HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Okposo to SJ

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-12-2012, 01:17 PM
  #1
thrillermiller89
Registered User
 
thrillermiller89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 1,411
vCash: 500
Okposo to SJ

Just curious of what it would take for the Sharks to grab Okposo

thrillermiller89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 01:21 PM
  #2
capitalsrock
Registered User
 
capitalsrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,970
vCash: 500
Most likely a defenseman such as Braun/Demers would be a good starting point.

capitalsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 01:24 PM
  #3
SLAPSHOT723
Moderator
Johnny Rockets
 
SLAPSHOT723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 17,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post
Most likely a defenseman such as Braun/Demers would be a good starting point.
It's an okay starting point, but there's no reason to trade Okposo. He's one of our few RH forwards, and is a homegrown talent.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 01:35 PM
  #4
seafoam
Registered User
 
seafoam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 36,996
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
It's an okay starting point, but there's no reason to trade Okposo. He's one of our few RH forwards, and is a homegrown talent.
Unless the deal is around Burns, no reason to trade Okposo as said above.

seafoam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 02:31 PM
  #5
Falco5
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
It's an okay starting point, but there's no reason to trade Okposo. He's one of our few RH forwards, and is a homegrown talent.
Makes sense, but would the islanders not even consider Demers/Braun + 1st, or Clowe + 1st?

Falco5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 02:34 PM
  #6
SLAPSHOT723
Moderator
Johnny Rockets
 
SLAPSHOT723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 17,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco5 View Post
Makes sense, but would the islanders not even consider Demers/Braun + 1st, or Clowe + 1st?
Probably not. Those are very good packages, but the 1st isn't needed since the Islanders' prospect pool is very strong.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 02:36 PM
  #7
KrisBeKreame
Registered User
 
KrisBeKreame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,450
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco5 View Post
Makes sense, but would the islanders not even consider Demers/Braun + 1st, or Clowe + 1st?
Nope not at all.

KrisBeKreame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 02:37 PM
  #8
Falco5
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
Probably not. Those are very good packages, but the 1st isn't needed since the Islanders' prospect pool is very strong.
Got it. The sharks love to trade away picks and I'm sure they would have no problem giving up plenty for a solid player like Okposo.

Falco5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 02:41 PM
  #9
KrisBeKreame
Registered User
 
KrisBeKreame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,450
vCash: 500
I think a deal of Burns and Pavlski for Okposo, Nielsen + would make more sense for the Islanders, but i doubt there would be deal worked out tha the sharks would agree to.

KrisBeKreame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 02:42 PM
  #10
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,390
vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco5 View Post
Makes sense, but would the islanders not even consider Demers/Braun + 1st, or Clowe + 1st?
Ask yourself, why would the isles who've been stockpiling prospects for 5 drafts, trade away a 24 yr old core youngster for a 1st rounder, for an impending ufa or d-men who'd be on their 3rd pairing?

CREW99AW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 02:45 PM
  #11
blinkman360
Vasilevskiy v2.0
 
blinkman360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lawn Guyland
Country: United States
Posts: 9,367
vCash: 500
Personally I don't think the Islanders should be trading anyone from their current roster. If they feel they need to upgrade via trade they should look into using picks/prospects, which they have an abundance of.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 03:24 PM
  #12
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!
 
DuckEatinShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Jose
Posts: 5,494
vCash: 500
Okposo would look really nice on Thornton's or Couture's wing, but I think the price is too steep for us. I doubt the Isles would settle for anything less than Pavelski or Vlasic, which we wouldn't do.

Okposo would fetch quite a bit at the trade deadline, assuming the Isles are outside the playoff picture, of course.

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 03:32 PM
  #13
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO
 
Kevin27nyi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9,464
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
Personally I don't think the Islanders should be trading anyone from their current roster. If they feel they need to upgrade via trade they should look into using picks/prospects, which they have an abundance of.
Exactly. These Streit and Okposo trades don't make sense, Isles need to add to the club, not lose here help there or trade for futures.

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 03:44 PM
  #14
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,390
vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post
Okposo would look really nice on Thornton's or Couture's wing, but I think the price is too steep for us. I doubt the Isles would settle for anything less than Pavelski or Vlasic, which we wouldn't do.

Okposo would fetch quite a bit at the trade deadline, assuming the Isles are outside the playoff picture, of course.
KO is 24, not 34. This season and next season, are very cheap seasons on his contract.

Whether the isles are in the playoff race or not, they have little reason to dump Okposo at the trade deadline. They would look to dump aging, soon to be ufas like 36 yr old Vis or 37 yr old Nabakov.

CREW99AW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 04:36 PM
  #15
Dan-o16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7,790
vCash: 500
Unless you're sending a top line forward or D-man to the Isles, the only wingers I think NYI will trade are Grabner or Bailey (nobody wants Boyes).

The Isles have too many unanswered questions up front, and as others have said, we need more draft picks like we need holes in our heads. Last year we picked all Dmen for God's sake.

Cheers,

Dan-o

Dan-o16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 04:38 PM
  #16
Sharks4Life
Registered User
 
Sharks4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East Bay, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seafoam View Post
Unless the deal is around Burns, no reason to trade Okposo as said above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBeKreame View Post
I think a deal of Burns and Pavlski for Okposo, Nielsen + would make more sense for the Islanders, but i doubt there would be deal worked out tha the sharks would agree to.
While I agree that the Isles shouldn't be trading Okposo as he is a core player on a good contract, you have to joking about a deal around burns which seems to imply that the plus would be added from the sharks which is insane. As for the burns and pavs for okposo and nielsen plus...unless that plus is tavares then keep dreaming.

Sharks4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 04:38 PM
  #17
StrongIslanders90
Registered User
 
StrongIslanders90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: StrongIsland
Country: United States
Posts: 15,402
vCash: 500
Isles still have high hopes for Okposo.....at 24 they are not trading him unless they are blown away or as part of a package for a star player.

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 05:01 PM
  #18
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,390
vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks4Life View Post
While I agree that the Isles shouldn't be trading Okposo as he is a core player on a good contract, you have to joking about a deal around burns which seems to imply that the plus would be added from the sharks which is insane..
We'll keep dreaming.

Isles and Sharks don't match up well as trade partners.

Isles imo have no interest in trading young, core players for picks/prospects/soon to be ufas.


Last edited by spiny norman: 12-12-2012 at 05:04 PM. Reason: corrected [/B][/QUOTE]
CREW99AW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 05:05 PM
  #19
Falco5
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
Unless you're sending a top line forward or D-man to the Isles, the only wingers I think NYI will trade are Grabner or Bailey (nobody wants Boyes).

The Isles have too many unanswered questions up front, and as others have said, we need more draft picks like we need holes in our heads. Last year we picked all Dmen for God's sake.

Cheers,

Dan-o
On that note, what would it take to get one of Bailey/Grabner?

Falco5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 05:24 PM
  #20
thrillermiller89
Registered User
 
thrillermiller89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 1,411
vCash: 500
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I was trying thinking of a good young right-handed RW who we could pair with Thornton and eventually pair with Couture, but it seems the price is too steep.

Again, thanks for all the feedback.

thrillermiller89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 05:48 PM
  #21
magic school bus
***********
 
magic school bus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,670
vCash: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBeKreame View Post
I think a deal of Burns and Pavlski for Okposo, Nielsen + would make more sense for the Islanders, but i doubt there would be deal worked out tha the sharks would agree to.
We gave up a lot to get Burns, so I'd think he is going to be a Shark for a while.

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 06:19 PM
  #22
Dan-o16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco5 View Post
On that note, what would it take to get one of Bailey/Grabner?
It would have to be in a deal for a 2nd pairing Dman who is not on an expiring contract. Preferably with a righty shot, or with size. Honestly, I don't see a fit with the Sharks. I don't know enough about Braun or Demers to know whether the value would be worth it. But if I'm trading for less than a guy who has played 20 minutes a night, it would be Bailey, not Grabner.

Cheers

Dan-o

Dan-o16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 06:26 PM
  #23
thrillermiller89
Registered User
 
thrillermiller89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 1,411
vCash: 500
How would Islander fans feel about something like Clowe for Grabner?

thrillermiller89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 06:39 PM
  #24
PWJunior
SUCK IT HATERS!
 
PWJunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Watertown, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,772
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillermiller89 View Post
How would Islander fans feel about something like Clowe for Grabner?
Why would the Isles trade Grabner for a pending UFA?

The Isles and the Sharks look like bad trading partners.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 08:58 PM
  #25
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 27,017
vCash: 1379
Something around Braun+ and Grabner is probably the only deal that might make sense between SJ and the Isles.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.