HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Off-Season Madness the 9th: Tom Cheek Memorial Edition

Closed Thread

Old
12-11-2012, 08:23 PM
Everlong
-

vCash: 500
Not a bad job by Cleveland, and I don't say that too often. They weren't going to be able to afford Choo and they were wise to get something for him now.

Old
12-11-2012, 08:26 PM
Eyedea
The Legend Continues

vCash: 350
Towers must really love that Gregorius kid

Old
12-11-2012, 08:26 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Its funny watching teams trading top prospects for less than their value (Myers and now Bauer). Going to be funny when they bite them back in the ass.

Old
12-11-2012, 08:27 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyedea View Post
Towers must really love that Gregorius kid
Nope but he must really really really hate Trevor Bauer.

Old
12-11-2012, 08:43 PM
Animal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
Nope but he must really really really hate Trevor Bauer.
and he constantly calls out his star player upton. AA has said you can't get emotionally attached to a player. Works the other way as well. At the end of the day all that matters is wins

Old
12-11-2012, 09:02 PM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Not a bad job by Cleveland, and I don't say that too often. They weren't going to be able to afford Choo and they were wise to get something for him now.
Not a bad job? Cleveland won this trade hand over fist. I honestly can't believe how they did this. WOW!

Old
12-11-2012, 09:08 PM
Animal

Choo might only be there for one year. Billy Hamilton will be in CF a year from now

Old
12-11-2012, 09:09 PM
Animal

Plus choo is a boras client. He'll be looking to get PAID

Old
12-11-2012, 09:46 PM
Stats01

I can't believe Lars Anderson was pretty much the difference between getting Bauer or not. Can someone explain this to me? The Jays could've easily matched this. Bauer is going to be in the big leagues this year coming up. I don't understand why Arizona was so hung and dry about getting Anderson and Choo and giving up a stud like Bauer. This is going to come back and haunt them big time IMO. Terrible move. Also this move smells like...adios Upton. You have to think now that Upton is inevitably going to get moved in the next little while.

Old
12-11-2012, 09:54 PM
91Kadri91

Quote:
Well there's Justin Smoak...who's not completely terrible. I mean atleast he hits a homerun from time to time.

Pretty crazy to think that he (Lee) was packaged with Brandon Phillips and Grady Sizemore for Bartolo Colon.
If he's not completely terrible, I don't know who is.

Old
12-11-2012, 09:56 PM
Woodman19
#TeamBernier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
I can't believe Lars Anderson was pretty much the difference between getting Bauer or not. Can someone explain this to me? The Jays could've easily matched this. Bauer is going to be in the big leagues this year coming up. I don't understand why Arizona was so hung and dry about getting Anderson and Choo and giving up a stud like Bauer. This is going to come back and haunt them big time IMO. Terrible move. Also this move smells like...adios Upton. You have to think now that Upton is inevitably going to get moved in the next little while.
We lack the SS now with Hechevarria gone to Miami.

Old
12-11-2012, 09:58 PM
Animal

Quote:
Arizona didn't get Anderson and choo. The reds did. It was a 3-way deal. So it probably means upton is staying

Old
12-11-2012, 10:01 PM
Animal

They traded Bauer because they needed a shortstop. So the blue jays couldn't have matched that. Even if we offered hech, how do you know they like him? Towers is in love with gregorius. Also, trading hech to Arizona would mean no 12 player blockbuster, as he was the first player the marlins asked for.

Old
12-11-2012, 10:02 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:
Where are you getting that? And D-Bags didn't get Choo either.

Full deal is:

Quote:
8:12pm: The Diamondbacks announced that they have acquired shortstop Didi Gregorius, left-handed pitcher Tony Sipp, and first baseman Lars Anderson from the Indians in exchange for right-handed pitchers Trevor Bauer, Matt Albers and Bryan Shaw. The Reds are receiving Shin-Soo Choo and Jason Donald in the swap. The Indians will send the Reds approximately $3.5MM to account for the differences in projected salaries between Choo and Stubbs, according to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports
They get Didi Gregirious, Tony Sipp, Lars Anderson for Bauer, Albers and Shaw.

Lars Anderson is a total scrub and just a throw in. Sipp is some lefty and Gregirious is a SS who doesn't hit all that well but can play defense. Jays could have matched that package and would have, if they still had Hech or a different shortstop to trade. D-Bags really wanted a controllable shortstop and apparently, this was their justifiable reasoning for trading Bauer. Sold him for like 30 cents on the dollar.

Dayton Moore made a bad trade but at least you could find a way to justify that. This is completely laughable.

Old
12-11-2012, 10:11 PM
Kb21

Quote:
i wouldn't be surprised. d backs have been trying to move upton for the last few seasons now but no one is biting because of what they are asking for in return for 2-3 seasons of JU.

Old
12-11-2012, 11:14 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kb21 View Post
i wouldn't be surprised. d backs have been trying to move upton for the last few seasons now but no one is biting because of what they are asking for in return for 2-3 seasons of JU.
If there's one thing I'm certain about when it comes to Justin Upton it's that he won't be re upping with them when he does become a free agent. I can't see anyone staying with a team that's tried to move pretty much from the day he established himself as a pro.

Old
12-11-2012, 11:18 PM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Kadri91 View Post
If he's not completely terrible, I don't know who is.
You'd be correct. My comment was meant to be tongue and cheek.

----------

The NL is loading up on some serious talent. Hamilton is apparently close to signing with the Phillies.

Old
12-11-2012, 11:31 PM
Epictetus
Global Moderator
Create yourself.

vCash: 4200
Quote:
The NL is loading up on some serious talent. Hamilton is apparently close to signing with the Phillies.
Good. I want a challenge in the World Series.

Old
12-11-2012, 11:35 PM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epictetus View Post
Good. I want a challenge in the World Series.
I see what you did there, and I share your sentiments.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the Giants do it all again to be honest.

Old
12-11-2012, 11:36 PM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggs21 View Post
Arizona didn't get Anderson and choo. The reds did. It was a 3-way deal. So it probably means upton is staying
Yes sorry, I read that wrong. My bad

Old
12-11-2012, 11:41 PM
HappyGilmourr

Quote:
You'd be correct. My comment was meant to be tongue and cheek.

----------

Good, get him out of the AL. Hamilton and Greinke leaving the west is good for us if we're in a battle for a wild card spot with one of the Rags or Halos

Old
12-12-2012, 12:40 AM
smitty10

So do people here think Lind starts next season a Blue Jay? Or will he be moved for a real #5 bat to be brought in?

Old
12-12-2012, 12:42 AM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
So do people here think Lind starts next season a Blue Jay? Or will he be moved for a real #5 bat to be brought in?
He is good for a platoon and no he won't be moved.

Old
12-12-2012, 01:23 AM
keslerburrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Is Lawrie not a real #5 bat to you?

Old
12-12-2012, 03:15 AM
HappyGilmourr

Quote:
Originally Posted by keslerburrows View Post
Is Lawrie not a real #5 bat to you?
I think Lawrie could prove capable of batting 5th if your fine with having 3 righties in a row. He could break out and hit .290 - .300 and drive in 90 runs. I would be more confident with him batting 6th though, and Colby who is a lefty batting 7th. We need a guy who can platoon with Lind.

Last edited by HappyGilmourr: 12-12-2012 at 03:26 AM.
Closed Thread