HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 World Junior Championships

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-12-2012, 11:05 AM
  #76
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant
 
Gump Hasek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 222 Tudor Terrace
Posts: 7,798
vCash: 2203
That game only represented Scheifele's first day at camp and as well his first at right wing at that level. It doesn't mean however that he won't prove to be outstanding on that line and in that spot during the tournament.

Patience, grasshoppers.

Gump Hasek is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 11:59 AM
  #77
Rheged
JMFT
 
Rheged's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Hockey Canada Live ‏@HC_TeamCanada
12 players will not dress for game vs. CIS tonight at NJT camp. They are: Danault, Hamilton, Harrington, Huberdeau cont. (1 of 2)
Quote:
Hockey Canada Live ‏@HC_TeamCanada
Jenner, Nugent-Hopkins, Ouellet, Rielly, Scheifele, Strome (2 of 2)
Quote:
Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman
Yep RT @Just4hockey: @coreypronman Hudon and Ritchie are missing on their tweet...
These are likely the locks, though with Ouellet injury may still be a concern.

Rheged is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 12:44 PM
  #78
Zhamnov10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 801
vCash: 500
Has anyone heard if there are any pre tournament games I can't seem to find anything

Zhamnov10 is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 12:58 PM
  #79
Mr Writer
Registered User
 
Mr Writer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhamnov10 View Post
Has anyone heard if there are any pre tournament games I can't seem to find anything
They fly to Helsinki on Saturday and play their pre-tournament games there against Finland and Sweden.

Mr Writer is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 12:59 PM
  #80
Zhamnov10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Writer View Post
They fly to Helsinki on Saturday and play their pre-tournament games there against Finland and Sweden.
Thanx

Zhamnov10 is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 03:52 PM
  #81
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 11,643
vCash: 500
Drouin-Monahan-Rattie
Shinkaruk-MacKinnon-Lipon
Camara-Graovac-Catenacci
Beauvillier-McNeill-Wilson

Reinhart-Murphy
Pouliot-Corrado
Wotherspoon-Sproul
Pelech-Dumba

garret9 is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 04:01 PM
  #82
Guerzy
Serenity
 
Guerzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,562
vCash: 200
I read a tweet that Subban allowed 3 goals on 7 shots. Ouch.

Guerzy is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 05:54 PM
  #83
Rheged
JMFT
 
Rheged's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Tim Wharnsby ‏@WharnsbyCBC
Mark Scheifele was told moments ago #NHLJets have committed him to play in entire World Jr. regardless of how CBA talks go. #cbcsports
On initial thought I like it.

Rheged is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 05:58 PM
  #84
Mathil8
▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌
 
Mathil8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 532
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
On initial thought I like it.
, just came here to post this.

Mathil8 is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 06:10 PM
  #85
truck
HFB Partner
 
truck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
On initial thought I like it.
I was hoping they'd keep him there. I don't really see a reason to bring him up.

The Jets top 9 will be tough to crack and I don't like the idea of cooking an ELC year on 48 games or less.

truck is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 07:08 PM
  #86
jetkarma
Registered User
 
jetkarma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
I was hoping they'd keep him there. I don't really see a reason to bring him up.

The Jets top 9 will be tough to crack and I don't like the idea of cooking an ELC year on 48 games or less.
This doesn't preclude him from playing for the Jets after the tournament however. That is an entirely different scenario than jetting him out if the CBA is signed it say 10 days.

jetkarma is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 07:08 PM
  #87
Mathil8
▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌
 
Mathil8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 532
vCash: 50
Quote:
Ed Tait ‏@WFPEdTait

#NHLJets tell FP they have not given Scheifele the green light to play entire WJC. May yet do so, but stuck on unknown transition rules
Hold your horses... apparently.

Mathil8 is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 08:50 PM
  #88
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes
 
vBurmi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Totally lost
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,701
vCash: 744
First round of cuts: forwards Sean Monahan, Francis Beauvillier and Tyler Graovac as well as defencemen Adam Pelech and Derrick Pouliot

I was hoping Monahan would make it from his play in the Canada-Russia series. Also surprised about Pouliot since I thought he was supposed to be one of the strongest skating defensemen we had.

vBurmi is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 09:23 PM
  #89
surixon
Registered User
 
surixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathil8 View Post
Hold your horses... apparently.
Looks like the Jets want clarification as to whether they can recall him post tourny if the season is already underway. Burke was asking similar questions with regards to Rielly. The CHL probably isnt a fan of players joining their NHL teams post tourny if the league is already playing games, but imo Hockey Canada is putting a lot of pressure on the CHL to allow it for the players on the list.

surixon is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 09:24 PM
  #90
surixon
Registered User
 
surixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
First round of cuts: forwards Sean Monahan, Francis Beauvillier and Tyler Graovac as well as defencemen Adam Pelech and Derrick Pouliot

I was hoping Monahan would make it from his play in the Canada-Russia series. Also surprised about Pouliot since I thought he was supposed to be one of the strongest skating defensemen we had.
Hard to imagine that Pouliot was cut while Dumba and Murphy are still their. Both have by all accounts have been pretty terrible.

surixon is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 09:48 PM
  #91
jetkarma
Registered User
 
jetkarma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon View Post
Looks like the Jets want clarification as to whether they can recall him post tourny if the season is already underway. Burke was asking similar questions with regards to Rielly. The CHL probably isnt a fan of players joining their NHL teams post tourny if the league is already playing games, but imo Hockey Canada is putting a lot of pressure on the CHL to allow it for the players on the list.
I think they want clarification that after the tournament players could play up to 9 games and then make the decision , much like Winnipeg did last year .

Jr teams can lose players anytime if the NHL club wants to bring up/sign the player in question and the player agrees of course. I know the CHL wouldn't like to lose players after the tournamemnt for 7 or 8 games and then be returned , but that is how it should work if the NHL team wants to have the player up , evaluate him and see if he should stick , imo.

jetkarma is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 12:08 AM
  #92
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 11,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon View Post
Hard to imagine that Pouliot was cut while Dumba and Murphy are still their. Both have by all accounts have been pretty terrible.
Not gunning for the same spots...

I think Reilly, Harrington, Hamilton, and Oullet are locks for the top4 and Reinhart was strongest contender for the last LD spot:
Reilly - Hamilton
Harrington - Oullet
Reinhart - x
x

So really that leave's two spots left. Pouliot who doesn't play the right side (1 disadvantage) and is more of an offensive D (and I think rather fill the #6 with a two-way guy and the #7 with a "dynamic" or "energy" guy).

Dumba, Sproul, Murphy and Corrado all being RD are natural fits for that #6 spot. Who breaks down as #6 and #7 probably depends on what Spott is going for...
Personally I think Sproul or Corrado (steady 2way gusy) will get #6 and Dumba (energy/physicality) or Murphy (dynamic/wild/PP/Byfuglien-lite-lite) will get #7.

garret9 is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 12:14 AM
  #93
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Not gunning for the same spots...

I think Reilly, Harrington, Hamilton, and Oullet are locks for the top4 and Reinhart was strongest contender for the last LD spot:
Reilly - Hamilton
Harrington - Oullet
Reinhart - x
x

So really that leave's two spots left. Pouliot who doesn't play the right side (1 disadvantage) and is more of an offensive D (and I think rather fill the #6 with a two-way guy and the #7 with a "dynamic" or "energy" guy).

Dumba, Sproul, Murphy and Corrado all being RD are natural fits for that #6 spot. Who breaks down as #6 and #7 probably depends on what Spott is going for...
Personally I think Sproul or Corrado (steady 2way gusy) will get #6 and Dumba (energy/physicality) or Murphy (dynamic/wild/PP/Byfuglien-lite-lite) will get #7.
Not saying your wrong, but were are you getting your info for LD/RD. Or are you just basing it on handedness. I don't think there are very many D that can't play the offside. It is not nearly as big a deal for D to play L or R side compared to wingers.

Holden Caulfield is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 12:41 AM
  #94
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 11,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Not saying your wrong, but were are you getting your info for LD/RD. Or are you just basing it on handedness. I don't think there are very many D that can't play the offside. It is not nearly as big a deal for D to play L or R side compared to wingers.
I think it is a big deal for defensemen...
Some have experience and like it and some don't.
For example: Oullet (LH) does play both sides, as does Corrado (RH).
It's a big enough deal that when the Canucks had a press conference when they signed Garrison, they had a large discussion on the fact that they had 3 LH in their top 4 who all didn't have much experience playing on the right side. They ended up saying well at least Garrison has some experience from PP...
Handedness isn't the problem. It's just that many don't have experience to play the side opposite of their handedness. The lack of experience is the problem, especially at a high level as the WJC.
Obviously overall ability trumps handedness, but experience and comfortability is part of that overall ability.


To answer your question though. Mostly I've gotten most of this info on sides from second hand here and there: the boards, 3rd party scouting reports, Bob McKenzie/Pronman (tweets), etc

garret9 is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 02:20 AM
  #95
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D
 
untouchable21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Outer Limits.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,884
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Not gunning for the same spots...

I think Reilly, Harrington, Hamilton, and Oullet are locks for the top4 and Reinhart was strongest contender for the last LD spot:
Reilly - Hamilton
Harrington - Oullet
Reinhart - x
x

So really that leave's two spots left. Pouliot who doesn't play the right side (1 disadvantage) and is more of an offensive D (and I think rather fill the #6 with a two-way guy and the #7 with a "dynamic" or "energy" guy).

Dumba, Sproul, Murphy and Corrado all being RD are natural fits for that #6 spot. Who breaks down as #6 and #7 probably depends on what Spott is going for...
Personally I think Sproul or Corrado (steady 2way gusy) will get #6 and Dumba (energy/physicality) or Murphy (dynamic/wild/PP/Byfuglien-lite-lite) will get #7.
I think you are bang on with this. Personally I think Corrado and Murphy will get the last two spots. Not sure how I feel about Murphy being there though. I like his PP ability, but is it that good that it trumps the energy/physicality that Dumba would bring?

untouchable21 is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 02:43 AM
  #96
DespoticNewt
Registered User
 
DespoticNewt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,292
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post
I think you are bang on with this. Personally I think Corrado and Murphy will get the last two spots. Not sure how I feel about Murphy being there though. I like his PP ability, but is it that good that it trumps the energy/physicality that Dumba would bring?
Dumba plays a very aggressive style, right? How would that translate to the world stage with its more stringent rules? Scheifele doesn't play as physical a game as Dumba, and he still managed a game misconduct.

DespoticNewt is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 03:13 AM
  #97
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 11,643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
Dumba plays a very aggressive style, right? How would that translate to the world stage with its more stringent rules? Scheifele doesn't play as physical a game as Dumba, and he still managed a game misconduct.
Scheifele: if you mean the summer challenge, the hit was a knee-to-knee which is arguably always a misconduct for a checking player even when not intentional (arguably)... same thing happened to Wheeler in his first DEL game

Dumba: he was solid as a aggressive guy in the U18's... but who knows... I thought originally Dumba would get #6 and Murphy #7 spots but they both haven't been playing well (Summer Challenge, CHL, Subway Super Series, and these camp games).

garret9 is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 08:28 AM
  #98
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Pavlovian Response
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,742
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Scheifele: if you mean the summer challenge, the hit was a knee-to-knee which is arguably always a misconduct for a checking player even when not intentional (arguably)... same thing happened to Wheeler in his first DEL game

(...)
IMHO (and I know I have my homer glasses on), that "knee on knee" hit was a questionable call by the refs. It certainly wasn't what you normally see called, which is typically an open ice knee on knee hit where the hitter has pretty much figured out they're out of position, and they "reach" with a leg.

Had a random thought: I REALLY want to see Trouba play, but I REALLY hope that he doesn't light up Scheifele.

YWGinYYZ is online now  
Old
12-13-2012, 09:21 AM
  #99
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*
 
GermanJetsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Darmstadt, GER
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,497
vCash: 500
When will the first televised game in Europe be? I don't really know where to find everything about the WJC pre-games and regulation games. I'd like to see Trouba and Scheifele of course.

The WJC is about the only thing right now I'm excited about (for the first time in my life honestly). But it's in Europe what makes it very watchable for me regarding the time

Hammer Slammer:
Do you know if the site you gave me will stream all these games?

GermanJetsFan is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 01:06 PM
  #100
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant
 
Gump Hasek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 222 Tudor Terrace
Posts: 7,798
vCash: 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanJetsFan View Post
When will the first televised game in Europe be? I don't really know where to find everything about the WJC pre-games and regulation games. I'd like to see Trouba and Scheifele of course.

The WJC is about the only thing right now I'm excited about (for the first time in my life honestly). But it's in Europe what makes it very watchable for me regarding the time

Hammer Slammer:
Do you know if the site you gave me will stream all these games?
Here is the TSN broadcast info:
http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/feature/?id=4124

Gump Hasek is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.