HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 CBA/Lockout talk, It's not looking good VI

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-12-2012, 08:00 AM
  #676
mikelvl
Registered User
 
mikelvl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,852
vCash: 500
Quote:
Kid is ballsy.. In a couple of years i'd like to see the whole buzzsaw line on the bruins. I've been to two p-bruins games this year and i've been impressed by their play. Even Robins.
In Elliotte Friedman's article posted yesterday, he asked several people who looked good in the AHL this year. Several players were named around the league, but MacDermid was the only P-Bruin named.

mikelvl is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 08:21 AM
  #677
BlackNgold 84
Registered User
 
BlackNgold 84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Country: United States
Posts: 2,272
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelvl View Post
In Elliotte Friedman's article posted yesterday, he asked several people who looked good in the AHL this year. Several players were named around the league, but MacDermid was the only P-Bruin named.
Good.. I like the kids game and he knows his role. Also he doesn't let things stop him. He got knocked down earlier this year, and that didn't phase him. He's gonna still keep on playing his type of game.

BlackNgold 84 is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 08:29 AM
  #678
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson
 
BMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Northeastern CT
Country: United States
Posts: 21,061
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
Vampires live forever.
Well said!

BMC is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 09:10 AM
  #679
DKH
Registered User
 
DKH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 27,924
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
This is like waiting for a baby.....so a few observations about hockey from the lockout

1. Chris Bourque looks like a lock to end up in Boston (seen him a handful of times and like his game)

2. Get to know Svedberg folks- with the Cap dropping to 60 Mil next year he may be Boston's goalie.....he can really play

3. Good news (my view) expect to see lots of Buffalo and Steve Ott, Cody McCormick, Patrick Kaleta and the rest....I can't stand Ott but for entertainment and BS factor possibly 6-7 games against these guys

4. Bruins should only get maybe one trip the Winnipeg this year which is going to be the odd blimp in the reduced travel idea

5. I can see this just.....ending. All of a sudden tomorrow or next Tuesday its just announced- no media just done

DKH is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 09:25 AM
  #681
Roll 4 Lines
Gitchyasum!
 
Roll 4 Lines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bear Country
Country: United States
Posts: 5,696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
This is like waiting for a baby.....so a few observations about hockey from the lockout

1. Chris Bourque looks like a lock to end up in Boston (seen him a handful of times and like his game)

2. Get to know Svedberg folks- with the Cap dropping to 60 Mil next year he may be Boston's goalie.....he can really play

3. Good news (my view) expect to see lots of Buffalo and Steve Ott, Cody McCormick, Patrick Kaleta and the rest....I can't stand Ott but for entertainment and BS factor possibly 6-7 games against these guys

4. Bruins should only get maybe one trip the Winnipeg this year which is going to be the odd blimp in the reduced travel idea

5. I can see this just.....ending. All of a sudden tomorrow or next Tuesday its just announced- no media just done
As for #2. His numbers sure look good, but I havent had the pleasure of seeing him play....yet.

As for #5.

Roll 4 Lines is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 11:36 AM
  #682
mikelvl
Registered User
 
mikelvl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,852
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
This is like waiting for a baby.....so a few observations about hockey from the lockout

3. Good news (my view) expect to see lots of Buffalo and Steve Ott, Cody McCormick, Patrick Kaleta and the rest....I can't stand Ott but for entertainment and BS factor possibly 6-7 games against these guys
Don't forget John Scott. Not sure how happy Thornton is about that. But if Chara gets involved, it might be the biggest heavyweight brawl of all time.

mikelvl is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 11:55 AM
  #683
TheReal13Linseman
Registered Abuser
 
TheReal13Linseman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Nation's Capital
Country: United States
Posts: 6,929
vCash: 500
Not many in the "real" U.S. sports world, as it's defined outside of HFB (the foxnews sports site doesn't even list a header for "NHL" now, for cripe's sake), have noticed or even care that there's no NHL. Not speaking for Canada.

NFL will cruise through January; College basketball/NBA through the Spring; MLB spring training will start up; we cruise into summer...

NHLPA overplaying its hand. Again.

__________________
My views have No Movement Clauses.
Bruins HF Board: Come for the lunacy; stay for the snipefest.
Marchand: Today's Linseman
No matter what, Soderberg would've scored there.
Pastrnak means "Eurolectric" in Czech. Look it up.
TheReal13Linseman is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 12:14 PM
  #684
neelynugs
Registered User
 
neelynugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Vote Quimby!
Posts: 29,582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Really? I thought they might have a hard time covering off Boychuks size, but figured if they had to move either he or Ference it'd be doable with some of the folks in Provo? I may not worry enough that there are not many high end choices down there though, as the guys the B's made their defense corp out of were never really those types of guys anyway. Julien just always seems to be able to get the best out of his D.

.
you do make a very valid point about julien - his system gives you the ability to cover up some lesser players...but with regards to individuals ready for primetime, i don't see much in providence. krug could possibly turn into a bottom pairing puck mover. bartkowski i never saw the excitement with his game. warsofsky is explosive but i don't think he'll ever be able to play defense against NHL bodies. trotman seems intriguing from what i've seen/heard...but not yet.

i guess the guy who'll end up in boston is aaron johnson. he's a tweener but has played enough NHL games to be able to hang. i figured hamilton would make the team and they'd scratch AJ most of the time...spot him in when injuries or dougie's learning curve shows up.

neelynugs is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 01:20 PM
  #685
WBC8
Registered User
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: HFL 4 Life
Country: United States
Posts: 35,738
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelvl View Post
Don't forget John Scott. Not sure how happy Thornton is about that. But if Chara gets involved, it might be the biggest heavyweight brawl of all time.
Thinking Scott's only match on the Bruins may be Lucic...

WBC8 is online now  
Old
12-12-2012, 01:20 PM
  #686
WBC8
Registered User
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: HFL 4 Life
Country: United States
Posts: 35,738
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs View Post
you do make a very valid point about julien - his system gives you the ability to cover up some lesser players...but with regards to individuals ready for primetime, i don't see much in providence. krug could possibly turn into a bottom pairing puck mover. bartkowski i never saw the excitement with his game. warsofsky is explosive but i don't think he'll ever be able to play defense against NHL bodies. trotman seems intriguing from what i've seen/heard...but not yet.

i guess the guy who'll end up in boston is aaron johnson. he's a tweener but has played enough NHL games to be able to hang. i figured hamilton would make the team and they'd scratch AJ most of the time...spot him in when injuries or dougie's learning curve shows up.
Agree with this... Had DH and Johnson penciled in as the 6 and 7..

WBC8 is online now  
Old
12-12-2012, 01:25 PM
  #687
JMiller
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Watertown
Posts: 14,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Thinking Scott's only match on the Bruins may be Lucic...
Seems like were always waiting for the next biggest baddest fighter to overwhelm Thornton- Orr, Laraque, Boogaard- but he always handles his business. He's the best technical HW in the league IMO.

No way Lucic should waste a second looking at Scott- if they're on the ice at the same time I'd want Lucic to take advantage on the scoreborard.


Last edited by JMiller: 12-12-2012 at 01:31 PM.
JMiller is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 02:01 PM
  #688
Scotto74
First in line...
 
Scotto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kingston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
Seems like were always waiting for the next biggest baddest fighter to overwhelm Thornton- Orr, Laraque, Boogaard- but he always handles his business. He's the best technical HW in the league IMO.

No way Lucic should waste a second looking at Scott- if they're on the ice at the same time I'd want Lucic to take advantage on the scoreborard.
agree. no matter how big and bad the other teams heavy is Thorton does his job by making them a non-factor by taking them on most of the time holding his own very well.

You don't want Lucic going with a 4th line goon unless Scott takes a run at one of our guys and Lucic just happens to be on the ice then it should be go time.

__________________
Love the city, hate the Hab™


BOSTON STRONG!!!
Scotto74 is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 02:03 PM
  #689
WBC8
Registered User
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: HFL 4 Life
Country: United States
Posts: 35,738
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
Seems like were always waiting for the next biggest baddest fighter to overwhelm Thornton- Orr, Laraque, Boogaard- but he always handles his business. He's the best technical HW in the league IMO.

No way Lucic should waste a second looking at Scott- if they're on the ice at the same time I'd want Lucic to take advantage on the scoreborard.
Very true. boogaard was shot when he was on the Rangers, but he handles the stronger Orr and the bigger Laraque well... Add in Cam Janssen hanging in there vs Scott and you have changed my mind...

WBC8 is online now  
Old
12-12-2012, 02:15 PM
  #690
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,713
vCash: 500
Think there should be a Cup awarded to the team who wins it all during a lockout.....called the GB cup, half the size of the real and legit Cup, that's how I feel about a BS half season

ODAAT is online now  
Old
12-12-2012, 02:18 PM
  #691
Therick67
Registered User
 
Therick67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: South of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 4,482
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Think there should be a Cup awarded to the team who wins it all during a lockout.....called the GB cup, half the size of the real and legit Cup, that's how I feel about a BS half season
With this leagues track record, it would get enough use to make another cup a good ideal.

Therick67 is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 02:19 PM
  #692
Neely08
Registered User
 
Neely08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 17,707
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReal13Linseman View Post
Not many in the "real" U.S. sports world, as it's defined outside of HFB (the foxnews sports site doesn't even list a header for "NHL" now, for cripe's sake), have noticed or even care that there's no NHL. Not speaking for Canada.

NFL will cruise through January; College basketball/NBA through the Spring; MLB spring training will start up; we cruise into summer...

NHLPA overplaying its hand. Again.
This is how I feel as well. These guys were already behind the 8ball to begin with in terms of popularity. It's as if they're totally oblivious to that fact.

Neely08 is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 02:19 PM
  #693
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therick67 View Post
With this leagues track record, it would get enough use to make another cup a good ideal.
Almost embarrassing being such a die hard fan during times like these

ODAAT is online now  
Old
12-12-2012, 02:22 PM
  #694
Neely08
Registered User
 
Neely08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 17,707
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Think there should be a Cup awarded to the team who wins it all during a lockout.....called the GB cup, half the size of the real and legit Cup, that's how I feel about a BS half season
It should be half it's normal size and have a chain and padlock around it.

Neely08 is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 02:24 PM
  #695
Therick67
Registered User
 
Therick67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: South of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 4,482
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Almost embarrassing being such a die hard fan during times like these
Sure, but that cup victory wouldn't have been as sweet.

I have to admit, something has changed with me the last day or two. I don't care what happens at this point.

Therick67 is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 02:30 PM
  #696
Neely08
Registered User
 
Neely08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 17,707
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Almost embarrassing being such a die hard fan during times like these
It does get tiring constantly sticking up for this game. You hosers up north don't have that problem. But around Boston, w/ 3 other major competing sports, you can get into it w/ people sometimes. Even when they are playing.

Neely08 is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 02:40 PM
  #697
Roll 4 Lines
Gitchyasum!
 
Roll 4 Lines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bear Country
Country: United States
Posts: 5,696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
It does get tiring constantly sticking up for this game. You hosers up north don't have that problem. But around Boston, w/ 3 other major competing sports, you can get into it w/ people sometimes. Even when they are playing.
Recently I've found myself quite often saying "I don't wanna talk about it."

And then I just walk away....

Roll 4 Lines is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 03:12 PM
  #698
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.
 
Kaoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,617
vCash: 500
We have hockey, the Toronto Raptors and Toronto Blue Jays. Honestly, the lockout is more exciting then watching either of the other two play imo.

Kaoz is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 03:18 PM
  #699
Greyhounds
Registered User
 
Greyhounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Nashua
Country: United States
Posts: 11,056
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
We have hockey, the Toronto Raptors and Toronto Blue Jays. Honestly, the lockout is more exciting then watching either of the other two play imo.
I wouldn't know. I've never tried watching the Raptors, and it's been over 2 decades since I made any serious attempt at watching the Jays.

Let's get this season going.

Greyhounds is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 03:20 PM
  #700
WBC8
Registered User
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: HFL 4 Life
Country: United States
Posts: 35,738
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Think there should be a Cup awarded to the team who wins it all during a lockout.....called the GB cup, half the size of the real and legit Cup, that's how I feel about a BS half season
Yep agree. These marathon sprints are a war of attrition and not really a "season" IMO.

WBC8 is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.