HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bernier to Chicago

Old
12-11-2012, 06:32 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 50
New Jersey graciously accepts your generous offer for Steve Bernier.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 06:34 PM
KingCanadain1976

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Assuming the Blackhawks wanted him, it'd likely be because they think he's more than what he's shown so far in his role as a backup goaltender. They would believe that he's a legitimate NHL starter when given the opportunity to get the lion's share of the work. That is, they'd probably believe that, given the same opportunity, Bernier would perform better than Crawford. (And before someone focuses only on that sentence, remember that the presumption is that the Hawks would want Bernier--maybe they don't--and if they did want him, that's probably why.)

I know Chicago would want to buy lower than the OP, but LA may not be selling at the price Hawks fans want. I think Bernier's value is similar to Lindback's, which was the 37th and 50th picks (in what many perceived to be a weaker draft) and a 2013 3rd--that was the substance of the deal, anyways. Is a pick between 21-30 (in what may be considered a strong draft) + Kevin Hayes of similar quality to the Lindback haul? I don't know, because I don't know enough about K. Hayes. But I don't think it's that far off, assuming the Hawks were looking to acquire Bernier.
I totally agree to the frist part of this and think that any team that is interested in aquiring him would have to think this way. Other wise they wouldn't pay what the kings want for him. So to all thoses saying hes not worth it this assumption would calm that concern. To the people saying hes not proven anything that may or not be true but then go over pay for the proven loungo and be prepared to eat the end cap space in 3 4 years when he proves not to be worth the money. I am sticking to the fact i don't see the black hawks as a trading partner due to the fact there in the same conference and they won't want to face him for the next decade or two.

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 06:37 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
I totally agree to the frist part of this and think that any team that is interested in aquiring him would have to think this way. Other wise they wouldn't pay what the kings want for him. So to all thoses saying hes not worth it this assumption would calm that concern. To the people saying hes not proven anything that may or not be true but then go over pay for the proven loungo and be prepared to eat the end cap space in 3 4 years when he proves not to be worth the money. I am sticking to the fact i don't see the black hawks as a trading partner due to the fact there in the same conference and they won't want to face him for the next decade or two.
Or they could talk to Panthers about Theodore given Markstrom/Clemensen being around

Or talk to Sabres about getting a guy in Enroth who has shown about as much as Bernier for a little cheaper

Or talk to Sharks for Greiss or see if they are interested in moving Niemi and his contract

Bernier isn't the only option out there

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 06:38 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

I think something like Stalberg for Bernier is more then fair value wise

Kings could use depth at LW in there top 9

Old
12-11-2012, 06:44 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Or they could talk to Panthers about Theodore given Markstrom/Clemensen being around

Or talk to Sabres about getting a guy in Enroth who has shown about as much as Bernier for a little cheaper

Or talk to Sharks for Greiss or see if they are interested in moving Niemi and his contract

Bernier isn't the only option out there
Fair enuff if you think there better options go right ahead but you can't blame the kings for asking a fair value for what would be/ could be a upgrade to the your weekest area of your team Making your team better then the frist and prospect. I still say there is no chance of this happening. Why would the kings give the hawks team in there same conference a chance to upgrade there biggest weekness for cheap.

Old
12-11-2012, 06:50 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
I think something like Stalberg for Bernier is more then fair value wise

Kings could use depth at LW in there top 9
brown penner king clifford gagne richardson as of right now are the leftwings on the kings. We have no need for any nhl caliber leftwingers. However penner and gagne are free agents at the end of the season so a lw prospect that may make the team next year is needed.

Old
12-11-2012, 07:11 PM
TurdFerguson

Quote:
brown penner king clifford gagne richardson as of right now are the leftwings on the kings. We have no need for any nhl caliber leftwingers. However penner and gagne are free agents at the end of the season so a lw prospect that may make the team next year is needed.
Stalberg is better than everyone on that list except for Brown. The other 5 combined for 68 points last year (266 combined games).

TurdFerguson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 07:17 PM
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied

Quote:
Agree 2x. Our new need is a young stud NHL d-man, a guy ready for the top 4 rather than a bunch of guys trying to dislodge a vet in the bottom pairing.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 07:18 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurdFerguson View Post
Stalberg is better than everyone on that list except for Brown. The other 5 combined for 68 points last year (266 combined games).
On a ultadefensive team that in total scored 188 There was a team wide offensive drought but they were also the second best defensive team and won a cup. So imo that more then made up the difference.

Old
12-11-2012, 07:21 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
Agree 2x. Our new need is a young stud NHL d-man, a guy ready for the top 4 rather than a bunch of guys trying to dislodge a vet in the bottom pairing.
we have him imo derek forbert still a couple years away yet thou. A young scoring lwer is still our main need imo as penner and gagne are free agents at the end of the year and i dont think pearson will be ready in time.

Old
12-11-2012, 07:27 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
we have him imo derek forbert still a couple years away yet thou. A young scoring lwer is still our main need imo as penner and gagne are free agents at the end of the year and i dont think pearson will be ready in time.
Jeremy Morin?

Old
12-11-2012, 07:33 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Jeremy Morin?
Add a frist to him and i would be ok with it value wise. I already know your ll say its to much but according to tsns Bob McKenzie the kings were offered by tampa a 1st and connelly at last years deadline. The kings declined it because quick wasn't signed long term and they had no one ready to backup quick that they were comfortable with. Now with that said i dont see why they would settle for anything less especially within there same conference.

Old
12-11-2012, 07:35 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Add a frist to him and i would be ok with it value wise. I already know your ll say its to much but according to tsns Bob McKenzie the kings were offered by tampa a 1st and connelly at last years deadline. The kings declined it because quick wasn't signed long term and they had no one ready to backup quick that they were comfortable with. Now with that said i dont see why they would settle for anything less especially within there same conference.
Morin + 2014 2nd = Sure
Morin + 1st = Nah

Old
12-11-2012, 07:45 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Morin + 2014 2nd = Sure
Morin + 1st = Nah
np the kings can keep him hes signed for this year and rfa after. If and when he "proves himself" more i can see the price going up. Hes great insurance for a recovering quick. There is another reason for his higher value his contract hes a cheap option and hes rfa for proberly 3 years. contract status = higher value then other goalies.