HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs [10-15-3] & Wheeling Nailers 2012-2013 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
12-12-2012, 04:20 PM
overlords
Hfboards

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
The team just starts to remove few useless players: Stortini, Berger and Corbin... and now Palushaj is injured. I hope that Lefebvre doesn't bring back Stortini. I hope Hagel is gone too.

In a recent interview, Bergevin doesn't rule out the possibility to sign a veteran to help Dogs. Can we sign Darche ? He may help Dogs.
Darche was already offered a two-way deal which he lifted up his nose at. He'd rather be a fehr lapdog than a hockey player.

Old
12-12-2012, 04:56 PM
DAChampion

I read that Louis Leblanc is playing on the 3rd line because that's what he'll be doing in Montreal.

IMO this is a dim strategy. The fact he'll be playing 3rd line in Montreal does justify playing 3rd line in Hamilton, but why not have spot duty on the 2nd line and PP?

The Habs are a perennial elite injury team. They need their 3rd liners to be able to play on the 2nd line and on the PP in case of the inevitable injuries to top-6 players.

Just this past year we had Travis Moen, Mathieu Darche, Brad Staubitz, and Ryan White play in the top-6. That is largely because Brian Gionta and Michael Cammalleri were out for extended periods with injuries. There is nothing unusual about that situation, it is actually the standard year-to-year situation in Habsland. Even if Leblanc is destined to be a 3rd liner on pre-season "everybody is healthy" rosters, he will need to be effective in a top-6 role.

Old
12-12-2012, 04:56 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Darche was already offered a two-way deal which he lifted up his nose at. He'd rather be a fehr lapdog than a hockey player.
It makes sense that he would turn it down and look for a 1 way deal, not sure why you have to make it sound like he thinks too highly of himself. He's been in the NHL full time for the last 2 1/2 years...SHOCKER, he wants a 1 way contract

Old
12-12-2012, 04:58 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
I read that Louis Leblanc is playing on the 3rd line because that's what he'll be doing in Montreal.

IMO this is a dim strategy. The fact he'll be playing 3rd line in Montreal does justify playing 3rd line in Hamilton, but why not have spot duty on the 2nd line and PP?

The Habs are a perennial elite injury team. They need their 3rd liners to be able to play on the 2nd line and on the PP in case of the inevitable injuries to top-6 players.

Just this past year we had Travis Moen, Mathieu Darche, Brad Staubitz, and Ryan White play in the top-6. That is largely because Brian Gionta and Michael Cammalleri were out for extended periods with injuries. There is nothing unusual about that situation, it is actually the standard year-to-year situation in Habsland. Even if Leblanc is destined to be a 3rd liner on pre-season "everybody is healthy" rosters, he will need to be effective in a top-6 role.
Not only that but I'm sure Leblanc wasn't drafted to be a 3rd liner, so he needs to get big minutes(top line) AHL in order to progress to a bigger NHL role at 22-23-24.

Old
12-12-2012, 05:16 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:

Doesn't make any sense at all. Bournival is in the top 6 and there's no way Bournival projects to be a top 6er over LL. Not at this point. I don't see why you would apply this reasoning to one player and not the whole team even if he's the most NHL ready. Really dumb if you ask me.

Plus all this talk that it's not Lefebvre's say isn't exactly what I heard. Bergevin said himself in an interview that Lefebvre keeps MB well informed of his reasoning for making certain coaching decisions. Didn't sound to me at all that MB is the one calling the shots. So I call bunk on this line of reasoning.

I can see MB and Therien giving Lefebvre a general outline for what they want but I don't think they'd be the real coaches working in the shadows.

Old
12-12-2012, 10:14 PM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

Bulldogs call up O.Fortier from ECHL, for the injured Palushaj. Lets hope its not a major injury for Palush.

http://hamiltonbulldogs.com/pressbox...article_id=171

Old
12-12-2012, 10:20 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

If they're not going to play Avtsin then just turn him loose already. Poor kid.

Old
12-12-2012, 10:22 PM
DAChampion

Avtsin has 2 points in 4 games this year, he sucks, that's why he's being benched.

Old
12-12-2012, 10:23 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by makbowles View Post
If they're not going to play Avtsin then just turn him loose already. Poor kid.
He deserves a lot of credit for not bolting to Russia yet.

Of course when he does everyone will accuse him of being a typical lazy Russian and forget why...

Old
12-12-2012, 11:03 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post

Of course when he does everyone will accuse him of being a typical lazy Russian and forget why...
Just the people who don't follow the bulldogs.

Old
12-12-2012, 11:25 PM
Protest the Hero

Maybe he wanted time off for the birth of his son. I'd rather they actually tried to develop him than just ignore him.

Old
12-12-2012, 11:25 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiensnation View Post
Bulldogs call up O.Fortier from ECHL, for the injured Palushaj. Lets hope its not a major injury for Palush.

http://hamiltonbulldogs.com/pressbox...article_id=171
I read it's 4 weeks somewhere.

Old
12-13-2012, 12:35 AM
ChoseLa

I doubt they will not even consider Avtsyn to play in lieux of Palushaj.

Old
12-13-2012, 01:31 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Avtsin has 2 points in 4 games this year, he sucks, that's why he's being benched.

ha! this team is offensively challenged enough it seems so obvious. JM didn't even tick me off this much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post

Agreed. Wouldn't blame him in the slightest. Haven't heard a peep of him having an attitude. I'll be fine if he doesn't work out but give him a chance for crying out loud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Maybe he wanted time off for the birth of his son. I'd rather they actually tried to develop him than just ignore him.
He was benched enough before his kid.

Old
12-13-2012, 02:59 AM
Beendair Donedat

Why is it you closet coaches think you know better than his own coach? Avtsin has shown a whole lot of nothing during his AHL tenure. In 125 games played, he has 12 goals. He doesn't play a physical role or a shutdown role... So if he's not scoring, he's not checking, and he's not shutting anyone down... Just what the hell is he doing? Nothing. That's why he isn't playing.

Old
12-13-2012, 03:28 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
Why is it you closet coaches think you know better than his own coach? Avtsin has shown a whole lot of nothing during his AHL tenure. In 125 games played, he has 12 goals. He doesn't play a physical role or a shutdown role... So if he's not scoring, he's not checking, and he's not shutting anyone down... Just what the hell is he doing? Nothing. That's why he isn't playing.
He's played 4 games this year and has 2 points. Not world beating but it's enough to let him play for crying out loud. What has Stortini and Hagel done?

Even if you're right then he should be in Wheeling and if he doesn't want to play there (totally understandable) then let him go which was my original point. Let the kid play hockey somewhere for crying out loud if it's not in Hamilton.

Old
12-13-2012, 03:39 AM
Beendair Donedat

If you don't know the difference between what Stortini and Hagel's roles are versus Avtsin's role on the team is, than I don't think I can help you.

Old
12-13-2012, 03:47 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
If you don't know the difference between what Stortini and Hagel's roles are versus Avtsin's role on the team is, than I don't think I can help you.
Oh I think I got it alright. Stortini takes dumb penalties and Hagel gets his face punched in.

Seriously though, you can totally bench Hagel put Boyce down to the 4th line and put Avtsin into the top 9. I don't think it's rocket science.
Are any of our 'grinders' really providing us with sufficient grit that they need to be in the line up?

Don't know why you're so mad. All I want is if they're not going to play Avtsin then let him go somewhere where he will. Is that really so offensive?

Old
12-13-2012, 03:58 AM
Beendair Donedat

Quote:
Originally Posted by makbowles View Post
Oh I think I got it alright. Stortini takes dumb penalties and Hagel gets his face punched in.

Seriously though, you can totally bench Hagel put Boyce down to the 4th line and put Avtsin into the top 9. I don't think it's rocket science.
Are any of our 'grinders' really providing us with sufficient grit that they need to be in the line up?

Don't know why you're so mad. All I want is if they're not going to play Avtsin then let him go somewhere where he will. Is that really so offensive?
I'm not mad at all, I find it amusing that so many people here think that Avstin is some type of world class talent when clearly he isn't... Hagel and Stortini are the only muscle the Habs have on a very young team. They are needed in that even if they take beatings, they always show up... Takes the pressure off the young guys from dropping the mitts. There's so many people on this forum who would just prefer figure skating on ice without contact let alone fights, that I assumed you were one of them. My mistake if you aren't.

I don't think they should keep him at all, he's not worth the contract or roster spot he's taking up, as he's already proven that he's not much of a player at the AHL level.

Old
12-13-2012, 04:28 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
I'm not mad at all, I find it amusing that so many people here think that Avstin is some type of world class talent when clearly he isn't... Hagel and Stortini are the only muscle the Habs have on a very young team. They are needed in that even if they take beatings, they always show up... Takes the pressure off the young guys from dropping the mitts. There's so many people on this forum who would just prefer figure skating on ice without contact let alone fights, that I assumed you were one of them. My mistake if you aren't.

I don't think they should keep him at all, he's not worth the contract or roster spot he's taking up, as he's already proven that he's not much of a player at the AHL level.
hahaha. 'I'm not mad' but you'll call you a 'closet coach', infer that I'm an idiot (your 2nd reply to me) and assume I want to see figure skating instead of hockey.

Fine. I'll give you Hagel but has Stortini really helped in the grit department?

Does it make me a pansy that I'd rather you not be antagonistic? ha!

Old
12-13-2012, 05:29 AM
Beendair Donedat

Sounds like maybe you're the one who is upset.

You've made several suggestions on how to employ Avtsin in the past, as if you knew better than his coach. As have others... Constantly. That's being an armchair quaterback/closet coach, whichever term you prefer... His own stats speak for themselves. He hasn't produced at this level, that's why he isn't playing.

The team is composed of more than just players scoring, there are roles for each person. Something you don't seem to be able to grasp. Plugging Avtsin into a hole isn't something the coach is willing to try at the moment, I'm sure he has his reasons... One of them being that Avtsin simply isn't a fit for his team at the moment. You suggested removing players that the coach kept in the lineup to make room for Avtsin, I simply questioned whether or not you knew the difference in roles from one player to another.

I really don't care if you're a pansy or not... Your elevated opinion of Avtsin can't be based on production. He hasn't produced at this level for whatever reasons, and he's had ample opportunity. What is it based upon? What you'd like him to become?

Furthermore, I couldn't care less if you don't like my style of posting.

Old
12-13-2012, 07:52 AM
Et le But

I don't think Avtsin is going to make it, but the problem is the Bulldogs have a serious lack of skill and two punching bags don't change that. Hagel is fine for what he is but Stortini? And you can't tell me when Fortier plays over Avtsin it will be about toughness.

And the fake tough guy act is so tiring, but it's to be expected from certain posters at this point.

Old
12-13-2012, 08:10 AM
thaivuN
Cynical Narcissist.

vCash: 187
Well, seems like Alain Berger bolted to the swiss league.

Old
12-13-2012, 08:24 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
If Fortier plays over Avtsin. I will donkey punch the entire Hamilton Bulldogs staff.

Old
12-13-2012, 08:31 AM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
If Fortier plays over Avtsin. I will donkey punch the entire Hamilton Bulldogs staff.
Fortier should have been already in the lineup weeks ago. Fortier is better then Chaput, Hagel, Boyce etc.. they should bench Hagel and put Avtsin in .

Closed Thread