HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Joel Edmundson

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-09-2012, 01:05 PM
  #1
stlweir
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 500
Joel Edmundson

The Kamloops GM had glowing things to say about Edmundson as a leader, puck mover(?) and his toughness. Would anyone who has seen him play this year care to give an assessment?

stlweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 03:55 PM
  #2
EL Bandito
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Edwardsville, IL
Posts: 179
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to EL Bandito
He's my favorite LHD prospect in our system outside of Cole. I'd say those comments are dead on. The puck moving bit at this point would relate more to moving the puck out of the defensive zone rather than creatively moving the puck around offensively. He sticks up for his teammates all the time. He's physically punishing when he gets pissed and can fight well. I think he's got some untapped offensive potential and am looking forward to seeing what he can do on Kamloops who are a good offensive club. He's got a bomb of a shot that easily gets up 95+mph as well. I think if he continues developing and reaches his potential, he could be a nasty Derian Hatcher type of dman with better skating but bringing a bit less offensively to the table.

EL Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 04:03 PM
  #3
PerryTurnbullfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Penalty Box
Country:
Posts: 2,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL Bandito View Post
He's my favorite LHD prospect in our system outside of Cole. I'd say those comments are dead on. The puck moving bit at this point would relate more to moving the puck out of the defensive zone rather than creatively moving the puck around offensively. He sticks up for his teammates all the time. He's physically punishing when he gets pissed and can fight well. I think he's got some untapped offensive potential and am looking forward to seeing what he can do on Kamloops who are a good offensive club. He's got a bomb of a shot that easily gets up 95+mph as well. I think if he continues developing and reaches his potential, he could be a nasty Derian Hatcher type of dman with better skating but bringing a bit less offensively to the table.
He has flat out pounded a couple folks this year. His first scrap after someone dumped his teammate on the face off. He set the tone right away. I like him alot. May be a good guy to put with Pietrangelo as his defensive partner.

PerryTurnbullfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 06:17 PM
  #4
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window
 
PocketNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Crested Butte, CO
Posts: 9,298
vCash: 500
He has a Garrison type bomb of a shot and, like Garrison, emerged as a defensive dman first and foremost. Honestly, Edmundson reaching that kind of potential would probably be a bigger deal to the Blues than even someone like Rattie reaching his. Meaning, if I could have a 40-goal scoring Rattie or Edmundson plays like Garrison did last season, I choose the latter based on team boost.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 08:00 PM
  #5
Bluesnatic27
Registered User
 
Bluesnatic27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
He has a Garrison type bomb of a shot and, like Garrison, emerged as a defensive dman first and foremost. Honestly, Edmundson reaching that kind of potential would probably be a bigger deal to the Blues than even someone like Rattie reaching his. Meaning, if I could have a 40-goal scoring Rattie or Edmundson plays like Garrison did last season, I choose the latter based on team boost.
Well let's hope we get both

Bluesnatic27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 01:19 PM
  #6
Mike Liut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,088
vCash: 50
Edmundson sounds like Duncan Sieman's, a prospect that I really wanted. I have wanted a big physical dman who can fight for a long time. Probably why I like Polak so much.

Mike Liut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 03:54 PM
  #7
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window
 
PocketNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Crested Butte, CO
Posts: 9,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Liut View Post
Edmundson sounds like Duncan Sieman's, a prospect that I really wanted. I have wanted a big physical dman who can fight for a long time. Probably why I like Polak so much.
Siemens has more offensive talent than Edmundson. Just to be clear, comparing him to Garrison derives from the 95+mph shot and the defensive dman profile they both have. Edmundson will have to figure out how to turn that shot into a true weapon and it's a longshot he will. At least he has the velocity, just needs to develop the accuracy. If he developed into an NHLer and was paired with Pietrangelo, PK defenses would probably focus much more on Petro giving Edmundson more time and space.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 04:01 PM
  #8
stlweir
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 500
Edmundson would also make players pay for taking a run at Pie.

stlweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 09:42 AM
  #9
Daley Tarasenkshow
#hateonbackes
 
Daley Tarasenkshow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: St. Louis MO
Country: United States
Posts: 3,772
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
He has a Garrison type bomb of a shot and, like Garrison, emerged as a defensive dman first and foremost. Honestly, Edmundson reaching that kind of potential would probably be a bigger deal to the Blues than even someone like Rattie reaching his. Meaning, if I could have a 40-goal scoring Rattie or Edmundson plays like Garrison did last season, I choose the latter based on team boost.
I would have to politely disagree. While I think the blues would benefit having a solid LHD in Edmundson, I don't think he'll help as much as a player who would score 40 goals. The blues haven't had a solid goal scorer since brad boyes, and even then he was inconsistent, and didn't stay hot for too long. A Garrison-type Edmundson would help, but with petro, shatty, and Cole as a LHD, I don't think the value is there, really.

Daley Tarasenkshow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 10:22 PM
  #10
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke
 
bluesfan94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 8,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by reavesthemaniac View Post
I would have to politely disagree. While I think the blues would benefit having a solid LHD in Edmundson, I don't think he'll help as much as a player who would score 40 goals. The blues haven't had a solid goal scorer since brad boyes, and even then he was inconsistent, and didn't stay hot for too long. A Garrison-type Edmundson would help, but with petro, shatty, and Cole as a LHD, I don't think the value is there, really.
Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk are both right handed

bluesfan94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 07:41 AM
  #11
stlweir
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 500
With a 1 goal. 3assist game Edmundson has 2 goals, 4,assists in 6 games since being traded to Kamloops.

Looking at the high scoring Kamloops stats I see that Edmundson is tied for most points on the team by a D man. With limited offense coming from the D it appears Edmundson is being asked to fill more of an offensive roll. So far so good.


Last edited by stlweir: 12-20-2012 at 08:11 AM. Reason: Addition
stlweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.