HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

The Thread About Nothing Part 184: Surprised Panda Is Surprised

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-11-2012, 09:10 PM
  #476
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus
 
Zubrus Coffee Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cobourg, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Man View Post
What are the green chips?

I never eat them.
Poison.

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 09:12 PM
  #477
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.
 
njdevsfn95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 29,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
In England they call them crisps. And they're so much stranger, and totally better.

Thai Sweet Chili? Check. Prawn? Awesome. Curry Lime Pickle? You heard right. I almost smuggled a case bag into 'Merica.
How silly of me as the chips were found in a Waitrose on Edgware Rd.



so they were crisps but labeled as chips so they fail english

njdevsfn95 is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 09:16 PM
  #478
Jersey Man
Mad Dog
 
Jersey Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 14,213
vCash: 500
My management professor said something that the FDA turns a blind eye on cans of tuna fish that have hairs from rats in it? He was being dead serious and I need to know if this is true.

Fortunately, I don't eat canned tuna fish.

Jersey Man is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 09:25 PM
  #479
Cowbell232
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevsfn95 View Post
How silly of me as the chips were found in a Waitrose on Edgware Rd.



so they were crisps but labeled as chips so they fail english
Yeah, it was a mix at Waitrose, but apparently the one near where I was (by Canary Wharf/Tower Bridge) was really new. Tesco's was a lot more just crisps... whatever.

The best were seriously the Curry Lime Pickle from Pret. Thai Sweet Chili a close #2, but that's a little easier to find here.

__________________
"Why I'll be a Devil forever [...] two words. Trust and respect." - Mr. Pat Burns
"I learned not to question Cowbell's willingness to ban." - Brian Boyle
Cowbell232 is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 09:27 PM
  #480
Cowbell232
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliasFTW View Post
Brown chips are made from russet potatos that are refrigerated to produce extra sugars.
That actually sounds awesome. I'm going to look into this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I've always wondered this too. I never eat them.
Green chips sound like they probably are the opposite.... haha

Cowbell232 is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 09:28 PM
  #481
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post
1 bottle of water
1 ramen packet
i can't afford anything else
Lets combine funds for some water, ramen and some Buffalo wings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
2 racks of ribs
A few ice cold Diet Dr Pepper's.
A nice swim in my pool.

#Lockoutproblems

LOL that really was my dinner tonight, and I really did take a swim in the pool. I figured when comparing it to what Rhodes had though the #lockoutproblems would fit!
Save some ribs, I'm coming over.

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 09:34 PM
  #482
Bleedred
Pete still coach?
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 33,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
Lets combine funds for some water, ramen and some Buffalo wings.

Save some ribs, I'm coming over.
All gone sorry! I finished them off! In one sitting too.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 09:41 PM
  #483
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
All gone sorry! I finished them off! In one sitting too.
Well next time, be ready to pick me up. I could go for some ribs.

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 09:46 PM
  #484
yakitate304
Crunch Time
 
yakitate304's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NY
Country: St Lucia
Posts: 13,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post
1 bottle of water
1 ramen packet
i can't afford anything else
I'm about to class this mother****er up.

I present to you my "HOLY **** THAT IS SOME GOOD ASS RAMEN" Ramen.

-4.5 cups of water, to a boil over medium heat
-2 bricks of Maruchan Ramen (flavor doesn't matter, I buy Chicken in bulk - the flavor packet gets trashed)
-3 tablespoons of chili powder (I use Mccormick's because that's what I have)
-a tiny sliver of beef bouillon (1 cube lasts about 5 days if I make it every day)
-1 heaping tablespoon of minced garlic (I have a 32oz jar of pre-minced garlic from Berkley & Jensen for convenience)
-Onion flakes (preferable) or onion powder
-1 tablespoon of cayenne powder, OR 2 tablespoons of Sriracha
-a little bit of black pepper
-3 eggs

Put the water over medium heat. While you're waiting for it to boil, throw in everything the ramen and eggs. Try to wait until just before it boils to put in the bouillon since it sometimes won't break down. Stir. Once it's boiling, turn to low-mid heat and throw in the 2 ramen bricks for 2:30. Cover it, checking once a minute to make sure the noodles separate. While you wait, crack 3 eggs into a bowl and beat them. Once 2:30 is up, turn the flame off and STIR everything in a circular motion while you slowly drizzle the eggs in. The soup will cook the eggs within 30 seconds.

Dump it into a big ass bowl and eat that ****.



Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwo2 View Post
You know what most women love about winter?

Those same damn peacoats that cover their butt so pervs can't stare at their azzes anymore.
Personally, I love the look of a nice peacoat...

Although my favorite piece of clothing is the pencil skirt.

yakitate304 is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:32 PM
  #485
Bleedred
Pete still coach?
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 33,054
vCash: 500
I've been eating like a king since the lockout. I left that out of my interview with Rhodes as it's useless, and unnecessary information!

Still doesn't anywhere near equal money I've not spent on tickets, or plane tickets to go to Jersey for the holidays, and catch some Devils games while I'm up.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:32 PM
  #486
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,612
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zubrus Coffee Maker View Post
Poison.
I knew it. Lays is evil.

__________________
"New day, new hope. Richards Buyout 2014". -Ail
Bob Richards is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 12:03 AM
  #487
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,441
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
Works slow here for me. Probably will be til the end of the year.

I'm ok with that.
It's the best time of the year. Everyone else is taking their paid time off, so I don't have to do anything while I'm at work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick0930 View Post
You know what I hate about winter? Most women wear those damn peacoats that cover their butt.
Some can pull off the look really well and look cute enough that it doesn't matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Man View Post
My management professor said something that the FDA turns a blind eye on cans of tuna fish that have hairs from rats in it? He was being dead serious and I need to know if this is true.

Fortunately, I don't eat canned tuna fish.
Even more disturbing: Whole black pepper is legally allowed to contain up to 1% rat droppings.

Saugus is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 12:09 AM
  #488
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003
 
BenedictGomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PRNJ
Country: United States
Posts: 26,249
vCash: 500
Taxi just hit an ugly white crossover vehicle outside my window.

BenedictGomez is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 12:13 AM
  #489
Bleedred
Pete still coach?
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 33,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Taxi just hit an ugly white crossover vehicle outside my window.
That's unfortunate, but I do always get intrigued watching stuff like that happen. One time before I moved from Jersey there was a gas leak or something on my block. Firemen, and police were going door to door to tell people to leave. I just sat in my bedroom, and watched the whole thing out the window.

Also two Summers ago in Wildwood I was there for the weekend, and in a hotel. Saw some dude get pulled over, and arrested while I was sitting on the balcony. His girl had to wait to get a ride from someone I guess. Couldn't hear what they were saying though through this exchange. Pretty sure it was drugs of some kind cause I could make out the cops putting something on the hood of the car, and shining flashlights on it.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 12:14 AM
  #490
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,441
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Taxi just hit an ugly white crossover vehicle outside my window.
Was it a Pontiac Aztek? Nobody likes those.

Saugus is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 12:34 AM
  #491
yakitate304
Crunch Time
 
yakitate304's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NY
Country: St Lucia
Posts: 13,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Was it a Pontiac Aztek? Nobody likes those.
Paging Walter White. Come in Walter White.

yakitate304 is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 07:29 AM
  #492
Richer's Ghost
Moderator
awww summertime
 
Richer's Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: photoshop labor camp
Country: United States
Posts: 47,518
vCash: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliasFTW View Post
After months of searching i finally found a place that sells bags of the delicious brown potato chips.
That's racist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
In England they call them crisps. And they're so much stranger, and totally better.

Thai Sweet Chili? Check. Prawn? Awesome. Curry Lime Pickle? You heard right. I almost smuggled a case bag into 'Merica.
Dirty Potato Chips - Maui Onion.

http://www.dirtys.com/dirtys-sea-sal...gular-1-1.html

and Miss Vickies has some delicious flavors. Jalapeno is my favorite but love the sea salt and malt vinegar as well.





Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
I'm about to class this mother****er up.

I present to you my "HOLY **** THAT IS SOME GOOD ASS RAMEN" Ramen.

-4.5 cups of water, to a boil over medium heat
-2 bricks of Maruchan Ramen (flavor doesn't matter, I buy Chicken in bulk - the flavor packet gets trashed)
-3 tablespoons of chili powder (I use Mccormick's because that's what I have)
-a tiny sliver of beef bouillon (1 cube lasts about 5 days if I make it every day)
-1 heaping tablespoon of minced garlic (I have a 32oz jar of pre-minced garlic from Berkley & Jensen for convenience)
-Onion flakes (preferable) or onion powder
-1 tablespoon of cayenne powder, OR 2 tablespoons of Sriracha
-a little bit of black pepper
-3 eggs

Put the water over medium heat. While you're waiting for it to boil, throw in everything the ramen and eggs. Try to wait until just before it boils to put in the bouillon since it sometimes won't break down. Stir. Once it's boiling, turn to low-mid heat and throw in the 2 ramen bricks for 2:30. Cover it, checking once a minute to make sure the noodles separate. While you wait, crack 3 eggs into a bowl and beat them. Once 2:30 is up, turn the flame off and STIR everything in a circular motion while you slowly drizzle the eggs in. The soup will cook the eggs within 30 seconds.

Dump it into a big ass bowl and eat that ****.
Replace water with chicken broth, vegetable stock, or in your case beef broth (and lose the bullion) and you'll dial up the flavor about double to triple. I make the ramen cups that way and it totally makes it go from a bland noodle to something that tastes like it's been simmering on grandma's stove for about 3 days.

__________________

Ball pits are just toilets filled with brightly colored balls instead of water.

Last edited by Richer's Ghost: 12-12-2012 at 07:35 AM.
Richer's Ghost is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 07:48 AM
  #493
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333
 
MartyOwns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 10,331
vCash: 500
I can relate. once, I had clams that were gross. really bad. it definitely tasted like something that had simmered on grandmaís stove for 3 days, if not 3 months. I pardoned myself from the room momentarily to throw up Ĺ through my meal, and was forced (by the cook) to finish eating afterward. it was the first time I ever ate clams, and i couldve been scarred for life, but im proud to say I got back on that saddle real quick. turns out the original clams hadnít been sanitized properly, nor had they been properly preparedÖbut when youíre a teenager, you donít know much about it, you just eat whats put in front of you.

MartyOwns is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 07:54 AM
  #494
Richer's Ghost
Moderator
awww summertime
 
Richer's Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: photoshop labor camp
Country: United States
Posts: 47,518
vCash: 425
I always prep my clams with a thorough hand washing and visual inspection. Never eat a clam that smells foul. Discard to be safe.

Oh and since it's 12/12/12 I say we rally the social forums to get everyone to flush their toilets at 12:12pm and 12 seconds today.

Richer's Ghost is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 08:03 AM
  #495
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333
 
MartyOwns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 10,331
vCash: 500
oh, I agree. Iíd like to think im wiser now, and would never make that rookie mistake again. Iíve literally had nightmares about that clam. those clams smelled as though someone had taken tuna filets, peppered them with onion juice, mayonnaise, and shredded roquefort cheese, then left it sitting atop an adobe rooftop in the desert for 6 months. it was awful.

MartyOwns is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 08:18 AM
  #496
Nick0930
Registered User
 
Nick0930's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post

Some can pull off the look really well and look cute enough that it doesn't matter.
I'm just annoyed because it's kind of a reflex now for me to look back when walking down the street.

don't judge me plz

Nick0930 is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 09:11 AM
  #497
yakitate304
Crunch Time
 
yakitate304's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NY
Country: St Lucia
Posts: 13,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post

Replace water with chicken broth, vegetable stock, or in your case beef broth (and lose the bullion) and you'll dial up the flavor about double to triple. I make the ramen cups that way and it totally makes it go from a bland noodle to something that tastes like it's been simmering on grandma's stove for about 3 days.
I use water and a small amount of beef bouillon because compared to 4.5 cups of beef broth, the sodium content is MUCH lower. Plus, I like for the beef flavor to be a complement behind the chili powder, onion and garlic rather than the dominant flavor.

yakitate304 is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 10:44 AM
  #498
Cowbell232
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
Dirty Potato Chips - Maui Onion.

http://www.dirtys.com/dirtys-sea-sal...gular-1-1.html

and Miss Vickies has some delicious flavors. Jalapeno is my favorite but love the sea salt and malt vinegar as well.

Yeah, I've seen some of them, but it's hard to find all the 'fun' flavors at a lot of places. I definitely like a lot of the different jalapenos ones and mesquite BBQ is always a good choice too.

Cowbell232 is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 10:57 AM
  #499
Nick0930
Registered User
 
Nick0930's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,233
vCash: 500
I had some wicked good jalapeno ones in Mexico. Forgot the name of it though.

Nick0930 is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 11:12 AM
  #500
Wingman77
Glory Days
 
Wingman77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 17,042
vCash: 500
Pretty pumped to watch this 121212 concert for Sandy tonight

Wingman77 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.