HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ownership Cluster**** Thread: NHL and GJ, Put Up or Shut Up!

Closed Thread

Old
12-12-2012, 09:59 AM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Also, if he let's Tippett or Maloney go than he's a complete moron and deserves the very certain very immediate and very likely irreparable crash and burn of this organization that he will experience.

There is not a better GM or better coach for this team or any other struggling team, under water, clinging to life in the entire world. Maloney is the best in the business at finding players in the trash heap and Dave Tippett is the best in the business of getting the most out of them. Nobody can find a diamond in the rough like Don and nobody can polish them off and make them shine better than Tippett. If you are flat broke or bankrupt and still want a contender, you can't possibly do better than the battery of Maloney and Tippett.

If their contracts should happen to expire, I expect John Davidson will immediately fire every single executive and coach in Columbus and offer both Maloney and Tippett blank checks and carte Blanche to hire and fire at will. He'd be an idiot not to. Those two would have that team in the post season immediately in their first year. They'd have them winning rounds within three years.
Yea but what if Tippett and Maloney don't want to be here anymore regardless of what happens to the team? If that turns out to be the case then it doesn't matter how much money and what kind of a contract new ownership throws their way.

Old
12-12-2012, 10:01 AM
Rutkowski

Don't think that's the case, at least for Tippett, since he signed a contract while this cluster**** was still going on.

Old
12-12-2012, 10:03 AM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutkowski View Post
Don't think that's the case, at least for Tippett, since he signed a contract while this cluster**** was still going on.
Yea but everyone has a breaking point. Maybe he will, maybe he won't. Only time will tell!

Old
12-12-2012, 10:06 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Yeah. I'd expect a Quebec ownersship to fire them both(due to the whole francophone thing) but if Jamison fire them I really have doubts about the near future for this team.
From what I understand, hiring French speaking executives and coaches is far less important in QC than it is in Montreal. I've been led to believe it has to do with Montreal being such a large city and having a bit of an identity crisis, as a result. That city is apparently very conscientious of clinging to their French heritage and they have to be out of necessity due to their being a large city with a ton of transplants. QC, on the other hand, as I understand it, there is absolutely not doubt that it's a French city. They've got no worries about anyone losing the plot there. No need to be insecure about anything. No need to "prove" how French they are. No chip on their shoulder or hypersensitivity about which language is the first spoken by their coaches or management.

That said, I'm not so sure either Tippett or Maloney would be willing to move there. If they became free agents, teams would be lining up to drop their staffs in favor of this pair. It's everybody's dream to win on a budget. Drastically cut cost and drastically increase revenue. These two are just a great business decision for any team to make outside of Vancouver, Edmonton, Minnesota, Detroit, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Boston, Manhattan, Toronto, and Montreal. Teams like Calgary, Brooklyn, Columbus, Colorado, San Jose, Anaheim, etc. with groups currently on thin ice, as is, would be nuts not to go full boar after this pair.

12-12-2012, 10:08 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Yea but everyone has a breaking point. Maybe he will, maybe he won't. Only time will tell!
Why would you deal with this mess only to leave as soon as it clears up? Just doesn't seem likely.

Old
12-12-2012, 10:14 AM
Rutkowski

Quote:
From what I understand, hiring French speaking executives and coaches is far less important in QC than it is in Montreal.
I thought it used to be Quebec that was 100% french coaches and general managers until they moved and the pressure was instead pushed on Montreal.

Quote:
These two are just a great business decision for any team to make outside of Vancouver, Edmonton, Minnesota, Detroit, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Boston, Manhattan, Toronto, and Montreal. Teams like Calgary, Brooklyn, Columbus, Colorado, San Jose, Anaheim, etc. with groups currently on thin ice, as is, would be nuts not to go full boar after this pair.
Wait, not Edmonton? Because their administration is pretty ****, is it because they're an offensive team and not a gritty one?

Quote:
Why would you deal with this mess only to leave as soon as it clears up? Just doesn't seem likely.
Yeah, this. Just like Doan, if they've dealt with the last four years there is no reason they'd leave now unless they hate stability and a lack of despair.

Old
12-12-2012, 10:15 AM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Maybe he figured at the time he signed with the Coyotes he was confident that the team would stay and not be in the major cluster**** that is it now? Maybe after getting to 2 conference finals and not getting to the final he may not feel as confident of winning it all here with uncertanty of the ownership mess, especially if we cant keep certain key players due to money concerns and/or players who want to move on because of the ownership mess?.

But this is all talk and I hope the both of them stay but after what we have seen over the past few years, I can't take anything as 100% certain.

Old
12-12-2012, 10:19 AM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:

Yeah, this. Just like Doan, if they've dealt with the last four years there is no reason they'd leave now unless they hate stability and a lack of despair.
Yet what is so funny is how the majority here all thought Doan was gone for good as long as there was no owner and Z would never return to Phoenix as long as there was no owner. My my that what happens in the real world and what is talked about in a message board is not always the same.

Last edited by Colt45Blast: 12-12-2012 at 10:27 AM.
Old
12-12-2012, 10:20 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
I thought it used to be Quebec that was 100% french coaches and general managers until they moved and the pressure was instead pushed on Montreal.

Wait, not Edmonton? Because their administration is pretty ****, is it because they're an offensive team and not a gritty one?

Dave Tippett is not a good fit for a team built on the backs of Taylor Hall, RNH, Eberle and Yakupov. Plus, they're all going to be mega millions players, which sort of mitigates Maloney's effectiveness. I just think both Tippett and Maloney would have their strengths wasted in Edmonton. That's all.

Old
12-12-2012, 10:31 AM
Rutkowski

Quote:
Maybe he figured at the time he signed with the Coyotes he was confident that the team would stay and not be in the major cluster**** that is it now? Maybe after getting to 2 conference finals and not getting to the final he may not feel as confident of winning it all here with uncertanty of the ownership mess, especially if we cant keep certain key players due to money concerns and/or players who want to move on because of the ownership mess?.
Uhh, isn't all this discussion assuming Jamison buy the team and the ownership mess clear up?

Quote:
Dave Tippett is not a good fit for a team built on the backs of Taylor Hall, RNH, Eberle and Yakupov. Plus, they're all going to be mega millions players, which sort of mitigates Maloney's effectiveness. I just think both Tippett and Maloney would have their strengths wasted in Edmonton. That's all.
Oh, agreed. I just mean they'd still be better for Edmonton than the ****fest they got going there right now.

Old
12-12-2012, 10:34 AM
DesertDawg

Tip couldn't ride his bike during the season.
I see him as liking the weather too much in AZ.
GMDM doesn't seem likely to leave either. And both egos haven't finish what they are out to accomplish anyways...
Jamison ain't gonna can them...

Old
12-12-2012, 10:36 AM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Uhh, isn't all this discussion assuming Jamison buy the team and the ownership mess clear up?
This ownership discussion is about talking about "ALL" of the events that have taken place since Jerry Moyes turned over the keys to the NHL. ALL events that took since the keys were turned over before and after the bankruptcy filling.

Old
12-12-2012, 10:38 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Referendum effort is half over now, yes? Any updates on how that whole thing is going?

Old
12-12-2012, 10:47 AM
Rutkowski

Quote:
This ownership discussion is about talking about "ALL" of the events that have taken place since Jerry Moyes turned over the keys to the NHL. ALL events that took since the keys were turned over before and after the bankruptcy filling.
Yeah but I mean the discussion we're having right now about Tippett and GMDM.

Old
12-12-2012, 10:56 AM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

vCash: 1329
Quote:
Referendum effort is half over now, yes? Any updates on how that whole thing is going?
A handful a day so I am going to guess that he turns in a few hundred...I doubt half of those are even valid.

The only true way he and his "supporters" could have done this is with the paid circulars like Sanderson's had. So I think its like $2-$3 bucks a signature right? Even on the low end someone would have had to throw down over $15,000.

Old
12-12-2012, 11:22 AM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

vCash: 1329
Greg Jamison eager to turn his extensive experience into results with Phoenix Coyotes

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/heat...x-coyotes.html

Old
12-12-2012, 11:24 AM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Hey Greg

Less talk and more buying the team now. Put up or shut up!!!

Old
12-12-2012, 12:02 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Hey Greg

Less talk and more buying the team now. Put up or shut up!!!
He can't. Hasn't been 30 days.

Old
12-12-2012, 12:07 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
He can't. Hasn't been 30 days.
After 30 days is when he can sign the deal with the City. He can complete the sale with the NHL at anytime. It is already known for quite sometime that Jamison must complete the sale with the league before signing the lease with the city.

Old
12-12-2012, 12:17 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
After 30 days is when he can sign the deal with the City. He can complete the sale with the NHL at anytime. It is already known for quite sometime that Jamison must complete the sale with the league before signing the lease with the city.
He's not going to buy the team without getting the call that the runway is clear for landing in terms of the lease agreement. As it stands, Ken Jones is still buzzing around the landing strip on his Rascal Scooter and the GWI is circling in a Cessna threatening to crash land at any moment.

Plus, the IG part of JIG probably wants to know if there is actually going to be a season before going ahead. Hell, the BOG probably wants to know the same first, as well.

Old
12-12-2012, 12:36 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
He's not going to buy the team without getting the call that the runway is clear for landing in terms of the lease agreement. As it stands, Ken Jones is still buzzing around the landing strip on his Rascal Scooter and the GWI is circling in a Cessna threatening to crash land at any moment.

Plus, the IG part of JIG probably wants to know if there is actually going to be a season before going ahead. Hell, the BOG probably wants to know the same first, as well.
Unacceptable excuse seeing that Jamison has been around for well over a season now and had seemed to us he had no problem in his own words owning the Coyotes well before the lockout taking place, as well as others before him ie. Reindorf, IE, Hultsizer. Besides, we could be in another lockout 5 years from now and what? Jamison is going to bailout on the team then? If you are going to be an team then one has to make a commitment to handle the ownership of the team even through such a dark time(like the other 29 owners are right now).

The lease part is also unacceptable excuse as well seeing that Jamison was looking to buy the team at one point and then enter into talks with the city only in turn to relocate the team if a new lease didn't come into play or can't re-up on the yearly deal like the league has done the past few seasons.

Last edited by Colt45Blast: 12-12-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Old
12-12-2012, 01:00 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Unacceptable excuse seeing that Jamison has been around for well over a season now and had seemed to us he had no problem in his own words owning the Coyotes well before the lockout taking place, as well as others before him ie. Reindorf, IE, Hultsizer. Besides, we could be in another lockout 5 years from now and what? Jamison is going to bailout on the team then? If you are going to be an team then one has to make a commitment to handle the ownership of the team even through such a dark time(like the other 29 owners are right now).
So what you're basically complaining about is that Jamison hasn't bought the team yet despite not having a place to play in locked down yet. Am I reading that right? What rt was trying to nicely point out is that no deal can happen until the 30 days have passed. That whole pesky due process thing again.

Old
12-12-2012, 01:07 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
So what you're basically complaining about is that Jamison hasn't bought the team yet despite not having a place to play in locked down yet. Am I reading that right? What rt was trying to nicely point out is that no deal can happen until the 30 days have passed. That whole pesky due process thing again.
I saw that he is being nice and I in no way insulted him. Telling the truth is not the same as insulting someone.

Also "whole pesky due process thing again", here is what I said that you didn't quote.

Quote:
The lease part is also unacceptable excuse as well seeing that Jamison was looking to buy the team at one point and then enter into talks with the city only in turn to relocate the team if a new lease didn't come into play or can't re-up on the yearly deal like the league has done the past few seasons.

Old
12-12-2012, 02:56 PM
MP

Relocation would add tens of millions of dollars to the cost of owning the team. Surely you haven't forgotten the (as I recall) $60 million TNSE paid to take the Thrashers to Winnipeg? Jamison's group would be on the hook for at least that much. It makes a huge difference whether or not the lease gets done. Keep yer britches on.

Old
12-12-2012, 03:13 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Also, if he let's Tippett or Maloney go than he's a complete moron and deserves the very certain very immediate and very likely irreparable crash and burn of this organization that he will experience.

There is not a better GM or better coach for this team or any other struggling team, under water, clinging to life in the entire world. Maloney is the best in the business at finding players in the trash heap and Dave Tippett is the best in the business of getting the most out of them. Nobody can find a diamond in the rough like Don and nobody can polish them off and make them shine better than Tippett. If you are flat broke or bankrupt and still want a contender, you can't possibly do better than the battery of Maloney and Tippett.

If their contracts should happen to expire, I expect John Davidson will immediately fire every single executive and coach in Columbus and offer both Maloney and Tippett blank checks and carte Blanche to hire and fire at will. He'd be an idiot not to. Those two would have that team in the post season immediately in their first year. They'd have them winning rounds within three years.
Agreed, no way Jamison gets rid of Tippet or Maloney, it would just be insanely stupid and about the worst way to start his ownership.

Closed Thread