HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT Thread Part VII : Tips and Tricks Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-11-2012, 10:38 PM
  #476
Bleedred
Pete still coach?
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 33,330
vCash: 500
Never eaten at a Tim Horton's before! The most exposure I've had is seeing it advertised along the boards.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:39 PM
  #477
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,695
vCash: 50
I've never had Tim Horton's.

__________________
"New day, new hope. Richards Buyout 2014". -Ail
Bob Richards is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:43 PM
  #478
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Never eaten at a Tim Horton's before! The most exposure I've had is seeing it advertised along the boards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I've never had Tim Horton's.
What is wrong with you people? Well Bleed and BR, when you visit me I can take you to every single one of them if you fancy that

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:45 PM
  #479
Bleedred
Pete still coach?
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 33,330
vCash: 500
I heard somewhere there was one at New York Penn Station. Is this true?

Bleedred is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:46 PM
  #480
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I heard somewhere there was one at New York Penn Station. Is this true?
Yup. Go up the escalator from the LIRR, make the right to go up the stairs/escalator up to the main entrance to the Garden. It's at the top of the escalator, right next to the street entrance from I believe 7th avenue.

Been there once, don't understand why I've been there once.

Owns Dunkin Donuts.

I also believe there is one on the main strip (the long hallway by LIRR) in Penn Station

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:46 PM
  #481
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,695
vCash: 50
I wouldn't know. I don't go to the city nearly enough. Way too expensive.

Bob Richards is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:51 PM
  #482
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callys Chicken Parm View Post
Yup. Go up the escalator from the LIRR, make the right to go up the stairs/escalator up to the main entrance to the Garden. It's at the top of the escalator, right next to the street entrance from I believe 7th avenue.

Been there once, don't understand why I've been there once.

Owns Dunkin Donuts.

I also believe there is one on the main strip (the long hallway by LIRR) in Penn Station
Yes you're right. OMG I live in Buffalo so Tim Hortons is crack to me.

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE... I'm coming down the week after xmas. anyone wanna meet up and hang out? Pleeeease?

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:52 PM
  #483
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,695
vCash: 50
I would but your damn city is too expensive.

Bob Richards is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:54 PM
  #484
Bleedred
Pete still coach?
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 33,330
vCash: 500
I used to go to MSG once a year usually, and take the train in. That's when I still lived in Jersey though. I'll make it a point to check it out if I ever get back there again.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:54 PM
  #485
Cresto
Much Disappoint
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,484
vCash: 500
As a Canadian, I don't see what the excitement is over Tim Hortons. The only thing I get there are donuts and their breakfast English Muffin sandwiches

Cresto is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:56 PM
  #486
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,695
vCash: 50
I've been to MSG exactly once.

Clearly I'm the best Rangers fan ever.

Bob Richards is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 11:05 PM
  #487
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I would but your damn city is too expensive.
We're just gonna end up walking around and some stuff. I'm a poor UB student. Take NJT down, will meet up in NYP... im using Amtrak

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 11:17 PM
  #488
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
When Tim Horton's takes over the coast, I'll be happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
We're just gonna end up walking around and some stuff. I'm a poor UB student. Take NJT down, will meet up in NYP... im using Amtrak
I know my way around the city and love going in and just walking around to take in random sites, especially in December. I may be game to come in and spend the day in the city, simply because the train ride in isn't bad and I'm probably going to do something similar around that time anyways. If you need a 'tour guide' I might be your man.

SERE 24 is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 11:20 PM
  #489
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I've been to MSG exactly once.

Clearly I'm the best Rangers fan ever.
Yeah that's weak. I've been easily between 5-15 times per year, every year for about 18 years. It never loses its luster, so to speak; I'm always excited when I go. Playoff games are unreal. Literally, you could get addicted to the high of attending playoff games at the garden.

SERE 24 is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 11:34 PM
  #490
Bleedred
Pete still coach?
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 33,330
vCash: 500
If one of you wants to be my bodyguard at MSG, I'll be yours at Prudential Center!

No but seriously I've never had any problems, but some harmless playful heckling. My buddy who's been going there longer than I have went to every Devils/Rangers game at MSG last season including the playoffs. He said the sketchiest he felt in all his years of going there as a Devils fan was the disallowed goal in the last few seconds.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 11:36 PM
  #491
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
So overrated. It's not even that good.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 11:40 PM
  #492
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
If one of you wants to be my bodyguard at MSG, I'll be yours at Prudential Center!

No but seriously I've never had any problems, but some harmless playful heckling. My buddy who's been going there longer than I have went to every Devils/Rangers game at MSG last season including the playoffs. He said the sketchiest he felt in all his years of going there as a Devils fan was the disallowed goal in the last few seconds.
I go to some games at the rock as well. Not even all of them are against the Rangers. My college team played there a few times as well in my last couple of seasons. Actually I went to a preseason game at the Prudential Center last year and sat behind all of our prospects who weren't dressed for that game. McIlrath, McColgan, Bourque, Miller and a bunch of others. Was pretty cool observing them as a group, all in their suits, constantly texting, eating enormous quantities of junk food in the stands.

SERE 24 is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 11:45 PM
  #493
Bleedred
Pete still coach?
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 33,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
I go to some games at the rock as well. Not even all of them are against the Rangers. My college team played there a few times as well in my last couple of seasons. Actually I went to a preseason game at the Prudential Center last year and sat behind all of our prospects who weren't dressed for that game. McIlrath, McColgan, Bourque, Miller and a bunch of others. Was pretty cool observing them as a group, all in their suits, constantly texting, eating enormous quantities of junk food in the stands.
I saw almost every regular season, and playoff game at Prudential Center from opening night there in 07 up till the last day of the regular season in 2011, because I moved. Still went to a few last year when I visited, and all the games in the Florida series. I think the only regular season or playoff game I missed was one in 07 during the week between Christmas, and New Years cause I was down here on vacation.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 12:05 AM
  #494
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨
 
Kane One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 27,536
vCash: 2960
You guys need to watch Argo. It's one of the best movies I ever watched.

__________________
Kane One is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 01:22 AM
  #495
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
I know my way around the city and love going in and just walking around to take in random sites, especially in December. I may be game to come in and spend the day in the city, simply because the train ride in isn't bad and I'm probably going to do something similar around that time anyways. If you need a 'tour guide' I might be your man.
Probably not a tour guide but to just go around and re visit some stuff since I last was here. Would be nice to get some guys from HFNYR together to hang out too

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 01:59 AM
  #496
Cresto
Much Disappoint
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,484
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
Probably not a tour guide but to just go around and re visit some stuff since I last was here. Would be nice to get some guys from HFNYR together to hang out too
Lovely group of people.

Cresto is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 07:01 AM
  #497
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,695
vCash: 50
Con Air is now probably the greatest movie ever made.

Bob Richards is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 07:05 AM
  #498
JeffMangum
Ra shi da
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 55,748
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I've been to MSG exactly once.

Clearly I'm the best Rangers fan ever.
I've never been to a game at MSG. I can't afford it.

So don't ***** bruh.

__________________

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 07:11 AM
  #499
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,695
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
I've never been to a game at MSG. I can't afford it.

So don't ***** bruh.
I just can't afford both the tickets and travel and most of my friends don't care for hockey so I'd end up going alone anyway.

Bob Richards is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 09:10 AM
  #500
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
So glad my girlfriend (aka future wife) loves hockey; we do things like get a hotel in Montreal, get tickets to a Habs game and then drive up on a Thursday, see a game on Friday, spend Sat/Sun in the city and drive home Monday (and that's WHY she's future wife). We do something like that 1-2 times per year, trying to get to a home game for every NHL team. We've done Montreal, Boston, New Jersey, NYI, NYR, Philadelphia, Washington, Atlanta and Pittsburgh. She knows more about hockey than some HF posters. She was devastated when Dubi got traded though; if there was a season I would have gotten her a new jersey for Xmas. Traveling to games together is like one of the corner stones of our relationship. She's the best.



Last edited by SERE 24: 12-12-2012 at 09:35 AM.
SERE 24 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.