Closed Thread

Old
12-12-2012, 07:30 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number8 View Post
Let it be over (the season, I mean). I'm beyond caring.
Ya, that's why you're on a hockey message board posting about it

I do not understand this mentality at all, any hockey is good to me.

Old
12-12-2012, 07:40 PM
Shaun
All Aboard

Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS
Now I'm being told that their is a "remote" chance that the NHL and the NHLPA will meet Thursday.

Hurray?

Old
12-12-2012, 08:02 PM
Number8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
Ya, that's why you're on a hockey message board posting about it

I do not understand this mentality at all, any hockey is good to me.
I came here tonight thinking that maybe, just maybe, they'd all come to their senses. Seems not.

I'm a lifelong rabid Bruins fan -- saw Bobby Orr play at the Garden and lucky enough to be at Ray Bourque's first game.

However, after endless lockouts and pissing contests (and make no mistake, that's EXACTLY what this has devolved into) I can honestly say "if they play, they play.... if not, life will go on".

Jeremy Jacobs will wait a long long time to get any of my money ever again. He'll get some indirect advertising money as I'm sure I'll watch on TV. However, tickets and merchandise???? Bet you a dollar my boycott of that lasts longer than the amount of time lost to all of the lockouts combined (it's silly that I have to type plural there).

I'm not alone either. The NHL, either through ineptitude or greed, has finally pushed it too far for some of us.

Old
12-12-2012, 09:11 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

I think we're gonna have a deal within a week.

They couldn't have been closer last week without making one.

The players are being petulant wanting a moral victory. Come next week I think the urgency on there part will show up and they cave.

I am sort of over being pissed about this. I hate the players more at this point. If we lose the season there will be a silver lining knowing they'll be playing under a worse deal than what was on the table last week. Im up for replacements too. AND if there is no deal a week from now I hope the NHL does mention replacements so these guys can enjoy Christmas knowing some plugs will be occupying their locker.

Old
12-12-2012, 09:16 PM
EverettMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number8 View Post
I came here tonight thinking that maybe, just maybe, they'd all come to their senses. Seems not.

I'm a lifelong rabid Bruins fan -- saw Bobby Orr play at the Garden and lucky enough to be at Ray Bourque's first game.

However, after endless lockouts and pissing contests (and make no mistake, that's EXACTLY what this has devolved into) I can honestly say "if they play, they play.... if not, life will go on".

Jeremy Jacobs will wait a long long time to get any of my money ever again. He'll get some indirect advertising money as I'm sure I'll watch on TV. However, tickets and merchandise???? Bet you a dollar my boycott of that lasts longer than the amount of time lost to all of the lockouts combined (it's silly that I have to type plural there).

I'm not alone either. The NHL, either through ineptitude or greed, has finally pushed it too far for some of us.
I'm with you. No NHL dollars from me for a long time.

Old
12-12-2012, 09:24 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
Just posts?

I am going to hate the teams I already hated more...and hate certain players I never liked more as well...and be indifferent to how games not involving the B's are...and my Jacobs feelings are similar to where they were 10 years ago.

But I plan on giving this Bruins roster a pass when hockey comes back. None have really mouthed off like some of the true lowlifes in the game.

Obviously I wouldn't dream of getting game center even though I have in the past nor will I rush to the pro shop I'm with you on that but I will probably be just as happy when the Bruins win once we play again.

If I disliked our team as people it might be a completely different story mind you.

Unfortunatly I will probably drink as many beers at games too even though I should byob as a protest.

Old
12-12-2012, 09:29 PM
EverettMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharaTriedToEatMe View Post
Just posts?

I am going to hate the teams I already hated more...and hate certain players I never liked more as well...and be indifferent to how games not involving the B's are...and my Jacobs feelings are similar to where they were 10 years ago.

But I plan on giving this Bruins roster a pass when hockey comes back. None have really mouthed off like some of the true lowlifes in the game.

Obviously I wouldn't dream of getting game center even though I have in the past nor will I rush to the pro shop I'm with you on that but I will probably be just as happy when the Bruins win once we play again.

If I disliked our team as people it might be a completely different story mind you.

Unfortunatly I will probably drink as many beers at games too even though I should byob as a protest.
Do I pay the NHL to post on these boards? I'll stop then.

Read your post before this. You can't wait to root for scabs wearing the spoked-B.

Old
12-12-2012, 09:32 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
I'm with you! Oh wait, they already have my 30k for next year

I was the ignorant one to roll it over. I really thought there would be at least a partial season this year. I obviously gave the owners and players way to much credit. Apparently they are just as stupid as I am. Gamble big, lose big.

12-12-2012, 09:34 PM
EverettMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch View Post
I'm with you! Oh wait, they already have my 30k for next year

I was the ignorant one to roll it over. I really thought there would be at least a partial season this year. I obviously gave the owners and players way to much credit. Apparently they are just as stupid as I am. Gamble big, lose big.
Sell em, make a profit, buy no beer, no merchandise.

Old
12-12-2012, 09:44 PM
Bridges31
Goon? Lol

Quote:
Buy no beer? That's just taking it a little too far.

Old
12-12-2012, 09:54 PM
EverettMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridges31 View Post
Buy no beer? That's just taking it a little too far.
Only at the arenas.

buy extra for home.

Old
12-12-2012, 10:17 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Only at the arenas.

buy extra for home.
The home kegerator doesn't go empty these days.

I will sell em. Cause I won't set foot in the Garden next year if they don't play this year. I'm not sure I will be making any money on em though. I'll eat em before I go to a game. I spend more $ than I should when I go to games. I'll be damned if I'm gonna give JJ a cent more than I've already committed to. If I can contribute to him not selling out the building by myself and others offering tickets for pennies on the dollar so they don't buy public sale seats...so be it.

Old
12-12-2012, 10:20 PM
BrainOfJ
Playoff Odds: 24.5%

All the tickets get sold to brokers anyways. If I buy a ticket off stubhub or off looch it doesn't bring money to jacobs.

Unless you're buying straight from the box office youre only hurting the middle man. I'll just be glad to have my sport back

Old
12-12-2012, 10:21 PM
Salem13

I wish I was still a "Nielson Family" ... when they get back to playing I'd unplug the blinky box and actually sort of matter.

Old
12-12-2012, 10:33 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Man, I am with you. We have stood at opposite ends of this whole fiasco and in the end we are the two that get ****ed , sans lube.

I wish I lived up there so I didn't have to buy Center Ice for the Bruins. I don't want to give them one red cent.

They have lost from me $250.00 in apparel for Christmas gifts, 8 tickets (4 Devils, 4 Rangers, about 720 bucks total) and whatever concessions I would buy.... I do feel bad for my favorite parking garage in Newark, as they will no doubt be forced to cut staff. Sadly my $990 bucks is not even a drop in the bucket lost this holiday season, but hopefully it all adds up.

Old
12-12-2012, 10:33 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
All the tickets get sold to brokers anyways. If I buy a ticket off stubhub or off looch it doesn't bring money to jacobs.

Unless you're buying straight from the box office youre only hurting the middle man. I'll just be glad to have my sport back
Brokers don't generally buy public sale seats. In most cases public sale prices are more expensive than they sell their own tickets at. They can usually undercut the box office prices. it's not always the case. But often is. It's the same with the Celtics. Since both teams went to dynamic pricing, it changed the game a bit.

Old
12-12-2012, 10:47 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Funny you say that because I stopped at the MMG to pick up dinner with my Bruins sweatshirt on and the guy said "I guess we won't be seeing that logo this year"...too which I replied, "Looks that way, not even sure why I am wearing it"...

I didn't think twice about it the first couple months. But a little over a week ago I was getting reading to leave the house in one of my "B's Cup champions" sweatshirts. One of our junior hockey players looked at me and said, "I'm surprised you still publicly support them when they don't give a **** about any of us." I stared at him for about three seconds. Then ripped off the sweatshirt and threw it back in on my bedroom floor and said "You're right. I'm done."

Old
12-12-2012, 11:01 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Truth is that hurts vendor workers more then owners or players

Vendors would cut there amount of workers per game if sales are lagging

Old
12-12-2012, 11:13 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Truth is that hurts vendor workers more then owners or players

Vendors would cut there amount of workers per game if sales are lagging
It's obviously a spiral effect. But the fact that Jacobs owns Deleware North which is the company that provides the vendors jobs, means the bulk of vendor profits are going in Jacobs pockets.

When you boycott games you are hurting usher's jobs. If attendance numbers drop they aren't going to need as many ushers on staff. You can go on and on. Jacobs employs a lot of people. When you work for dirtbag, you have to take it on the chin and realize your gonna get ****ed if you wanna work for a ****er.

Old
12-12-2012, 11:22 PM
Lordstanley
Bandwagonaire

The thought of losing millions up to this stage of this circus show must make JJ feel a little mad ....as 40 year diehard fan and season ticket holder. It is what it is !
We can't control these overpaid puppets. I miss the great game of hockey .....not the politics that go along with it

Old
12-12-2012, 11:41 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch View Post
It's obviously a spiral effect. But the fact that Jacobs owns Deleware North which is the company that provides the vendors jobs, means the bulk of vendor profits are going in Jacobs pockets.

When you boycott games you are hurting usher's jobs. If attendance numbers drop they aren't going to need as many ushers on staff. You can go on and on. Jacobs employs a lot of people. When you work for dirtbag, you have to take it on the chin and realize your gonna get ****ed if you wanna work for a ****er.
Ushers/Vendor workers are regular people

Most probably dont even know who Jacobs is

Old
12-12-2012, 11:49 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Ushers/Vendor workers are regular people

Most probably dont even know who Jacobs is
Looch is extra pissed since he has a horse in the race and is losing money on re-selling Bruins tickets right now.

Last edited by Chairman Maouth: 12-13-2012 at 01:19 AM. Reason: quote edit
Old
12-13-2012, 12:18 AM
Lobster57
#nofreepasses

the silliest thing about the kerfuffle of the last couple posts, is that the Garden probably has base the number of ushers and security types on capacity and not actual attendance.

Old
12-13-2012, 12:28 AM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
Looch is extra pissed since he has a horse in the race and is losing money on re-selling Bruins tickets right now.
Spoken for truth. But I hated Jacobs long before I ever sold tickets. And I will hate him long after...

Old
12-13-2012, 01:09 AM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Do I pay the NHL to post on these boards? I'll stop then.

Read your post before this. You can't wait to root for scabs wearing the spoked-B.
Thats my hatred for the players on the other 29 teams winning out. Seeing NHLers leaguewide suffer will make me happy.

BUt hands up my logic is contradictory and probably makes no sense at all.

Like I said earlier I'll still root for the B's and watch/enjoy the games and man for man I like the Bruins players and they've been pretty hushed on the lockout.

My protest will just be a silent BYOB protest. (Of course the Garden just added Leffes on tap at the beer stand right outside Legends right as you enter so that is probably a false threat! JJ would be getting big props on that little addition if he wasn't orchestrating a lockout right now.)

I found a way to root for a Jacobs owned team for 20 years anyways whatever the cap ends up being he'll spend to it. The guy had a great run from the firing of MOC/Sinden until this summer so I guess the evil Montgomery Burns side of him needed to make an appearance at some point. No question he's the most powerful NHL owner too.

Anyways I think it ends within a week. Don't really see a next step in this they are close enough there will be a deal. Obviously they are big enough jerks to wait until a week after Christmas to do it as another kick in the nuts but lets hope that doesn't happen.

Closed Thread