HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bruins - Oilers

Old
12-11-2012, 08:05 PM
Beer Me

vCash: 500
Bruins - Oilers

to Edmonton:

Hamilton
Subban
1st Round '13

to Boston:

Yakupov
Klefbom

Last edited by Beer Me: 12-15-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Beer Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 08:10 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Boston needs defense and goal tending for the future so they trade their best prospects in both spots for a winger who they have lots of?

TheHudlinator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 08:14 PM
Beer Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Boston needs defense and goal tending for the future so they trade their best prospects in both spots for a winger who they have lots of?
Lots of? Seguin, Lucic, Marchand, Horton, Peverly are their top wingers...Yakupov will add much needed skill to the position for them in my opinion which will give the Boston team "another demension". Rask could be their future for goal tending who knows. Klefbom is going to be solid on the blueline too.

Beer Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 08:24 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer Me View Post
Lots of? Seguin, Lucic, Marchand, Horton, Peverly are their top wingers...Yakupov will add much needed skill to the position for them in my opinion which will give the Boston team "another demension". Rask could be their future for goal tending who knows. Klefbom is going to be solid on the blueline too.
Except they need a #1 defenseman not a solid #3, it makes no sense for them, they have Seguin,Lucic,Marchand,Horton who are all 27 or under they don't need more skill in their wingers if they want more skill their it won't be for they best prospect how could be their future #1 defenseman.

TheHudlinator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 08:28 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 50
Yakupov > Hamilton
Klefbom > M.Subban + 1st Round Pick (likely very low)

It does address areas of need for Edmonton, so I think they'd consider it... but ultimately Edmonton gives up way too much value. It's not like Edmonton is a cup contender that's just a couple pieces away - we need Yakupov's offense.

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 08:29 PM
Dellstrom
We Like Eich

Quote:
4 potential 30 goal scorers isn't good enough for a team's top-6 that's defensively oriented? Peverley is one of the best 3rd line wingers in the league, too... The only upgrade we could really use is a first line sniper, and it's not even as necessary now that Seguin could step into that role. We have a very balanced top-6.

Our defensive prospect depth without Dougie is complete garbage. We're not trading him. Yakupov is a terrific prospect but he's not worth our two best. You could make a very strong argument that Dougie is one of the most important player in our organization, and he hasn't even played an NHL game yet. He's that valuable to us. Yakupov would never reach, or be able to exhibit his full offensive potential in a system like the Bruins'.

Maybe it's close value-wise, but we value a potential #1 defenseman much more than a forward at this point. Chara isn't going to last forever.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 08:29 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Edmonton passes, not enough for Klefbom and Yakupov.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 08:43 PM
franfrey*

I'd probably do this deal from an Oilers perspective even though I'd HATE to see Klefbom leave.
Also, maybe change the pick to a 2nd to make it more enticing from a Bruins standpoint?

Last edited by franfrey*: 12-11-2012 at 09:46 PM.
franfrey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 08:47 PM
BarDownBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
Yakupov > Hamilton

It does address areas of need for Edmonton, so I think they'd consider it... but ultimately Edmonton gives up way too much value. It's not like Edmonton is a cup contender that's just a couple pieces away - we need Yakupov's offense.
I'm an Oil fan, and I actually really disagree with your second point. I would trade Klefbom for Subban and a 1st. Klefbom has developed really well, and I think he'll be the anchor of our D for years to come, but Subban looks like he's on track to become an elite goalie, and a first in a draft like this one is an awesome asset, whether you use it or were to move it along with our first to try and get up to the range to pick a Barkov or Monahan. Also, if there is a total lottery, Boston will likely have a higher pick than Edm.

Overall, this is the kind of deal that I'd definitely consider from an Edm perspective, however I don't think there's a chance that Boston would do this.

BarDownBobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 09:00 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarDownBobo View Post
I'm an Oil fan, and I actually really disagree with your second point. I would trade Klefbom for Subban and a 1st. Klefbom has developed really well, and I think he'll be the anchor of our D for years to come, but Subban looks like he's on track to become an elite goalie, and a first in a draft like this one is an awesome asset, whether you use it or were to move it along with our first to try and get up to the range to pick a Barkov or Monahan. Also, if there is a total lottery, Boston will likely have a higher pick than Edm.

Overall, this is the kind of deal that I'd definitely consider from an Edm perspective, however I don't think there's a chance that Boston would do this.
Goalies are so hard to predict, so I'm afraid of trading forward/dmen assets for them. Lots of guys look like they'll be stars, even at the NHL level, before regressing. Klefbom's stock has risen considerably since his draft day so I'd be very hesitant to trade him for M.Subban at this point.

I was assuming we'd have a season and didn't think about the random lottery - that's a good point.

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 09:04 PM
eklunds source

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellstrom View Post
Our defensive prospect depth without Dougie is complete garbage. We're not trading him. Yakupov is a terrific prospect but he's not worth our two best. You could make a very strong argument that Dougie is one of the most important player in our organization, and he hasn't even played an NHL game yet. He's that valuable to us. Yakupov would never reach, or be able to exhibit his full offensive potential in a system like the Bruins'.
That's a bunch of hooey. If Apple can continue to be a successful company after Steve Jobs died, I'm pretty sure that the Bruins would be absolutely fine if a prospect with 0 NHL games disappeared.

eklunds source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 09:10 PM
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard

Take out the pick and Klefbom and I may do it. Boston says no though.

Sloth Slothersons* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 09:12 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by eklunds source View Post
That's a bunch of hooey. If Apple can continue to be a successful company after Steve Jobs died, I'm pretty sure that the Bruins would be absolutely fine if a prospect with 0 NHL games disappeared.
But Yakupov is one of the chosen ones, right? Hamilton has proved alot more than Yak, and you pick a future #1 D over a future #1 RW AINEC. And for the 2nd half, Subban+1st>Klefbom. Hell, Subban would be my choice out of the 2.

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 09:13 PM
oilerbear

Quote:
to Edmonton:

Hamilton
Subban
1st Round '13

to Boston:

Yakupov
Klefbom

Oiler GM: *ring* *ring*
Bruins GM: Hello?
O:Hey B. We have some major holes in our rebuild plan. We don't have anybody in the system who could be a star on the blue line or in the net. Can you help us out?
B:Why don't you just ice that atrocious thing you call a hockey team and get a good pick like you usually do?...
O: Nah. Too easy. Besides, I think the rest of the league is finally catching on.
B: Well, Dougie is untouchable and we really like Subban. We want to see how he will progress. He is very athletic and could be a future star.
O: We will give you Yakupov.
B: That is good and all...but we will be hurting at the defence position down the road if we do it.
O: What if we give you a good defensive prospect too?
B: Schultz and you got a deal.
O: Fat chance. I am hesistant to do this, but, I could give you Klefbom. Don't let his numbers in the SEL fool you. He is playing against grown men and doing really well. If we throw him in though...You guys will have to add something aswell.
B: Like what?
O: Spooner and a first.
B: That seems steep.
O: I know, I know - but it's just that Yakupov is the only sure thing in this trade, even though Hamilton is showing alot of promise to be a #1 defender and as for Subban...goalie prospects are unpredictable.
B: Hmm..but Hamilton and Subban both have star potential and I don't think Klefbom does. I'll tell you what. We will throw in a first rounder just because this organization knows how much of a draft wh0re the Oilers are.
O: I still don't know. I am going to make a proposal on Hfboards to see what they think about this trade. Afterall, they are the most knowledgeable group of people when it comes to hockey on the face of the earth...they should know if this is fair or not.

Devon Dubnyk when gilbert was injured start of jan.
Smid-Petry 1st pr
Whitney-N. Schultz 2nd pr
Was .750 win % 1.84 GA .933 save%

When Gilbert returned
Smid-gilbert
Whitney-petry
.570 win% 2.50GA .908SV%

After Gilbert trade
Smid-petry
Whitney-N. Schultz
.750 win% 2.10GA .930 Sv%

klefbom was a WJC allstar @18 and the leading +/- dman in the SEL this year at the time of his injury.

Ring Ring!

GM who tried this trade: I am what red calls his son in 70's show.

Last edited by oilerbear: 12-11-2012 at 09:24 PM.
oilerbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 09:29 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerbear View Post
Devon Dubnyk when gilbert was injured start of jan.
Smid-Petry 1st pr
Whitney-N. Schultz 2nd pr
Was .750 win % 1.84 GA .933 save%

When Gilbert returned
Smid-gilbert
Whitney-petry
.570 win% 2.50GA .908SV%

After Gilbert trade
Smid-petry
Whitney-N. Schultz
.750 win% 2.10GA .930 Sv%
Hm.. A Leafs fan knows that Gilbert was traded for N. Schultz, but you seem to think that when Gilbert was injured, they had N. Schultz? Round of applause everybody.

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 09:30 PM
Devilspuppet666

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
Yakupov > Hamilton

in my head i thought he was breaking it down like:

Yakupov for hamilton + 1st
klefbom for subban

Devilspuppet666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 10:00 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilspuppet666 View Post
in my head i thought he was breaking it down like:

Yakupov for hamilton + 1st
klefbom for subban
Subban wouldn't get you close to getting Klefbom and the Oilers have Bunz in the system, giving them no reason for wanting Subban.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 10:04 PM
Gritzky98
Lottery Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
But Yakupov is one of the chosen ones, right? Hamilton has proved alot more than Yak, and you pick a future #1 D over a future #1 RW AINEC. And for the 2nd half, Subban+1st>Klefbom. Hell, Subban would be my choice out of the 2.
Yea except that Yakupov is more likely to turn out as a #1 Rw than Hamilton is to turn out as a #1 Dman.
And what exactly has Hamilton proved more than Yakupov? Yakupov is doing very well, in the best league in the world right now, while Hamilton is one of the older kids in the CHL playing against other kids. Not saying what Hamilton is doing isn't impressive but saying hes proved more than Yakupov is stupid, when the fact is, Hamilton is at best equal in that regard.

Also rather have Klefbom over Subban, goalies are way to hard to predict.

Gritzky98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 10:07 PM
Hero
The Corporal Returns

If someone passes on this deal.
It's not Edmonton.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 10:57 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Hamilton >> Klefbom.

I'll buy into the idea that Hamilton will be a #1 d-man. Klefbomb will be a good #2 d-man.

Yakupov >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Suban + 1st.

No thanks.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 10:58 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
And for the 2nd half, Subban+1st>Klefbom. Hell, Subban would be my choice out of the 2.
I'm sorry, but this is downright laughable. This proposal just shows how underrated Klefbom is

The Nuge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 11:11 PM
Neatman

Nope from the Oilers. No way, in fact.
Yakupov is a better prospect than Hamilton
Klefbom blows subban + 1st out of the water (especially since the 1st will be very late)

Neatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 11:23 PM
roflstomper
I don't row.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
I'm sorry, but this is downright laughable. This proposal just shows how underrated Klefbom is
No its not. Subban has the potential to be a good NHL goaltender while Klefbom can be a solid 2/3 guy. I thinks its more of just what you would prefer. Suggesting its "laughable" to compare Subban and a 1st to Klefbom is a little bit overboard.

roflstomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 11:23 PM
ManByng
Moroz fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero View Post
If someone passes on this deal.
It's not Edmonton.
if someone passes on this deal, it's not Boston.

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 11:32 PM
Buckets and Gloves
10 AVE FREEZE OUT

Boston has zero interest in this.

If Edmonton wants to do a Yakupov for Hamilton 1 for 1... maybe that has some interest... other than that, pass. Obviously Oilers don't touch that, but Boston doesn't touch this deal either.

Maybe the value is there "in a vaccuum" for this deal... but Boston doesn't touch it with a 100 foot pole

Big time pass from both teams is my guess.

Horrible/senseless proposal that does not account for Boston or their needs.

Buckets and Gloves is offline   Reply With Quote