HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia 76ers (NBA): Season starts Nov. 1 at WAS; home opener Nov. 2 vs. CHI

Closed Thread

Old
11-16-2012, 12:14 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
The offense is a mess. Trying to watch them run any sort of play is painful. Forced shots, out of rhythm, no penetration, all jump shots. It's nice when guys are hitting shots, but its like teams that hit HRs in baseball, you just can't count on it every game.
Yeah they are pretty disorganized right now ..their lack of offense is really hurting them. If they get that going though they will be ok..they really need Bynum on the inside b/c they are pretty weak as a team physically and the outside option is not something to depend on all the time. Collins even came out and said it. Also, they need some more energy players like Lou Williams was....Collins couldn't really ID any when he was asked in the last presser. Actually, Collins pointed out all their weaknesses. They need a middle presence PERIOD! Until that donut hole is filled they will need to make sure their shooting is operating on all cylinders to stay in the playoff race while Bynum is nursing his knee and getting weird hairdos...

Old
11-16-2012, 01:38 PM
FLYguy3911

They have no rebounders either. Opponents get so many second chance opportunities.

Old
11-16-2012, 01:42 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
They have no rebounders either. Opponents get so many second chance opportunities.
Hence the lack of physicality as a team..let's see how they handle Utah

Old
11-16-2012, 01:55 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
Hence the lack of physicality as a team..let's see how they handle Utah
Lol. Jefferson, Millsap, Favors, and Kanter. I have a feeling they are going to get a clinic on rebounding. I don't know why Moultrie doesn't at least get some minutes with Bynum out. He was a good rebounder in college. Can't hurt to give him a shot. I remember Lavoy was stuck at the end of the bench for a good month or so last year and look what happened when he got his shot.

Old
11-16-2012, 02:20 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Lol. Jefferson, Millsap, Favors, and Kanter. I have a feeling they are going to get a clinic on rebounding. I don't know why Moultrie doesn't at least get some minutes with Bynum out. He was a good rebounder in college. Can't hurt to give him a shot. I remember Lavoy was stuck at the end of the bench for a good month or so last year and look what happened when he got his shot.
Yeah it could be ugly...they pretty much have to play like the old run and gun Georgia Tech teams and make every shot count b/c second chances will be at a premium against Utah. Evan Turner at some point is probably going to be bumped into the stands.

Collins is old school when it comes to young players ...it seems from his standpoint they need to earn his confidence and their minutes and not by default (body of work judged in practice..kind of like Lavy). Kind of a double edged sword I suppose being that he's a rookie and if he's benched how can he earn his keep if he's not playing enough in a real world scenario.

Heck Iggy is on record as saying Collins stifled him from an offensive perspective....some of his argument seemed legit but then again Iggy is what he is...he's no offensive juggernaut regardless of how much he said he worked on his shooting and thought he could have contributed more...

Last edited by FreshPerspective: 11-16-2012 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Evan Turner..not Evans
Old
11-16-2012, 07:40 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

Welp, Bynum had a set back and is out indefinitely. We all knew his proneness to injury was one of the cons in the deal. So none of this is unexpected.

Let's hope he plays at all this year. As upset as I was that we included Harkless, the trade was still a win-win. You were either getting an elite C or a lot of cap space. Right now cap space is ahead in the race.

Old
11-16-2012, 08:02 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRep TheWingedWheel View Post
Welp, Bynum had a set back and is out indefinitely. We all knew his proneness to injury was one of the cons in the deal. So none of this is unexpected.

Let's hope he plays at all this year. As upset as I was that we included Harkless, the trade was still a win-win. You were either getting an elite C or a lot of cap space. Right now cap space is ahead in the race.
Yup...looks like damaged goods...Jeff Ruland redux. Bruise in both knees now. Jeesh Sixers have as much luck with centers as the Flyers do with goalies...

Old
11-18-2012, 12:50 AM
RussianRocket10

Bynum hurt from bowling.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/86...etback-bowling

Old
11-18-2012, 08:46 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
BB

Bowling Bynum...

Well at least the Sixers will have a lot of cap space or they'll sign him to the max contract like dopes after playing a few games. Then it will be like when we had Weber and just recently Brand...

Old
11-18-2012, 10:51 AM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

Bynum might not play 1 game this season and will still get a max deal.

And it wouldn't surprise me if we gave it too him just because we have a ton of cap space and no one to use it on. It will be exactly like Brand.

The only 3 good FAs this summer are Howard, Bynum and Brandon Jennings. The rest are role players. We aint getting Howard and won't sign Jennings because we have Holiday.

Old
11-18-2012, 11:08 AM
MRxBLACK
ESPN Sucks

vCash: 50
What a horrible situation this is. It's the only way to describe it.

Old
11-18-2012, 03:36 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:

And it wouldn't surprise me if we gave it too him just because we have a ton of cap space and no one to use it on. It will be exactly like Brand.

The only 3 good FAs this summer are Howard, Bynum and Brandon Jennings. The rest are role players. We aint getting Howard and won't sign Jennings because we have Holiday.
Ellis, Jefferson, Millsap are also FAs off the top of my head. They have cap space but the hard part is going to be convincing guys to play here. They'll likely have to overpay to do that.

Old
11-19-2012, 10:10 AM
Snotbubbles

Quote:

It doens't have to be used this offseason.

It's a shame, because Billy King was starting to turn things around with this franchise in terms of cap space flexibility and then that dolt Stephanski went and signed Brand and Iguodala and locked us in to this mediocrity.

Old
11-19-2012, 10:13 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

What gets under my skin is that the Lakers , despite their recent problems, always come out smelling like a rose. They dumped Bynum after getting what they could from him and probably knew his health would be a problem going forward.

If Bynum turns out to be a medical basket case, even the Orlando Magic with Harkless might wind up winning out on that big trade even though they were tabbed as the clear cut losers.

I know the argument is that the Sixers kind of had no choice and it was a bit of a no-brainer move..I'm starting to wonder now especially if they sign him to the max long term. If he's constantly injured and the Sixers have that anchor of a contract..the fans are going to go ballistic. It also doesn't help that Bynum has a bit of a rogue reputation. This bowling incident doesn't help even if it's a freak injury...

Last edited by FreshPerspective: 11-21-2012 at 01:17 PM. Reason: sp, etc.
Old
11-21-2012, 09:22 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

So now supposedly the latest is that Bynum might not play the entire season..LOL!

Saw it on Comcast Sportsnet...

Old
11-21-2012, 10:16 PM
mm6492

Quote:
So now supposedly the latest is that Bynum might not play the entire season..LOL!

Saw it on Comcast Sportsnet...
Vucevic is averaging 10 points, 10 rebounds, and a block now that he is getting playing time in Orlando...

Old
11-22-2012, 10:01 AM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

Bynum is like Greg Oden, Brandon Roy, Chris Webber and Jeff Ruland all rolled into one.

Old
11-22-2012, 11:12 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5872
They're not signing Bynum to a max contract after essentially missing a whole season. He's going to be done within 3 years.

Old
11-26-2012, 01:04 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Don't Write Off Andrew Bynum Just Yet

Well this author seems to think he's sticking around despite all the red flags..

Quote:
Yeah, the news is pretty bad. With Saturday's revelation from GM Tony DiLeo that all timetables for Andrew Bynum's return—to the 76ers, to basketball activity, to a quasi-normal hair level—have been put on hold, it appears that most of our worst fears about Bynum have been confirmed (or at the very least, validated). Nothing is certain yet, but it's seeming more and more probable that all of the following are the case:

1. Andrew Bynum will very likely not play a single minute for the Philadelphia 76ers this regular season.

2. If the team makes the playoffs, Bynum will very likely not play with them in the post-season.

3. In the off-season, Bynum will very likely still land a high, possibly max-level contract in free agency, which the Sixers will have to decide whether to match and/or exceed without having seen him play in a year (and never for the 76ers).

4. If the Sixers do sign Bynum to a deal in the off-season, he'll very likely still be recovering from injury (or from the eventual season-ending surgery he might have later this year) and will not be ready opening day or for some time into the season.

5. If the Sixers do re-sign Bynum and he eventually does return to the lineup, there's no guarantee he will ever be fully healthy (or fully at the level he was playing at eight months ago), and he will very likely continue to miss significant chunks of playing time for the remainder of his career.

Yeah, it's like that. Yet even with all that said—and it's a whole lot to say, for sure—I'm still going to try to tell you why it's too early to close the book on Andrew Bynum as a Philadelphia 76er, and why the team very likely will and/or should pursue re-signing him in the off-season, despite all the countless risks and red flags.

http://www.the700level.com/basketbal...07&feedID=9063

Old
11-26-2012, 01:17 PM
MRxBLACK
ESPN Sucks

There has to be a way for the sixers to protect themselves financially and still have Bynum get his money. How about 2 years guaranteed and then 2-3 years of team options? Not sure if thats allowed though. It's too much of a risk to give this guy 5 years at the max amount.

Old
11-26-2012, 01:59 PM
RussianRocket10

Holiday was awesome last night.

Old
11-29-2012, 03:22 PM
PhilaFlyers

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
They're not signing Bynum to a max contract after essentially missing a whole season. He's going to be done within 3 years.
Another team might though....

Old
12-10-2012, 12:16 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

So Evan Turner seems to be turning a corner and proving his critics which included me..wrong. I welcome it considering he was a number 2 pick. Supposedly he started off slow in HS and College as well...he's a perfectionist that needs to get used to his surroundings. Hopefully, it continues but Sixers need that center position filled to do anything if they make the playoffs. I would not sign Bynum regardless but I suspect he'll try to play by the end of the year and into the playoffs (if the Sixers make it) and try and get his payout...

Old
12-11-2012, 07:31 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

ESPN's Bayless: Sixers suckers in Bynum trade

LOL....just what I feared. Sad sad sad.....

Quote:
Bayless, one of the hosts on ESPN’s “First Take,” said on Tuesday’s show that the Sixers were the suckers in the four-team trade that landed Dwight Howard with the foundering Los Angeles Lakers.

“I spoke the other day to a very reliable Sixers source - I spoke to somebody I trust - who told me and confirmed to me Andrew Bynum’s knees are shot,” Bayless said. “We’re talking about beyond repair, progressive arthritis, deep degeneration, unfixable.

“The source said that he will try to play,” Bayless continued. “He might even occasionally over the next year or two have a decent game here and there. But long-term this will get only worse – only worse. So bottom line, the Sixers got taken in this trade that ultimately landed Dwight Howard in Los Angeles.”

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/d...183074511.html

Old
12-11-2012, 10:53 PM
MRxBLACK
ESPN Sucks

Quote:
LOL....just what I feared. Sad sad sad.....
Bayless is the biggest joke on ESPN. But back to Bynum, lets wait until a doctor's report comes out.

How about that 4 team trade though. So far Iguodala is underperforming in Denver, Bynum hasn't even played, and the Lakers are a huge bust so far.

Closed Thread