HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Roster Talk '13 — Switzerland

Old
12-06-2012, 08:33 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
What role will Bertschy have ? How is he progressing ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 07:08 AM
ThrashersfanSVK
@Jakub_Homola

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB Stars View Post
Boltshauser seems to have good numbers, don't see how he won't be the number one. Melvin Nyffeler is only 5'8 too ..
BS... I recommend not to rely just on EliteProspects numbers. I tried to update his numbers with putting the my photos of him to his EP profile, but their staff just put photos and that was all (well, it sounds like a complaint, but, to be honest, I don't care ). Melvin is about 5'11'' tall. Not so tall, but definitely taller than 5'8''.

I'm a huge fan of him and I think he'll be the Swiss startup.

Last edited by ThrashersfanSVK: 12-07-2012 at 07:14 AM.
ThrashersfanSVK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 09:38 AM
jonas2244

Bertschy is having a tough year, only 4 pts in 25 games. He plays in the third line and is surley not getting as much ice-time as last year. But I don't think that this harms is progress, he plays in a good team with many experienced players and surley is each day learning from day. But changing air and going to NA wouldn't be a bad idea I think.

In the U-20 team he'll of course be one of the offensive leaders and getting much ice-time.

jonas2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 09:54 AM
Darth Yoda

vCash: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonas2244 View Post
Bertschy is having a tough year, only 4 pts in 25 games. He plays in the third line and is surley not getting as much ice-time as last year. But I don't think that this harms is progress, he plays in a good team with many experienced players and surley is each day learning from day. But changing air and going to NA wouldn't be a bad idea I think.

In the U-20 team he'll of course be one of the offensive leaders and getting much ice-time.
Yeah. I have often wondered about if that does´nt harm players development but one thing is for sure, when coming to the WJC they most often get good offensive numbers although they have hardly scored a goal all season. Except for when out with the junior national team which of course means that they've gotten to play major roles after all. We also got numerous examples of top NHL-talents startig out in small roles but evolves real good with time. (See Thornton and Naslund).

Darth Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 04:27 PM
bsmith14

I think Martschini will impress everyone. Kid has such heart and a good motor. 5'5" and playing in the top Swiss league against a lot of NHL'ers right now.

bsmith14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 05:24 PM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith14 View Post
I think Martschini will impress everyone. Kid has such heart and a good motor. 5'5" and playing in the top Swiss league against a lot of NHL'ers right now.
Swiss Theo Fleury (in a good way of course)

ficohok* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 10:18 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:

Do you think he will be able to take on a bigger role next year ?

Old
12-08-2012, 03:13 AM
jonas2244

Of course he is. On the other side (as I said before) I'd prefer him to go over and play one season of junior hockey

jonas2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 11:14 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Of course he is. On the other side (as I said before) I'd prefer him to go over and play one season of junior hockey
I think the Wild wouldn't mind seeing him in the CHL.. Oh well what can you do !

Old
12-08-2012, 04:56 PM
Semaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith14 View Post
Don't know much about Martshini but the kid who will impress everyone is Sven Andrighetto. He is one of the most dominant player in the Q right now. He don't just accumulate points, he dominate every single game. In fact, I think he would have a decent chance of making team Canada if he could.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5lptNuOLUs

Semaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 05:10 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semaj View Post
Don't know much about Martshini but the kid who will impress everyone is Sven Andrighetto. He is one of the most dominant player in the Q right now. He don't just accumulate points, he dominate every single game. In fact, I think he would have a decent chance of making team Canada if he could.

I don't get why he wasn't draft last year, or the year before..

Old
12-10-2012, 11:33 AM
NicoSB

Quote:

No way, let this kid be ours!

NicoSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 01:36 PM
Rafik Soliman
Hockey's Future Staff

Here's my update from the 2nd day of the preliminary camp in Lenzerheide...

The Swiss will look at a pretty balanced team... They have a new head coach in Sean Simpson and thatfore a new system.

Boltshauser will be the starter, that is clear for me as he is the most solid goaltender of all four in the camp. Kevin Huber is the biggest of the four and has potential, but currently struggles with consistency. I saw him couple of times in the Juniors and in the 1st Amateur league... He's brilitant making big saves, but can catch a soft goal the next shift... Nyffeler and Kuonen will take over next year and one of them will lead the taxi-squad... Both are very small (and yes @ThrashersfanSVK you talked to me via eliteprospects.com and today I saw it again, that Nyffeler is for sure no 5'11!!! The Swiss have him listed now at 5'09.5 which is in my eyes more accurate) and rely on their reflexes... I believe next year a 95-born will take over the starting role, as I'm not happy with both of them....

The defence is a little above average... The team still lifes from the strong 93-class, but they all haven't made very big progress over the last couple of years... Christian Marti is currently out with a mild concussion which the suffered in his last QMJHL-Game last friday... He arrived tuesday morning and will start off-ice training tomorrow and will start with ice practice on Sunday... He said it should be all fine! Kukan, Hächler, Guerra and Marti if he's healthy should be the lead guys and then we'll lose ground. Antonietti is so big, but so stiff and has horrible skating and no atheltism at all... I don't know how he made it to the CentralScoutingList? I realy have no clue?? I realy liked Isacco Dotti, would showed good movement and also has decent size, he was clearly better than Antonietti. Valentin Lüthi was missing, but I don't know why? So that leaves Lukas Frick and the two 95-born Phil Baltisberger and Mirco Müller as candidates, but all three of them somehow are missing the next gear. No quickness or flashiness during practice and that makes me question their readiness?

The attack is clearly lead by the north american guys (or former if you want so) and NHL-Draft choices... Alessio Bertaggia, Tanner Richarad, Sven Andrighetto, Christoph Bertschy and Lino Martschini are leading this offense and are a clear stepp ahead of the rest. One interesting Player is Sandro Zangger, who in my eyes is the rising player in Switzerland. He is looking at a top-6 role at the WJC and even got a spot on the 1st PP-Line which was Zangger-Richard-Andrighetto and Martschini-Kukan at the point... Martschini is a weapon with a deadly wrist shot... If he'd only be able to gain more strengh and weight!?

Will be interesting so see how the cuts will be made... I will keep you informed...

These where the Lines during the scrimmages:

Team red
-----------
Andrighetto - Richard - Martschini
Praplan - Balmelli - Zangger
Diem -------------- Sterchi
Hächler - Kukan
Antonietti - Dotti

Team white
--------------
Bertaggia - Bertschy - Leone
Sieber - Neuenschwander - Simion
Künzle ------------------- Grassi
Müller - Guerra
Frick - Baltisberger

Last edited by Rafik Soliman: 12-11-2012 at 02:45 PM.
Rafik Soliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 03:18 PM
Subber

Who's Robin Leone? Interesting to found out that Swiss team has a guy with finnish passport, why does he have that? Will he make it to the final roster?

Subber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 03:38 PM
Rafik Soliman
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subber View Post
Who's Robin Leone? Interesting to found out that Swiss team has a guy with finnish passport, why does he have that? Will he make it to the final roster?
Based on the name, my guess is that his mother is finnish? Same with Kevin Huber, who told me he's czech...

He's not that bad, but more of a role player with an outside chance of making the team. He missed all of last season after knee surgery....

Old
12-11-2012, 03:41 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafik Soliman View Post
Based on the name, my guess is that his mother is finnish? Same with Kevin Huber, who told me he's czech...
You think? Leone is an Italian name.

Systemfel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 03:42 PM
Rafik Soliman
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemfel View Post
You think? Leone is an Italian name.
LOL, that's why his mother is the finnish part...

Old
12-11-2012, 03:43 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafik Soliman View Post
LOL, that's why his mother is the finnish part...
I'm an idiot.

Systemfel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 02:16 AM
NicoSB

Wow thanks for your tremendous report. I'm quite unsure if I should be happy or unhappy about the developement as you describe it.

It seems like there are some decent defenders and offenders but the goalies seem to be a weakness or am I misunderstanding you?

It 's a shame that these talented 93ers can't make progress :/

NicoSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 06:56 AM
torero

Quote:

Wow ! the vid starts with a slalom through the Russian team (s'il vous plait !) then has a move à la Ovechkin (seen in Ovie's highlights)! and follows by a goal (d'anthologie) that looks like one scored by Tavares past Saturday (which was unreal !) !

Hats down ! i'm impressed.

another Swiss Svensation

torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 07:15 AM
ti-vite

Quote:

I get to see many Huskies games each year, he is very strong on the puck this year, dominant. Don't understand him not getting drafted (?)

ti-vite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 09:31 AM
Rafik Soliman
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ti-vite View Post
I get to see many Huskies games each year, he is very strong on the puck this year, dominant. Don't understand him not getting drafted (?)
In my eyes, the Q is full of undrafted players like him... David Desharnis comes to my mind from the past...

He is good, but you have to be carefull since he is among the older players in the Q... I think free agency and NHL-Camp try-outs will be his route to go and of course an all-star WJC performance would help very well....

Old
12-14-2012, 01:09 PM
Rafik Soliman
Hockey's Future Staff

The 1st cuts have been made...

Goaltender Kevin Huber (EV Zug), Forward Nolan Diem (EV Zug), Daniele Grassi (HC Ambrì-Piotta) and Simon Sterchi (SCL Tigers) will have to go home. Forward Reto Amstutz (SC Bern) and defenseman Valentin Lüthi (SCL Tigers) will have to pass due to injury...

That leaves us with the following roster for the remaining of the camp:

Goaltenders:
Boltshauser Luca (Färjestad BK / SWE)
Kuonen Robin (EV Zug)
Nyffeler Melvin (GCK Lions)

Defense:
Antonietti Eliot (Genève-Servette HC)
Baltisberger Phil (GCK Lions)
Dotti Isacco (HC Ambrì-Piotta)
Frick Lukas (Kloten Flyers)
Guerra Samuel (HC Davos)
Hächler Cédric (ZSC Lions)
Kukan Dean (Tingsryd AIF / SWE)
Marti Christian (Blainville-Boisbriand Armada / QMJHL)
Müller Mirco (Everett Silvertips / WHL)

Forwards:
Andrighetto Sven (Rouyn Noranda Huskies / QMJHL)
Balmelli Lukas (Drumondville Voltigeurs / QMJHL)
Bertaggia Alessio (Brandon Wheat Kings / WHL)
Bertschy Christoph (SC Bern)
Künzle Mike (GCK Lions)
Leone Robin (Kloten Flyers)
Martschini Lino (EV Zug)
Neuenschwander Jan (HC Davos)
Praplan Vincent (Kloten Flyers)
Richard Tanner (Guelph Storm / OHL)
Sieber Lukas (HC Davos)
Simion Dario (HC Lugano)
Zangger Sandro (GCK Lions)

Old
12-14-2012, 04:44 PM
Snippit

I'm guessing Richard will be the best player on the team? (15th in OHL points)

Snippit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 12:21 AM
MB94
@MBFarina94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snippit View Post
I'm guessing Richard will be the best player on the team? (15th in OHL points)
Andrigehtto IMO

MB94 is offline   Reply With Quote