HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Toronto vs Ottawa

View Poll Results: Do you miss the Battle of Ontario
Do you want the battle of Ontario to be renewed (Sens vs Leafs in playoffs) 39 44.83%
Would you rather the Leafs continue to miss the playoffs? 48 55.17%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-11-2012, 01:58 PM
  #26
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan
 
saskriders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Calgary/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,489
vCash: 1322
It's just hilarious at this point

I would like to see the Sabres in the playoffs again though

saskriders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 01:59 PM
  #27
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy
 
NyQuil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germz View Post
Fair enough. In that case you can scratch that reason off the list.
Well, probably more Leaf fans than Rangers fans.

But Sens fans are the overwhelming majority. I think a lot of people have forgotten that.

I remember when Fisher scored in 2OT back in Game 6, that was up there with Turris and Spezza's goal against the Devils in 2003 as the loudest I've heard SBP.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 02:08 PM
  #28
SenzZen
Do it for Alfie!
 
SenzZen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,317
vCash: 500
The road to the Cup goes through Hogtown.

Back in 2007 I knew that if we had won the Cup, Leaf fans would just say "Yeah, buuuut..." and bury their heads in the sand.

I'd rather get the monkey off our backs.

SenzZen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 02:09 PM
  #29
Indy on the Road
Still near and dear
 
Indy on the Road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,689
vCash: 500
I'd rather win the Cup personally.

Indy on the Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 02:12 PM
  #30
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy
 
NyQuil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenzZen View Post
The road to the Cup goes through Hogtown.

Back in 2007 I knew that if we had won the Cup, Leaf fans would just say "Yeah, buuuut..." and bury their heads in the sand.

I'd rather get the monkey off our backs.
I have a feeling that if we were ever to beat Toronto, we'd lose the next series anyway because no one would care.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 02:15 PM
  #31
SenzZen
Do it for Alfie!
 
SenzZen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,317
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
I have a feeling that if we were ever to beat Toronto, we'd lose the next series anyway because no one would care.
Kind of like every time they beat us?

SenzZen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 02:16 PM
  #32
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy
 
NyQuil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenzZen View Post
Kind of like every time they beat us?
You're a smart cookie.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 02:32 PM
  #33
The King of Town
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Free Country
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenzZen View Post
The road to the Cup goes through Hogtown.

Back in 2007 I knew that if we had won the Cup, Leaf fans would just say "Yeah, buuuut..." and bury their heads in the sand.
If the Sens ever win the Cup, it won't matter what road is taken and which city it goes through. The Sens will have won the damned Cup!

Do you think anybody puts an asterisk next to Carolina's win, because they beat up on an exhausted Edmonton Oilers squad starting their third string goalie?

Of course they don't. Carolina won the f'ing Cup!

The King of Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 02:35 PM
  #34
TooLow494
Registered User
 
TooLow494's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 532
vCash: 500
I hate Burke,

Once he is gone they can play us in the playoffs. Then they have my permission to lose to us.

TooLow494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 02:55 PM
  #35
SenzZen
Do it for Alfie!
 
SenzZen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,317
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The King of Town View Post
If the Sens ever win the Cup, it won't matter what road is taken and which city it goes through. The Sens will have won the damned Cup!

Do you think anybody puts an asterisk next to Carolina's win, because they beat up on an exhausted Edmonton Oilers squad starting their third string goalie?

Of course they don't. Carolina won the f'ing Cup!
But since we're playing hypothecticals, I would rather beat the Leafs en route to winning the Cup.

Feel better now?

SenzZen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 03:10 PM
  #36
Disclose
Registered User
 
Disclose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,040
vCash: 1000
i dont miss it, because thanks to HF, whoever we face in the playoffs, their respective fanbase always manages to show up and piss me off...
its somehow fun. cuz obviously many sens fans here do it aswell.

as much i would love to beat the leafs in the post-season. winning the cup with them missing the playoffs, would be a beautiful way to insult them aswel.

Disclose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 03:41 PM
  #37
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman
 
MainDotC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Morrisville, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 14,782
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
I would prefer to see the Sens play the Leafs in the playoffs because I think it's a necessary obstacle to overcome in order to win the cup. Winning the cup would be great, but I really would like to avoid the soon-following "yeah but only because you didn't face Toronto."

MainDotC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 03:53 PM
  #38
Benny FTW
Tool Time Travel
 
Benny FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,641
vCash: 50
Not the Sens fault if the leafs suck too much to make the playoffs.

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 04:09 PM
  #39
Milan the God*
king karlsson
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,807
vCash: 860
I'd rather not meet in the playoffs yet. Both teams are building up their teams still. When the Sens and Leafs both peak, I'd love another playoff series.

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 04:29 PM
  #40
ChocolateLeclaire
Registered User
 
ChocolateLeclaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,676
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
Well, probably more Leaf fans than Rangers fans.

But Sens fans are the overwhelming majority. I think a lot of people have forgotten that.

I remember when Fisher scored in 2OT back in Game 6, that was up there with Turris and Spezza's goal against the Devils in 2003 as the loudest I've heard SBP.


Jump to about 2:20

ChocolateLeclaire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 04:32 PM
  #41
Goat Boy
Superboy is baaacck!
 
Goat Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
Ideal scenarios:
Ottawa v Toronto, game 82 of the regular season. A win for Toronto puts them into the playoffs. A loss for Toronto (OT or reg) eliminates them. Ottawa scores in the final seconds to win the game.
I prefer this option, personally. I do propose the following modifications, however:

- Cowen goes head to head with Kadri, with Cowen stripping him of the puck every single time he crosses the blueline.
- At least one goal is scored by Karlsson after he dipsy-doodles through the whole Leafs team.
- The final (winning) goal is scored by Phil Kessel into his own net off a rebound from an Alfie shot that comes after he streaks into the zone with Tyler Bozak on his back.
- Burke is caught on live TV crying his heart out as the buzzer goes.
- Leaf fans riot Van-city style and burn the ACC to the ground.
- The team moves to Hamilton and proceeds to miss the playoffs for the rest of eternity.

I feel this would be acceptable.

Goat Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 04:44 PM
  #42
enviro61
Registered User
 
enviro61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateLeclaire View Post


Jump to about 2:20
wow, that made me realize how much I miss hockey and that rivalry. No team brings out my emotions like when we go against the Leafs.

enviro61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 05:05 PM
  #43
CanadianHockey
On the Alfie Wagon
 
CanadianHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: uOttawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,390
vCash: 2391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
I prefer this option, personally. I do propose the following modifications, however:

- Cowen goes head to head with Kadri, with Cowen stripping him of the puck every single time he crosses the blueline.
- At least one goal is scored by Karlsson after he dipsy-doodles through the whole Leafs team.
- The final (winning) goal is scored by Phil Kessel into his own net off a rebound from an Alfie shot that comes after he streaks into the zone with Tyler Bozak on his back.
- Burke is caught on live TV crying his heart out as the buzzer goes.
- Leaf fans riot Van-city style and burn the ACC to the ground.
- The team moves to Hamilton and proceeds to miss the playoffs for the rest of eternity.

I feel this would be acceptable.
I think you're being a little unrealistic.

I mean, Kadri in the NHL? Come on.

__________________
CanadianHockey________ __ __________Sens, Oilers, and Team Canada
CanadianHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 05:18 PM
  #44
Benny FTW
Tool Time Travel
 
Benny FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,641
vCash: 50
At what point do we feel bad for leaf fans?

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 05:59 PM
  #45
Qward
Moderator
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 12,304
vCash: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
At what point do we feel bad for leaf fans?

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 06:20 PM
  #46
OneManArmy65*
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
I think you're being a little unrealistic.

I mean, Kadri in the NHL? Come on.
Golden

OneManArmy65* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 06:21 PM
  #47
Milan the God*
king karlsson
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,807
vCash: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateLeclaire View Post


Jump to about 2:20
Anyone wanna try and argue Bob Cole isn't a huge Leafs homer after that video?

BELFOUR OH MY GOD!!!!!

fisher scores sens win

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 06:35 PM
  #48
11Alfredsson
Registered User
 
11Alfredsson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,201
vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaindotC View Post
I would prefer to see the Sens play the Leafs in the playoffs because I think it's a necessary obstacle to overcome in order to win the cup. Winning the cup would be great, but I really would like to avoid the soon-following "yeah but only because you didn't face Toronto."
I doubt anyone would be saying that in the foreseeable future.

11Alfredsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 08:28 PM
  #49
QuietOnTheFront
@QuietOnTheFront
 
QuietOnTheFront's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,430
vCash: 500
This is such a close call.. Ultimately the running joke that is the Leafs organization and their lack of playoff action takes it.

But it would be sweet to beat them in the playoffs, that is the only thing that my Leaf friends cling to now a days..

QuietOnTheFront is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 08:35 PM
  #50
The Turret
Jävla grisapa!
 
The Turret's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,952
vCash: 500
I wish them nothing but more misery .. as long as Burke is there anyways.

The Turret is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.