HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues Forum Lounge Thread (Home of All Things OT)

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2012, 05:17 PM
Thekidline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfan94 View Post
Who scored lots and lots of points and also managed to recruit the most highly rated recruit in Mizzou history.
Mixed feelings on this... Ya mizzou's offense was amazing and fun to watch over the years but this year they were way to predictable and many offensive players seemed to be confused way to often. This isnt necessarily on yost. Overall changes had to be made to the style of offense that mizzou runs if they want to compete in the SEC. Whether this means small tweaks to the spread or abandoning it completely. My opinion on this wont really be made until we find out who the new coordinator will be.

Old
12-04-2012, 09:27 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfan94 View Post
Who scored lots and lots of points and also managed to recruit the most highly rated recruit in Mizzou history.
Dave Christensen was the offensive architect to our success, not Yost. I also seriously doubt Gabbert and DGB came to Mizzou because of Yost's recruiting. He might have played a role, but I doubt it was a decisive one.

My main problems were:

1. Run plays were way too predictable.

2. Players were not used to their best abilities. Moe, DGB, and Washington in particular. Too many times Moe and DGB were rotated out and not allowed to get the ball in space and make people miss like they are capable off.

3. There was zero adapting to what was happening. Our offense was way to easy for the opposition to stop.

These were issues that have been affecting the team over the past few seasons. If we promote from within, I doubt the issues will be solved. We need to hire a spread guy from outside, so we can get some new ideas to tweak the system.

Next season we will have Josey and Murphy at running back to go along with DGB, Washington, Lucas, and Hunt at receiver, so we have plenty of weapons. Whether we have a healthy Franklin or an impressive Mauk, we have the potential for a very good offense, especially with the experience that the offensive line gained. I still think the system is in desperate need of some tweaks, as it has been identical for multiple seasons, and by identical, I mean predictable.

Old
12-04-2012, 11:23 PM
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

Would've been interesting to see Mizzou this year with a healthy backfield

Old
12-04-2012, 11:46 PM
Thekidline

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Dave Christensen was the offensive architect to our success, not Yost. I also seriously doubt Gabbert and DGB came to Mizzou because of Yost's recruiting. He might have played a role, but I doubt it was a decisive one.

My main problems were:

1. Run plays were way too predictable.

2. Players were not used to their best abilities. Moe, DGB, and Washington in particular. Too many times Moe and DGB were rotated out and not allowed to get the ball in space and make people miss like they are capable off.

3. There was zero adapting to what was happening. Our offense was way to easy for the opposition to stop.

These were issues that have been affecting the team over the past few seasons. If we promote from within, I doubt the issues will be solved. We need to hire a spread guy from outside, so we can get some new ideas to tweak the system.

Next season we will have Josey and Murphy at running back to go along with DGB, Washington, Lucas, and Hunt at receiver, so we have plenty of weapons. Whether we have a healthy Franklin or an impressive Mauk, we have the potential for a very good offense, especially with the experience that the offensive line gained. I still think the system is in desperate need of some tweaks, as it has been identical for multiple seasons, and by identical, I mean predictable.
Maybe something similar to the type of spread offense that florida ran well under meyer? worked well in the SEC obviously.

Old
12-12-2012, 12:33 AM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Cards dumped Schumaker for a bag of peanuts. I knew it was coming but it's really a shame. He's twice the player Daniel Descalso can ever hope to be.

Old
12-12-2012, 01:05 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
Cards dumped Schumaker for a bag of peanuts. I knew it was coming but it's really a shame. He's twice the player Daniel Descalso can ever hope to be.
We did trade Edmonds for what seemed to be used softballs, but it turned out to be David Freese.

Old
12-12-2012, 01:12 AM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Quote:
We did trade Edmonds for what seemed to be used softballs, but it turned out to be David Freese.
Fair point. Speaking more with my heart than with my brain at this point. Skip's been one of my favorites since he's been here.

Old
12-12-2012, 01:22 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Fair point. Speaking more with my heart than with my brain at this point. Skip's been one of my favorites since he's been here.
I agree though. He should be our starter and Descalso should be on the bench. I'll be made if Descalso is an opening day starter. He is a good bench player, but that is about it. Might as well try and see the positive side of things though.

Old
12-12-2012, 09:35 AM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

I guess I'm the only one who thinks more of Descalso than Schumaker.

I don't know, I've never been a fan of Skip. Either way I can't wait for Kolten Wong. There hasn't been a good 2B here since Grudzielanek.

Old
12-12-2012, 10:08 AM
SirPaste

I dont think Mo is done by any means, I would bet that we make a move for another middle infielder at some point, either getting a 2B or another SS and moving Furcal to 2B. Probably the latter as Wong will be ready soon and we really only need a short term solution at second.

Old
12-12-2012, 01:20 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inglorious One View Post

I don't know, I've never been a fan of Skip. Either way I can't wait for Kolten Wong. There hasn't been a good 2B here since Grudzielanek.
So true.

Old
12-12-2012, 07:45 PM
Krishna

We are organizing a most handsome player in the league poll tournament for the poll board, could you guys give me 3 of the most handsome players on the team?

We are doing a 68 player tournament and are doing 2 from each team with 8 players as wildcards.

Old
12-12-2012, 07:50 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Backes and Oshie are the obvious ones, a girl is gonna have to come up with the 3rd.

Old
12-12-2012, 08:01 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

My friend says Matt D'Agostini is cute?

Sorry not much help here.

Old
12-12-2012, 08:08 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Backes and Oshie are the obvious ones, a girl is gonna have to come up with the 3rd.
Quote:
My friend says Matt D'Agostini is cute?

Sorry not much help here.
Thanks for the help guys

Old
12-12-2012, 11:12 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Sorry if this is too late to matter, but my girlfriend seems to have quite the crush on Kris Russell.

Old
12-13-2012, 09:18 AM
SirPaste

Girls love Oshie and Berglund

Old
12-14-2012, 12:42 PM
SirPaste

Cards signed Ty Wigginton to a 2 year deal, not sure I like this one.

Old
12-14-2012, 01:45 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

I like it. He's got decent pop off the bench, and can play third, second, and first. If and when one of our injury prone infielders goes down, we have a solid replacement. Only five million total over 2 years. Pretty limited risk, potentially big reward.

Old
12-14-2012, 03:08 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

Quote:
I like it. He's got decent pop off the bench, and can play third, second, and first. If and when one of our injury prone infielders goes down, we have a solid replacement. Only five million total over 2 years. Pretty limited risk, potentially big reward.
Yeah, we cold really use someone with some pop off of the bench. He can back up a few positions as well. His hitting has declined and the price was a little high, but it fills a need.

Old
12-14-2012, 03:33 PM
rumrokh
I Bleed Blue

Quote:

I like Schumaker, but I agree, Descalso is a better second baseman, has a way better knack for timely hits, and plays his best whether he's being platooned or playing full-time. Schumaker's only advantage is that he's a better outfielder, which the Cardinals don't need.

As for Wigginton, I see no problem. Insurance depth goes a long way when so many key players are injury-prone.

Old
12-14-2012, 09:03 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

I refuse to believe that this sunday is the last home game for Steven Jackson.

....Hopefully I'm right and not just in denial

Old
12-14-2012, 11:12 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Quote:
I refuse to believe that this sunday is the last home game for Steven Jackson.

....Hopefully I'm right and not just in denial
It's sad, but if anyone deserves a shot at winning a Superbowl, it's him. He's been on an absolute garbage team his entire career and has done nothing but give it everything he's got every single week. He is the embodiment of a professional. It will be tough to see him in another uniform, but I'll root for him regardless where he goes.

Old
12-15-2012, 08:07 AM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

Yeah I'll be rooting for S-Jax no matter where he goes.

I think there is a real chance he stays with the way the Rams are turning things around. If they finish 8-7-1 or 9-6-1, I could see him coming back

Old
12-15-2012, 10:15 AM
Blues0307

According to Howard Balzer, the Rams record since Steven Jackson was drafted is 37-97-1. The Rams have never had a winning season in that time. If anyone deserves to go to a playoff contender it's Steven Jackson....but I hope he stays next year.

Closed Thread