HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 3.0

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-12-2012, 07:32 AM
  #101
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
When considering the depth of prospects the Habs have that represented their countries in International competitions,one can only assume that their team in the near future will be a winner.On the Hamilton Bulldogs alone there are 11 players that have represented their countries at the WJHC's.With that level of play,it's only a matter of experience in the AHL before many of those players will move onto the NHL ranks. Hudon,Collberg,Galchenyuk and Bozon are others to young for the AHL,then Kristo and Bennett from the College ranks.Things are bright for the Habs future.
While I like your enthusiasm, it would be nice if these AHL prospect showed how elite they are by winning more games...

PricePkPatch is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 07:41 AM
  #102
S Bah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 3,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
While I like your enthusiasm, it would be nice if these AHL prospect showed how elite they are by winning more games...
That's two in a row and a team shutout 1-0,I'm happy seeing them coming together as a team.There are some pretty good players on the Bulldogs team IMO and they are rookies,give them a chance to play once through the league.

S Bah is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 07:51 AM
  #103
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
That's two in a row and a team shutout 1-0,I'm happy seeing them coming together as a team.There are some pretty good players on the Bulldogs team IMO and they are rookies,give them a chance to play once through the league.
I'll be more enthusiast when they won't be dead last in their conference, and higher than bottom 3 of the league

PricePkPatch is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 08:09 AM
  #104
S Bah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 3,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
I'll be more enthusiast when they won't be dead last in their conference, and higher than bottom 3 of the league
I guess I'm just a Hab Fanatic during a Lockout season,nah I'm like that all the time.

S Bah is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 09:10 AM
  #105
zzoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 2,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
When considering the depth of prospects the Habs have that represented their countries in International competitions,one can only assume that their team in the near future will be a winner.On the Hamilton Bulldogs alone there are 11 players that have represented their countries at the WJHC's.With that level of play,it's only a matter of experience in the AHL before many of those players will move onto the NHL ranks. Hudon,Collberg,Galchenyuk and Bozon are others to young for the AHL,then Kristo and Bennett from the College ranks.Things are bright for the Habs future.
I don't mean to discourage you at all. But few months ago, I was as enthusiast and excited as you are now when I think about the prospects that join Bulldogs this year:
- Gallagher: wow, 3 consecutive seasons with more than 40 goals. Had a great pre-season in the previous year. Member of Team Canada Jr.
- Bournival: Member of Team Canada Jr and Memorial Cup.
- Holland: finished #3 or #4 in WHL. I can't wait to see him.
- Then Beaulieu, Tinordi, Ellis

I was so pumped till ...
Finally, my own expectations and the reality hurt myself, and badly.

zzoo is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 09:19 AM
  #106
sharks9
Registered User
 
sharks9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,602
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
I don't mean to discourage you at all. But few months ago, I was as enthusiast and excited as you are now when I think about the prospects that join Bulldogs this year:
- Gallagher: wow, 3 consecutive seasons with more than 40 goals. Had a great pre-season in the previous year. Member of Team Canada Jr.
- Bournival: Member of Team Canada Jr and Memorial Cup.
- Holland: finished #3 or #4 in WHL. I can't wait to see him.
- Then Beaulieu, Tinordi, Ellis

I was so pumped till ...
Finally, my own expectations and the reality hurt myself, and badly.
If they're still terrible at the end of the year, I'll be more worried but right now we're less than halfway through the season and the injuries to Leblanc and Geoffrion have definitely not helped out a team that lacks scoring.

sharks9 is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 09:20 AM
  #107
jedimyrmidon
Registered User
 
jedimyrmidon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
I don't mean to discourage you at all. But few months ago, I was as enthusiast and excited as you are now when I think about the prospects that join Bulldogs this year:
- Gallagher: wow, 3 consecutive seasons with more than 40 goals. Had a great pre-season in the previous year. Member of Team Canada Jr.
- Bournival: Member of Team Canada Jr and Memorial Cup.
- Holland: finished #3 or #4 in WHL. I can't wait to see him.
- Then Beaulieu, Tinordi, Ellis

I was so pumped till ...
Finally, my own expectations and the reality hurt myself, and badly.
Of course you're the victim of your own expectations. Those expectations were way too high from the sound of things. I guess you can change those expectations based on the fact that the AHL isn't an easy league to perform in for rookies (and that much less for a team with a large number of them) or you can continue to wallow in your own unrealistic expectations.

jedimyrmidon is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 10:19 AM
  #108
That
Registered User
 
That's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,928
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
He's listed at 6" 197lbs on the WHL website, i hope it's reliable and he actualy grew an inch. We need a recent photo of him standing next to Dietz.
At the draft combine he was measured at 5’11.75″ 200 lbs, so I'd say that's definitely accurate.

Speaking of Thrower, he's definitely heating up. He was fantastic last night. Both of his assists came from slapshots that ended up in the back of the net. He looked very confident with and without the puck. Hopefully he keeps up the great play.

That is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 10:28 AM
  #109
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
At the draft combine he was measured at 5’11.75″ 200 lbs, so I'd say that's definitely accurate.

Speaking of Thrower, he's definitely heating up. He was fantastic last night. Both of his assists came from slapshots that ended up in the back of the net. He looked very confident with and without the puck. Hopefully he keeps up the great play.
3 pts his his last 3 games if Im not wrong and most importantly, 3 wins in 3 games since he is back..

NewHabsEra* is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 11:44 AM
  #110
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,743
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
I don't mean to discourage you at all. But few months ago, I was as enthusiast and excited as you are now when I think about the prospects that join Bulldogs this year:
- Gallagher: wow, 3 consecutive seasons with more than 40 goals. Had a great pre-season in the previous year. Member of Team Canada Jr.
- Bournival: Member of Team Canada Jr and Memorial Cup.
- Holland: finished #3 or #4 in WHL. I can't wait to see him.
- Then Beaulieu, Tinordi, Ellis

I was so pumped till ...
Finally, my own expectations and the reality hurt myself, and badly.
They are all rookies. Just like, for the most part, in their respective leagues, they took their time to come in, learn, and produce. These guys aren't generational talents or elite talents, they are great players, but they need to time to develop, adjust and learn.

This isn't the junior leagues where there are 4-5 guys who might make the Pros after their careers are over. This is a professional league, the talent level difference is very marginal between a lot of these players, they are bigger, stronger, faster. You can't expect these kids to come in a dominate off the get-go. Especially when their supporting cast is as green as they are.

Give them time, if by the end of the season we don't see some improvements and next season shows no progression, then you can temper your expectations, get disappointed.

Instant gratification strikes again.

WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 12:06 PM
  #111
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
They are all rookies. Just like, for the most part, in their respective leagues, they took their time to come in, learn, and produce. These guys aren't generational talents or elite talents, they are great players, but they need to time to develop, adjust and learn.

This isn't the junior leagues where there are 4-5 guys who might make the Pros after their careers are over. This is a professional league, the talent level difference is very marginal between a lot of these players, they are bigger, stronger, faster. You can't expect these kids to come in a dominate off the get-go. Especially when their supporting cast is as green as they are.

Give them time, if by the end of the season we don't see some improvements and next season shows no progression, then you can temper your expectations, get disappointed.

Instant gratification strikes again
.
BUT IT FEELS SO GOOD


PricePkPatch is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 12:40 PM
  #112
ChoseLa
Registered User
 
ChoseLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,909
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
At the draft combine he was measured at 5’11.75″ 200 lbs, so I'd say that's definitely accurate.

Speaking of Thrower, he's definitely heating up. He was fantastic last night. Both of his assists came from slapshots that ended up in the back of the net. He looked very confident with and without the puck. Hopefully he keeps up the great play.
Yes his dynamic game and offensive talent is pretty awesome, last season he heated up at the second half of the season, i think he was 1ppg, but can't find the numbers right now.

ChoseLa is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 12:49 PM
  #113
jwolf
Registered User
 
jwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 558
vCash: 500
Charles Hudon's development

If there is another thread dealing with this matter, by all means - go ahead and merge.

I've heard an increasing amount of adulation thrown CH's way lately (mainly because of the WJC coming up).

To those who've watched him consistently this season, how would you assess his play, skill set, overall ceiling vis a vis NHL potential and leadership qualities. Has he improved a great deal since last season? Just curious since I don't know much about him.

Did we land someone special in the 5th round?

jwolf is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 01:20 PM
  #114
stubbadub
Registered User
 
stubbadub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 583
vCash: 500
When I watched him in the Canada vs Russia series in the summer, the kid was everywhere he needed to be. He was scoring too. He's chirpy toward other players, and brings both (to compare former Habs) a Max Lapierre and Guy Carbonneau skillset. Not as physical as Max could be, but he's very responsible like Guy was. He was played in every situation too. He had the Metro Centre on the edge of their seats a few times with his awesome pass interceptions and speed. He had one memorable short handed breakaway that I can recall. Didn't score, but he was still a pleasure to watch play. Against the Mooseheads this year he was alright I suppose. The only game I saw him play was a 6-1 blow out by the Moose, so he couldn't really light it up.

In short, I think we have a future two-way stud for the second and third line. May not score a ton, but he'll bring back a respectable two way game.

stubbadub is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 02:11 PM
  #115
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 7,831
vCash: 500
What current NHLer can Hudon be compared to?

FlyingKostitsyn is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 02:17 PM
  #116
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,203
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
What current NHLer can Hudon be compared to?
The guy in your avatar, IMO. I don't see him as the shutdown guy people are portraying him as, even though he'll likely play that role at the WJCs. In the NHL, generally your shutdown guys are bigger and more physical.

The reason why Hudon gets assignments like that in junior is because he's very, very smart, and generally knows where to be whenever he's on the ice, either on offense or defensively.. Like Desharnais, he's not the biggest guy, and his best attribute by far is his hockey IQ.

A Derek Roy comparison might not be too far off either. Think along the lines of Roy and Desharnais.

hototogisu is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 02:30 PM
  #117
jedimyrmidon
Registered User
 
jedimyrmidon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
The guy in your avatar, IMO. I don't see him as the shutdown guy people are portraying him as, even though he'll likely play that role at the WJCs. In the NHL, generally your shutdown guys are bigger and more physical.

The reason why Hudon gets assignments like that in junior is because he's very, very smart, and generally knows where to be whenever he's on the ice, either on offense or defensively.. Like Desharnais, he's not the biggest guy, and his best attribute by far is his hockey IQ.

A Derek Roy comparison might not be too far off either. Think along the lines of Roy and Desharnais.
Was Desharnais ever good at getting his stick in the way of plays, breaking them up and turning the play back the other way? That's something that I've noticed Hudon is good at.

jedimyrmidon is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 03:06 PM
  #118
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
The guy in your avatar, IMO. I don't see him as the shutdown guy people are portraying him as, even though he'll likely play that role at the WJCs. In the NHL, generally your shutdown guys are bigger and more physical.

The reason why Hudon gets assignments like that in junior is because he's very, very smart, and generally knows where to be whenever he's on the ice, either on offense or defensively.. Like Desharnais, he's not the biggest guy, and his best attribute by far is his hockey IQ.

A Derek Roy comparison might not be too far off either. Think along the lines of Roy and Desharnais.
Vermette ?

goalchenyuk is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 03:14 PM
  #119
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot
 
QuebecPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sherbrooke , Qc
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
What current NHLer can Hudon be compared to?
Mike Cammalleri.

QuebecPride is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 03:18 PM
  #120
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL
 
Rise from the Ashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dollard-Des-Ormeaux
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,890
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
I like the Desharnais comparison a lot.

Rise from the Ashes is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 03:36 PM
  #121
Frozenice
the random dude
 
Frozenice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,855
vCash: 500
I think Hudon will end up a lot like Esa Tikkanen after he grows up and becomes a man.

There's a lot of stuff he doesn't do yet because he lacks the physical qualities to back them up but once the physical development catches up with his mental makeup he will likely become that kind of player.

Frozenice is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 03:44 PM
  #122
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 28,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
I think Hudon will end up a lot like Esa Tikkanen after he grows up and becomes a man.

There's a lot of stuff he doesn't do yet because he lacks the physical qualities to back them up but once the physical development catches up with his mental makeup he will likely become that kind of player.
He reminds me of Mark Recchi, the later career one, not the 100 point one.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 04:32 PM
  #123
Habsoil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Fort mac
Country: Canada
Posts: 378
vCash: 50
Bozon on shaw

Tim Bozon and Kamloops on Shaw tonight?
Thats what bozon tweeted!

Habsoil is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 05:23 PM
  #124
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwolf View Post
If there is another thread dealing with this matter, by all means - go ahead and merge.

I've heard an increasing amount of adulation thrown CH's way lately (mainly because of the WJC coming up).

To those who've watched him consistently this season, how would you assess his play, skill set, overall ceiling vis a vis NHL potential and leadership qualities. Has he improved a great deal since last season? Just curious since I don't know much about him.

Did we land someone special in the 5th round?
Everytime you land a guy who played for team Canada junior at 18 years old in the 5th round, thats a serious potential steal..

NewHabsEra* is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 05:40 PM
  #125
Mathletic
Registered User
 
Mathletic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St-Augustin, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
What current NHLer can Hudon be compared to?
for me it's Jordan Eberle

Mathletic is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:37 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.