HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Toronto vs Ottawa

View Poll Results: Do you miss the Battle of Ontario
Do you want the battle of Ontario to be renewed (Sens vs Leafs in playoffs) 39 44.83%
Would you rather the Leafs continue to miss the playoffs? 48 55.17%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-11-2012, 02:58 PM
  #26
saskriders
Can't Hold Leads
 
saskriders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Auckland
Country: United Nations
Posts: 22,566
vCash: 750
It's just hilarious at this point

I would like to see the Sabres in the playoffs again though

saskriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 02:59 PM
  #27
NyQuil
Neon NyQuil
 
NyQuil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germz View Post
Fair enough. In that case you can scratch that reason off the list.
Well, probably more Leaf fans than Rangers fans.

But Sens fans are the overwhelming majority. I think a lot of people have forgotten that.

I remember when Fisher scored in 2OT back in Game 6, that was up there with Turris and Spezza's goal against the Devils in 2003 as the loudest I've heard SBP.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 03:08 PM
  #28
SenzZen
Cool Keith
 
SenzZen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,715
vCash: 500
The road to the Cup goes through Hogtown.

Back in 2007 I knew that if we had won the Cup, Leaf fans would just say "Yeah, buuuut..." and bury their heads in the sand.

I'd rather get the monkey off our backs.

SenzZen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 03:09 PM
  #29
Indrew
Registered User
 
Indrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,303
vCash: 500
I'd rather win the Cup personally.

Indrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 03:12 PM
  #30
NyQuil
Neon NyQuil
 
NyQuil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenzZen View Post
The road to the Cup goes through Hogtown.

Back in 2007 I knew that if we had won the Cup, Leaf fans would just say "Yeah, buuuut..." and bury their heads in the sand.

I'd rather get the monkey off our backs.
I have a feeling that if we were ever to beat Toronto, we'd lose the next series anyway because no one would care.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 03:15 PM
  #31
SenzZen
Cool Keith
 
SenzZen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,715
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
I have a feeling that if we were ever to beat Toronto, we'd lose the next series anyway because no one would care.
Kind of like every time they beat us?

SenzZen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 03:16 PM
  #32
NyQuil
Neon NyQuil
 
NyQuil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenzZen View Post
Kind of like every time they beat us?
You're a smart cookie.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 03:32 PM
  #33
The King of Town
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Free Country
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenzZen View Post
The road to the Cup goes through Hogtown.

Back in 2007 I knew that if we had won the Cup, Leaf fans would just say "Yeah, buuuut..." and bury their heads in the sand.
If the Sens ever win the Cup, it won't matter what road is taken and which city it goes through. The Sens will have won the damned Cup!

Do you think anybody puts an asterisk next to Carolina's win, because they beat up on an exhausted Edmonton Oilers squad starting their third string goalie?

Of course they don't. Carolina won the f'ing Cup!

The King of Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 03:35 PM
  #34
TooLow494
Registered User
 
TooLow494's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 532
vCash: 500
I hate Burke,

Once he is gone they can play us in the playoffs. Then they have my permission to lose to us.

TooLow494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 03:55 PM
  #35
SenzZen
Cool Keith
 
SenzZen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,715
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The King of Town View Post
If the Sens ever win the Cup, it won't matter what road is taken and which city it goes through. The Sens will have won the damned Cup!

Do you think anybody puts an asterisk next to Carolina's win, because they beat up on an exhausted Edmonton Oilers squad starting their third string goalie?

Of course they don't. Carolina won the f'ing Cup!
But since we're playing hypothecticals, I would rather beat the Leafs en route to winning the Cup.

Feel better now?

SenzZen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 04:10 PM
  #36
Disclose
Registered User
 
Disclose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,933
vCash: 1513
i dont miss it, because thanks to HF, whoever we face in the playoffs, their respective fanbase always manages to show up and **** me off...
its somehow fun. cuz obviously many sens fans here do it aswell.

as much i would love to beat the leafs in the post-season. winning the cup with them missing the playoffs, would be a beautiful way to insult them aswel.

Disclose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 04:41 PM
  #37
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman
 
MainDotC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Westerville, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 18,858
vCash: 50
Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
I would prefer to see the Sens play the Leafs in the playoffs because I think it's a necessary obstacle to overcome in order to win the cup. Winning the cup would be great, but I really would like to avoid the soon-following "yeah but only because you didn't face Toronto."

MainDotC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 04:53 PM
  #38
Benjamin
Shadilay
 
Benjamin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: /
Posts: 29,838
vCash: 50
Not the Sens fault if the leafs suck too much to make the playoffs.

Benjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 05:09 PM
  #39
Milan the God*
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,933
vCash: 500
I'd rather not meet in the playoffs yet. Both teams are building up their teams still. When the Sens and Leafs both peak, I'd love another playoff series.

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 05:29 PM
  #40
ChocolateLeclaire
Registered User
 
ChocolateLeclaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
Well, probably more Leaf fans than Rangers fans.

But Sens fans are the overwhelming majority. I think a lot of people have forgotten that.

I remember when Fisher scored in 2OT back in Game 6, that was up there with Turris and Spezza's goal against the Devils in 2003 as the loudest I've heard SBP.


Jump to about 2:20

ChocolateLeclaire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 05:32 PM
  #41
Goat Boy
In support of BMurr.
 
Goat Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,625
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
Ideal scenarios:
Ottawa v Toronto, game 82 of the regular season. A win for Toronto puts them into the playoffs. A loss for Toronto (OT or reg) eliminates them. Ottawa scores in the final seconds to win the game.
I prefer this option, personally. I do propose the following modifications, however:

- Cowen goes head to head with Kadri, with Cowen stripping him of the puck every single time he crosses the blueline.
- At least one goal is scored by Karlsson after he dipsy-doodles through the whole Leafs team.
- The final (winning) goal is scored by Phil Kessel into his own net off a rebound from an Alfie shot that comes after he streaks into the zone with Tyler Bozak on his back.
- Burke is caught on live TV crying his heart out as the buzzer goes.
- Leaf fans riot Van-city style and burn the ACC to the ground.
- The team moves to Hamilton and proceeds to miss the playoffs for the rest of eternity.

I feel this would be acceptable.

Goat Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 05:44 PM
  #42
enviro61
Registered User
 
enviro61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,202
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateLeclaire View Post


Jump to about 2:20
wow, that made me realize how much I miss hockey and that rivalry. No team brings out my emotions like when we go against the Leafs.

enviro61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 06:05 PM
  #43
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie
 
CanadianHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Petawawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,915
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
I prefer this option, personally. I do propose the following modifications, however:

- Cowen goes head to head with Kadri, with Cowen stripping him of the puck every single time he crosses the blueline.
- At least one goal is scored by Karlsson after he dipsy-doodles through the whole Leafs team.
- The final (winning) goal is scored by Phil Kessel into his own net off a rebound from an Alfie shot that comes after he streaks into the zone with Tyler Bozak on his back.
- Burke is caught on live TV crying his heart out as the buzzer goes.
- Leaf fans riot Van-city style and burn the ACC to the ground.
- The team moves to Hamilton and proceeds to miss the playoffs for the rest of eternity.

I feel this would be acceptable.
I think you're being a little unrealistic.

I mean, Kadri in the NHL? Come on.

__________________
CanadianHockey_________ _ _ _ _ _______Sens, Oilers, and Team Canada
CanadianHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 06:18 PM
  #44
Benjamin
Shadilay
 
Benjamin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: /
Posts: 29,838
vCash: 50
At what point do we feel bad for leaf fans?

Benjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 06:59 PM
  #45
Qward
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 14,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
At what point do we feel bad for leaf fans?

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 07:20 PM
  #46
OneManArmy65*
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
I think you're being a little unrealistic.

I mean, Kadri in the NHL? Come on.
Golden

OneManArmy65* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 07:21 PM
  #47
Milan the God*
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateLeclaire View Post


Jump to about 2:20
Anyone wanna try and argue Bob Cole isn't a huge Leafs homer after that video?

BELFOUR OH MY GOD!!!!!

fisher scores sens win

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 07:35 PM
  #48
2Cowen
Registered User
 
2Cowen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 8,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaindotC View Post
I would prefer to see the Sens play the Leafs in the playoffs because I think it's a necessary obstacle to overcome in order to win the cup. Winning the cup would be great, but I really would like to avoid the soon-following "yeah but only because you didn't face Toronto."
I doubt anyone would be saying that in the foreseeable future.

2Cowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 09:28 PM
  #49
QuietOnTheFront
@QuietOnTheFront
 
QuietOnTheFront's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,807
vCash: 500
This is such a close call.. Ultimately the running joke that is the Leafs organization and their lack of playoff action takes it.

But it would be sweet to beat them in the playoffs, that is the only thing that my Leaf friends cling to now a days..

QuietOnTheFront is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 09:35 PM
  #50
Mark Effin Stone
Jävla grisapa!
 
Mark Effin Stone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,005
vCash: 50
I wish them nothing but more misery .. as long as Burke is there anyways.

Mark Effin Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.