why he got interested in hockey.

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/news...id=DL|CBJ|home

Closed Thread