HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Oilers - Kings

Old
12-11-2012, 12:45 PM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Clifford reminds me of Pitlick, but Pitlick has more of a offensive upside and speed. Would love to have Clifford, but the Oilers have a few Cliffords in the system, not willing to give up Paajarvi for him.
Pitlick actually reminds me of a potential bust.

Frolov 6'3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 01:00 PM
rajuabju

From a Kings POV, I do this.

While its true that Clifford made Simmonds expendable (somewhat anyhow), the emergency of both King and Nolan makes Clifford just as expendable. In fact, I think King is a better replacement for Simmonds than Clifford could ever be.

Paajarvi could fit very well on our 3rd line to give it some offensive spark.

I dont know how well Clifford would fit into the Oilers system or what their needs are, but value wise I do think this is a decent proposal. Clifford has established himself more, while Paajarvi still has potential future upside.

rajuabju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 01:24 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
The bust would be Hickey.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 01:25 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
My point was that if a guy is rating Paajarvi based on his year last season, and you want to correct him based on his AHL season, fine. But don't expect that every NHL fan is going to watch all of his favorite team's Farm games during the lockout.

There's no way every Ottawa Senators fan is watching Binghamton consistently this year. Nor is every Leafs fan following the Marlies on a game-to-game basis. To pile on a guy for not being into the Barons is overkill.

If you're seriously following the AHL and want to chime in, cool. But you need to understand that there are fans out there who aren't watching it. No reason to bring attitude like that.

For instance: "Actually, Paajarvi has been quite physical so far this season in OKC, he's really grown that part of his game since last year"
... How difficult was that?
Well I didn't make the post, so I understand where you're coming from.

However, the original guy could have asked for more information on MPS instead of making an absolute statement without having watched him play. You won't see me commenting on players on other teams' farm teams.

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 02:10 PM
ManByng
Moroz fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
^at this stage of the game i can't argue about your comment about Pitlick. i feel that the Oil would probably want Voyonov but wouldn't get him. i also think they could possibly ask for Nolan and the LA Kings 1st rounder in 2014....some such deal like that?

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 02:23 PM
lakai17

vCash: 0
a 4th liner for a 2nd liner!?? yeah right!

not many players Paajarvi's size can skate like he does, he has wheels! wait til Maggie fills out!!

Moroz, Moroz, Moroz!!

lakai17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 07:01 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
You've clearly haven't watched any Baron games this year.
I've seen 2 OKC games this year and agree that Paajarvi has made good strides in the physicality department, but as Dnicks said, lets not act like it is Cam Neely v2.0. His play along the boards is much stronger this year, but he's not exactly striking fear into a lineup. If he ever drops the gloves he'll get his face filled in. Clifford can bang and crash, and if it gets heated he won't back down from anything. I just feel both are destined to be career bottom 6ers, and both might bring something that is absent in their current bottom 6 (though one Kings fan mentioned Lewis has serious wheels, I don't know much about him).

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 07:04 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
a 4th liner for a 2nd liner!?? yeah right!

not many players Paajarvi's size can skate like he does, he has wheels! wait til Maggie fills out!!

Moroz, Moroz, Moroz!!
A 4th liner on a championship team. And when has Paajarvi ever been a 2nd liner short of default (aka end of 2010-11 season after half our lineup was out with injury). And if your basing it off potential, you have to do the same for Clifford.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 07:16 PM
lakai17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
A 4th liner on a championship team. And when has Paajarvi ever been a 2nd liner short of default (aka end of 2010-11 season after half our lineup was out with injury). And if your basing it off potential, you have to do the same for Clifford.
wasn't Moroz part of a championship winning team? The Oil Kings

so you want to base on potential you're saying? where were both Clifford and Paajarvi drafted? respectively.

Old
12-11-2012, 07:56 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajuabju View Post
From a Kings POV, I do this.

While its true that Clifford made Simmonds expendable (somewhat anyhow), the emergency of both King and Nolan makes Clifford just as expendable. In fact, I think King is a better replacement for Simmonds than Clifford could ever be.

Paajarvi could fit very well on our 3rd line to give it some offensive spark.

I dont know how well Clifford would fit into the Oilers system or what their needs are, but value wise I do think this is a decent proposal. Clifford has established himself more, while Paajarvi still has potential future upside.
I don't see the nolon replacing clifford Kyle is twice the player nolon is but to each there own. Clifford has offensive potential of 15 -20 where nolon would be lucky to hit 10 I realise there is other aspects to each of there games but the offense added by clifford tilts the balance to keeping him over nolon imo

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 08:12 PM
lakai17

Nolan > Clifford

King > Clifford

Simmonds > Clifford

he is tough and a good young enforcer that Edmonton could us.

Old
12-11-2012, 08:21 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Nolan > Clifford

King > Clifford

Simmonds > Clifford

he is tough and a good young enforcer that Edmonton could us.
Yeah but Nolan+King+Clifford >>> All

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 08:31 PM
Ronk

Clifford is young and fits the mold of a solid energy guy. Unfortunetly unless they develop lotion for stone hands I don't see him breaking the 4th line for this team again barring several injuries. I'd do it.

Ronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 08:37 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I'd pass. I'd rather have Clifford in the lineup than MPS.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 08:40 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronk View Post
Clifford is young and fits the mold of a solid energy guy. Unfortunetly unless they develop lotion for stone hands I don't see him breaking the 4th line for this team again barring several injuries. I'd do it.
I really hope this posts as it shows that kyle clifford doesnt have hands of stone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=R0HbcmrfcnA

if it doesnt work search kyle clifford breakaway goal It was against the lightening I think it shows hes got some offensive upside and not hands of stone as been mentioned

Old
12-11-2012, 09:34 PM
Devilspuppet666

Quote:
give Moroz a few years.
dont think he'll be as effective as clifford... but i think the oilers should hang on too him or trade him in a package for a young top 6 dman with top 4 upside.... or just see what he becomes lol

Devilspuppet666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 09:34 PM
Ronk

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
I really hope this posts as it shows that kyle clifford doesnt have hands of stone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=R0HbcmrfcnA

if it doesnt work search kyle clifford breakaway goal It was against the lightening I think it shows hes got some offensive upside and not hands of stone as been mentioned
For going forehand to backhand on a breakaway? Yea in my beer league thats nifty but he collected a perfect pass and scored on a one on one. Im not saying hes complete garbage, but in relation to magnus he does not have anywhere near the puck possession skills. Cliff will probably be a 4th liner on this team, or a 3rd in an emergency... why not take a chance on something with more upside?

Ronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 09:45 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronk View Post
For going forehand to backhand on a breakaway? Yea in my beer league thats nifty but he collected a perfect pass and scored on a one on one. Im not saying hes complete garbage, but in relation to magnus he does not have anywhere near the puck possession skills. Cliff will probably be a 4th liner on this team, or a 3rd in an emergency... why not take a chance on something with more upside?
it showed he can shoot the puck and handle it. Clifford upside to me is a 3rd liner with 2nd line potential. Scoring right now isnt what gets clifford on the ice its his phyical game. Hes still developing his offensive game but for the limited ice time he sees and the limits of his linemate clifford offensive game is showing progress to me. He is one of the few kings willing to drop the gloves and stuck up for his teammates. He is a fav of king fans. Dean has spoken to his potential to develop into a better player . He like most of the younger kings just need the icetime to prove it. Hes playing less then 10 mins again *( 9 24 i belive to be exact) He also played with the likes of moreau and hunter and westgarth not exactly going to help your offensive numbers. Also doesnt get any time on the pp which could help his numbers alot in the future. If they increase his time to 13 ish mins agame the numbers would increase and he may work himself into playing with carter and richards who i think he would fit in very well with when he gets used to the added mins ( potentially next year)

Old
12-12-2012, 05:29 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Yes, ever NHL player should have the ability to make that play. Nice and good goal but we should not ignore all the footage of Kyle where he shows other things. A YT clip wont change that.

Frolov 6'3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 02:58 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

As a Kings fan, I would make the trade. Paajarvi would add a good deal of speed and skill to the line-up, and Clifford's regressed remarkably, especially after having two concussions at such a young age in his NHL career.

Now, if Clifford can recover and resume his development, I do think he has a good deal of potential still. I just worry that getting two concussions in two years will cut his NHL career short.

However, Lombardi is extremely loyal to a fault, and I know he loves Clifford, so I doubt Lombardi would make the trade.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 03:05 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
As a Kings fan, I would make the trade. Paajarvi would add a good deal of speed and skill to the line-up, and Clifford's regressed remarkably, especially after having two concussions at such a young age in his NHL career.

Now, if Clifford can recover and resume his development, I do think he has a good deal of potential still. I just worry that getting two concussions in two years will cut his NHL career short.

However, Lombardi is extremely loyal to a fault, and I know he loves Clifford, so I doubt Lombardi would make the trade.
That's nice to know, for a banger that would bring in a big question mark on his future and the way he plays.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 06:42 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

I like Clifford he's fast and strong and has decent hands. I really don't see a need for this trade. Mps doesn't seem like he can improve the role of Clifford at all. Our Top 2 is stacked so no.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 10:37 PM
Stupid Sexy Flanders

Another Kings fan saying yes.

Nolan makes Clifford expendable. MSP is a good fit.

Stupid Sexy Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 10:46 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Sexy Flanders View Post
Another Kings fan saying yes.

Nolan makes Clifford expendable. MSP is a good fit.
nolan is a right winger with not much offensive upside. CLifford is a lw with potential 20 goal upside. Imo id keep clifford before nolon

Old
12-14-2012, 07:18 PM
driller1
Dry Island Reject

I don't understand the logic that King and Nolan make Clifford expendable. The Kings have an identity- as a big team that will pummel the crap out of the opposition. Every single team that we played in the playoffs commented on the forecheck and the size of the Kings forwards presenting problems. Having King and Clifford as 3rd and 4th LW is pretty intimidating. MPS is a nice player and all, but unless we're changing our style of play, I see no reason to trade grit.

driller1 is offline   Reply With Quote