Closed Thread

Old
12-11-2012, 07:39 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenSteven View Post
Then, in your opinion, what would be fair return for those four if dealt to 4 different teams?

The return that was mentioned above doesn't cut it. IMO, many more picks have to be added.
You need to look back at my post as you are missing a key point. There are not that many buyers with the necessary assets. You are going to have to package at least two to the same team and therefore not get quite as big a return. I agree, each are worth a kings ransom on their own.

Old
12-11-2012, 07:51 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Libbs you're very intelligent that was a terrific post. Let's ignore for a moment that Kitchener wants to contend. If you want to move those players you can't possibly find enough buyers. Even if you wanted to move one of them to say a team like Owen Sound I guarantee you London or Plymouth would look elsewhere instead of paying the price of what Kitchener is trying to sell. Like always there's a pecking order for sellers and you start looking at non playoff teams eg. Ottawa and Peterborough, Erie. Then you look at teams that are barely going to sneak into the playoffs or finish just out of the playoffs eg. Soo, Sudbury, Saginaw. Buyers are more than likely going to fish around those teams before they even entertain what Kitchener has available. Between those 6 teams you have guys like Graovac, Ceci, Quine, Schoenmakers, Koekkoek(maybe), Mathers(maybe), Leivo, Campagna, Silk, Corrado, Trocheck, Ross, Miller, Cousins, Sproul etc.. who all may or may not be available depending on the price. This is why Kitchener can't be sellers.
Agree with everything u wrote,though from what I hear Saginaw will try to move Trocheck and Ross,while the Hounds who have missed the playoffs 3 of the past 4 years are determined to make the playoffs in order not to further alienate a restless fan base

Old
12-11-2012, 08:09 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Agree with everything u wrote,though from what I hear Saginaw will try to move Trocheck and Ross,while the Hounds who have missed the playoffs 3 of the past 4 years are determined to make the playoffs in order not to further alienate a restless fan base
or a relentless clown... I mean Bill Montegue.

Old
12-11-2012, 08:15 PM
Zipper89

post in the barrie page reports a deal close btwn barrie & the zoo.
any word????

Old
12-11-2012, 08:24 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipper89 View Post
post in the barrie page reports a deal close btwn barrie & the zoo.
any word????
Sproul, Nurse, or Cousins to Barrie? It would really help there chances but Cousins could bring a lot of extra baggage with him along with his skill.

Old
12-11-2012, 08:26 PM
Zipper89

Glad i spell checked before posting last time (Soo*).
Ya cousins may bring baggage however they already have Lemieux so what is another bag or two...
They could use an upgrade on defence and they have some young skilled players on defence to move for leadership.

Old
12-11-2012, 08:52 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipper89 View Post
Glad i spell checked before posting last time (Soo*).
Ya cousins may bring baggage however they already have Lemieux so what is another bag or two...
They could use an upgrade on defence and they have some young skilled players on defence to move for leadership.
No... you were bang on in your first post lol.

I doubt SSM trades Nurse. Dubas is on a short enough leash to begin with.

Old
12-11-2012, 09:04 PM
Ottomatic

Can't imagine the Soo selling, so it would be a need for need type trade.

Old
12-11-2012, 09:17 PM
KnightsInsider93

I have a source in the Soo and very close to the organization that tells me Broll should be gone before Cousins, agree/disagree?

Also says other names available in the Soo include: Halagian, Staples, Dempsey and Petaccio.

Old
12-11-2012, 09:27 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post
I have a source in the Soo and very close to the organization that tells me Broll should be gone before Cousins, agree/disagree?

Also says other names available in the Soo include: Halagian, Staples, Dempsey and Petaccio.
Re Broll would not surprise me,big body forward already signed by the Leafs,still needs alot of work in my view
As for the others Halagian is probably safe,while Petaccio,Dempsey and Staples have been all been unproductive,and wont fetch much,though some teams may see promise in a couple of them

Old
12-12-2012, 08:49 AM
superspitfan99

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post
3 weeks ago Mississauga were buyers, and now?? I think they may have realized that they are sellers, and could possibly part ways with Percy, Demelo, Brace, Cord.

The Missy 4 can possibly help out Niagara or Oshawa, but would need to have 2 OA spots available.
Agreed. I think over the past month, the holes have been opened and Missy is realizing that alot of work is needed on the front end. Unfortunately they have to give up alot of where their strengh lies (D) to get some front end strength.

Old
12-12-2012, 04:30 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Trade Freeze

Anyone know when the trade freeze starts this year over xmas holidays?
I sure hope we get some trade action before this

I'm starting to get a strange feeling that Plymouth may be the team to shock everyone and load up for a run. Think about it; they are loaded with talent, just underachieving and some bad luck. With the players they stand to lose, they could be in tough the next year or two as well. If they were to ship out a few kids with draft picks and acquire the likes of a Ceci from Ottawa, Murphy and Reider from Kitchener and/or a few others, we could be looking at a very scary team.

Old
12-12-2012, 05:29 PM
Ottomatic

^Plymouth never does that. They're happy just to be good or very good but will never sell to be great because of the down years afterwards.

Old
12-12-2012, 05:43 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
^Plymouth never does that. They're happy just to be good or very good but will never sell to be great because of the down years afterwards.
Disagree, how quickly people forget 07 when they went out and made the biggest splash of Daniel Ryder and Sean O'Connor. If Vellucci thinks he has a chance he will go for it. I can't believe people criticize Plymouth for last year and not going for it especially after London got McKegg and Watson. What did people want Plymouth to do?

Old
12-12-2012, 05:56 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
Disagree, how quickly people forget 07 when they went out and made the biggest splash of Daniel Ryder and Sean O'Connor. If Vellucci thinks he has a chance he will go for it. I can't believe people criticize Plymouth for last year and not going for it especially after London got McKegg and Watson. What did people want Plymouth to do?

Old
12-12-2012, 05:57 PM
ohlnhockeynut

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
ahahahhaha

Old
12-12-2012, 06:50 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
No I am serious. If you can tell me players that were available or traded that were better than McKegg and Watson maybe then I would believe you. I find it funny people make fun of Plymouth for not going for it but for the better part of 2 years they have been kicking the crap out of Windsor. We can wax metaphorically about those championship days for Windsor but they're long gone and Plymouth has once again overtaken Windsor.

Old
12-12-2012, 07:16 PM
youngblood10

Quote:
No I am serious. If you can tell me players that were available or traded that were better than McKegg and Watson maybe then I would believe you. I find it funny people make fun of Plymouth for not going for it but for the better part of 2 years they have been kicking the crap out of Windsor. We can wax metaphorically about those championship days for Windsor but they're long gone and Plymouth has once again overtaken Windsor.
2007 is even longer gone.

Lots of teams have been kicking the crap out of Windsor the last 2 years.

Plymouth still can't beat the big boys, like last year or the year before or next year or the year after that.

Old
12-12-2012, 07:49 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
or the better part of 2 years they have been kicking the crap out of Windsor.
Historically, they've kicked the snot out of us. I'll take two Memorial Cups instead, though.

Who could have been had last year?

Anthony Camara - I'd take him over McKegg in a heart-beat. He's a force in Barrie right now.

Ryan Spooner - over a point-per-game with the Sting after the deal with Kingston.

Old
12-12-2012, 08:31 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Historically, they've kicked the snot out of us. I'll take two Memorial Cups instead, though.

Who could have been had last year?

Anthony Camara - I'd take him over McKegg in a heart-beat. He's a force in Barrie right now.

Ryan Spooner - over a point-per-game with the Sting after the deal with Kingston.
So Camara 9g 5a in 31 games with Barrie would have elevated Plymouth past London?

Spooner went for Kujawinski a possible 1st round NHL pick. It's not like Plymouth had the pieces to pull off a deal like that.

You're grasping at straws. I would take 2 Memorial Cups if Windsor didn't get those sanctions but that has changed my outlook. Immediate success for 5 years of upcoming pain? Count me out.

Old
12-12-2012, 08:40 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblood10 View Post
2007 is even longer gone.

Lots of teams have been kicking the crap out of Windsor the last 2 years.

Plymouth still can't beat the big boys, like last year or the year before or next year or the year after that.
2007,yes and they got hammered,Whales cant win the biggie,could not do it last yr,wont be this year either
They will always be a bridesmaid and their record shows it

Old
12-12-2012, 08:51 PM
KnightRanger

Quote:
So Camara 9g 5a in 31 games with Barrie would have elevated Plymouth past London?

Spooner went for Kujawinski a possible 1st round NHL pick. It's not like Plymouth had the pieces to pull off a deal like that.

You're grasping at straws. I would take 2 Memorial Cups if Windsor didn't get those sanctions but that has changed my outlook. Immediate success for 5 years of upcoming pain? Count me out.
London didn't beat Plymouth.....the Rangers did! Plymouth couldn't even get by them!

Old
12-12-2012, 09:08 PM
RayzorIsDull

Legend we have different views we won't need to rehash that. There's only 1 team that can win every year or 3, there are 57 or 59 losers however you want to view that. Of course some teams can hang banners still, Plymouth continues to do that and has another good chance this year. It will be 3 years since Windsor has hung a banner of any kind. Henrique, Hall, Nemisz and Ellis aren't walking through those doors anymore. With Plymouth you still have a good nucleus of talent veteran and youth and Vellucci can go either way in trades and still do well. Rychel has underachievers that he can't deal anywhere and zero high picks in 2013.

Old
12-12-2012, 09:10 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRanger View Post
London didn't beat Plymouth.....the Rangers did! Plymouth couldn't even get by them!
Uhhh that's kind of my point.

Old
12-12-2012, 09:13 PM
KnightsInsider93

Take this argument somewhere other than the Trade Rumour Page.

Closed Thread