HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 Redskins Thread III (It's RGIII's Playground)

Closed Thread

Old
12-10-2012, 02:43 PM
Marshall
Too right, man.

vCash: 250
The praise of Kyle Shannahan is asinine (referring to Post columns)

What he's doing really well is getting his once-of-a-lifetime quarterback killed.

Tell lil' Kyle to run out in traffic, then come back and realize what an asset a franchise quarterback.

Been years since this team has had this kind of face/name/talent, and all Kyle Shannahan can do is **** it up.

Old
12-10-2012, 02:53 PM
Vladiator16
R.I.P - Loko.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
Eye on Football‏@EyeOnNFL

Ravens dump Cam Cameron as OC, with former Colts coach Jim Caldwell getting the gig, @jeffzrebiecsun reports

The Skins famed Defense got Cam Cameron fired.

Should've been fired 2 yrs ago

Old
12-10-2012, 03:01 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall* View Post

What he's doing really well is getting his once-of-a-lifetime quarterback killed.

Tell lil' Kyle to run out in traffic, then come back and realize what an asset a franchise quarterback.

Been years since this team has had this kind of face/name/talent, and all Kyle Shannahan can do is **** it up.
+1 .

Old
12-10-2012, 03:18 PM
Cush
-inator

RG3: Grade 1 LCL sprain

Old
12-10-2012, 03:19 PM
strungout
Professional Killer

Quote:

But would RG3 be as effective in any other type of system?

I mean, I get the criticism of the guy and lord knows the Post doesnt need to stroke anymore egos...but I think what they have done with the offense and molding it to the guy running it has been pretty decent coaching. Could it get the guy injured? Sure. But that's the QB he is.

I dunno. Im torn.

Old
12-10-2012, 03:47 PM
Langway
Intangibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by strungout View Post
Could it get the guy injured? Sure. But that's the QB he is.
Pretty much how I see it. Some of the stuff they've done, like split him out at WR and end up taking an unnecessary shot, is ridiculous. But much of it is RGIII just being ultra-competitive. He could have slid any number of times instead of taking a shot but he doesn't. It sends a message to his teammates, though you'd hope as time goes on he doesn't have to do those sorts of things to be successful.

They could (and probably should) make him into more of a pocket passer but they don't have the OL for it. Upgrade the talent around him, starting with the OL in pass-pro, and he won't feel the need to be superman so often.

Old
12-10-2012, 03:52 PM
strungout
Professional Killer

To me...he's the Redskins Ovechkin,

Let the dude play his game. F it.

Old
12-10-2012, 04:22 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:

On the flip side, suggesting that Baby Shanny will get Griffin killed is asinine as well. Griffin has been hurt twice this year that forced him out of the game. Both times he was hurt SCRAMBLING out of the pocket on a pass play. Not a designed QB run out of the option or other formation.

Griffin is what he is. A QB blessed with athletic skills few have at the QB position in the NFL. It would also be asinine to try and change the way he plays, effectively negating what makes him one of a kind.

PS: They never split Griffin out at WR. He handed off on an end around and he ran out for a pass. Yes it was dumb, but he wasn't split out at WR.

Last edited by WetHog: 12-10-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Old
12-10-2012, 10:03 PM
MoJoSauce

Not necessarily a skins thing per se, but is anyone else disgusted at how good Brandon Lloyd has been since he has left the skins? Led the league the last year in receiving with the broncos, pre-tebow, and has just been money this season with the pats

Old
12-10-2012, 10:07 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Nah, don't miss Lloyd at all.

Old
12-11-2012, 12:11 AM
EroCaps

Quote:

The offense designed and run by Shanahan couldn't be better suited for RG3 and the talent around him. The coaching staff has made it a point to emphasize safe designed runs.

It's not Shanny Jrs fault Griff turned that run inside and dove head first. Or that he holds onto balls as long as possible. RG3 is has an OV wreckless superman streak in him that he needs to check in the offseason.

Last edited by EroCaps: 12-11-2012 at 12:24 AM.
Old
12-11-2012, 02:02 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by strungout View Post
But would RG3 be as effective in any other type of system?

I mean, I get the criticism of the guy and lord knows the Post doesnt need to stroke anymore egos...but I think what they have done with the offense and molding it to the guy running it has been pretty decent coaching. Could it get the guy injured? Sure. But that's the QB he is.

I dunno. Im torn.
Apparently Baby Shanny's critics want to take RG3 and put him in a no run, pocket passing game offense. They don't get it clearly. You would be neutralizing him for the opposing D by doing that.

The guy is going to get hit. It's up to RG3 to make the right decisions to avoid the knockout blows.

Old
12-11-2012, 02:03 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroCaps View Post
The offense designed and run by Shanahan couldn't be better suited for RG3 and the talent around him. The coaching staff has made it a point to emphasize safe designed runs.

It's not Shanny Jrs fault Griff turned that run inside and dove head first. Or that he holds onto balls as long as possible. RG3 is has an OV wreckless superman streak in him that he needs to check in the offseason.
EXACTLY right....that decision making is on RG3. He's already making noticeably better decisions on those plays.

Old
12-11-2012, 02:29 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
With the skins O-line being purely fair to kinda bad pass protection wise he's going to take a few hits this year as a pocket passer. RGIII though still has to get better at protecting himself as a runner.

12-11-2012, 03:05 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

You may have heard him interviewed and asked about him taking a hit on the sidelines....he said he had to stay in bounds and knew he was going to take a shot on that one. You have to trust him.

Sometimes he's going to make the wrong decisions and he's going to get hurt, but you can't ask the Skins coaching staff to neutralize his own natural talents by making him stay in the pocket exclusively.

Old
12-12-2012, 08:26 AM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 1300
Any pocket passer behind our OL is going to get clobbered anyways - pick your poison. Brady got donked in the head sitting the pocket Monday night. Our OL just can't hold up long enough to have any vertical passing game. They are not built to do so. Its Mike's thing, mobile puck movers across the OL, but they can't bulldoze Tim Kerr out of the crease when they need a yard. A tear comes to George's eye.

The line was born to run, and RG3 was born to run even more so.

I think Kyle is getting him killed making him a drop back passer but then only running 2 WR routes. No matter if we try max protect or not, he is under pressure. Why bother, go 3 or 4 wide instead, and at least give him some room to operate, and give him more outlets. We all saw that awkward kidney shot on Sunday. A 2 man route every one covered, sitting in the pocket, he risks grounding or an INT. Roll out of the pocket - no grounding!

Kyle needs to roll out / move the pocket more. When we see Griffin running the option or a sweep, give him a pass option. I am thrilled we finally did that 2 weeks ago. It was long over due.

Old
12-12-2012, 08:37 AM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

All indications are that Griffin is a smart kid willing to learn and apply what he has learned to his game. Shanahan and Baby Shanny will also learn and their play calling will evolve as Griffin's career progresses.

As Griffin gets older he will be more responsible with himself when trying to make plays. Steve Young and John Elway evolved as they got older and got more experience. They ran when they needed to, but they protected themselves better as they got older. I see Griffin folllowing the same path. Lets just hope he avoids serious injury along the way. No garuntee's though.

Old
12-12-2012, 03:50 PM
tycoonheart

Kyle has done a marvelous job this year with the offense. Its been downright unstoppable. He deserves the props he is getting.

Old
12-12-2012, 09:03 PM
Brian23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
Any pocket passer behind our OL is going to get clobbered anyways - pick your poison. Brady got donked in the head sitting the pocket Monday night. Our OL just can't hold up long enough to have any vertical passing game. They are not built to do so. Its Mike's thing, mobile puck movers across the OL, but they can't bulldoze Tim Kerr out of the crease when they need a yard. A tear comes to George's eye.

The line was born to run, and RG3 was born to run even more so.

I think Kyle is getting him killed making him a drop back passer but then only running 2 WR routes. No matter if we try max protect or not, he is under pressure. Why bother, go 3 or 4 wide instead, and at least give him some room to operate, and give him more outlets. We all saw that awkward kidney shot on Sunday. A 2 man route every one covered, sitting in the pocket, he risks grounding or an INT. Roll out of the pocket - no grounding!

Kyle needs to roll out / move the pocket more. When we see Griffin running the option or a sweep, give him a pass option. I am thrilled we finally did that 2 weeks ago. It was long over due.
Because Griffin is a thousand times more affective with only 2 WR sets. I think he's got almost a perfect QBR in them.

Old
12-13-2012, 12:51 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian23 View Post
Because Griffin is a thousand times more affective with only 2 WR sets. I think he's got almost a perfect QBR in them.
I think you forgot to mention, out of play action.

Passing from under center without attempting play action, in must pass situations, like he was when he got popped in the kidney, I don't think its wise to go 2 wide.

Did you know he has a higher pass rating in 3WR sets than E Manning does, who has the luxury of a little better pass pro or better wideouts, still good for 10th best in the league. He is 9th best in 4 wide.

Should we abandon all 3WR or 4WR sets because he dominates the skinny post off play action in 2WR heavy run look oh wait its play action, looking sets?

Basing your entire argument on QB passer rating is a bit short sighted, since that stat is so limited. Cousins had a perfect PR last game. He completed 2 passes. I would guess Griffin's 4 INTs happened in 3 or 4 sets, hurting his passer rating.

Teams buy our PA hook line and sinker. But it not as easily sold with 4 wide, clearly a less heavy run look. Or, anytime we are losing late in games. His job is harder, but he is not failing in those situations. He is young and learning the game, progressions etc, but I for one have no fear of RG3 in shotgun 4 wide, which also uses our teams best depth. Garcon Hank Moss Robinson Morgan, bring em on. Our line is porous if we are 2 wide or 4. At least 4, he has more options.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/l...ange=&rank=226

Last edited by RandyHolt: 12-14-2012 at 07:12 AM.
Old
12-13-2012, 09:33 PM
Capitlols

RG3 is not "black enough".

For ****s sake.

Old
12-15-2012, 08:18 PM
Francesa
(╯°□°)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/stat...34067742195712
Quote:
At team meeting minutes ago, Redskins players were informed Kirk Cousins will start at Cleveland, according to text from person in room.

Old
12-15-2012, 08:38 PM
nyrpassion
Vetted.

yeah. RGIII on his fb...
"The decision was not my own...
But I will be there for my team!!! In every way I possibly can"

Old
12-16-2012, 08:06 AM
Ovechkins Wodka

call me crazy but i think i would like our chances more with Rex starting.

he did beat the giants twice last year and took a team to the SB. I like his exp in a must win game more then the raw talent in cousins.

off to the looney ben HTTR

Old
12-16-2012, 08:13 AM
Francesa
(╯°□°)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/stat...14594067636224
Quote:
Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III will not be active today and Rex Grossman will be the backup to starter Kirk Cousins.

Closed Thread