HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Mark Streit to Detroit

Old
12-12-2012, 10:34 AM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
The only way I'd want Streit dealt, was if the isles were out of the playoff race by the trade deadline and Streit rejected Snow's extension offer.
Well, yeah. That's what I meant by "deadline" deal.

Quote:
and at 35/36, Streit will be looking for the security of a multi-yr deal imo. Not a 1 yr contract.
Eh, it's probably just me but I think I'd probably pass at a 3-4 year deal on Streit. He's a good player, but you're talking diminishing returns going forward for a guy that age.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 10:39 AM
KrisBeKreame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post

Eh, it's probably just me but I think I'd probably pass at a 3-4 year deal on Streit. He's a good player, but you're talking diminishing returns going forward for a guy that age.
A guy that didnt get drafted until he was 27, has only played 6 seasons in the NHL, and is in amazing shape. I have no doubt he can play well into his 40's. I think like Lidstrom he will only retire when he is ready and i doubt that is anytime soon.

KrisBeKreame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 10:47 AM
RedWingsForPresident

Quincey and a 4th honestly might do it. Maybe they'd want a prospect instead of a pick like Landon Ferraro

RedWingsForPresident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 10:56 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsForPresident View Post
Quincey and a 4th honestly might do it. Maybe they'd want a prospect instead of a pick like Landon Ferraro
Isles have a very deep prospect pool. Imo they'd rather have the vet Streit, then a big downgrade on the blueline with Quincey+ or Landon Ferraro.

The Edmonton Journal reported last summer, that the Oilers called asking if Streit were available, but Snow's not interested in dealing him.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 10:59 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 129
Quote:

I'm wearing my glasses and I still missed that 'deadline' deal comment

and I'd be glad to see Streit sign a 3 yr extension. He doesn't have a lot of wear and tear and can mentor the young blueliners, who are knocking on the door: Donovan, De Haan, Reinhart.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 12:45 PM
leeroggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsForPresident View Post
For our number one defensemen? You're dreaming. Streit will re-sign with the Isles - he went through too much to leave as the team is on the cusp of a breakout.

leeroggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 01:04 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBeKreame View Post
A guy that didnt get drafted until he was 27, has only played 6 seasons in the NHL, and is in amazing shape. I have no doubt he can play well into his 40's. I think like Lidstrom he will only retire when he is ready and i doubt that is anytime soon.
I see your point about the late start in his career, but I still think it's kind of a risk to invest multiple years into a guy that age. Lidstrom went year to year... I wouldn't mind Streit doing the same. The most I'd give is 2 years.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 01:14 PM
blinkman360
Norris

Quote:
I see your point about the late start in his career, but I still think it's kind of a risk to invest multiple years into a guy that age. Lidstrom went year to year... I wouldn't mind Streit doing the same. The most I'd give is 2 years.
I'd love to get him for 2 years, but if he was about to walk away I'd offer the 3rd. The 4th year would be tough. Can't say for sure if I'd do it or not at this point. I'd consider it if it meant we could lower the cap hit from say 4 to 3.5.

Either way, as far as this thread goes I wouldn't trade Streit unless we were offered a top-10 prospect for him, which won't happen. Since he's one of the few vets we have on our blueline, as well as the fact that he's a great leader and our captain, it just wouldn't make sense to move him.

I'd say there is an 80-85% chance he re-signs.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 04:13 PM
startainfection*

kronwall for streit and macdonald

yes, i want kronwall for that package

startainfection* is offline   Reply With Quote