HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

The New OT Thread: Spring Training is Here!

Closed Thread

Old
12-07-2012, 03:52 PM
molsonmuscle360

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondillium View Post
Thanks!

Will definitely look at those options, see what looks best for me.
If you want quiet but to still be on Whyte, I would suggest the Attic. It's a little tiny bar that's hidden above another pub that's right next to the Army Navy store. Some nights it's busy, but more often than not it's really quiet in there. Me and my buddies always used to go there when we weren't feeling the nightclub scene that night.

Old
12-07-2012, 04:50 PM
Senor Catface

Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
If you want quiet but to still be on Whyte, I would suggest the Attic. It's a little tiny bar that's hidden above another pub that's right next to the Army Navy store. Some nights it's busy, but more often than not it's really quiet in there. Me and my buddies always used to go there when we weren't feeling the nightclub scene that night.
The Attic closed and turned into Funky Town. Funky Town closed and is now...I'm not sure what. Just a heads up in case you ever were going back there.

Old
12-07-2012, 05:15 PM
molsonmuscle360

Quote:
Originally Posted by President Van Buren View Post
The Attic closed and turned into Funky Town. Funky Town closed and is now...I'm not sure what. Just a heads up in case you ever were going back there.
Hmm, I looked it up on google maps and it showed as still being there....But if it's gone that really sucks, I enjoyed that place. I think Stollies never reopened after the fire either did they? I used to enjoy the back room in that place with the little couches and the pool tables away from the dance floor and quite a bit quieter then the rest.

Although the likleyhood of me ever really going to the bar in the city is pretty slim. I don't really drink anymore, I might have 5 or 6 total drinks a year these days.

Old
12-07-2012, 10:06 PM
Philly85
Moody'

I think the Attic turned into Philthys I think.

Old
12-07-2012, 11:31 PM
Babel

Stollies opened again after the fire but closed shortly after. As for Attic, it turned into Funky Town, Funky Town is now closed and upstairs is being reno'd to be an addition to Tilted Kilt (Old Savoy).

Old
12-08-2012, 12:58 AM
EchoesoftheEighties
Binary Planets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondillium View Post
Hey guys, my 18th birthday was this week and im going out with friends for drinks. Could anyone suggest a good place to go (preferaby pf the pub-like variety that's quieter and i can actually hear people talk)

New to edmonton and (obviously) also dont know any places due to being newly 18.
Billiards on Whyte is a pretty solid option. It's a bit of an older crowd but it's a bit more of a "classier" ,for lack of a better term, place compared to Squire's or The Rack or anything like that.

Also I have a few questions that someone on here MIGHT be able to answer. First off, anyone selling Alexisonfire tickets for the 19th? 2nd, how come it's at Shaw Conference instead of Rexall? I've noticed Billy Talent's upcoming concert is there as well.

Old
12-08-2012, 04:33 PM
molsonmuscle360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babel View Post
Stollies opened again after the fire but closed shortly after. As for Attic, it turned into Funky Town, Funky Town is now closed and upstairs is being reno'd to be an addition to Tilted Kilt (Old Savoy).
Ahh. It seems like every bar I used to go to in Edmonton when I was a youngin is gone these days. I think the only one still there is the Onion, but I'd only go there for the cheap drinks from 8-9 before going elsewhere.

I remember this one other club I used to go to, had a hockey rink attached to the side of it...Think it was called the Inferno or something like that...Think it was renamed Overdrive after a while, then who the hell knows after that. That place was like shooting fish in a barrel on ladies night.

Old
12-08-2012, 04:37 PM
Babel

Sorry to break your heart but The Onion is gone as well, is now The Pint. The other bar you mentioned was Goose Loonies, then Inferno, then Thunder Dome and now is Union Hall.

Old
12-08-2012, 04:55 PM
molsonmuscle360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babel View Post
Sorry to break your heart but The Onion is gone as well, is now The Pint. The other bar you mentioned was Goose Loonies, then Inferno, then Thunder Dome and now is Union Hall.
I figured the Onion would be gone once the government killed happy hours. The $1 drinks were what kept that place in business. People ended up to drunk to move on to another bar.

Old
12-09-2012, 03:07 PM
Philly85
Moody'

hmm. well I know theres not a whole lot of fight fans round here but suprised no one mentioned Pacquiao/Marquez from last night. simply shocking. Stunning. I watched with a gang of Filipinos. ohhhhh boy. I mean... I still don't know what to say or think. I guess I could say it was a great card, which many of the past HBO PPV have been, like really good, Yuriokis Gamboa is a stud, but I can't say I enjoyed seeing that as Manny is pretty much my #1 favourite athlete and persona. ****ing crazy.

Old
12-09-2012, 03:43 PM
molsonmuscle360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
hmm. well I know theres not a whole lot of fight fans round here but suprised no one mentioned Pacquiao/Marquez from last night. simply shocking. Stunning. I watched with a gang of Filipinos. ohhhhh boy. I mean... I still don't know what to say or think. I guess I could say it was a great card, which many of the past HBO PPV have been, like really good, Yuriokis Gamboa is a stud, but I can't say I enjoyed seeing that as Manny is pretty much my #1 favourite athlete and persona. ****ing crazy.
Heh, I phoned all my Filipino friends this morning to laugh at them. That must have been interesting to watch it with them. It was probably a lot like the time I watched the Werdum/Fedor fight with 2 Russians and started cheering like a fool when Werdum started sinking in the triangle.

Old
12-09-2012, 04:05 PM
Philly85
Moody'

thing is its not even funny at all. thats about the last thing I would ever do, joke around about that with Filipinos... it was so violent I don't know how anyone could take something remotely humourous out of that. It was sad and shocking.

Old
12-09-2012, 04:21 PM
molsonmuscle360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
thing is its not even funny at all. thats about the last thing I would ever do, joke around about that with Filipinos... it was so violent I don't know how anyone could take something remotely humourous out of that. It was sad and shocking.
I've watched combat sports and trained somewhat in some since I was a kid. I guess I'm just used to seeing guys get laid out. The thing that actually bugs me more about boxing is seeing a guy get dropped, wobble around for a few seconds, get up, and see the ref let him head in for another concussion. It's actually a lot safer for something like what happened to Pac last night to happen to your brain then to see what happens in a lot of boxing matches.

And I guess with the bit of BJJ I've done, I much more fear getting something torn/broken then getting knocked out. And it's not like I joked immediately after he went down. I would never poke fun at someone until I am 100% sure they are alright.

Old
12-12-2012, 07:42 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
We are organizing a most handsome player in the league poll tournament for the poll board, could you guys give me 3 of the most handsome players on the team?

We are doing a 68 player tournament and are doing 2 from each team with 8 players as wildcards.

12-12-2012, 08:07 PM
Rawg
CEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
We are organizing a most handsome player in the league poll tournament for the poll board, could you guys give me 3 of the most handsome players on the team?

We are doing a 68 player tournament and are doing 2 from each team with 8 players as wildcards.
Well my good sir, not to ruin your tournament and competition, but we have the most beautiful man in the nhl on our team, With his boyish good looks, his cute teeth, his lovely staring eyes, his dazzling on and off the ice moves, and his simple smalltown boy charm, your answer is simply

Old
12-12-2012, 08:54 PM
dnicks17

Such a dreamboat.

It's a battle between Horcoff and Petrell for #2 and #3.

Disclaimer: May contain traces of sarcasm.

Old
12-12-2012, 09:00 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
It's a battle between Horcoff and Petrell for #2 and #3.
Gags says hello

Old
12-13-2012, 08:54 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobBrownHero View Post
Well my good sir, not to ruin your tournament and competition, but we have the most beautiful man in the nhl on our team, With his boyish good looks, his cute teeth, his lovely staring eyes, his dazzling on and off the ice moves, and his simple smalltown boy charm, your answer is simply
Yet somehow they want me to believe there is drug testing in the NHL.

Old
12-13-2012, 09:11 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 688
Nick Cannon touches himself to Mariah's hits

Nice, Edmonton Sun front page.

Old
12-13-2012, 09:26 AM
T-Funk

vCash: 1020

In all seriousness. Yikes.

Old
12-13-2012, 09:51 AM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Contest over...

Old
12-13-2012, 02:54 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Yet somehow they want me to believe there is drug testing in the NHL.
He was just born with the perma fried look.

Old
12-13-2012, 08:58 PM
Rawg
CEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
He was just born with the perma fried look.
Boy you want to marry look*

Old
12-14-2012, 12:02 AM
Jepprey
Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post

Do prospects count? Because Oscar klefbom is pretty as they come in hockey. Just saying.

Old
12-14-2012, 01:02 PM
Jepprey
Creeper

People really are ****ed up. 27 dead 18 children by two gunmen in Connecticut.. That **** gets me angry.

Closed Thread