HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Roster Talk '13 Canada 3.0

Closed Thread

Old
12-12-2012, 08:48 PM
Tiranis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Reilly-Hamilton
Harrington-Murphy
Ouellet-Corrado
Reinhart
I would think they're going to try and keep the handedness and preferred side in mind if they're going with that lineup. So it would be Ouellet with Harrington and Reinhart with Corrado or Murphy.

I was worried about Reinhart's skating a little bit but watching these games, it won't be a problem. Can contribute offensively a bit too.

Old
12-12-2012, 08:49 PM
SH15

Quote:
Originally Posted by hersky77 View Post
Subban is a lock for this team, hes the best goalie Canada has had at the world juniors since price. He was a stud in the summer series and a bad 30 minutes against a Canadian university wont put a dent in his confidence.
Dis guy knows. Nobody should waste any time talking about Subban being cut.

Old
12-12-2012, 08:57 PM
wings5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNobody View Post
Well than, the puck better not go near the boards.
Being strong on the stick is more important for a tournament like this and many of the players are pretty good along the boards. On another note I hope Catanacci steps up big tommorow and Dumba's skating won't improve in 3 weeks so I don't see him making it. Biggest surprise for me was Gravac getting cut over Lipon and Dumba staying over Pouliot. Even though Pouliot is an Offensive D-man I didn't see him make any huge defensive errors like I saw Dumba do.

Old
12-12-2012, 09:02 PM
stlblues9

vCash: 50
Quote:
Subban is a lock for this team, hes the best goalie Canada has had at the world juniors since price. He was a stud in the summer series and a bad 30 minutes against a Canadian university wont put a dent in his confidence.
lol Price in the shootout was pathetic.

Old
12-12-2012, 09:04 PM
Pekka Rinne

Huberdeau-RNH-Rattie
Schiefele-Strome-Mackinnon
Hudon-Jenner-Drouin
Ritchie-Danault-Wilson
Shinkaruk

Rielly-Hamilton
Harrington-Ouellett
Reinhart-Corrado
Murphy/Dumba

Subban
Patterson
Brossoit

Old
12-12-2012, 09:09 PM
hersky77

[QUOTE=TMLFan7;56497511]lol Price in the shootout was pathetic.[/QUOTE

Ok did they win the game? Did they end up winning the gold?

was his g.a.a not 1.14

any hockey fan who watches this tournanment knows that Subban is the best goalie Canada has had since price.

Old
12-12-2012, 09:11 PM
rocket1990

Huberdeau-RNH-Rattie
Drouin-Mackinnon-Scheifele
Hudon-Strome-Ritchie
Danault-Jenner-McNeill
Shinkaruk

Rielly-Hamilton
Harrington-Ouellett
Reinhart-Corrado
Murphy

Subban
Paterson
Brossiot

Old
12-12-2012, 09:14 PM
umwoz

Something about the idea of a Rattie-Jenner-Ritchie line looks wonderful. Each guy can provide high end offense, checking and especially energy

Old
12-12-2012, 09:18 PM
attackfan71

Quote:
im really confused i keep hearing how canada needs a goaltender that is calm and cool under pressure and how we need a goaltender that can step up his game on the big stage and in those games that really matter. now can someone pls tell just what has subban won? show me pls were he has been tested under the spot light and with the pressure clearly on his shoulders? i know binnington has led his team to an ohl championship with 2 older and supposedly better goalies on the team failing under the pressure in the final series! he then went on to be named galie of the tournament in the memorial cup that year! i also know brossoit has led his team to the whl championship and into a memorial cup tournament. and before i hear all the subban fan club start to tell me how these 2 goalies had a better team to paly on then he did pls ask your self another question how many teams do you see win the championship with a goaltender they do not have confidence in? your goalie is 9 times out of 10 one of the main reasons you have that chapionship ring on your finger. so again i ask what has subban won that makes him the best gaotender in canadian jr hockey today?

Old
12-12-2012, 09:20 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
I would think they're going to try and keep the handedness and preferred side in mind if they're going with that lineup. So it would be Ouellet with Harrington and Reinhart with Corrado or Murphy.

I was worried about Reinhart's skating a little bit but watching these games, it won't be a problem. Can contribute offensively a bit too.
I read that Ouellet was a lefty. Or is he one of the few players who prefers playing their off-side?

12-12-2012, 09:24 PM
heusy_79
! kool uoy edam

I see it like this now:

Huberdeau (A)- Nuge- Scheifele
Hudon - Mackinnon- Rattie
Danault - Strome- Ritchie
Jenner (C)- Mcneil - Wilson
Drouin

Rielly- Hamilton
Ouelett- Harrington(A)
Reinhart- Corrado
Murphy

Subban
Brossoit
Patterson

Three very balanced scoring lines and a big, strong checking line that will keep opponents honest. I still think Monahan deserved a longer look, but there is enough talent still left in camp that I understand someone needed to be squeezed out. When it came down to it I think Monahan had to make this time primarily as a winger, but was outplayed by Ritchie, Wilson, Mcneil, Danault and others. The reason I liked Monahan to make this lineup is that I see him as a guy who can play all three positions on any of the four lines and in any situation. Versatility like that shouldn't be overlooked in a short tourny where several guys will be playing out of position.

Old
12-12-2012, 09:27 PM
hersky77

Quote:
Originally Posted by attackfan71 View Post
im really confused i keep hearing how canada needs a goaltender that is calm and cool under pressure and how we need a goaltender that can step up his game on the big stage and in those games that really matter. now can someone pls tell just what has subban won? show me pls were he has been tested under the spot light and with the pressure clearly on his shoulders? i know binnington has led his team to an ohl championship with 2 older and supposedly better goalies on the team failing under the pressure in the final series! he then went on to be named galie of the tournament in the memorial cup that year! i also know brossoit has led his team to the whl championship and into a memorial cup tournament. and before i hear all the subban fan club start to tell me how these 2 goalies had a better team to paly on then he did pls ask your self another question how many teams do you see win the championship with a goaltender they do not have confidence in? your goalie is 9 times out of 10 one of the main reasons you have that chapionship ring on your finger. so again i ask what has subban won that makes him the best gaotender in canadian jr hockey today?

Its all about pedigree, Im not saying brossoit is a bad goalie, on the contrary he is a great goalie. But Subban has the pedigree that broissoit doesnt have

1) first round draft pick
2)Best Canadian goalie that is eligible to play in this tournament in the ohl
3) plays on a bellville team that relies on him and they are doing quite well with him in nets
4) Has the flair like PK does
5) was great in the summer series

I feel having having a 1-2 tandem of him and brossoit is the best thing for team Canada. Im just at a loss of words for people are saying he should be cut for a lackluster 30 minutes.

Old
12-12-2012, 09:27 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Binnington played in 7 games on Owen Sound's run to being OHL champions.. did he play well in the Mem. Cup? Yeah, he did.. but he didn't lead anyone, anywhere. Binnington didn't even start all of Owen Sound's games in the playoffs last year, infact, he only played in 2 of OS 5 games. Malcom Subban was the only goaltender in the Canada-Russia challenge that played well and he was better than Binnington in the game they split in the SSS and has been better than Binnington over the past 2 years, despite being younger.

Old
12-12-2012, 09:29 PM
heusy_79
! kool uoy edam

Quote:

I feel having having a 1-2 tandem of him and brossoit is the best thing for team Canada. Im just at a loss of words for people are saying he should be cut for a lackluster 30 minutes.
Agreed. Luckily the Team Canada brass has been watching most of these guys for 4 or 5 years and won't be making decisions solely based off this camp. Subban is the most talented and proven goaltender available and the opening game start is still his to lose.

Old
12-12-2012, 09:29 PM
Nash

I think Drouin has done enough to get the 13th forward and MacKinnon has shown he should be in the top 6. That probably means Shinkaruk is the odd man out. I think 12 forwards are set with RNH, Scheifele, Huberdeau, Strome, MacKinnon, Ritchie, Jenner, Hudon, Rattie, Danault, MacNeill, and Drouin. They probably will want one more big bodied physical player. I'm guessing Camara, so my forward cuts are Lipon, Wilson, Cattenacci and Shinkaruk.

Top 4 are a given on D and Griffin and Frank should get the last two regular spots. Spott will take Murphy, so the cuts are Wootherspoon, Sproul and Dumba. Dumba is only still here based on his pedigree.

I'm not going to guess forward lines anymore because I have no idea what pairings or positions the coach will want to place these guys. I think MacKinnon would do better on left wing than right, but that's just my opinion. If Spott wants to keep Strome with his line mate Ritchie, that stretches the top 6 to a more balanced top 9. So many of these players can play up and down from first to third line, that anything could happen.

Old
12-12-2012, 09:30 PM
DatsyukOwns
Hero

Who do you guys think will be Captain and Assisant Captains?

Also did Bowey ever get an invite?

Old
12-12-2012, 09:32 PM
Rabid Ranger
Imperiled Knight

Quote:
Its all about pedigree, Im not saying brossoit is a bad goalie, on the contrary he is a great goalie. But Subban has the pedigree that broissoit doesnt have

1) first round draft pick
2)Best Canadian goalie that is eligible to play in this tournament in the ohl
3) plays on a bellville team that relies on him and they are doing quite well with him in nets
4) Has the flair like PK does
5) was great in the summer series

1) So what?
2) Opinion
3) Lots of teams rely on their goaltenders for success
4) So what?
5) This is the WJC, not a glorified summer skate

We'll soon see if Subban is the real deal rather than a Canadian pipedream/construct.

Old
12-12-2012, 09:33 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
When will the first cuts be announced?

Old
12-12-2012, 09:34 PM
DatsyukOwns
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Have been announced already. Go to TSN and you will find it right away.

Old
12-12-2012, 09:34 PM
topched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Already have.

Monahan, Pouliot, Graovac, Pelech

Old
12-12-2012, 09:35 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by topched View Post
Already have.

+ Beauvillier

Old
12-12-2012, 09:36 PM
agentremax

Quote:
Originally Posted by topched View Post
Already have.

...and Beauvillier

Old
topched

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukOwns View Post
Who do you guys think will be Captain and Assisant Captains?

Also did Bowey ever get an invite?
I think RNH is the defacto C.

Then you're looking at Huberdeau, Scheifele, Jenner, Harrington, Hamilton.

May pick 3... or just rotate.

Old
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLFan7 View Post
lol Price in the shootout was pathetic.
If only he could have gone on to have a great career like Justin Pogge..

Price made the last save. Won the shootout. There were times that USA had the chance to win the game and despite not being stellar on the other shots, Price found a way to keep Canada alive and never give up the deathblow.

Completely forget that if it wasn't for Price's play on the PK in overtime and it never gets to that point in the first place.

Old
12-12-2012, 09:38 PM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

vCash: 883
another game tomorrow?

Closed Thread