HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bruins - Oilers

Old
12-11-2012, 11:38 PM
BudMovin*
Mung Dealer

vCash: 500

BudMovin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 12:49 AM
Eskimo44

No. Yakupov is worth more than Hamilton in my opinion and when we are talking about a player like that a 1st round pick doesn't even it out. Klefbom is a greater need to Edmonton than Subban, and he could really be something else. Klefbom has arguably been the most successful defenseman from that draft keeping a close pace with Hamilton, Larsson and Brodin. Being an All Star Dman on a gold winning WJC is a big deal, as is playing in the SEL as a teenager. Klefbom getting hurt is a big cause for concern but the Oilers would be best to hold onto a guy with such a complete package.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 02:00 AM
Aceonfire
Las Vegas Aces

I would do this trade as an Oil fan.

The addition of Hamilton and Subban would be the final pieces needed to push us into the playoffs in a few years.

With that much talent, EDM could go after free agents or seek trades to help with depth scoring.

And a 1st round pick in a draft that deep....

Aceonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 02:08 AM
jgoud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by roflstomper View Post
No its not. Subban has the potential to be a good NHL goaltender while Klefbom can be a solid 2/3 guy. I thinks its more of just what you would prefer. Suggesting its "laughable" to compare Subban and a 1st to Klefbom is a little bit overboard.
He's saying it's laughable in choosing subban over klefbom, which is what that other guy said. And it is laughable. Yakupov is so underrated on here, when you hear people talk about him its like he's a second round draft prospect.

Last edited by jgoud*: 12-13-2012 at 02:00 AM.
jgoud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 02:31 AM
nmbr_24

I see why the Oilers would be interested in those players and of course Boston would be interested in Yakupov, but the thing is that Hamilton and Subban fill needs on the Bruins, Yakupov would be awesome, but it is not filling a need. What the Bruins have in Hamilton and Subban are replacements for Chara and Thomas if everything went perfectly, I think they have to wait it out and see how these guys turn out.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 02:36 AM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by roflstomper View Post
No its not. Subban has the potential to be a good NHL goaltender while Klefbom can be a solid 2/3 guy. I thinks its more of just what you would prefer. Suggesting its "laughable" to compare Subban and a 1st to Klefbom is a little bit overboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoud View Post
He's saying it's laughable in choosing subban over klefbom, which is what that other guy said. And it is laughable.
Exactly. And for the record, its just as laughable to suggest that Klefbom's highest upside is a 2/3. He's developed extremely well so far. The injury is a concern, but his upside is tremendous

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 03:12 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Howie View Post
Boston has zero interest in this.

If Edmonton wants to do a Yakupov for Hamilton 1 for 1... maybe that has some interest... other than that, pass. Obviously Oilers don't touch that, but Boston doesn't touch this deal either.

Maybe the value is there "in a vaccuum" for this deal... but Boston doesn't touch it with a 100 foot pole

Big time pass from both teams is my guess.

Horrible/senseless proposal that does not account for Boston or their needs.
It's probably bad for both teams.

There are far worse goalies in the NHL than Dubkyk and Bunz may yet turn into a starter. This deal only upgrades Edmonton's in defense and gives another possibility in net while it messes them up badly up front. We can't rely on one line to get us into the playoffs.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 05:15 AM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
The value is probably there but I think for a prospect swap the added first is a little much.

IMO there's no need for another winger in Boston and the downgrade from Hamilton to Klefbom when considering Chara's age just makes this a tough deal to swallow from the B's perspective. I'd say thanks but no thanks.

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 08:32 AM
Oates2Neely

Chara wont last forever... Hamilton needs to stay in Boston.

Subban could be the future of Boston goaltending if Tuukka falters or demands too much coin.

No deal.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 09:12 AM
Frankie Spankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManByng View Post
if someone passes on this deal, it's not Boston.
Uhhh, yes it is.

See: Every post by Bruins fans in this thread (including mine if you couldn't tell)

Frankie Spankie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 09:24 AM
ManByng
Moroz fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Spankie View Post
Uhhh, yes it is.

See: Every post by Bruins fans in this thread (including mine if you couldn't tell)
it doesn't matter what the posters think, the Oilers simply aren't going to trade Nail for Hamilton or any other prospect. the Oilers will keep the better player.

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 09:37 AM
CupofOil
Visually, we suck.

I could understand why the Bruins wouldn't do this because they are really high on Hamilton and rightfully so but i'm not sure what Subban is going to do for them? Isn't Rask their goalie of the future? Where does Subban fit in? I understand the idea of having goalie depth and an insurance plan just in case Rask falters but i'm assuming that Subban will want to push for a spot on the Bruins roster in 2-3 years. I could see a Quick-Bernier situation where Subban is stuck as a backup for several years before he becomes trade bait. I still don't understand why they picked him in the 1st round unless they aren't sold on Rask.

From the Oilers POV, i wouldn't touch this deal.
Yakupov has way too much potential to trade away and Klefbom is exactly the 2 way Dman that the Oilers need with Schultz now in the fold. I could see those two being the potential top pairing in 2-3 years. Hamilton would be great but i think the difference between Yakupov and Subban+1st is much greater than the difference between Hamilton and Klefbom.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 10:06 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManByng View Post
it doesn't matter what the posters think, the Oilers simply aren't going to trade Nail for Hamilton or any other prospect. the Oilers will keep the better player.
And your opinion means so much more.....?

As a Bruins fan, I'd trade Subban + 1st for Kleblom in a heartbeat. Subban is a great prospect, but please....Hannu Toivonen? Andrew Raycroft? Goalies bust frequently. We also have Niklas Svedberg in Providence, not even mentioning our 25 year old goalie Tuuka who according to some could be one of the best in the league in the very near future. 18 year old "high ceiling goalies" are replaceable. Late 1st round picks are replaceable as well, unless we want to hold onto that pick to select another Jordan Caron....

Klefblom is sure to be a top four defensman, and SOON. Maybe not as good as Hamilton, but very good. Klefblom could contribute almost right away to our blue line and inject youth into the blue line when Chara isnt getting any younger. I for one would rather have Hamilton than Yakupov for the Bruins. Starting a team from scratch I take Yakupov, but I think Hamilton is exactly what we need at the moment.

As for the OP trade, I wouldn't do it as a Bruins fan. Take out Hamilton/Yakupov and I'd do it though, no question. Not sure the OIlers would tho, seeing as they have Munz.

Tim Vezina Thomas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 10:06 AM
Eennad142

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
I could understand why the Bruins wouldn't do this because they are really high on Hamilton and rightfully so but i'm not sure what Subban is going to do for them? Isn't Rask their goalie of the future? Where does Subban fit in? I understand the idea of having goalie depth and an insurance plan just in case Rask falters but i'm assuming that Subban will want to push for a spot on the Bruins roster in 2-3 years. I could see a Quick-Bernier situation where Subban is stuck as a backup for several years before he becomes trade bait. I still don't understand why they picked him in the 1st round unless they aren't sold on Rask.
From the Oilers POV, i wouldn't touch this deal.
Yakupov has way too much potential to trade away and Klefbom is exactly the 2 way Dman that the Oilers need with Schultz now in the fold. I could see those two being the potential top pairing in 2-3 years. Hamilton would be great but i think the difference between Yakupov and Subban+1st is much greater than the difference between Hamilton and Klefbom.
Rask is a good goalie, but not Carey Price-style franchise level. Rask was a W/L .500% backup goalie for the past two years, and played against the weak teams on the schedule. Rask was given one-year deal in order to prove himself, not a good sign. Subban has as much potential as anyone in this pipedream deal, and will be the starter in Boston sooner rather than later.

Eennad142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 10:20 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eennad142 View Post
Rask is a good goalie, but not Carey Price-style franchise level. Rask was a W/L .500% backup goalie for the past two years, and played against the weak teams on the schedule. Rask was given one-year deal in order to prove himself, not a good sign. Subban has as much potential as anyone in this pipedream deal, and will be the starter in Boston sooner rather than later.
18 year old Subban will be the starter for a Cup Contending team sooner than later? What?

And giving Tuuka a one year deal was good for both parties. Gives Tuuka an opportunity to prove hes one of the best in the league, and gives the Bruins some assurance he can be the guy. Its hardly "not a good sign."

Chiarelli would love to pay Tuuka big money

Old
12-12-2012, 10:27 AM
CupofOil
Visually, we suck.

Quote:
I'm confused. I thought that Bruins fans were looking at Rask as a Price level talent potentially.
I don't think that him only getting a 1 year deal is a sign that Bruins management isn't high on him. It's just a prove it type of deal, he wasn't going to get a long term deal without having played a full season as the #1.
Also, i highly doubt that Subban has as much potential as Yakupov or Hamilton. He's not even the best goalie prospect in this draft, that would be Vasilevski.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 10:39 AM
Eennad142

Quote:
I'm confused. I thought that Bruins fans were looking at Rask as a Price level talent potentially.
I don't think that him only getting a 1 year deal is a sign that Bruins management isn't high on him. It's just a prove it type of deal, he wasn't going to get a long term deal without having played a full season as the #1.
Also, i highly doubt that Subban has as much potential as Yakupov or Hamilton. He's not even the best goalie prospect in this draft, that would be Vasilevski.
Depends which Bruins' posters speak/type. Right now, Rask is a W/L .500% backup goalie. The W/L record was compiled against weakest teams on schedule. Rask received a one-year deal because he is not proven Carey Price-level. Sometimes it's just as simple as that. I consider Subban on equal level to Vasilevski, and so did Boston management at draft.

Eennad142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 10:45 AM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
No. Yakupov is worth more than Hamilton in my opinion and when we are talking about a player like that a 1st round pick doesn't even it out. Klefbom is a greater need to Edmonton than Subban, and he could really be something else. Klefbom has arguably been the most successful defenseman from that draft keeping a close pace with Hamilton, Larsson and Brodin. Being an All Star Dman on a gold winning WJC is a big deal, as is playing in the SEL as a teenager. Klefbom getting hurt is a big cause for concern but the Oilers would be best to hold onto a guy with such a complete package.
Yakupov is worth more to the Oilers , as we need some secondary scoring . It sucked last year
Hamilton has more value to Boston , Chara is not getting any younger and will soon be gone .
Klefbom could end up being a very good # 2 or even a #1 no one knows . But most will agree the only way Hamilton does not end up the better Dman is if the World ends on Dec 21 2012 .
Subban there are still question marks about , that is why TSN said that , that is a weak spot for Canada juniors this year . This draft is deep so the first will get a decent prospect . All in all this is a close deal in terms of value , but both teams have a need for their players so both teams say no....... coming from an Oiler fan
Anyone who saids Yakupov has more value then Hamilton . I would counter that with that depends on team needs . Ask the teams in the NHL and i bet most would say Hamilton . It is easier to have average wingers then it is to have an average defence . Not that Yakupov is average . I am saying i would rather have a stud dman then a stud winger

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 10:49 AM
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle

Boston has no intention doing this trade. They are strong in forwards position. Oilers can all worry about getting the right return for Yakupov, but the fact is they are overloaded in forwards positions, while Bruins dearly love Hamilton and a secured future in Subban.

So, Boston pulls the plug.

Penalty Kill Icing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 11:15 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Bruins fans and other fans/GMs think Rask can be one of the best goalie in the NHL. He simply hasn't proven enough to be considered in Price's league, which is completely valid. No one will be surprised if he is considered one of the best some day down the road.

Bruins mgmt is very high on him, the 1 year deal if good for both sides. Mgmt can see if Rask has the wherewithal to be the #1 starter on a cup contending team and Rask gets a big fat contract if he has a good year. Like I said above, Chiarelli would LOVE to pay him big money, because that means he thinks he can be a franchise goalie.

"Potential" is a funny way to look at this. Subban likely has the same amount of potential as Yakupov or Hamilton, but the odds he reaches that potential are likely lower than both. (IMO)

I'd rather have Subban than Vasilevski, but theyre basically interchangeable. Seems to me that Chiarelli was going to go goalie there no matter what, had a master list, and was going to take the best goalie available. Comes down to preference, and I bet the Habs/Bruins rivialry played a slight role in the decision.

Old
12-12-2012, 11:18 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Depends which Bruins' posters speak/type. Right now, Rask is a W/L .500% backup goalie. The W/L record was compiled against weakest teams on schedule. Rask received a one-year deal because he is not proven Carey Price-level. Sometimes it's just as simple as that. I consider Subban on equal level to Vasilevski, and so did Boston management at draft.
Tuuka has a .926 sv % and has great numbers as a starter. Not his fault Thomas came out of nowhere to be the best goalie on the planet.

You're right tho, Tuuka hasnt proven enough to make Carey Price money.

Old
12-12-2012, 11:59 AM
ManByng
Moroz fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Kill Icing View Post
Boston has no intention doing this trade. They are strong in forwards position. Oilers can all worry about getting the right return for Yakupov, but the fact is they are overloaded in forwards positions, while Bruins dearly love Hamilton and a secured future in Subban.

So, Boston pulls the plug.
we're not worried at all about getting anything for Yakupov....we're keeping him and he's going to score 40 goals down the road for the Oilers! also, the Oilers aren't "overloaded" up front. what we now have is some real firepower and if the Oilers can't find enough playing time for Ales Hemsky down the road, he'll be the first to go...he has one year left on his contract next year and *could* be the odd man out soon.

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 12:23 PM
Flames rebuilder

If the seasons lost, there's a good chance the Oilers will draft Jones anyways

Flames rebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 01:07 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames rebuilder View Post
Highly unlikely.. I believe they wouldnt have many lottery balls due to their numerous #1 picks the past few seasons.. Odds are they wouldnt draft very high if the season is cancelled.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 01:52 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames rebuilder View Post
Flames have a better chance in doing that, besides the Oilers have more of a need at C.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote