Notices

2012 CBA/Lockout talk, It's not looking good VI

Closed Thread

Old
12-12-2012, 08:00 AM
mikelvl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Kid is ballsy.. In a couple of years i'd like to see the whole buzzsaw line on the bruins. I've been to two p-bruins games this year and i've been impressed by their play. Even Robins.
In Elliotte Friedman's article posted yesterday, he asked several people who looked good in the AHL this year. Several players were named around the league, but MacDermid was the only P-Bruin named.

Old
12-12-2012, 08:21 AM
BlackNgold 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelvl View Post
In Elliotte Friedman's article posted yesterday, he asked several people who looked good in the AHL this year. Several players were named around the league, but MacDermid was the only P-Bruin named.
Good.. I like the kids game and he knows his role. Also he doesn't let things stop him. He got knocked down earlier this year, and that didn't phase him. He's gonna still keep on playing his type of game.

Old
12-12-2012, 08:29 AM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
Vampires live forever.
Well said!

Old
12-12-2012, 09:10 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
This is like waiting for a baby.....so a few observations about hockey from the lockout

1. Chris Bourque looks like a lock to end up in Boston (seen him a handful of times and like his game)

2. Get to know Svedberg folks- with the Cap dropping to 60 Mil next year he may be Boston's goalie.....he can really play

3. Good news (my view) expect to see lots of Buffalo and Steve Ott, Cody McCormick, Patrick Kaleta and the rest....I can't stand Ott but for entertainment and BS factor possibly 6-7 games against these guys

4. Bruins should only get maybe one trip the Winnipeg this year which is going to be the odd blimp in the reduced travel idea

5. I can see this just.....ending. All of a sudden tomorrow or next Tuesday its just announced- no media just done

Old
12-12-2012, 09:25 AM
Roll 4 Lines
Gitchyasum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
This is like waiting for a baby.....so a few observations about hockey from the lockout

1. Chris Bourque looks like a lock to end up in Boston (seen him a handful of times and like his game)

2. Get to know Svedberg folks- with the Cap dropping to 60 Mil next year he may be Boston's goalie.....he can really play

3. Good news (my view) expect to see lots of Buffalo and Steve Ott, Cody McCormick, Patrick Kaleta and the rest....I can't stand Ott but for entertainment and BS factor possibly 6-7 games against these guys

4. Bruins should only get maybe one trip the Winnipeg this year which is going to be the odd blimp in the reduced travel idea

5. I can see this just.....ending. All of a sudden tomorrow or next Tuesday its just announced- no media just done
As for #2. His numbers sure look good, but I havent had the pleasure of seeing him play....yet.

As for #5.

Old
12-12-2012, 11:36 AM
mikelvl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post

Don't forget John Scott. Not sure how happy Thornton is about that. But if Chara gets involved, it might be the biggest heavyweight brawl of all time.

Old
12-12-2012, 11:55 AM
TheReal13Linseman
Registered Abuser

Not many in the "real" U.S. sports world, as it's defined outside of HFB (the foxnews sports site doesn't even list a header for "NHL" now, for cripe's sake), have noticed or even care that there's no NHL. Not speaking for Canada.

NFL will cruise through January; College basketball/NBA through the Spring; MLB spring training will start up; we cruise into summer...

NHLPA overplaying its hand. Again.

No matter what, Soderberg would've scored there.
Pastrnak means "Eurolectric" in Czech. Look it up.
Old
12-12-2012, 12:14 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Really? I thought they might have a hard time covering off Boychuks size, but figured if they had to move either he or Ference it'd be doable with some of the folks in Provo? I may not worry enough that there are not many high end choices down there though, as the guys the B's made their defense corp out of were never really those types of guys anyway. Julien just always seems to be able to get the best out of his D.

you do make a very valid point about julien - his system gives you the ability to cover up some lesser players...but with regards to individuals ready for primetime, i don't see much in providence. krug could possibly turn into a bottom pairing puck mover. bartkowski i never saw the excitement with his game. warsofsky is explosive but i don't think he'll ever be able to play defense against NHL bodies. trotman seems intriguing from what i've seen/heard...but not yet.

i guess the guy who'll end up in boston is aaron johnson. he's a tweener but has played enough NHL games to be able to hang. i figured hamilton would make the team and they'd scratch AJ most of the time...spot him in when injuries or dougie's learning curve shows up.

Old
12-12-2012, 01:20 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelvl View Post
Don't forget John Scott. Not sure how happy Thornton is about that. But if Chara gets involved, it might be the biggest heavyweight brawl of all time.
Thinking Scott's only match on the Bruins may be Lucic...

Old
12-12-2012, 01:20 PM
WBC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs View Post
you do make a very valid point about julien - his system gives you the ability to cover up some lesser players...but with regards to individuals ready for primetime, i don't see much in providence. krug could possibly turn into a bottom pairing puck mover. bartkowski i never saw the excitement with his game. warsofsky is explosive but i don't think he'll ever be able to play defense against NHL bodies. trotman seems intriguing from what i've seen/heard...but not yet.

i guess the guy who'll end up in boston is aaron johnson. he's a tweener but has played enough NHL games to be able to hang. i figured hamilton would make the team and they'd scratch AJ most of the time...spot him in when injuries or dougie's learning curve shows up.
Agree with this... Had DH and Johnson penciled in as the 6 and 7..

Old
12-12-2012, 01:25 PM
JMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Thinking Scott's only match on the Bruins may be Lucic...
Seems like were always waiting for the next biggest baddest fighter to overwhelm Thornton- Orr, Laraque, Boogaard- but he always handles his business. He's the best technical HW in the league IMO.

No way Lucic should waste a second looking at Scott- if they're on the ice at the same time I'd want Lucic to take advantage on the scoreborard.

Last edited by JMiller: 12-12-2012 at 01:31 PM.
Old
12-12-2012, 02:01 PM
Scotto74
First in line...

Quote:
Seems like were always waiting for the next biggest baddest fighter to overwhelm Thornton- Orr, Laraque, Boogaard- but he always handles his business. He's the best technical HW in the league IMO.

No way Lucic should waste a second looking at Scott- if they're on the ice at the same time I'd want Lucic to take advantage on the scoreborard.
agree. no matter how big and bad the other teams heavy is Thorton does his job by making them a non-factor by taking them on most of the time holding his own very well.

You don't want Lucic going with a 4th line goon unless Scott takes a run at one of our guys and Lucic just happens to be on the ice then it should be go time.

BOSTON STRONG!!!
Old
12-12-2012, 02:03 PM
WBC8

Quote:

Very true. boogaard was shot when he was on the Rangers, but he handles the stronger Orr and the bigger Laraque well... Add in Cam Janssen hanging in there vs Scott and you have changed my mind...

Old
12-12-2012, 02:15 PM
ODAAT

Think there should be a Cup awarded to the team who wins it all during a lockout.....called the GB cup, half the size of the real and legit Cup, that's how I feel about a BS half season

Old
12-12-2012, 02:18 PM
Therick67

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Think there should be a Cup awarded to the team who wins it all during a lockout.....called the GB cup, half the size of the real and legit Cup, that's how I feel about a BS half season
With this leagues track record, it would get enough use to make another cup a good ideal.

Old
12-12-2012, 02:19 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReal13Linseman View Post
Not many in the "real" U.S. sports world, as it's defined outside of HFB (the foxnews sports site doesn't even list a header for "NHL" now, for cripe's sake), have noticed or even care that there's no NHL. Not speaking for Canada.

NFL will cruise through January; College basketball/NBA through the Spring; MLB spring training will start up; we cruise into summer...

NHLPA overplaying its hand. Again.
This is how I feel as well. These guys were already behind the 8ball to begin with in terms of popularity. It's as if they're totally oblivious to that fact.

Old
12-12-2012, 02:19 PM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therick67 View Post
With this leagues track record, it would get enough use to make another cup a good ideal.
Almost embarrassing being such a die hard fan during times like these

Old
12-12-2012, 02:22 PM
Neely08

Quote:
It should be half it's normal size and have a chain and padlock around it.

Old
12-12-2012, 02:24 PM
Therick67

Quote:
Sure, but that cup victory wouldn't have been as sweet.

I have to admit, something has changed with me the last day or two. I don't care what happens at this point.

Old
12-12-2012, 02:30 PM
Neely08

Quote:
It does get tiring constantly sticking up for this game. You hosers up north don't have that problem. But around Boston, w/ 3 other major competing sports, you can get into it w/ people sometimes. Even when they are playing.

Old
12-12-2012, 02:40 PM
Roll 4 Lines
Gitchyasum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
It does get tiring constantly sticking up for this game. You hosers up north don't have that problem. But around Boston, w/ 3 other major competing sports, you can get into it w/ people sometimes. Even when they are playing.
Recently I've found myself quite often saying "I don't wanna talk about it."

And then I just walk away....

Old
12-12-2012, 03:12 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

We have hockey, the Toronto Raptors and Toronto Blue Jays. Honestly, the lockout is more exciting then watching either of the other two play imo.

Old
12-12-2012, 03:18 PM
Greyhounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
We have hockey, the Toronto Raptors and Toronto Blue Jays. Honestly, the lockout is more exciting then watching either of the other two play imo.
I wouldn't know. I've never tried watching the Raptors, and it's been over 2 decades since I made any serious attempt at watching the Jays.

Let's get this season going.

Old
12-12-2012, 03:20 PM
WBC8

Quote:
Yep agree. These marathon sprints are a war of attrition and not really a "season" IMO.

Closed Thread