HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Roster Talk '13 Canada 3.0

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-12-2012, 08:48 PM
  #626
Tiranis
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 20,955
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Reilly-Hamilton
Harrington-Murphy
Ouellet-Corrado
Reinhart
I would think they're going to try and keep the handedness and preferred side in mind if they're going with that lineup. So it would be Ouellet with Harrington and Reinhart with Corrado or Murphy.

I was worried about Reinhart's skating a little bit but watching these games, it won't be a problem. Can contribute offensively a bit too.

Tiranis is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 08:49 PM
  #627
SH15
Registered User
 
SH15's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hersky77 View Post
Subban is a lock for this team, hes the best goalie Canada has had at the world juniors since price. He was a stud in the summer series and a bad 30 minutes against a Canadian university wont put a dent in his confidence.
Dis guy knows. Nobody should waste any time talking about Subban being cut.

SH15 is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 08:57 PM
  #628
wings5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,271
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNobody View Post
Well than, the puck better not go near the boards.
Being strong on the stick is more important for a tournament like this and many of the players are pretty good along the boards. On another note I hope Catanacci steps up big tommorow and Dumba's skating won't improve in 3 weeks so I don't see him making it. Biggest surprise for me was Gravac getting cut over Lipon and Dumba staying over Pouliot. Even though Pouliot is an Offensive D-man I didn't see him make any huge defensive errors like I saw Dumba do.

wings5 is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 09:02 PM
  #629
stlblues9
Registered User
 
stlblues9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,664
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hersky77 View Post
Subban is a lock for this team, hes the best goalie Canada has had at the world juniors since price. He was a stud in the summer series and a bad 30 minutes against a Canadian university wont put a dent in his confidence.
lol Price in the shootout was pathetic.

stlblues9 is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 09:04 PM
  #630
Pekka Rinne
Registered User
 
Pekka Rinne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Red Deer
Country: Canada
Posts: 733
vCash: 500
Huberdeau-RNH-Rattie
Schiefele-Strome-Mackinnon
Hudon-Jenner-Drouin
Ritchie-Danault-Wilson
Shinkaruk

Rielly-Hamilton
Harrington-Ouellett
Reinhart-Corrado
Murphy/Dumba

Subban
Patterson
Brossoit

Pekka Rinne is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 09:09 PM
  #631
hersky77
Registered User
 
hersky77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,923
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=TMLFan7;56497511]lol Price in the shootout was pathetic.[/QUOTE


Ok did they win the game? Did they end up winning the gold?

was his g.a.a not 1.14

any hockey fan who watches this tournanment knows that Subban is the best goalie Canada has had since price.

hersky77 is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 09:11 PM
  #632
rocket1990
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 158
vCash: 500
Huberdeau-RNH-Rattie
Drouin-Mackinnon-Scheifele
Hudon-Strome-Ritchie
Danault-Jenner-McNeill
Shinkaruk


Rielly-Hamilton
Harrington-Ouellett
Reinhart-Corrado
Murphy


Subban
Paterson
Brossiot

rocket1990 is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 09:14 PM
  #633
umwoz
Registered User
 
umwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,195
vCash: 500
Something about the idea of a Rattie-Jenner-Ritchie line looks wonderful. Each guy can provide high end offense, checking and especially energy

umwoz is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 09:18 PM
  #634
attackfan71
Registered User
 
attackfan71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: owen sound ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 35
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hersky77 View Post
Subban is a lock for this team, hes the best goalie Canada has had at the world juniors since price. He was a stud in the summer series and a bad 30 minutes against a Canadian university wont put a dent in his confidence.
im really confused i keep hearing how canada needs a goaltender that is calm and cool under pressure and how we need a goaltender that can step up his game on the big stage and in those games that really matter. now can someone pls tell just what has subban won? show me pls were he has been tested under the spot light and with the pressure clearly on his shoulders? i know binnington has led his team to an ohl championship with 2 older and supposedly better goalies on the team failing under the pressure in the final series! he then went on to be named galie of the tournament in the memorial cup that year! i also know brossoit has led his team to the whl championship and into a memorial cup tournament. and before i hear all the subban fan club start to tell me how these 2 goalies had a better team to paly on then he did pls ask your self another question how many teams do you see win the championship with a goaltender they do not have confidence in? your goalie is 9 times out of 10 one of the main reasons you have that chapionship ring on your finger. so again i ask what has subban won that makes him the best gaotender in canadian jr hockey today?

attackfan71 is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 09:20 PM
  #635
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,284
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
I would think they're going to try and keep the handedness and preferred side in mind if they're going with that lineup. So it would be Ouellet with Harrington and Reinhart with Corrado or Murphy.

I was worried about Reinhart's skating a little bit but watching these games, it won't be a problem. Can contribute offensively a bit too.
I read that Ouellet was a lefty. Or is he one of the few players who prefers playing their off-side?

__________________
http://www.vancitynitetours.com
y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 09:24 PM
  #636
heusy_79
! kool uoy edam
 
heusy_79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,887
vCash: 500
I see it like this now:

Huberdeau (A)- Nuge- Scheifele
Hudon - Mackinnon- Rattie
Danault - Strome- Ritchie
Jenner (C)- Mcneil - Wilson
Drouin

Rielly- Hamilton
Ouelett- Harrington(A)
Reinhart- Corrado
Murphy

Subban
Brossoit
Patterson

Three very balanced scoring lines and a big, strong checking line that will keep opponents honest. I still think Monahan deserved a longer look, but there is enough talent still left in camp that I understand someone needed to be squeezed out. When it came down to it I think Monahan had to make this time primarily as a winger, but was outplayed by Ritchie, Wilson, Mcneil, Danault and others. The reason I liked Monahan to make this lineup is that I see him as a guy who can play all three positions on any of the four lines and in any situation. Versatility like that shouldn't be overlooked in a short tourny where several guys will be playing out of position.

heusy_79 is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 09:27 PM
  #637
hersky77
Registered User
 
hersky77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by attackfan71 View Post
im really confused i keep hearing how canada needs a goaltender that is calm and cool under pressure and how we need a goaltender that can step up his game on the big stage and in those games that really matter. now can someone pls tell just what has subban won? show me pls were he has been tested under the spot light and with the pressure clearly on his shoulders? i know binnington has led his team to an ohl championship with 2 older and supposedly better goalies on the team failing under the pressure in the final series! he then went on to be named galie of the tournament in the memorial cup that year! i also know brossoit has led his team to the whl championship and into a memorial cup tournament. and before i hear all the subban fan club start to tell me how these 2 goalies had a better team to paly on then he did pls ask your self another question how many teams do you see win the championship with a goaltender they do not have confidence in? your goalie is 9 times out of 10 one of the main reasons you have that chapionship ring on your finger. so again i ask what has subban won that makes him the best gaotender in canadian jr hockey today?

Its all about pedigree, Im not saying brossoit is a bad goalie, on the contrary he is a great goalie. But Subban has the pedigree that broissoit doesnt have

1) first round draft pick
2)Best Canadian goalie that is eligible to play in this tournament in the ohl
3) plays on a bellville team that relies on him and they are doing quite well with him in nets
4) Has the flair like PK does
5) was great in the summer series

I feel having having a 1-2 tandem of him and brossoit is the best thing for team Canada. Im just at a loss of words for people are saying he should be cut for a lackluster 30 minutes.

hersky77 is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 09:27 PM
  #638
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,781
vCash: 500
Binnington played in 7 games on Owen Sound's run to being OHL champions.. did he play well in the Mem. Cup? Yeah, he did.. but he didn't lead anyone, anywhere. Binnington didn't even start all of Owen Sound's games in the playoffs last year, infact, he only played in 2 of OS 5 games. Malcom Subban was the only goaltender in the Canada-Russia challenge that played well and he was better than Binnington in the game they split in the SSS and has been better than Binnington over the past 2 years, despite being younger.

HockeySensible is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 09:29 PM
  #639
heusy_79
! kool uoy edam
 
heusy_79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hersky77 View Post

I feel having having a 1-2 tandem of him and brossoit is the best thing for team Canada. Im just at a loss of words for people are saying he should be cut for a lackluster 30 minutes.
Agreed. Luckily the Team Canada brass has been watching most of these guys for 4 or 5 years and won't be making decisions solely based off this camp. Subban is the most talented and proven goaltender available and the opening game start is still his to lose.

heusy_79 is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 09:29 PM
  #640
Nash
Registered User
 
Nash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: North Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
I think Drouin has done enough to get the 13th forward and MacKinnon has shown he should be in the top 6. That probably means Shinkaruk is the odd man out. I think 12 forwards are set with RNH, Scheifele, Huberdeau, Strome, MacKinnon, Ritchie, Jenner, Hudon, Rattie, Danault, MacNeill, and Drouin. They probably will want one more big bodied physical player. I'm guessing Camara, so my forward cuts are Lipon, Wilson, Cattenacci and Shinkaruk.

Top 4 are a given on D and Griffin and Frank should get the last two regular spots. Spott will take Murphy, so the cuts are Wootherspoon, Sproul and Dumba. Dumba is only still here based on his pedigree.

I'm not going to guess forward lines anymore because I have no idea what pairings or positions the coach will want to place these guys. I think MacKinnon would do better on left wing than right, but that's just my opinion. If Spott wants to keep Strome with his line mate Ritchie, that stretches the top 6 to a more balanced top 9. So many of these players can play up and down from first to third line, that anything could happen.

Nash is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 09:30 PM
  #641
DatsyukOwns
Hero
 
DatsyukOwns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,148
vCash: 500
Who do you guys think will be Captain and Assisant Captains?

Also did Bowey ever get an invite?

DatsyukOwns is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 09:32 PM
  #642
Rabid Ranger
Imperiled Knight
 
Rabid Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The Abyss
Country: United States
Posts: 19,312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hersky77 View Post
Its all about pedigree, Im not saying brossoit is a bad goalie, on the contrary he is a great goalie. But Subban has the pedigree that broissoit doesnt have

1) first round draft pick
2)Best Canadian goalie that is eligible to play in this tournament in the ohl
3) plays on a bellville team that relies on him and they are doing quite well with him in nets
4) Has the flair like PK does
5) was great in the summer series

I feel having having a 1-2 tandem of him and brossoit is the best thing for team Canada. Im just at a loss of words for people are saying he should be cut for a lackluster 30 minutes.
1) So what?
2) Opinion
3) Lots of teams rely on their goaltenders for success
4) So what?
5) This is the WJC, not a glorified summer skate

We'll soon see if Subban is the real deal rather than a Canadian pipedream/construct.

Rabid Ranger is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 09:33 PM
  #643
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,940
vCash: 5555
When will the first cuts be announced?

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 09:34 PM
  #644
DatsyukOwns
Hero
 
DatsyukOwns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
When will the first cuts be announced?
Have been announced already. Go to TSN and you will find it right away.

DatsyukOwns is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 09:34 PM
  #645
topched
Registered User
 
topched's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
When will the first cuts be announced?
Already have.

Monahan, Pouliot, Graovac, Pelech

topched is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 09:35 PM
  #646
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topched View Post
Already have.

Monahan, Pouliot, Graovac, Pelech
+ Beauvillier

HockeySensible is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 09:36 PM
  #647
agentremax
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topched View Post
Already have.

Monahan, Pouliot, Graovac, Pelech
...and Beauvillier

agentremax is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 09:36 PM
  #648
topched
Registered User
 
topched's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukOwns View Post
Who do you guys think will be Captain and Assisant Captains?

Also did Bowey ever get an invite?
I think RNH is the defacto C.

Then you're looking at Huberdeau, Scheifele, Jenner, Harrington, Hamilton.

May pick 3... or just rotate.

topched is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 09:36 PM
  #649
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,318
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLFan7 View Post
lol Price in the shootout was pathetic.
If only he could have gone on to have a great career like Justin Pogge..

Price made the last save. Won the shootout. There were times that USA had the chance to win the game and despite not being stellar on the other shots, Price found a way to keep Canada alive and never give up the deathblow.

Completely forget that if it wasn't for Price's play on the PK in overtime and it never gets to that point in the first place.

WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 09:38 PM
  #650
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...
 
LiquidSnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,746
vCash: 883
another game tomorrow?

LiquidSnake is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.