HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Anyone Getting Utterly Dis-interested With This Lockout?

Old
12-11-2012, 04:06 PM
Sens Mile

vCash: 500
Anyone Getting Utterly Dis-interested With This Lockout?

I can honestly say my passion for Hockey is at an all time low. I am not sure about the rest of you but it has came to the point where I do not particularly care anymore. We had so much going for us, its disappointing.

Sens Mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 04:09 PM
The Fuhr

I have season tickets to the Bulldogs and follow Bingo... I've gone to a handful of OHL games as well.

There is plenty of hockey out there.

The Fuhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 04:12 PM
Sens Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Below View Post
I have season tickets to the Bulldogs and follow Bingo... I've gone to a handful of OHL games as well.

There is plenty of hockey out there.
I agree with plenty of hockey out there, I have caught some 67's games, but they personally don't entice the passion that the Senators did. I'm not getting my sports fix, this is just personally frustrating

Old
12-11-2012, 04:16 PM
Goat Boy
In support of BMurr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens Mile View Post
I can honestly say my passion for Hockey is at an all time low. I am not sure about the rest of you but it has came to the point where I do not particularly care anymore. We had so much going for us, its disappointing.
I've been there for a long time. At this point I don't particularly have any expectation that the lockout will end, and it doesn't bother me at all. It feels like the NHL has shut down for the rest of eternity, and I can't be bothered to care.

The good news is I've discovered and rediscovered all sorts of hobbies. I'm reading novels again for the first time in I don't know how long.

Goat Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 04:16 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
I still have a lot of passion for hockey, but am at an all-time low in passion for the NHL. Either the sides are not talking at all, or shooting off their mouths to the media, or having meetings to decide whether to have a meeting to decide whether to meet. I'm sick of this **** . I don't effing care about the lockout anymore. Talk to me when a deal is signed, sealed and delivered. Until then Fehr and Buttman, eff off. Your 15 minutes expired years ago.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 04:18 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

vCash: 137
I was never interested in the lockout to begin with.

I also found a new hobby, its called "Find as many youtube vids of NHL hockey as possible".

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 04:23 PM
Sens Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
I still have a lot of passion for hockey, but am at an all-time low in passion for the NHL. Either the sides are not talking at all, or shooting off their mouths to the media, or having meetings to decide whether to have a meeting to decide whether to meet. I'm sick of this **** . I don't effing care about the lockout anymore. Talk to me when a deal is signed, sealed and delivered. Until then Fehr and Buttman, eff off. Your 15 minutes expired years ago.
My personal feeling is that there is just too much ego involved in the process. Jacobs, Bettman, and Fehr all hope for a legacy that and are causing issues. I honestly don't care about the split of revenues, its the front line workers (whether Office or in the stands) who are not receiving cheques that this is getting bad for. I can personally confirm that I will not be buying tickets this year due to this ridiculous sideshow.

Old
12-11-2012, 04:24 PM
Sens Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
I've been there for a long time. At this point I don't particularly have any expectation that the lockout will end, and it doesn't bother me at all. It feels like the NHL has shut down for the rest of eternity, and I can't be bothered to care.

The good news is I've discovered and rediscovered all sorts of hobbies. I'm reading novels again for the first time in I don't know how long.
Oh I have hobbies but the excitement is difficult to recreate on a students salary.

Old
12-11-2012, 04:35 PM
HankHillC3H8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
I was never interested in the lockout to begin with.

I also found a new hobby, its called "Find as many youtube vids of NHL hockey as possible".
Same here I go through tons of Sens playoff videos every few months. I think I've seen almost every video from last years playoffs. (CBC montages, goal videos, game recaps, etc)

Here's one I found earlier. Should last you guys about 2 hours:

HankHillC3H8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 04:37 PM
Sens Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankHillC3H8 View Post
Same here I go through tons of Sens playoff videos every few months. I think I've seen almost every video from last years playoffs. (CBC montages, goal videos, game recaps, etc)

Awhh I miss hockey again. Dammit over this stupid lockout.

Old
12-11-2012, 04:51 PM
ChocolateLeclaire

Quote:

See...no matter how much I say how much I don't care...I watch this and think back to being at that game and how I was ecstatic after the game and how I celebrated with a few too many bevies on a work night and then coming back here to share in the revelry on the board...

Man...I miss hockey.

ChocolateLeclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 04:52 PM
HenrySpezzaThoreau
Out in the woods

I was following pretty closely up until the talks about saving an 82 game season and starting on Nov. 1st. Once that fell through I just gave up. I still go to the tsn website all the time just out of habit, but as soon as I see the same pictures of Bettman or Fehr or whoever I just immediately close it.

HenrySpezzaThoreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 04:56 PM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

vCash: 256
I am officially disgusted at the players: I will not watch the NHL for a full year once Alfredsson has retired.

Do Make Say Think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 04:58 PM
General Granny*

Quote:

God damn it. I miss this.

General Granny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 05:11 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
My personal feeling is that there is just too much ego involved in the process. Jacobs, Bettman, and Fehr all hope for a legacy that and are causing issues. I honestly don't care about the split of revenues, its the front line workers (whether Office or in the stands) who are not receiving cheques that this is getting bad for. I can personally confirm that I will not be buying tickets this year due to this ridiculous sideshow.
Couldn't agree more, particularly with the bolded. All the attention is on Bettman, Fehr, the owners and the players, when in reality, the biggest victims are the fans (loss of the game we all have a passion for), and those workers, whose livelihood depends on the NHL being on the ice.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 05:37 PM
OttawaGM

Got a full refund for my season tickets, so now I don't need to worry about it.

The main issue with this lockout is it is very polarized. You either hate the players or the owners at this point. Personally I don't think I'll be able to bring myself to give the players 50% of my $ for a really long time after this one. Others probably feel the exact same way about giving 50% to the owners.

Either way this lockout is going to hurt the league big time.

OttawaGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 05:39 PM
Ron Jeremy

The fans should not attend any games if the lockout is resolved this season. Playing to empty barns will teach them. Seriously.

Ron Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 05:41 PM
OttawaGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jeremy View Post
The fans should not attend any games if the lockout is resolved this season. Playing to empty barns will teach them. Seriously.
I had discussed having a fan walkout for opening night. Everyone pays to attend the opener with the intention of walking out and going home at the 10 minute mark of the first period. If it were to happen league wide I think it would send a pretty big message.

OttawaGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 05:41 PM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

vCash: 1322
Quote:
Originally Posted by OttawaGM View Post
Got a full refund for my season tickets, so now I don't need to worry about it.

The main issue with this lockout is it is very polarized
. You either hate the players or the owners at this point. Personally I don't think I'll be able to bring myself to give the players 50% of my $ for a really long time after this one. Others probably feel the exact same way about giving 50% to the owners.

Either way this lockout is going to hurt the league big time.
I don't feel that way.

I hate both sides equally

saskriders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 05:44 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
I am officially disgusted at the players: I will not watch the NHL for a full year once Alfredsson has retired.
I've been disgusted with the NHL for months, don't blame the players at all.

Holdurbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 06:10 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdurbreathe View Post
I've been disgusted with the NHL for months, don't blame the players at all.
We have been watching different lockouts.

Qward is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 06:19 PM
DohBruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jeremy View Post
I'm all for this idea but it would never work since most of the fans that pay to go to games aren't as hardcore as many who are as in tuned with the lockout. Your average fan just thinks it's part of the game. The rest are just at the games to have a good time.

If we had not had one lockout during Bettman's tenure the NHL would be thriving just as the MLB and NFL. See http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=dw-bettman012907.

DohBruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 06:25 PM
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala

vCash: 10639
As much as I want to stop supporting the NHL, watching this videos just makes me want to watch the Sens even more

mat_sens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 06:51 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by DohBruins View Post
I'm all for this idea but it would never work since most of the fans that pay to go to games aren't as hardcore as many who are as in tuned with the lockout. Your average fan just thinks it's part of the game. The rest are just at the games to have a good time.

If we had not had one lockout during Bettman's tenure the NHL would be thriving just as the MLB and NFL. See http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=dw-bettman012907.
If it wasn't for the lockout small market teams wouldn't survive and there would be 0 parity.

"Gino Reda ‏@GinoRedaTSN
Under Bettman league revenues have climbed from aprox 400 million to 3.3 Billion last year."

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 07:07 PM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

What Lockout? What's the NHL? WJC is where its at.