HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Thread - Part XII

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-11-2012, 09:49 PM
  #801
luongoisdaman
Registered User
 
luongoisdaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,089
vCash: 500
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaa

luongoisdaman is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 09:49 PM
  #802
Mailbox Head
Registered Schmoozer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 625
vCash: 500
Corrado scores!

Mailbox Head is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 09:51 PM
  #803
thefeebster
Registered User
 
thefeebster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 5,524
vCash: 500
Corrado got the GWG in the Subway Series. Now this scrimmage.

Clutch in that team Canada jersey.

thefeebster is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 09:52 PM
  #804
Taco Fingerhat
Registered User
 
Taco Fingerhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,816
vCash: 4420
Great to see Corrado's patience gets rewarded. He played a very unselfish meat and potatoes kinda game and scores the winning goal. If that's not what you want from your seventh defenceman, I don't know what is.

Taco Fingerhat is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 09:52 PM
  #805
Tiranis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 20,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
Corrado got the GWG in the Subway Series. Now this scrimmage.

Clutch in that team Canada jersey.
IMO he has shown better than the other 3 RD he's competing against in Dumba, Murphy, and Sproul. Even got a goal on top of his solid defensive play. I know it's just one game but Corrado has been playing this well and better all year.

Tiranis is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 09:54 PM
  #806
Taelin
Resident Hipster
 
Taelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,108
vCash: 500
All I did was celebrate Corrado's goal, and then all the guys on the FASTHockey talk jump on me. Even got a riot joke.


Taelin is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 09:56 PM
  #807
Taco Fingerhat
Registered User
 
Taco Fingerhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,816
vCash: 4420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
All I did was celebrate Corrado's goal, and then all the guys on the FASTHockey talk jump on me. Even got a riot joke.

Yup. We're not allowed to cheer for our own prospects except for inside this thread.

Taco Fingerhat is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 09:57 PM
  #808
Nuck This
Registered User
 
Nuck This's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
I believe you're correct. That's what I saw as well.
Agreed. Corrado spearheaded both goals. The first one wouldn't have happened if he didn't slow the play down and break out. Rose coloured of course, but still true.

Nuck This is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:00 PM
  #809
Tiranis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 20,959
vCash: 500
Apparently Sproul and Pouliot stood out... not the guy that scored a goal and had a hand in the other one, plus played shutdown defense. Nope. *sigh*

Tiranis is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:01 PM
  #810
14s incisor
Registered User
 
14s incisor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Vancouver Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
All I did was celebrate Corrado's goal, and then all the guys on the FASTHockey talk jump on me. Even got a riot joke.

Saw that. Pretty pathetic, but that's what it's come to. Always love the reaction when I head back east and wear any Canuck stuff in public.

14s incisor is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:01 PM
  #811
Taelin
Resident Hipster
 
Taelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,108
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Apparently Sproul and Pouliot stood out... not the guy that scored a goal and had a hand in the other one, plus played shutdown defense. Nope. *sigh*
Not sure I was watching the same game as them then..

Taelin is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:02 PM
  #812
Kesler is Bestler
Registered User
 
Kesler is Bestler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,078
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
All I did was celebrate Corrado's goal, and then all the guys on the FASTHockey talk jump on me. Even got a riot joke.

I find that hilarious for some reason

Kesler is Bestler is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:02 PM
  #813
Taelin
Resident Hipster
 
Taelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,108
vCash: 500
So according to main boards people, Corrado is a pylon.

The guy who can effortlessly skate?!

Taelin is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:03 PM
  #814
Scottrockztheworld*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,301
vCash: 500
Main boards are pathetic. They don't care if you play well, only if you're a high draft pick.

Scottrockztheworld* is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:03 PM
  #815
Tiranis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 20,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
So according to main boards people, Corrado is a pylon.

The guy who can effortlessly skate?!
It's not even worth it. I'm not posting there anymore. I'm pretty sure Corrado could score 10 goals in a game and it would still just be luck.

Tiranis is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:04 PM
  #816
Taelin
Resident Hipster
 
Taelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,108
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
It's not even worth it. I'm not posting there anymore. I'm pretty sure Corrado could score 10 goals in a game and it would still just be luck.
Wow, you actually called it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer100 View Post
Corrado sucked he just got lucky with that goal. Dumba was bad too hes got such slow feet.

Taelin is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:07 PM
  #817
Taco Fingerhat
Registered User
 
Taco Fingerhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,816
vCash: 4420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Apparently Sproul and Pouliot stood out... not the guy that scored a goal and had a hand in the other one, plus played shutdown defense. Nope. *sigh*
To be fair, unless you were a Canucks fan like us monitoring Corrado very closely, the announcers made very little mention of him. Couple that with the inability to read players numbers, and I can see why casual observers would overlook Corrado. But the fact is he played the exact kind of game he needs to play to make the team. I would say game 1 was a smashing success for Corrado. Whether he makes team Canada or not, it's starting to look like Corrado absolutely fits in amongst the best U-20 Canadian players.

Taco Fingerhat is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:07 PM
  #818
Tiranis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 20,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNobody View Post
Sproul did well
Pouliot impressed me
Reinhart was steady
Rielly has great skating
Harrington was steady

Graovac better be on this team
Mcneill better be on this team
Wilson better be on this team
Ritchie better be on this team
MacKinnon looked good - good skater
Hudon looked good
Danault impressed after the first period

Shinkaruk - no room for him
Drouin is not ready this year

Monahan had some good shifts



Non Factors:
Pelech did he play ????
Wotherspoon was a not factor as the game progressed
Corrado i didnt expect anything from him
Dumba did not impress
Murphy better not be on this team...1 good rush and thats it...
... I don't even know anymore. WTF?

Tiranis is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:09 PM
  #819
Tiranis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 20,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Fingerhat View Post
To be fair, unless you were a Canucks fan like us monitoring Corrado very closely, the announcers made very little mention of him. Couple that with the inability to read players numbers, and I can see why casual observers would overlook Corrado. But the fact is he played the exact kind of game he needs to play to make the team. I would say game 1 was a smashing success for Corrado. Whether he makes team Canada or not, it's starting to look like Corrado absolutely fits in amongst the best U-20 Canadian players.
I guess, but he was crucial to both of the proper goals that team red scored so you would think they would at least notice that, right? I mean, that's kind of hard to miss...

Tiranis is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:10 PM
  #820
Hansen 36
BASED JIM BENNING
 
Hansen 36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Nanaimo, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,188
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNobody View Post
Sproul did well
Pouliot impressed me
Reinhart was steady
Rielly has great skating
Harrington was steady

Graovac better be on this team
Mcneill better be on this team
Wilson better be on this team
Ritchie better be on this team
MacKinnon looked good - good skater
Hudon looked good
Danault impressed after the first period

Shinkaruk - no room for him
Drouin is not ready this year

Monahan had some good shifts



Non Factors:

Pelech did he play ????
Wotherspoon was a not factor as the game progressed
Corrado i didnt expect anything from him
Dumba did not impress
Murphy better not be on this team...1 good rush and thats it...


Because he didn't expect anything from Corrado he decided that his essentially game winning goal and solid defensive play made him a non-factor. Lovely.

Hansen 36 is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:11 PM
  #821
Wisp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,991
vCash: 500
I hope we'll have to keep listening to this Corrado bashing until the end of the Juniors.

heh heh

Wisp is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:13 PM
  #822
VanCanucks14
Registered User
 
VanCanucks14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,654
vCash: 500
I called them idiots(wish I had more restraint) and left the thread. It's just ridiculous.

VanCanucks14 is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:21 PM
  #823
me2
Seahawks 43
 
me2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Broncos 8
Country: Wallis & Futuna
Posts: 17,975
vCash: 50
In the mainboards thread the rating is almost entirely off noticabiliy (blunders, flashy offensive plays or size). Reinhart was great because he was big. Sproul had a nice shot or two, therefore he's great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis
shutdown defense
solid shutdown defense means nothing. you get points for offensive plays and lose points for big defensive blunders


Last edited by me2: 12-12-2012 at 12:35 AM.
me2 is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:22 PM
  #824
Mailbox Head
Registered Schmoozer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 625
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCanucks17 View Post
I called them idiots(wish I had more restraint) and left the thread. It's just ridiculous.
And you subsequently got your post deleted.

I'm of the opinion that it's not worth getting upset about. We do our thing, and people will react badly no matter what we say.

Just roll with it. Keep posting intelligently, and using reason. There will always be people who troll and refuse to listen. But there will be some who do.

That's the best anyone on this board can hope for.

Mailbox Head is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:28 PM
  #825
Callhee
Embrace the hate.
 
Callhee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 653
vCash: 500
This was my first time watching Corrado play a whole game, you guys were right about his skating, it was effortless and his transitions,pivots were so smooth.

The black on red was a terrible idea and made picking out Corrado very difficult!

Callhee is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.