HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Official Bears Thread #13 - Bears fall to 8-6

Closed Thread

Old
12-11-2012, 03:58 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
I find this statement sort of silly. This team has had plenty of breaks, up to and including the Packers/Seattle debacle which helped give the Bears the division lead (for a while). The fact is, we haven't been able to play to the level we should in order to capitalize on the breaks we had, and no we have pissed them away and they put themselves into the situation they are in. I'm not sure the Bears deserve any more breaks, they need to simply go out and earn a spot in the playoffs.
Actually that doesn't look like a break at all

The Seahawks win over Packers might ultimately be one of the reasons the Bears miss playoffs

Old
12-11-2012, 04:19 PM
Recoil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Actually that doesn't look like a break at all

The Seahawks win over Packers might ultimately be one of the reasons the Bears miss playoffs
Interestingly enough, yes this is true, and I had that conversation with a couple buddies of mine on Sunday. At the time, it was a huge break, but when you don't take care of your own business, stuff like that can come around and bite you.

Old
12-11-2012, 04:23 PM
madgoat33

lol billy ****ing cundiff

that would have been too much

Old
12-12-2012, 12:52 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

not totally against Mare and not sold of missing the POs

Old
12-12-2012, 12:57 AM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

Still fairly confident the Bears will be in the playoffs, but the injuries as well as the team's limitations even when healthy give me the unfortunately strong feeling that they aren't really going anywhere.

Old
12-12-2012, 04:47 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

I know I will catch hell for this but at this point I would rather this team lose out and get a better pick then make the play-offs and get crushed by GB, NYG, SF, or ho ever else in the first round.

Old
12-12-2012, 05:17 AM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
I know I will catch hell for this but at this point I would rather this team lose out and get a better pick then make the play-offs and get crushed by GB, NYG, SF, or ho ever else in the first round.
i wouldn't mind losing out as long as it costs lovie and his goon squad their jobs

Old
12-12-2012, 05:54 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Like last year, it looks like a win win situation.

Make the POs and have a slight chance or get Smith and staff fired (last year it was Angelo)

Old
12-12-2012, 08:02 AM
RayP

vCash: 50
Quote:
I won't be upset by any means if we make the playoffs, but I also wouldn't be upset if we end up losing out and get a top 20 pick... and snag Ogletree.

Old
12-12-2012, 08:32 AM
Recoil

Quote:
Not me, I'm sick of this "8-8 not quite good enough to make the big show" BS. Other teams manage just fine to continue to build good teams while making the playoffs every year. That's the program we need to all be on.

Old
12-12-2012, 08:39 AM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

I'd much rather make playoffs than move up a few spots in the draft. Anything can happen in the playoffs, and who knows who gets drafted and if they meet expectations.

Old
12-12-2012, 09:21 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorMenT View Post
I'd much rather make playoffs than move up a few spots in the draft. Anything can happen in the playoffs, and who knows who gets drafted and if they meet expectations.
Anything can't happen in the play-offs though. This Bears O-line won't suddenly become much better. Tice won't suddenly figure it all out.

I feel like the Bears, Bulls and Blackhawks are all in the same boat right now. Close but not there, and unless those teams fix the issues they have they aren't winning anything. They will continue to be good but not good enough.

Old
12-12-2012, 09:47 AM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

And what happens if our oline plays just a little better, our receivers drop 1 less TD catch, and a starting QB for opposing team goes down? Anything can happen, as displayed by the 8-8 Giants last year

Old
12-12-2012, 09:50 AM
RayP

Oline has shown some sings of life lately, IMO.

Old
12-12-2012, 09:54 AM
RayP

Apparently Mendenhall is acting like a little *****, and has been suspended for a game and banished by the team. He was told last week he wasn't going to dress, so he didn't even bother showing up to the stadium.

Disappointing to hear, have always been a big fan since his Illini days, despite his Bin Laden comments.

Old
12-12-2012, 10:36 AM
Illinihockey

Bears sign Okoye to a 1 year deal

Old
12-12-2012, 11:52 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Making Playoffs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Losing out to finish 8-8 and get a pick around 19th for GM to throwaway again

Old
12-12-2012, 12:01 PM
Recoil

Quote:
Making Playoffs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Losing out to finish 8-8 and get a pick around 19th for GM to throwaway again
BTW, I didn't reply to the specific comment above, but I'm not prepared to declare the 2012 Draft Class a bust yet like some others have.

McClellen: OK hasn't showed a ton other than speed his first season, and he doesn't show a ton of strength yet, but he wouldn't be the only DE to not show what he's capable of Year 1. We can't judge him yet, and frankly, if Lovie goes and a new HC converts this team to a 3-4, Emery may have may have made a pretty smart move.

Jeffrey: I think we all see potential in this kid

Hardin: Injuries are the only concern here. If he can stay healthy, he's big, fast, and the model of the new NFL DB (think: Seattle). Size like his is what we need going against the Megatrons, Finleys, and other monsters on the offensive side of the ball.

Rodriguez: Seems to have some talent, and I'm sure he can be more than just a blocking back. He's WAY underutilized so it's too early to call him a bust. He isn't the only underutilized guy in Tice's offense this year, so lets not hold that against him.

Old
12-12-2012, 12:28 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
BTW, I didn't reply to the specific comment above, but I'm not prepared to declare the 2012 Draft Class a bust yet like some others have.

McClellen: OK hasn't showed a ton other than speed his first season, and he doesn't show a ton of strength yet, but he wouldn't be the only DE to not show what he's capable of Year 1. We can't judge him yet, and frankly, if Lovie goes and a new HC converts this team to a 3-4, Emery may have may have made a pretty smart move.

Jeffrey: I think we all see potential in this kid

Hardin: Injuries are the only concern here. If he can stay healthy, he's big, fast, and the model of the new NFL DB (think: Seattle). Size like his is what we need going against the Megatrons, Finleys, and other monsters on the offensive side of the ball.

Rodriguez: Seems to have some talent, and I'm sure he can be more than just a blocking back. He's WAY underutilized so it's too early to call him a bust. He isn't the only underutilized guy in Tice's offense this year, so lets not hold that against him.
Hardin has been injured for 2 straight years ,, It was a wasted pick and looks even worse now

I dont think anyone is upset with Jeffrey pick ,, Infact I remember most around here loving the pick at time and he has shown some #1 potential

Rodriguez is a poor blocker but doesn't have the hands to be a receiving TE in NFL either

If he was better blocker he would have future as FB ,, But he as of right now looks like a guy without much of a position or future

McClellian was 19th overall pick and has contributed very little to team with decent amount of playing time

Old
12-12-2012, 12:46 PM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

vCash: 1868
Hardin had a sprained neck. He's been healthy for months but the Bears didn't want to give him a roster spot at the beginning of the year, not his fault.

Rodriguez has been a good blocking fullback and there's no way to evaluate his hands when he has like two targets the whole year.

Old
12-12-2012, 01:18 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gootie View Post
Hardin had a sprained neck. He's been healthy for months but the Bears didn't want to give him a roster spot at the beginning of the year, not his fault.

Rodriguez has been a good blocking fullback and there's no way to evaluate his hands when he has like two targets the whole year.
He still has not played competitive football (Unless you actually believe preseason is that) in 2 years

Old
12-12-2012, 01:22 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Hardin has been injured for 2 straight years ,, It was a wasted pick and looks even worse now

I dont think anyone is upset with Jeffrey pick ,, Infact I remember most around here loving the pick at time and he has shown some #1 potential

Rodriguez is a poor blocker but doesn't have the hands to be a receiving TE in NFL either

If he was better blocker he would have future as FB ,, But he as of right now looks like a guy without much of a position or future

McClellian was 19th overall pick and has contributed very little to team with decent amount of playing time
You are flat wrong about Rodriguez, he's been a wrecking ball as an H-back. He's not an inline blocker, but he's a very good blocker coming out of the back field. To me he looks like a great full back but an average at best tight end.

I wish McClellin would get more playing time, he's made an impact when in there, he just hasn't gotten enough snaps. I would imagine his sack to snap ratio would be in the top 3 of any rookie. Also doesn't help he's missed what amounts to 3 games with injury.

I do agree about Hardin. The guy has all of the measureables you want but he couldn't stay healthy in college and you don't suddenly get healthy in the pro's. I didn't like that pick when it was made and still don't. Even if he has a good season next year, he'll probably end up hurt the next

Old
12-12-2012, 01:26 PM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

vCash: 1868
Quote:
He still has not played competitive football (Unless you actually believe preseason is that) in 2 years
This year isn't entirely his fault. He was ready to go a few weeks after the neck injury. He'd be backing up Conte/Wright or even the CB's if the Bears had kept him on the roster.

Old
12-12-2012, 01:26 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

vCash: 1625
Evan Rodriguez would be perfect for Gruden. Spider Two Wide Banana's all day!

I can never pass up a Spider Two Wide Banana joke.

Old
12-12-2012, 01:44 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

vCash: 1625
Quote:
Chicago Bears: Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
Jon Gruden highlighted the fact that the Bears haven't had a reliable pass-catching tight end since Greg Olsen was on the team. They jettisoned Olsen because Mike Martz hates receiving tight ends, but Martz is long gone, so it's time for them to go back to that. Jay Cutler would really benefit from having a dependable target over the middle of the field. After all, Cutler can't keep throwing it to Brandon Marshall on every single play.
http://walterfootball.com/draft2013_1.php

Closed Thread