HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Leafs ranked 20th by Hockey's Future.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-11-2012, 10:13 PM
  #426
Disgruntled Observer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
Sure man whatever you say.
Go ahead and read back to when Burke was hired, and his first season. I was his biggest fan.

The posts are still here, archived.

So don't lie about my opinions of Burke when he first arrived.

Disgruntled Observer is online now  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:13 PM
  #427
charliolemieux
rsTmf
 
charliolemieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,543
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgruntled Observer View Post
Ok, so never mind Detroit of Nashville...

What do you think of the fact that both the hockey news rankings (created by professional nhl scouts) AND HF both list the leafs as 20.

Do you consider the possibility that our prospects are simply mediocre?
And the fact THN has DET ranked 21st and HF has them at 10th just gets completely ignored by you.

But They both have Toronto ranked correctly right?

charliolemieux is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:13 PM
  #428
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,714
vCash: 50
What date are those rankings Charlio?

Grant is online now  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:14 PM
  #429
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,247
vCash: 500
What did the Hockey News rank the Leafs?

They use scouts from NHL teams from what I recall.

Bomber0104 is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:15 PM
  #430
charliolemieux
rsTmf
 
charliolemieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,543
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgruntled Observer View Post
Go ahead and read back to when Burke was hired, and his first season. I was his biggest fan.

The posts are still here, archived.

So don't lie about my opinions of Burke when he first arrived.
Burke lover. Got it.

charliolemieux is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:17 PM
  #431
charliolemieux
rsTmf
 
charliolemieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,543
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
What date are those rankings Charlio?
They are from the 2012-13 year book. So... August maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
What did the Hockey News rank the Leafs?

They use scouts from NHL teams from what I recall.
It's posted above.

charliolemieux is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:17 PM
  #432
Disgruntled Observer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
And the fact THN has DET ranked 21st and HF has them at 10th just gets completely ignored by you.

But They both have Toronto ranked correctly right?
I'll tell you this... I trust the Hockey News rankings more than HF. (created by consensus of professional nhl scouts).
But both have the leafs listed as 20th anyways.

Are you still clinging to the argument of "but I 'like' the leafs, so that meas they're the best"? or have you matured past forming opinions like that?

Disgruntled Observer is online now  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:19 PM
  #433
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,714
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
They are from the 2012-13 year book. So... August maybe?
I like THN rankings better at this point. But that could change if I'm ever able to see a full list of their rankings and their reasoning behind it.

Grant is online now  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:19 PM
  #434
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,247
vCash: 500
Ok so whats the issue here?

The Hockey News uses actual scouts and still ranks the Leafs in the bottom half of the league.

Its not even contestable. Burke has assembled one of the worst NHL teams over the past four seasons and has a below average prospect system.

Basically he ****ed up...hard

Needs to be replaced at once.

Bomber0104 is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:20 PM
  #435
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,714
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgruntled Observer View Post
I'll tell you this... I trust the Hockey News rankings more than HF. (created by consensus of professional nhl scouts).
But both have the leafs listed as 20th anyways.

Are you still clinging to the argument of "but I 'like' the leafs, so that meas they're the best"? or have you matured past forming opinions like that?
When was that ever the argument?

Grant is online now  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:23 PM
  #436
charliolemieux
rsTmf
 
charliolemieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,543
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgruntled Observer View Post
I'll tell you this... I trust the Hockey News rankings more than HF. (created by consensus of professional nhl scouts).
But both have the leafs listed as 20th anyways.

Are you still clinging to the argument of "but I 'like' the leafs, so that meas they're the best"? or have you matured past forming opinions like that?
It has nothing to do with whether I like the Leafs or not. It is about the inconsistancies of the rankings.

charliolemieux is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:24 PM
  #437
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
When was that ever the argument?
seems to me thats exactly the argument. Theres no possible way anyone posting on the Leafs section of hfboards has spent more time than anyone writing for the hockeys future or the hockey news or anyone.

But that teeny tiny little fact doesnt matter to them or even concern them at all.

Bomber0104 is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:24 PM
  #438
The Apologist
Kessel Supporter
 
The Apologist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Soviet Kanukistan
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,871
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
When was that ever the argument?
In DO world, he decides your argument, your meaning, and your opinion. And he is always right.

For those who werent following, the discrepancy still stands. With very similar ratings for their individual prospects given by HF, their team rankings make no sense.

The Apologist is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:25 PM
  #439
The Apologist
Kessel Supporter
 
The Apologist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Soviet Kanukistan
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,871
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
seems to me thats exactly the argument. Theres no possible way anyone posting on the Leafs section of hfboards has spent more time than anyone writing for the hockeys future or the hockey news or anyone.

But that teeny tiny little fact doesnt matter to them or even concern them at all.
The actual argument has been posted twice for you. Feel free to join it.

The Apologist is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:26 PM
  #440
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
It has nothing to do with whether I like the Leafs or not. It is about the inconsistancies of the rankings.
so if the hockeys future rankings are as unreliable as u think it is, why do u assume that means the Leafs are automatically better than they say? If its unreliable why dont you account for the possibility that the Leafs could in reality be 21st or worst in the league?

Oh ya, cuz ur completely biased.

Bomber0104 is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:27 PM
  #441
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazeeEddie View Post
The actual argument has been posted twice for you. Feel free to join it.
the hockey news as ive just learnt has them ranked the same. are the scouts there "trolling Leafs fans" there too or is it just hockeys future that does that? please explain. very curious.

Bomber0104 is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:27 PM
  #442
charliolemieux
rsTmf
 
charliolemieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,543
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
I like THN rankings better at this point. But that could change if I'm ever able to see a full list of their rankings and their reasoning behind it.
Well the yearbook I think is still on the shelves. You could try the website but I don't have a clue as to where to start looking.

They don't really give much of a reason for their ranking.

charliolemieux is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:30 PM
  #443
charliolemieux
rsTmf
 
charliolemieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,543
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
so if the hockeys future rankings are as unreliable as u think it is, why do u assume that means the Leafs are automatically better than they say? If its unreliable why dont you account for the possibility that the Leafs could in reality be 21st or worst in the league?

Oh ya, cuz ur completely biased.
I-N-C-O-N-S-I-S-T-A-N-C-I-E-S

That is the issue.

charliolemieux is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:30 PM
  #444
The Apologist
Kessel Supporter
 
The Apologist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Soviet Kanukistan
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,871
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
the hockey news as ive just learnt has them ranked the same. are the scouts there "trolling Leafs fans" there too or is it just hockeys future that does that?
Does the hockey news give complete rankings for every prospect, have them ranked very very similar (with the Leafs individual prospects in most cases outranking the Chicago or Detroit prospects) and then put Toronto 10 spots behind each of those teams, basically calling into question each and every one of their rankings?

Either HFs prospects rankings are a farce or their teams ones are, which is it?

The Apologist is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:31 PM
  #445
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
I-N-C-O-N-S-I-S-T-A-N-C-I-E-S

That is the issue.
whats inconsistent about the hockey news.

they have a scouting panel.

id say it couldnt get any more objective and informed than that, considering how they know more about all the teams prospects than anyone posting in this thread.

Bomber0104 is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:31 PM
  #446
charliolemieux
rsTmf
 
charliolemieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,543
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
the hockey news as ive just learnt has them ranked the same. are the scouts there "trolling Leafs fans" there too or is it just hockeys future that does that? please explain. very curious.
Nothing to do with the discussion.

charliolemieux is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:33 PM
  #447
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
Nothing to do with the discussion.
you question and point out little things as to why hockeys future has the Leafs at 20 but say very little about a scouting panel (who know way more than u) grading them THE EXACT SAME PLACE.

Bomber0104 is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:34 PM
  #448
The Apologist
Kessel Supporter
 
The Apologist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Soviet Kanukistan
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,871
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgruntled Observer View Post
I did not miss that and I apologized to grant for calling him a liar.

Again, I'm not saying these rankings are gospel. I'm not saying they're 100% evidence of which prospects will succeed.
They are simply a very good benchmark. Especially when compared to other prospect rankings (like the hockey news, who created their lists based on consensus of nhl scouts).

People like you and Grant barely seen these other guys play (if at all).
Who do you think I should allow to affect my opinion?
Grant and Charliolemiux on the internet who haven't even seen most of the players?
Or rankings created by people whose specific job it is to travel and watch the players in question? Or actual nhl scouts ranking systems like in the hockey news?

Face it... I'm much more impartial than you. I allow facts and informed opinions to shape my judgement... whereas you just say "I 'like' the leafs, so that means our prospects are the best!!!!"
Lol, anyone can crap on a team 24-7 and occasionally be right. In fact, nowadays, if you predict bad things for the Leafs chances are you'll be right. The problem is when you are very very wrong and pretend it didn't happen. That doesn't make you impartial DO, it makes you a pessimist.

The Apologist is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:34 PM
  #449
charliolemieux
rsTmf
 
charliolemieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,543
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
whats inconsistent about the hockey news.

they have a scouting panel.

id say it couldnt get any more objective and informed than that, considering how they know more about all the teams prospects than anyone posting in this thread.
Seriously?

Man go re-read the thread.

charliolemieux is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:35 PM
  #450
The Apologist
Kessel Supporter
 
The Apologist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Soviet Kanukistan
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,871
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
you question and point out little things as to why hockeys future has the Leafs at 20 but say very little about a scouting panel (who know way more than u) grading them THE EXACT SAME PLACE.
Lol, are you purposefully ignoring the entire question, or do you need a translator? Re-read the thread and come back when you have an understanding of the inconsistency he is speaking of.

The Apologist is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.