HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Prospect Thread - Part XII

Closed Thread

Old
12-11-2012, 03:00 PM
crazycanuck

vCash: 500
I'll be going to the game tonight, I'll give you guys a summary after.

Old
12-11-2012, 03:22 PM
StrictlyCommercial

So the 'cheating' scandal is a bunch of students collaborating on a take home exam? That is not scandalous at all.

Old
12-11-2012, 03:27 PM
deckercky

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyCommercial View Post
So the 'cheating' scandal is a bunch of students collaborating on a take home exam? That is not scandalous at all.
Not particularly, but getting caught does fit under academic dishonesty and has consequences. And when half of a class is caught at it, there's guaranteed to be consequences since they need to scare people.

I can't wait for every CBC interview he ever has to bring up the subject. "Great game out there Patrick! So tell me about your academic dishonesty at Harvard..."

A few years later...

"Congratulations on winning the Conn Smythe Patrick! You sure have come a long way since getting caught cheating on take home exams."

Last edited by deckercky: 12-11-2012 at 03:32 PM.
Old
12-11-2012, 03:31 PM
Sean Monahan
#Moneyman

vCash: 50
Hey PRNuck, bias aside, how did Wotherspoon look

Old
12-11-2012, 03:36 PM
Tiranis

BTW anyone can watch the game here: http://www.fasthockey.com/

Old
12-11-2012, 03:48 PM

My Harvard Crimson contact has replied to a follow-up email I sent him. He explains why the Crimson isn't publishing many names involved in the Intro to Congress scandal, and he uses Louis Leblanc's decision to leave early and turn pro as a possible route for McNally under the circumstances:

"I would say that while it's likely that he was involved, we decided pretty early in the semester that there were only a few people prominent enough on campus that we would publish their names in connection with the scandal. Other than that, like you said he's just a sophomore in college going through a presumably difficult time, and there's no need for the student newspaper to throw more wood on the fire.

He definitely has a lot of options and Louis Leblanc showed a few years back that there are people who come to Harvard, make the decision to go pro early and don't end up regretting it. I don't know if he's as talented as Leblanc was/is, but I'd say he definitely has a shot -- which would be a big loss for Harvard, which as you said is having some trouble defensively."

Old
12-11-2012, 03:59 PM
PRNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarome Iginla View Post
Hey PRNuck, bias aside, how did Wotherspoon look
Sorry he didn't catch my eye. Probably a good thing though, with such a high skill level and short practice session, the only things that really stood out were errors.

Old
12-11-2012, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyCommercial View Post
Harvard has a different point of view on that. When I was a beginning freshman, at the orientation meeting the Dean told us: "If you commit murder, we'll hire a lawyer to defend you. But if you commit plagiarism, you'll not only be expelled, but your name will be expunged from the records."

That was way over the top, with hyperbole to make the point about the sanctity of academic honesty. And it was a long time ago, before the internet and google made academic honesty much more difficult to enforce (nor do I ever recall being given a take-home exam). But I doubt that the standards have changed all that much, given the school's intense concern for both fairness and genuine excellence.

Old
12-11-2012, 04:09 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 701 View Post
Harvard has a different point of view on that. When I was a beginning freshman, at the orientation meeting the Dean told us: "If you commit murder, we'll hire a lawyer to defend you. But if you commit plagiarism, you'll not only be expelled, but your name will be expunged from the records."

That was way over the top, with hyperbole to make the point about the sanctity of academic honesty. And it was a long time ago, before the internet and google made academic honesty much more difficult to enforce (nor do I ever recall being given a take-home exam). But I doubt that the standards have changed all that much, given the school's intense concern for both fairness and genuine excellence.
Academic dishonesty is pretty much the worst thing you can do at university. It's pretty much drilled into your head from day one.

Old
12-11-2012, 04:17 PM
StrictlyCommercial

Who doesn't work with a friend on a take home assignment or exam though? Sure 100 people working together is over the top, but its not unexpected. Any teacher that expects students to work alone on a take home exam is an idiot.

Old
12-11-2012, 04:40 PM
roach9

Got to love our media.

Last to hear of McNally, and with the NHL lockout on... you'd think maybe someone would have time to do a Corrado interview, OR SOMETHING?

Nope.

Better keep looking up celebrity's birthdays!

Old
12-11-2012, 04:41 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach9 View Post
Got to love our media.

Last to hear of McNally, and with the NHL lockout on... you'd think maybe someone would have time to do a Corrado interview, OR SOMETHING?

Nope.

Better keep looking up celebrity's birthdays!
Hockey media should just be deferred to HFBoards. Most of us probably could use the extra income.

Old
12-11-2012, 05:07 PM
Taco Fingerhat

vCash: 4420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
BTW anyone can watch the game here: http://www.fasthockey.com/
Awesome find! Thanks!!!

Old
12-11-2012, 05:08 PM
Tiranis

Forgot to mention, that site is free for this particular game. You just have to sign up. Other games on that site are usually paid (AJHL, college, etc.).

Old
12-11-2012, 05:10 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
Hockey media should just be deferred to HFBoards. Most of us probably could use the extra income.
haha I JUST made a post talking about this stuff in the McNally thread.

Old
12-11-2012, 05:12 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
haha I JUST made a post talking about this stuff in the McNally thread.
Great minds think alike.

Old
12-11-2012, 05:15 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
Great minds think alike.
Unless its the NHL Elimination Game

Gotta highlight what roach9 said as well! With this being a lockout season so far you would think they would be covering our prospects more, especially when 1 is in Calgary trying to make the WJ team.

Its also nice to See Sportsnet One giving us another Wolves/Abb game. I wish Sportsnet could get rights to more Wolf games, sick of seeing the Marlies or a team like Rochester on Sportsnet more then the Wolves.

Old
12-11-2012, 05:16 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
Unless its the NHL Elimination Game

Gotta highlight what roach9 said as well! With this being a lockout season so far you would think they would be covering our prospects more, especially when 1 is in Calgary trying to make the WJ team.

Its also nice to See Sportsnet One giving us another Wolves/Abb game. I wish Sportsnet could get rights to more Wolf games, sick of seeing the Marlies or a team like Rochester on Sportsnet more then the Wolves.
They should just broadcast all the Wolves games on the SNET Canucks network. It's not like it's being used.

Old
12-11-2012, 06:26 PM
ihaveyuidonttouchme

vCash: 50
Just saw David Honzik play in 2nd period. he stopped 18/18! in second period alone despite giving up 2 goals in the first..(i didnt get to see how it went). Cape Breton looks pretty terrible team too..Saint John wwas all over them, causing turnovers etc..

Old
12-11-2012, 06:30 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveyuidonttouchme View Post
Just saw David Honzik play in 2nd period. he stopped 18/18! in second period alone despite giving up 2 goals in the first..(i didnt get to see how it went). Cape Breton looks pretty terrible team too..Saint John wwas all over them, causing turnovers etc..
They're both pretty bad this year, but that's saying something if there's such a difference between Saint John (5th to last) and Cape Breton (3rd to last): http://theqmjhl.ca/standings/show/ls.../171/subtype/1

Old
12-11-2012, 07:01 PM
Dreamskull

according to @coreypronman the lineup for tonights game has changed and corrado now on the 2nd pairing with Rielly.

he must have impressed

Old
12-11-2012, 07:02 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamskull View Post
according to @coreypronman the lineup for tonights game has changed and corrado now on the 2nd pairing with Rielly.

he must have impressed
He was on the 2nd pairing before (with Wotherspoon). The 3rd pairing was Reinhart and Dumba. But I don't think they'll favour any of these pairings, I think they will all get equal playing time. Probably just made more sense to them than putting two offensive guys that are both locks to make the team on the same pairing.

Old
12-11-2012, 07:03 PM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamskull View Post

he must have impressed
Where is the game and is it on TV?

Old
12-11-2012, 07:04 PM
Dreamskull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
He was on the 2nd pairing before (with Wotherspoon). The 3rd pairing was Reinhart and Dumba.
ah my mistake, i thought he was on the 3rd pairing previously.

Old
12-11-2012, 07:04 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Can someone give me the link to the game tonight? I must be losing brain cells from studying, as I can't remember where I've seen the link...

Closed Thread