HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs [10-15-3] & Wheeling Nailers 2012-2013 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
12-11-2012, 08:51 PM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
No not really, chains are not. A contract only states a set of conditions under which parties get benefits or penalties. Every single contract in society can be broken. Every single one of them. Cell phone, marriage you name it... The consequences usually need to be stated as penalties on the contract itself, cell phone breakage fees for instance, or on the base of the contract (the CBA for the NHL).

You ever heard the expression: A treaty between countries is only as good as the willingness of the countries to follow it?
Well the whole point of contracts is that they are legally binding, but you are right in the sense that they are binding depending on what performance is required by both sides. "I don't feel like it" is typically not a reason to unilaterally break a contract without damages (which on certain type of contracts is usually agreed beforehand, but since contracts only require a meeting of the minds and not a complex written document, it's not always the case).

But in this case since I'm not an expert on NHL/AHL contracts I don't know if Berger is actually breaking his contract or if his actions, while a failure to perform, simply suspend his salary or whatever.

Old
12-11-2012, 09:02 PM
habsturies

ohhh what a Beauty by Quailer !!

Old
12-11-2012, 09:20 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Well the whole point of contracts is that they are legally binding, but you are right in the sense that they are binding depending on what performance is required by both sides. "I don't feel like it" is typically not a reason to unilaterally break a contract without damages (which on certain type of contracts is usually agreed beforehand, but since contracts only require a meeting of the minds and not a complex written document, it's not always the case).

But in this case since I'm not an expert on NHL/AHL contracts I don't know if Berger is actually breaking his contract or if his actions, while a failure to perform, simply suspend his salary or whatever.
The issue of this argument is the scope of "legally binding". Legally binding does not really prevent you from breaking the bind itself. It sets a context and a set of rules for parties to follow. That's the scope.

Berger had an NHL contract, so I think he can't sign with an another affiliated team of the NHL. That's part of the CBA, which he had to agree with on his contract. There's the funny IIHF rule on contracts not respected, but I doubt that had any effect on his decision eh.

Edit: Actually, he might be able to sign an AHL deal, not sure on that one. He wouldn't have to agree to the NHL CBA if it's an AHL contract.

Old
12-11-2012, 09:55 PM
goforit

Nice games by the Dogs tonight.

Still... I don't understand why Leblanc hasn't played on the PP.

Nattinen is pretty good. Hard on the puck, smooth hands and calm with the puck. I'd like to see him getting more quality ice time. He's one of the best on the team.

Palushaj is disappointing.

Gallagher has played a Gallagher's game! Still need a big improvment in the skating department, but very aggressive and always on the right spot.

Quailer has some power in his legs. He's played a good game. Liked his positionning.

Leblanc and Bournival had an Ok game. Pretty mobile players.

Blunden was everywhere. He should have had a couple of goal if he was more talented.

Holland had some flashes. Cerebral player.

Overall it was a good game for the Dman, even if they made some brainfart!

Old
12-11-2012, 10:04 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsturies View Post
ohhh what a Beauty by Quailer !!
That was a beauty and so was the game played by the Bulldogs.The Bulldogs are gaining confidence and are playing a solid,consistent defensive game,don't count them out of the playoffs just yet.Desjardins with his and the Bulldogs 2nd shutout this season.Things are definitely looking better from game to game and this 4 game road trip could be the team bonding type of event Lefebrve's coaching team needs to take advantage of in getting back to .500 hockey.Go Bulldogs Go!

Old
12-12-2012, 12:04 AM
Guilliam

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
No not really, chains are not. A contract only states a set of conditions under which parties get benefits or penalties. Every single contract in society can be broken. Every single one of them. Cell phone, marriage you name it... The consequences usually need to be stated as penalties on the contract itself, cell phone breakage fees for instance, or on the base of the contract (the CBA for the NHL).

You ever heard the expression: A treaty between countries is only as good as the willingness of the countries to follow it?
Lol don't bring international law into it man. People say that because the international system is an anarchy and there's no supreme authority that can force them to stick by their commitment.

Just because you can break a contract it doesn't mean it isn't a commitment man. So marriage isn't a commitment to you?

Old
12-12-2012, 03:45 AM
Alexdaman

Cedrick Desjardins making his way into an NHL contract!

Old
12-12-2012, 05:30 AM
AJMHABS
25days!! New life

Does anyone else think that Beaulieu was stellar tonight? Besides a couple mistakes defensively (although IMO miniscule) I thought he played good on both sides of the puck, especially on the PP,

Old
12-12-2012, 07:08 AM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
Lol don't bring international law into it man. People say that because the international system is an anarchy and there's no supreme authority that can force them to stick by their commitment.

Just because you can break a contract it doesn't mean it isn't a commitment man. So marriage isn't a commitment to you?
It's a commitment for as long as both parties want to remain married.

Old
12-12-2012, 07:19 AM
niftymove

Beaulieu plaid well....but stellar!

Old
12-12-2012, 07:23 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMHABS View Post
Does anyone else think that Beaulieu was stellar tonight? Besides a couple mistakes defensively (although IMO miniscule) I thought he played good on both sides of the puck, especially on the PP,
He played a pretty good game,when the puck was rolling on him he recovered it and gained control.His confidence is showing and he's playing the team game along with all his teammates,last game he was outstanding.

Old
12-12-2012, 09:01 AM
zzoo

Positives:
- Desjardins was great
- The whole team had good effort, battled hard
- Stortini didn't play
- No one really played a bad game

Negatives:
- No one really played a great game (maybe except Desjardins). No one stood out.
- Not creative, didn't have a good play or good set-up. They played a simple game. They tend to shoot too much, even when there's absolutely no chance to score. It's like they want to get rid of the puck.
- Offensive remains as a main problem
- Disappointed in Leblanc, not because he had a bad game, but simply because I expect more than that

Old
12-12-2012, 10:07 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Nathan Beaulieu ‏@n8THEggr8

Congrats to @PattyShwayz on being tsn worst play of the day ahahah
Expand

Old
12-12-2012, 10:23 AM
That

Ellis needs more love. He's been excellent, especially over the last 10 games or so.

I really liked Quailer last night, that goal was beauty. I really liked how he went right to the net with the puck. With his size and speed he has to do that more often. He's shown lots of flashes, hopefully he can build off those and start gaining confidence and consistency.

Old
12-12-2012, 10:57 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
Ellis needs more love. He's been excellent, especially over the last 10 games or so.

I really liked Quailer last night, that goal was beauty. I really liked how he went right to the net with the puck. With his size and speed he has to do that more often. He's shown lots of flashes, hopefully he can build off those and start gaining confidence and consistency.
True.

Not only that, but he is providing a bit of toughness too in taking people away from the goalie and having a bit of a mean streak.

Old
12-12-2012, 11:34 AM
Gally11

1m St. John's IceCaps ‏@IceCapsAHL
Sportnet will be airing two IceCaps games this month, both against the Hamilton Bulldogs, on Dec. 21 and 28! http://stjohnsicecaps.com/article/sp...s-in-december/

Old
12-12-2012, 11:50 AM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Quailer has a great shot and he has hockey sense. Very good frame. Dont think he will ever be a bruiser, but certainly someone who can make space for his teammates and lean on players defensively.

Old
12-12-2012, 12:22 PM
Tim Wallach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes View Post
Quailer has a great shot and he has hockey sense. Very good frame. Dont think he will ever be a bruiser, but certainly someone who can make space for his teammates and lean on players defensively.
I haven't seen him play, but every time I read posts about him, I can't help but picture Blake Wheeler.

How accurate is that?

Old
12-12-2012, 12:29 PM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wallach View Post
I haven't seen him play, but every time I read posts about him, I can't help but picture Blake Wheeler.

How accurate is that?
Not as good hands, probably just as good shot, probably better hockey sense.

Old
12-12-2012, 01:27 PM
Tim Wallach

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiensnation View Post
Not as good hands, probably just as good shot, probably better hockey sense.
Cool. Thanks for the info.

Old
12-12-2012, 03:53 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Palushaj out 4-6 weeks.

Just watch, Lefebvre still won't use Leblanc on the 1st or 2nd PP unit.

Old
12-12-2012, 03:55 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Palushaj out 4-6 weeks.

Just watch, Lefebvre still won't use Leblanc on the 1st or 2nd PP unit.
Time to recall another player from Wheeling and let Avtsin sit in the stands.

Worst part is, he got injured on an interference play and there was no call.

Old
12-12-2012, 03:57 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
I am sure Stortini will be back in for tomorrow's game instead of Avtsin despite the fact the team has won twice and looked fairly solid without Stortini.

Old
12-12-2012, 04:01 PM
thaivuN
Cynical Narcissist.

vCash: 187
I predict that Lefebvre will recall Philippe Lefebvre to fill in Palushaj's spot

Old
12-12-2012, 04:08 PM
zzoo

The team just starts to remove few useless players: Stortini, Berger and Corbin... and now Palushaj is injured. I hope that Lefebvre doesn't bring back Stortini. I hope Hagel is gone too.

In a recent interview, Bergevin doesn't rule out the possibility to sign a veteran to help Dogs. Can we sign Darche ? He may help Dogs.

Closed Thread