HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT Thread Part VII : Tips and Tricks Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-11-2012, 10:38 PM
  #476
Bleedred
Waive Bone Dust
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The urn of Zubrus
Country: United States
Posts: 40,066
vCash: 500
Never eaten at a Tim Horton's before! The most exposure I've had is seeing it advertised along the boards.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:39 PM
  #477
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 51,680
vCash: 50
I've never had Tim Horton's.

__________________


"New day, new hope. Richards Buyout 2014". -Ail
Bob Richards is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:43 PM
  #478
TCRF
RICK. GNASH
 
TCRF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 19,582
vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Never eaten at a Tim Horton's before! The most exposure I've had is seeing it advertised along the boards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I've never had Tim Horton's.
What is wrong with you people? Well Bleed and BR, when you visit me I can take you to every single one of them if you fancy that

TCRF is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:45 PM
  #479
Bleedred
Waive Bone Dust
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The urn of Zubrus
Country: United States
Posts: 40,066
vCash: 500
I heard somewhere there was one at New York Penn Station. Is this true?

Bleedred is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:46 PM
  #480
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I heard somewhere there was one at New York Penn Station. Is this true?
Yup. Go up the escalator from the LIRR, make the right to go up the stairs/escalator up to the main entrance to the Garden. It's at the top of the escalator, right next to the street entrance from I believe 7th avenue.

Been there once, don't understand why I've been there once.

Owns Dunkin Donuts.

I also believe there is one on the main strip (the long hallway by LIRR) in Penn Station

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:46 PM
  #481
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 51,680
vCash: 50
I wouldn't know. I don't go to the city nearly enough. Way too expensive.

Bob Richards is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:51 PM
  #482
TCRF
RICK. GNASH
 
TCRF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 19,582
vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callys Chicken Parm View Post
Yup. Go up the escalator from the LIRR, make the right to go up the stairs/escalator up to the main entrance to the Garden. It's at the top of the escalator, right next to the street entrance from I believe 7th avenue.

Been there once, don't understand why I've been there once.

Owns Dunkin Donuts.

I also believe there is one on the main strip (the long hallway by LIRR) in Penn Station
Yes you're right. OMG I live in Buffalo so Tim Hortons is crack to me.

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE... I'm coming down the week after xmas. anyone wanna meet up and hang out? Pleeeease?

TCRF is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:52 PM
  #483
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 51,680
vCash: 50
I would but your damn city is too expensive.

Bob Richards is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:54 PM
  #484
Bleedred
Waive Bone Dust
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The urn of Zubrus
Country: United States
Posts: 40,066
vCash: 500
I used to go to MSG once a year usually, and take the train in. That's when I still lived in Jersey though. I'll make it a point to check it out if I ever get back there again.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:54 PM
  #485
Lerb
Registered User
 
Lerb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,438
vCash: 500
As a Canadian, I don't see what the excitement is over Tim Hortons. The only thing I get there are donuts and their breakfast English Muffin sandwiches

Lerb is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:56 PM
  #486
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 51,680
vCash: 50
I've been to MSG exactly once.

Clearly I'm the best Rangers fan ever.

Bob Richards is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 11:05 PM
  #487
TCRF
RICK. GNASH
 
TCRF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 19,582
vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I would but your damn city is too expensive.
We're just gonna end up walking around and some stuff. I'm a poor UB student. Take NJT down, will meet up in NYP... im using Amtrak

TCRF is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 11:17 PM
  #488
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...
 
Ollie Queen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 10,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
When Tim Horton's takes over the coast, I'll be happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
We're just gonna end up walking around and some stuff. I'm a poor UB student. Take NJT down, will meet up in NYP... im using Amtrak
I know my way around the city and love going in and just walking around to take in random sites, especially in December. I may be game to come in and spend the day in the city, simply because the train ride in isn't bad and I'm probably going to do something similar around that time anyways. If you need a 'tour guide' I might be your man.

Ollie Queen is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 11:20 PM
  #489
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...
 
Ollie Queen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 10,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I've been to MSG exactly once.

Clearly I'm the best Rangers fan ever.
Yeah that's weak. I've been easily between 5-15 times per year, every year for about 18 years. It never loses its luster, so to speak; I'm always excited when I go. Playoff games are unreal. Literally, you could get addicted to the high of attending playoff games at the garden.

Ollie Queen is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 11:34 PM
  #490
Bleedred
Waive Bone Dust
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The urn of Zubrus
Country: United States
Posts: 40,066
vCash: 500
If one of you wants to be my bodyguard at MSG, I'll be yours at Prudential Center!

No but seriously I've never had any problems, but some harmless playful heckling. My buddy who's been going there longer than I have went to every Devils/Rangers game at MSG last season including the playoffs. He said the sketchiest he felt in all his years of going there as a Devils fan was the disallowed goal in the last few seconds.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 11:36 PM
  #491
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
So overrated. It's not even that good.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 11:40 PM
  #492
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...
 
Ollie Queen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 10,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
If one of you wants to be my bodyguard at MSG, I'll be yours at Prudential Center!

No but seriously I've never had any problems, but some harmless playful heckling. My buddy who's been going there longer than I have went to every Devils/Rangers game at MSG last season including the playoffs. He said the sketchiest he felt in all his years of going there as a Devils fan was the disallowed goal in the last few seconds.
I go to some games at the rock as well. Not even all of them are against the Rangers. My college team played there a few times as well in my last couple of seasons. Actually I went to a preseason game at the Prudential Center last year and sat behind all of our prospects who weren't dressed for that game. McIlrath, McColgan, Bourque, Miller and a bunch of others. Was pretty cool observing them as a group, all in their suits, constantly texting, eating enormous quantities of junk food in the stands.

Ollie Queen is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 11:45 PM
  #493
Bleedred
Waive Bone Dust
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The urn of Zubrus
Country: United States
Posts: 40,066
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
I go to some games at the rock as well. Not even all of them are against the Rangers. My college team played there a few times as well in my last couple of seasons. Actually I went to a preseason game at the Prudential Center last year and sat behind all of our prospects who weren't dressed for that game. McIlrath, McColgan, Bourque, Miller and a bunch of others. Was pretty cool observing them as a group, all in their suits, constantly texting, eating enormous quantities of junk food in the stands.
I saw almost every regular season, and playoff game at Prudential Center from opening night there in 07 up till the last day of the regular season in 2011, because I moved. Still went to a few last year when I visited, and all the games in the Florida series. I think the only regular season or playoff game I missed was one in 07 during the week between Christmas, and New Years cause I was down here on vacation.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 12:05 AM
  #494
Kane One
HFB Partner
 
Kane One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 31,400
vCash: 2550
You guys need to watch Argo. It's one of the best movies I ever watched.

__________________
Kane One is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 01:22 AM
  #495
TCRF
RICK. GNASH
 
TCRF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 19,582
vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
I know my way around the city and love going in and just walking around to take in random sites, especially in December. I may be game to come in and spend the day in the city, simply because the train ride in isn't bad and I'm probably going to do something similar around that time anyways. If you need a 'tour guide' I might be your man.
Probably not a tour guide but to just go around and re visit some stuff since I last was here. Would be nice to get some guys from HFNYR together to hang out too

TCRF is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 01:59 AM
  #496
Lerb
Registered User
 
Lerb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
Probably not a tour guide but to just go around and re visit some stuff since I last was here. Would be nice to get some guys from HFNYR together to hang out too
Lovely group of people.

Lerb is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 07:01 AM
  #497
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 51,680
vCash: 50
Con Air is now probably the greatest movie ever made.

Bob Richards is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 07:05 AM
  #498
Alvvays
I know u u cant sing
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 60,582
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I've been to MSG exactly once.

Clearly I'm the best Rangers fan ever.
I've never been to a game at MSG. I can't afford it.

So don't ***** bruh.

Alvvays is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 07:11 AM
  #499
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 51,680
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
I've never been to a game at MSG. I can't afford it.

So don't ***** bruh.
I just can't afford both the tickets and travel and most of my friends don't care for hockey so I'd end up going alone anyway.

Bob Richards is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 09:10 AM
  #500
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...
 
Ollie Queen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 10,392
vCash: 500
So glad my girlfriend (aka future wife) loves hockey; we do things like get a hotel in Montreal, get tickets to a Habs game and then drive up on a Thursday, see a game on Friday, spend Sat/Sun in the city and drive home Monday (and that's WHY she's future wife). We do something like that 1-2 times per year, trying to get to a home game for every NHL team. We've done Montreal, Boston, New Jersey, NYI, NYR, Philadelphia, Washington, Atlanta and Pittsburgh. She knows more about hockey than some HF posters. She was devastated when Dubi got traded though; if there was a season I would have gotten her a new jersey for Xmas. Traveling to games together is like one of the corner stones of our relationship. She's the best.



Last edited by Ollie Queen: 12-12-2012 at 09:35 AM.
Ollie Queen is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.