HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

More Luongo Talk

Closed Thread

Old
12-12-2012, 06:33 PM
BlackBirRd5

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckLuck View Post
Which by the way, has been just as common an occurance in this thread.
Don't doubt that - it always goes both ways I was really just responding to the proposal I saw that had Kadri Biggs etc.

Old
12-12-2012, 06:34 PM
skywarp75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven25 View Post
Gotcha then agreed that's likely what's going to be the case if there is a season, Gillis is going to have to wait it out
yeah and I believe its more about the right fit than the total value. meaning Gillis would value 1 Zack Kassian higher than 2 Kadri's, simply due to the size/grit factor. He has very specific wants to compliment the canuck core, which already has so many great pieces.

Old
12-12-2012, 07:06 PM
sniper81

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywarp75 View Post
yeah and I believe its more about the right fit than the total value. meaning Gillis would value 1 Zack Kassian higher than 2 Kadri's, simply due to the size/grit factor. He has very specific wants to compliment the canuck core, which already has so many great pieces.
Most of the Leafs pieces being offered are considered "mediocore". Why would you guys want to add any of those pieces to core that already so many great ones?

Old
12-12-2012, 07:22 PM
skywarp75

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper81 View Post
Most of the Leafs pieces being offered are considered "mediocore". Why would you guys want to add any of those pieces to core that already so many great ones?
well thats what these threads are all about. leaf fans offering a bunch of pieces that the canuck fans dont see value in, and then getting mad that we overvalue luongo.

for example, a left side Dman is useless to the nucks cuz they have 4 good ones already

a right winger is useful to the nucks, as they only have Hansen & Burrows.

a defensive center is more useful to van than Bozak would be.

Old
12-12-2012, 07:34 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven25 View Post
Bob MacKenzie stated clearly that the only way he could see Luongo getting moved was in a 'soft deal' and Canucks fans are still convinced Gillis is going to get multiple first-round pick players and / or first-round picks for Luongo. Don't get it, not saying Luongo isn't attractive but NEITHER Toronto Florida or any other team is going to give up anything significant to acquire him. Plain as day to NHL prognosticators and insiders but apparently not to armchair GMs here

Gillis was on TV a while back at a golf event saying he was fielding calls almost daily about Luongo and my friend and I both looked at each other and said the equivalent of 'doubt that' to each other. Maybe he is, but you can be sure the GM on the other end knows he's in the driver's seat
He also said that Gillis is likely to simply keep Luongo until he gets a deal he believes is worthwhile. Keep in mind the initial demand from Gillis was Gardiner+. McKenzie could very easily have been referencing those demands. He mentioned Florida will not part with a blue chipper, which neither Kadri or Finn are. You are inferring those statements in benefit to your perspective when they were purposely ambiguous.

And for reference sake, what position a player was drafted is wholly irrelevant.

Old
12-12-2012, 07:35 PM
sniper81

Quote:
well thats what these threads are all about. leaf fans offering a bunch of pieces that the canuck fans dont see value in, and then getting mad that we overvalue luongo.

for example, a left side Dman is useless to the nucks cuz they have 4 good ones already

a right winger is useful to the nucks, as they only have Hansen & Burrows.

a defensive center is more useful to van than Bozak would be.
Well Bozak is actually a good defensive centre, so i don't know how he wouldn't be useful to the Canucks. So whats of value to you, Lupul and a first?

Old
12-12-2012, 07:40 PM
CanuckLuck

Quote:
Well Bozak is actually a good defensive centre, so i don't know how he wouldn't be useful to the Canucks. So whats of value to you, Lupul and a first?
He'd be useful but if he's the centerpiece of a deal around Luongo it just is quite simply not enough. bozak is currently the Leafs #1 Center yet he's often seen as totally expendable. is it perhaps because he's just really not that great?

Old
12-12-2012, 08:03 PM
sniper81

Quote:
He'd be useful but if he's the centerpiece of a deal around Luongo it just is quite simply not enough. bozak is currently the Leafs #1 Center yet he's often seen as totally expendable. is it perhaps because he's just really not that great?
I don't view him as expendable because we have noone to replace him. Hes suited for a thirdline role but can fill in on the second line if needed. I get that he wouldn't be enough as the centre piece, I also don't see lupul or grabovski being the centre piece either.

Old
12-12-2012, 08:28 PM
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
Nope, too much.
I agree, too much for Raymond and Eddie Lack.

Old
12-12-2012, 08:30 PM
skywarp75

Quote:
Alain Vignault and you have different standards on 'good defensive'. Its ok tho, many of us think AV is an idiot in how he handles bottom 6 players.

Old
12-12-2012, 08:31 PM
CanuckLuck

Quote:
I don't view him as expendable because we have noone to replace him. Hes suited for a thirdline role but can fill in on the second line if needed. I get that he wouldn't be enough as the centre piece, I also don't see lupul or grabovski being the centre piece either.
Your description of Bozak is perfect..I totally agree....but is that really the most valuable asset vancouver can pry from Toronto? It shouldn't be. And if it is from some leaf fans, clearly you do not want luongo..which is understandable..

Old
12-12-2012, 08:56 PM
FAMOUSfin

Bozak is no defensive center. He doesn't play the tough defensive minutes. He's not even a top PKer for the Leafs.

Old
12-12-2012, 09:00 PM
DougGilmour93

The more and more I think about it, the more I feel that if Burke can't get Luongo for a song (decent price) than I'm fine with looking elsewhere.

If this season is a wash, and it's looking that way more and more, than there will be a number of UFA's available in the offseason. I'm hoping we can target Getzlaf and Thomas. Yes, Tim Thomas (obviously Getlaf). Tim would be perfect for us. He's still an amazing goalie. He got to have his year off and he would most likely only want a one or two year deal as he's 38 now and 39 in the spring. I think he'd be a great mentor for Reimer. Reimer could continue to develop under Thomas, and not have to wait too long before the #1 spot was his, as suppose to having Luongo in front of him. And Thomas has a cup ring to boot.

Old
12-12-2012, 09:10 PM
sniper81

Quote:
Your description of Bozak is perfect..I totally agree....but is that really the most valuable asset vancouver can pry from Toronto? It shouldn't be. And if it is from some leaf fans, clearly you do not want luongo..which is understandable..
Luongo as a goalie and a person i want, its the uncertainty that comes with his contract that makes it tough for us to give up the few valuable assets we have. We aren't in a position to be a contender even if we trade for Roberto, so we really have to careful and not get burned by trading young pieces.

Old
12-12-2012, 09:11 PM
sniper81

Quote:
Alain Vignault and you have different standards on 'good defensive'. Its ok tho, many of us think AV is an idiot in how he handles bottom 6 players.
So Alain has a different opinion on Bozak than i do? not sure how you would know that lol

Old
12-12-2012, 09:11 PM
TmlHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
The more and more I think about it, the more I feel that if Burke can't get Luongo for a song (decent price) than I'm fine with looking elsewhere.

If this season is a wash, and it's looking that way more and more, than there will be a number of UFA's available in the offseason. I'm hoping we can target Getzlaf and Thomas. Yes, Tim Thomas (obviously Getlaf). Tim would be perfect for us. He's still an amazing goalie. He got to have his year off and he would most likely only want a one or two year deal as he's 38 now and 39 in the spring. I think he'd be a great mentor for Reimer. Reimer could continue to develop under Thomas, and not have to wait too long before the #1 spot was his, as suppose to having Luongo in front of him. And Thomas has a cup ring to boot.
Honestly, Thomas would be better to have as a short term solution. Neither Luongo and Thomas are there for long-term. Thomas is less risky because he doesn't have an insane contract. Not only that, Thomas proved himself to be a better goaltender (although he's older).

Old
12-12-2012, 09:12 PM
sniper81

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAMOUSfin View Post
Bozak is no defensive center. He doesn't play the tough defensive minutes. He's not even a top PKer for the Leafs.
you are correct, he had been playing first line minutes the last 2 years and wasn't on the first penalty kill unit, but he can kill penalties.

Old
12-12-2012, 09:27 PM
CanuckLuck

Quote:
Luongo as a goalie and a person i want, its the uncertainty that comes with his contract that makes it tough for us to give up the few valuable assets we have. We aren't in a position to be a contender even if we trade for Roberto, so we really have to careful and not get burned by trading young pieces.
Brian Burke's continuing demise is his inability to address team weaknesses. He will huff and haw at the notion of losing a good prospect for Luongo when realistically this is his best chance. If the Leafs show improvement they will attract free agents. Players want to win and as it stands right now the Leafs have not improved in the standings over the last 3-4 years.

Luong is more than a jump in the standings. he gives the Leafs an identity. he backbones your team. he gives you a chance every night. james Reimer will unlikely to even develope in to a middle of the pack starter. it's a ssad truth Leaf fans may have to accept. Scrivens isn't even on the radar....If 3 years down the road Reimer is the real deal you have the same 'problem' the Canucks have right now. And that is trying to unload a contract to gain valuable assets.

Old
12-12-2012, 09:27 PM
FAMOUSfin

Quote:
you are correct, he had been playing first line minutes the last 2 years and wasn't on the first penalty kill unit, but he can kill penalties.
Well he won't be playing optimized offensive minutes if he comes to vancouver and we already have Raymond who can step up to kill penalties in the absence of any of Kesler/Burrows/Malhotra/Hansen/Lapierre/Higgins.

Old
12-12-2012, 09:35 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keva Rosenberg View Post
If Luongo is as valuable as Canuck fans say, they should be keeping him and trading Schneider instead. Few teams want that albatross of a contract of his. Luongo has taken the Canucks past Chicago and to game 7 of the finals. Game 7, and last season's early exit were not his fault. Though he is getting older, so too are the Canucks in front of him. The window for winning a cup opened and is slowly closing for the Canucks so why not go with the guy who has proven he can get you there. Gillis won't get the value for Luongo he could have received with a more reasonable contract so why give him up?

The real value, and its largely based on potential as he is still unproven, is in Schneider. His career could go in any direction at this point and there are teams right now willing to gamble on his potential. Gillis can get some good pieces to make a Cup winner and if you have the cup, it really doesn't matter if Schneider becomes a Vezina goalie or a flop.
I am completely in favor of trading Schneider, but Im not going to bother discussing it because all that's been offered previously was completely insulting offers.

What pieces could we get for Cory?

Old
12-12-2012, 09:36 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
The vast majority of threads or proposals that I have seen, are from Vancouver fans from what I have seen on here.

A lot of the Leaf fan responses have generally been "no thanks"

How many threads have you seen with Ballard or Raymond in trade proposals? Have they been dealt yet? Nope. This is a message board with many proposals and you can't infer anything substantial from them.

Oh, and this is a Luongo thread, so I'm sure talks in here are going to concern him.

If you don't want him in TO at all, what would be your purpose in this thread?

Old
12-12-2012, 10:38 PM
VasDimops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
He also said that Gillis is likely to simply keep Luongo until he gets a deal he believes is worthwhile. Keep in mind the initial demand from Gillis was Gardiner+. McKenzie could very easily have been referencing those demands. He mentioned Florida will not part with a blue chipper, which neither Kadri or Finn are. You are inferring those statements in benefit to your perspective when they were purposely ambiguous.

And for reference sake, what position a player was drafted is wholly irrelevant.
How confident are Canuck fans in having Lack as the backup. I feel like he's paid his dues in the AHL and rose to the challenge. Hypothetically speaking, Luongo gets traded, and Schneider gets injured.....? Still confident? I really like what Lack has done the last couple years, and would love to see him get a chance.

Old
12-12-2012, 11:12 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by VasDimops View Post
How confident are Canuck fans in having Lack as the backup. I feel like he's paid his dues in the AHL and rose to the challenge. Hypothetically speaking, Luongo gets traded, and Schneider gets injured.....? Still confident? I really like what Lack has done the last couple years, and would love to see him get a chance.
I think we'd be looking for a 1 year stopgap. Lack is currently injured and struggled to start this season, so it would be a bit risky for a cup contender to rely on him if Schneider got hurt.

Old
12-12-2012, 11:13 PM
racerjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by VasDimops View Post
I have liked his raw ability, lots to grow into, but would like to see if he bounces back when healthy. It was not the best start to the season.

Old
12-13-2012, 12:18 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:

thats exactly why

Closed Thread