HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

S. Despres for J. Schwartz

Old
12-11-2012, 07:31 PM
Vladys Gumption

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
As much as I criticize the season Orpik had last year, I think anyone who ascribes value to Stewart can understand that one season is one season, and a change of scenery can often rejuvenate a player.
He's not saying he has no value. He's just not really the type of guy the Blues would be looking to give up a young winger for. We'd probably be looking for someone younger than Orpik.

Vladys Gumption is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 08:31 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
He's not saying he has no value. He's just not really the type of guy the Blues would be looking to give up a young winger for. We'd probably be looking for someone younger than Orpik.
That's fair. But if you're looking for a young, established defenseman you can put on the top pairing with Pietro, I can't see Stewart or any of the Blues' forward prospects mentioned in this thread landing him.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 08:57 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
That's fair. But if you're looking for a young, established defenseman you can put on the top pairing with Pietro, I can't see Stewart or any of the Blues' forward prospects mentioned in this thread landing him.
Yeah I didn't mean he has no value, he just isn't the right guy.

I also don't think we need anyone spectacular next to Pietrangelo. The ideal player I would want would be Giordano. Between the roster players we have, and our prospects we can realistically put a package together for just about anyone. I think we will go with Cole since the report is that he is having a very good year. Our need really isn't that big, and HF blows it way out of proportion. We actually have a bigger need at center IMO.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 09:14 PM
Vladys Gumption

Quote:
I understand completely. That said, I honestly believe the Blues are going to go into the season without making a move and letting Ian Cole have a shot. I'm higher on him than a lot of other people. I think he's going to be a Barrett Jackman type shutdown player, but one who is much more mobile. I don't think he can do any worse than Colaiacovo, and we did ok with him playing with Petro.

Vladys Gumption is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 09:19 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow

Makes sense. I think if the Pens and Blues ever do make a deal from their strengths, it'll probably be a year or two down the line when each's prospects are a bit more established so each side is a little more secure in what they'd be getting.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 04:16 AM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Yeah I didn't mean he has no value, he just isn't the right guy.

I also don't think we need anyone spectacular next to Pietrangelo. The ideal player I would want would be Giordano. Between the roster players we have, and our prospects we can realistically put a package together for just about anyone. I think we will go with Cole since the report is that he is having a very good year. Our need really isn't that big, and HF blows it way out of proportion. We actually have a bigger need at center IMO.
I completely agree with you, we don't necessary need a Yandle or a Marc Staal, we need a Seidenberg for our Chara, a Mitchell for our Doughty or simple an upgrade over Cola and that's why I thought Orpik would be an ok fit. Gio would be absolutely great but its not happening, at least not on HF as we have seen

But I think if we start the season with a rookie it should be Cole. The only exception would be Gormley

frostyflo is offline   Reply With Quote