HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2012-13 Lockout Discussion Part VIIII: "We're Close" "We're Not Close" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
12-12-2012, 04:04 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

vCash: 500
Quote:
1. Most people I spoke with believe a new CBA will gain major traction later this week and be finalized at some point next week. If so, a season could start as early as New Year's Eve, or at least the first week of January. I caution you: this did not come from the league office or the NHLPA office, just people of various role and rank throughout the NHL.

2. The final steps of CBA negotiations put the 'Ugh" in Ugly. As one sports labor expert put it: "It's the last grab, the last chance to gain ground before you've met in what has become the new middle. So the temperature tends to creep upward and people get volatile. Usually there's one tremendous blow-up before a deal is reached. That's what happened in the NBA, right? Well, that's what has happened in a lot of them." Another noted that the very mention by either part of "transition" rules is an indicator that the end is near.

Oh, and one highly-respected NHL guy said he thought both sides should be "kicked square in the ( ----- )" for dragging this process out so long.
http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/...-the-wind.html

That's one long line.

I remember when the NBPA filed a disclaimer after they appeared to be close to a deal. Stern predicted a "nuclear winter" but a deal was struck less than 2 weeks later. That was last Thursday for the NHL. Gary Bettman and Hill Daly lost their minds.

Old
12-12-2012, 06:25 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/...-the-wind.html

That's one long line.

I remember when the NBPA filed a disclaimer after they appeared to be close to a deal. Stern predicted a "nuclear winter" but a deal was struck less than 2 weeks later. That was last Thursday for the NHL. Gary Bettman and Hill Daly lost their minds.
nuttz?

I couldn't agree more. It was a disgrace from the get go and its only getting worse. I wonder when Canadian press will stop idolizing Bettman.

Old
12-12-2012, 07:29 AM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Seems to be a lot of NYR returning from their European clubs due to minor injuries... I take it that they think camps are opening soon?

Old
12-12-2012, 07:45 AM
TheKing30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
Seems to be a lot of NYR returning from their European clubs due to minor injuries... I take it that they think camps are opening soon?
In fact Stepan is leaving Europe today to come back to prepare for the season. He says that he thinks the season will be starting soon

Old
12-12-2012, 07:58 AM
Jabroni
The Corporate Mod

11 AM meeting.

Quote:
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
CBA meeting begins this morning at 11am. No owners participating on NHL side. Bettman, Daly and lawyers.

Old
12-12-2012, 08:04 AM
rangerfan_79

Send a message via Yahoo to rangerfan_79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
11 AM meeting.
Quote:
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
CBA meeting begins this morning at 11am. No owners participating on NHL side. Bettman, Daly and lawyers.
Most of the owners are sheeple anyway.
Just get it done.

Old
12-12-2012, 08:07 AM
BrianBoyle
Nash goes HAM

vCash: 300
Let the anxiety....begin!

Old
12-12-2012, 08:12 AM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

New CBA ratified on...

12/12/12?

Yes plz

Old
12-12-2012, 08:36 AM
twistedwrister17
Custom User Title

vCash: 1120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Let the anxiety....begin!
Here's to wasting my phone battery by checking twitter every 10 seconds. Maybe I'll just skip that this time and check at the end of the day.

12-12-2012, 08:40 AM
BrianBoyle
Nash goes HAM

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedwrister17 View Post
Here's to wasting my phone battery by checking twitter every 10 seconds. Maybe I'll just skip that this time and check at the end of the day.
I feel you on that one.

Neutral Milk Hotel are literally GOAT
Amy Poehler <3

Credit to Ail for the sig.
Old
12-12-2012, 08:47 AM
Vitto79

just had a fantasy draft on Sunday, lol.......thinking positive that they will get this done soon and NHL is back in the New Yr.

If so what does the Rangers camp look like? Its going to be short so from what I see they have 2 G, likely call up a 3rd just for practice.............they have 7 D healthy, no Sauer and I don't think Gilroy gets a NHL deal but he does get a 2 way and is the first call up option. He also goes to camp.

up front they have 12 NHL contracted Forwards and Gabby looks healthy so everyone will be ready. A Spare is needed though so Haley , Kolarik, Newbury come to camp? They cant take too many from CT can they?

Old
12-12-2012, 08:48 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Outside of maybe 4 or 5 people, twitter is a waste.

This entire thing has turned "journalists" into pundits and/or amateur comedians. Botta, in particular, has been insufferable.

Old
12-12-2012, 08:50 AM
twistedwrister17
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Outside of maybe 4 or 5 people, twitter is a waste.

This entire thing has turned "journalists" into pundits and/or amateur comedians. Botta, in particular, has been insufferable.
If you follow Jesse Spector he's your entire twitter feed haha. Your pretty dead on.

Old
12-12-2012, 08:51 AM
nevesis

The King wrote a column in today's post. A great read...

Quote:
I HAVE to admit, I was so excited on Tuesday when I walked past the Garden and got my first look at it in a long, long time.

So many different thoughts went through my head. I was thinking about how I missed being there, how frustrating it’s been not to be able to play and be with my teammates and in front of our fans.

Everything I was thinking came back to the lockout. That’s how it is every day with almost everything. Everything comes back to the lockout. It just makes me upset. The more I think about it, the more upset I am.

I can’t even remember the last time I’ve been away from hockey as long as I have been now. It feels so strange. Everything is off. Nothing is the way it’s supposed to be. It’s hard to imagine that it’s almost Christmas but the season hasn’t even started yet.

I miss it so much. I miss the game. I miss the excitement. I miss the challenge of pushing myself every day. I feed off competing. I feed off the energy.

I’ve tried to be positive. I have to admit that I never thought we would be out this long. I’ve never gone through anything like this before. The first couple of weeks were weird but then when I realized we might be out for a long time, I started to freak out a little bit. It’s hard to explain.

You feed off the game. It’s your life. I never imagined it would be this difficult for me not to play and how much I would miss it. I guess you take it for granted that you will always play.

It’s really hard for a lot of people to understand this. I don’t expect people to understand. Sometimes it’s hard for us to understand.

It was good at first to be able to go home with [my wife] Therese and have the chance for [my five-month old daughter] Charlise to say hi for the first time to everyone in our family and our friends. That’s the only good thing about this. But as much as Therese and I enjoy home, we miss New York. That’s where we should be now.

Coming back a couple of weeks ago and playing in the charity game at Atlantic City was the best I have felt in a long time. I had no idea what to expect, but it felt so good to be out there playing a game.

Of course it wasn’t just playing a game, it was the reason we were playing — to help raise money for the recovery from Hurricane Sandy — that also made it special. It’s so inspiring to see how everyone works so hard — and I don’t mean the hockey players — to help other people in need.

It was a great night. I loved every minute of it.

When I went past the Garden I thought about the excitement our fans bring that makes it so special. I know the fans are really upset, and they have a right to be. They deserve better. I really mean that. They are so loyal. They spend so much money for tickets and merchandise and to be there to support the team.

The fans deserve better. The game of hockey deserves better. I can’t even express how much I hope we’re back playing very, very soon.

I can’t wait to be in a Rangers uniform again.
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...BX5y4VKJ1juFTJ

Old
12-12-2012, 08:57 AM
Fitzy
Relative to what?

vCash: 50
NYR legend, without question.. I hope he stays here his whole career.

Old
12-12-2012, 08:59 AM
Jabroni
The Corporate Mod

Quote:
If you follow Jesse Spector he's your entire twitter feed haha. Your pretty dead on.
Spector is unbearable.

Old
12-12-2012, 09:01 AM
Fitzy
Relative to what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Spector is unbearable.
I couldn't put up with him any more after awhile either.

Old
12-12-2012, 09:08 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post

Lundqvist is one of those goalies I'll be telling my grand kids about one day. I just hope he can win a Cup soon

Old
12-12-2012, 09:32 AM
twistedwrister17
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipNash27 View Post
Lundqvist is one of those goalies I'll be telling my grand kids about one day. I just hope he can win a Cup soon
Henrik Lundqvist ‏@HLundqvist30
Next time I see you New York I hope I'm back for the right reason.. #RangersHockey

Me too.

Old
12-12-2012, 09:59 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

I refuse to get excited anymore. Until a deal is official and done I am a pessimist.

Old
12-12-2012, 10:04 AM
PassShootScore
208 Row 18

vCash: 1150
“@GMillerTSN: The consensus among NHL management types/agents here this morning is that there will definitely be a resolution to the lockout, and soon.”

Old
12-12-2012, 10:11 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post

One of the few who gets it.

Old
12-12-2012, 10:15 AM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassShootScore View Post
@GMillerTSN: The consensus among NHL management types/agents here this morning is that there will definitely be a resolution to the lockout, and soon.
hm where'd i hear that before Gord?

Old
12-12-2012, 10:16 AM
PassShootScore
208 Row 18

vCash: 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
hm where'd i hear that before Gord?
yea i wont believe a thing until the midget has a announcement to make

Old
12-12-2012, 10:21 AM
Fitzy
Relative to what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassShootScore View Post
@GMillerTSN: The consensus among NHL management types/agents here this morning is that there will definitely be a resolution to the lockout, and soon.
The modern media and accessibility of information is turning this lockout into an emotional roller coaster for those with internet access at work.

Closed Thread