HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Bluth Company Trade/Lineup Thread PT 3: Offseason Edition

Old
12-11-2012, 03:16 PM
xX Hot Fuss

vCash: 500
The rule goes into effect next season. Too many trades have been made that violate the rule.

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 03:17 PM
Stockey
Let's Go Buffalo!

Hey has anyone checked to see what the update on the GMC was this morning?

Stockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 03:18 PM
matt1396

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
The rule goes into effect next season. Too many trades have been made that violate the rule.
alright this sounds good to me, it gives everyone a chance to ship out any unwanted players they acquired recently, before next season.

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 03:21 PM
xX Hot Fuss

Also, i'll leave it up to the GM to decide if he wants the Yakupov deal or the Cammaleri deal. With the new rules Yakupov is free to be traded to anyone.

If there's any discussion left to be had about this (not sure why there would be) please bring it over to the Discussion/Signup thread. This thread is 50 posts away from 1000 and i dont have time or want to make a new thread right now. Going to go study.

Again, just to clarify...

-Cannot trade anyone recently traded for until 3 seasons after they were acquired unless they're a UFA the next season
-Franchise Player rule is out
-Move discussion to Discussion/Signup thread until tomorrow please

Thank you for the headache Blutch Company GMs.

Old
12-11-2012, 03:22 PM
HaroldDruken

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1396 View Post
not exactly. Forward positioning is the last thing I care about, I needed a top 6 forward so I went out and got one in Plekanec even though it looks like that trade won't go through now.
You traded a top D prospect who's NHL ready and a young, powerful RW for a 31 year old 3rd line C and a solid D man, both who have huge contracts. It's such a step back and it makes no sense.

HaroldDruken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 04:06 PM
EvoLu7ioN

Fuss, I really agree with the premise of what you are saying: every team has players that are core guys, that should/would never be traded. This allows a team to maintain some identity and culture from season to season.

I also agree with what Stockey is saying as well, a short list of franchise players per team could be designated.

My question is, why does that core or culture of franchise players have to be the same as the NHL. Why can't that list be specialized for our league - as long as those players are not traded traded, teams get the chance to forge and maintain their own core.

Rule proposal:

- Every team creates a list of 3/4 (not sure which is better) players they are building their franchise around. These have to be great/elite players or really high end prospects.

- These designated core players cannot be traded under any circumstances.

- Every second year teams have the option of switching out 1 of their designated core for a different player on their team.

EvoLu7ioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 04:09 PM
dunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoLu7ioN View Post
Fuss, I really agree with the premise of what you are saying: every team has players that are core guys, that should/would never be traded. This allows a team to maintain some identity and culture from season to season.

I also agree with what Stockey is saying as well, a short list of franchise players per team could be designated.

My question is, why does that core or culture of franchise players have to be the same as the NHL. Why can't that list be specialized for our league - as long as those players are not traded traded, teams get the chance to forge and maintain their own core.

Rule proposal:

- Every team creates a list of 3/4 (not sure which is better) players they are building their franchise around. These have to be great/elite players or really high end prospects.

- Every second year teams have the option of switching out 1 of their designated core for a different player on their team.
I like where you are going with that I currently have 7 and I know I will not move at least 4 of them probably 5 of them but I need to move 1-2 of them to better my team.

dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 04:09 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoLu7ioN View Post

Rule proposal:

I sort of like this idea. It gets to what I was trying (but failing) to say the other day--cores change and evolve, so we can't simply take the current NHL and read it forward.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 04:13 PM
EvoLu7ioN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
I sort of like this idea. It gets to what I was trying (but failing) to say the other day--cores change and evolve, so we can't simply take the current NHL and read it forward.
Exactly! And just because a player is great or even elite doesn't mean a GM is building around that guy, perhaps he doesn't fit his style.

The main thing is to have a core on each team that stays the same so that teams become recognizable.

Old
12-11-2012, 04:25 PM
xX Hot Fuss

How is it any different than what i did last night? With the exception of a few teams, i dont think any of the teams i listed had more than 3/4 "Franchise Players"

Old
12-11-2012, 04:28 PM
dunner

Just to get the word out there to let all Gm's know these are some not all of the wild's players in play. If your not talking about a top 6 player don't bother requesting a trade.

Rielly
Setoguchi
Gilbert
Granlund (big maybe)

Pm your interests and i'll let you know if the ballpark is right.

Old
12-11-2012, 04:30 PM
dunner

Quote:
How is it any different than what i did last night? With the exception of a few teams, i dont think any of the teams i listed had more than 3/4 "Franchise Players"
Not to stir anything Fuss but i had 5 and tried to trade 1 not on the list and got it rejected.

Old
12-11-2012, 04:31 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Because the GMs are selecting the players for their own team.

Old
12-11-2012, 04:35 PM
SUBdrewgANS
born into trouble

Send a message via AIM to SUBdrewgANS
What time is the advance? sorry if its already been said

SUBdrewgANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 04:37 PM
EvoLu7ioN

Quote:
Yeah, they have control over who they are trying to build around. And also, none of these players would be traded. The only way you could trade one of the guys on your core designated list would be wait 2 years and then switch him for a different player - a lot more straightforward and clear cut which could help out on all the drama/having to judge and shut down trades.. Could even make it 3 years.

Old
12-11-2012, 04:50 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBdrewgANS View Post
What time is the advance? sorry if its already been said
10 CST, right?

Old
12-11-2012, 05:09 PM
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.

vCash: 400

Last edited by That Habs Fan: 12-11-2012 at 08:45 PM. Reason: delete me
That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 06:40 PM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

Quote:
Also, i'll leave it up to the GM to decide if he wants the Yakupov deal or the Cammaleri deal. With the new rules Yakupov is free to be traded to anyone.

If there's any discussion left to be had about this (not sure why there would be) please bring it over to the Discussion/Signup thread. This thread is 50 posts away from 1000 and i dont have time or want to make a new thread right now. Going to go study.

Again, just to clarify...

-Cannot trade anyone recently traded for until 3 seasons after they were acquired unless they're a UFA the next season
-Franchise Player rule is out
-Move discussion to Discussion/Signup thread until tomorrow please

Thank you for the headache Blutch Company GMs.
I feel like every time you post you're all pissy.

Chessarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 07:00 PM
Nick1219

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessarmy View Post
You 'feel' like?

Pretty sure that's a given.

Nick1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 08:08 PM
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.

The new Canadiens GM completes the rebranding of his team, getting rid of the last remnants of the undersized Gainey/Gauthier era by trading 35 year old Brian Gionta to the Leafs for John-Michael Liles. Also included in the trade is prospect Morgan Ellis in exchange for a 3rd.

Gorges-Subban
Ehrhoff-Despres
Liles-Komisarek
---
Tinordi-Weber

Last edited by That Habs Fan: 12-11-2012 at 08:36 PM.
Old
12-11-2012, 08:23 PM
xVx Santillo

Martin Erat (83 - RW)
Paul Gaustad (77- C - try and knock him down you just cant )
Ian White (84 - D might move him if deal is good)
Scott Hannan (81 - D)
Pekka Rinne (if you want him, pay for him because I ain't too sure I want to move him)

PM with OFFERS, ill counter if anything

xVx Santillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 08:39 PM
xX Hot Fuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessarmy View Post
Well you guys have been making me pissy lately. The past two weeks for me have been studying for the last tests in all 4 of my classes, then studying for finals in all 4 of my classes, playing in the playoffs, dealing with the Bluth Offseason, and dealing with all these other issues in Bluth while studying every second inbetween.

I'm stressed and crabby. You all are going to have to deal with it for another 16 hours until i'm done with this semester.

Old
12-11-2012, 08:41 PM
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.

I remember finals, they are horrid.

Best o luck Fuss!

note - these last couple trades should make it clear, I am this league's Ken Holland

Old
12-11-2012, 08:42 PM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHamps View Post
The new Canadiens GM completes the rebranding of his team, getting rid of the last remnants of the undersized Gainey/Gauthier era by trading 35 year old Brian Gionta to the Leafs for John-Michael Liles. Also included in the trade is prospect Morgan Ellis in exchange for a 3rd.

Gorges-Subban
Ehrhoff-Despres
Liles-Komisarek
---
Tinordi-Weber

Confirmed. Giving the Leafs a little Habs flavour. Also reuniting Gomer and Gio.

gunnerdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 08:45 PM
Price 89

Quote:
Well you guys have been making me pissy lately. The past two weeks for me have been studying for the last tests in all 4 of my classes, then studying for finals in all 4 of my classes, playing in the playoffs, dealing with the Bluth Offseason, and dealing with all these other issues in Bluth while studying every second inbetween.

I'm stressed and crabby. You all are going to have to deal with it for another 16 hours until i'm done with this semester.
I feel you. Your lucky it ends tomorrow mine ends next wednesday

Price 89 is offline   Reply With Quote