HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > World Junior Championship
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
World Junior Championship Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Roster Talk '13 Canada 3.0

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-12-2012, 11:12 PM
  #676
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,273
vCash: 500
I'm a little surpised that Monahan was cut, no other surpised though..

IHaveNoCreativity is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 11:13 PM
  #677
stlblues9
Registered User
 
stlblues9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,843
vCash: 3530
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS2DCUP View Post

Price and Toews were the heroes of that shoot out
Price won tournament MVP
Becareful, your Leaf Bias is showing
My statement was 'lol Price was pathetic in the shootout'

He was. If you disagree, your Habs bias is showing. lol @ Price being a 'hero' of the shoot out.

The reason Toews had to be so clutch was because Price was letting everything in (I'm talking about the shootout here) The shot he finally stopped was right at him.

I'm going to rewatch the shootout and post on every shot.
Shot 1-Kane missed the net on a deke
Shot 2-Goal, high glove
Shot 3-Goal, low blocker
Shot 4-Save, almost trickled between legs
Shot 5-Goal, high glove
Shot 6-Goal, low blocker
Shot 7-Save, shot right at pads.

You're trying to tell me this is good goal tending? lol


Last edited by stlblues9: 12-12-2012 at 11:21 PM.
stlblues9 is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 11:15 PM
  #678
SpartyOn
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 9
vCash: 500
Pretty sure Jake Paterson is young enough to play next year, think that's why he might make the team as the 3rd goalie to get that experience for next year.

SpartyOn is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 11:18 PM
  #679
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLFan7 View Post
My statement was 'lol Price was pathetic in the shootout'

He was. If you disagree, your Habs bias is showing. lol @ Price being a 'hero' of the shoot out.

The reason Toews had to be so clutch was because Price was letting everything in (I'm talking about the shootout here) The shot he finally stopped was right at him.
I wouldn't say awful, the goals were good goals... A five hole shot dead center in close ain't easy to stop.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 11:18 PM
  #680
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8
 
heusy_79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartyOn View Post
Pretty sure Jake Paterson is young enough to play next year, think that's why he might make the team as the 3rd goalie to get that experience for next year.
haha ya I checked that out after my last post and you're right he's a '94. He's been strong in camp, I see him as the third goalie right now so that worked out perfectly. Paterson/Fucale/Martin/? is a good start to the conversation for next year's starter.

heusy_79 is online now  
Old
12-12-2012, 11:22 PM
  #681
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner
 
HighLifeMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,987
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartyOn View Post
Pretty sure Jake Paterson is young enough to play next year, think that's why he might make the team as the 3rd goalie to get that experience for next year.
Exactly.

Despite having a rough camp to this date you would have to believe that Subban is still pencilled in as the starter. I can't imagine Hockey Canada going with two eighteen year old's for the 1/2 spots (although Subban does turn 19 on the 21st..)

I think it shakes down as such;
Malcolm Subban
Laurent Brossoit
Jake Paterson

HighLifeMan is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 11:26 PM
  #682
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
Exactly.

Despite having a rough camp to this date you would have to believe that Subban is still pencilled in as the starter. I can't imagine Hockey Canada going with two eighteen year old's for the 1/2 spots (although Subban does turn 19 on the 21st..)

I think it shakes down as such;
Malcolm Subban
Laurent Brossoit
Jake Paterson
Patterson is the only one who can come back ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 11:29 PM
  #683
hersky77
Registered User
 
hersky77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLFan7 View Post
My statement was 'lol Price was pathetic in the shootout'

He was. If you disagree, your Habs bias is showing. lol @ Price being a 'hero' of the shoot out.

The reason Toews had to be so clutch was because Price was letting everything in (I'm talking about the shootout here) The shot he finally stopped was right at him.

I'm going to rewatch the shootout and post on every shot.
Shot 1-Kane missed the net on a deke
Shot 2-Goal, high glove
Shot 3-Goal, low blocker
Shot 4-Save, almost trickled between legs
Shot 5-Goal, high glove
Shot 6-Goal, low blocker
Shot 7-Save, shot right at pads.

You're trying to tell me this is good goal tending? lol

Ok i will list the three guys who scored on him

patrick kane- one of the shiftiest players in the nhl
jack johnson- great puck moving defensman with a high offensive upside
peter muller- could have been great injuries derailed his career

its not like he had scrubs shooting against him.

hersky77 is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 11:30 PM
  #684
alcanalz
whys and wherefores
 
alcanalz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,784
vCash: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by hersky77 View Post
we do lol, we had hopes in allen, visentin etc.... Canada doesnt churn out goalies like the European countries do and thats a problem that Hockey Canada has to fix.
Canada still produces at least on a level with the best of them. They just haven't had a young stud since Price that can really take over a tournament.

I agree with IHaveNoCreativity, surprised Monahan was cut (first at least). Showed enough to warrant another tryout, and IMO I still would love to have had him on the team.

alcanalz is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 11:32 PM
  #685
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner
 
HighLifeMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,987
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Patterson is the only one who can come back ?
Malcolm Subban is 93' born, so he will not be eligible to play next year.

HighLifeMan is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 11:39 PM
  #686
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
Malcolm Subban is 93' born, so he will not be eligible to play next year.
Brossoit is also a 93..

I'm not sure a out Binnington though..

IHaveNoCreativity is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 11:42 PM
  #687
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner
 
HighLifeMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,987
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Brossoit is also a 93..

I'm not sure a out Binnington though..

Binnington is also a 93'. I should have just answered your question directly, sorry about that.

So yes Paterson is the only goalie in camp who is eligible to return next year.

HighLifeMan is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 11:51 PM
  #688
oilerbear
Registered User
 
oilerbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,773
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonsofPuppies View Post
Is anyone really surprised to see a OHL supposedly elite goaltender struggling when wearing a Team Canada sweater?
last 15 WJC starter by CHL league. Number of gold won!
WHL 4/4
OHL 1/4 just brutal the last three years.
QMJHL 0/7

oilerbear is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 11:53 PM
  #689
stlblues9
Registered User
 
stlblues9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,843
vCash: 3530
Quote:
Originally Posted by hersky77 View Post
Ok i will list the three guys who scored on him

patrick kane- one of the shiftiest players in the nhl
jack johnson- great puck moving defensman with a high offensive upside
peter muller- could have been great injuries derailed his career

its not like he had scrubs shooting against him.
Okay but he let in 4 of 7 shots. Tell me how that's being a 'hero'. He played awful in the shootout and you can't deny it.

stlblues9 is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 11:59 PM
  #690
bruinsfan46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerbear View Post
last 15 WJC starter by CHL league. Number of gold won!
WHL 4/4
OHL 1/4 just brutal the last three years.
QMJHL 0/7
Jake Allen played in the Q, don't know the last three years are on the OHL.

bruinsfan46 is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 12:04 AM
  #691
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topched View Post
Gotta love Huberdeau getting the C right after that incident w/ the ref in Saint John.
I agree, as do most SJ fans, but for other reasons than last weeks incident... He tried to be too much like Mike Thomas (past Sea dog captain) in the Mem cup... Straying away from his main game (offense) to be that great leader on the ice... Give him an A, but not captaincy.

RJQuack is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 12:08 AM
  #692
hersky77
Registered User
 
hersky77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLFan7 View Post
Okay but he let in 4 of 7 shots. Tell me how that's being a 'hero'. He played awful in the shootout and you can't deny it.

Ok who got them to the shootout, who was the mvp of the tournament. You're argument is so skewed its funny.

hersky77 is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 12:15 AM
  #693
Ryker
Registered User
 
Ryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Triangle, NC, USA
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 3,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerbear View Post
last 15 WJC starter by CHL league. Number of gold won!
WHL 4/4
OHL 1/4 just brutal the last three years.
QMJHL 0/7
That doesn't tell you absolutely anything about the leagues. In fact, if you do infer something from it it's that QMJHL has Canada's best goalies, because they made the team the most times. And I'm not saying that you should infer that, by the way, either.

Ryker is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 12:20 AM
  #694
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Who cares about what Price did in the shootout? He made the big save, and was great in the tourney overall


RJQuack is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 12:23 AM
  #695
Nick the Viking
Registered User
 
Nick the Viking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Republic of Colwood
Country: Canada
Posts: 420
vCash: 500
really loving the way Corrado is playing - hope they don't put Dumba or Murphy ahead of him simply because of their pedigree. He's been great in these last few games and has had a solid season.

Nick the Viking is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 12:33 AM
  #696
stlblues9
Registered User
 
stlblues9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,843
vCash: 3530
Quote:
Originally Posted by hersky77 View Post
Ok who got them to the shootout, who was the mvp of the tournament. You're argument is so skewed its funny.
lol my original statement was 'lol Price was so pathetic in the shootout' Since then, all I have talked about is the shootout. I never said anything about anything other than the shootout. Please try and pay attention.

stlblues9 is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 12:51 AM
  #697
Gally and Chucky
No Excuses
 
Gally and Chucky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Gatineau, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLFan7 View Post
lol my original statement was 'lol Price was so pathetic in the shootout' Since then, all I have talked about is the shootout. I never said anything about anything other than the shootout. Please try and pay attention.
nobody remembers if you did good or not in the shootout. They only remember if you won or lost the game

back to the roster talk, i do see Drouin getting the 13th forward duties. Put him on the powerplay along with Mackinnon and Huberdeau. I just can't see Hockey Canada having two underagers in the top 6, even though that's what i'd want.

Gally and Chucky is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 12:53 AM
  #698
stlblues9
Registered User
 
stlblues9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,843
vCash: 3530
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKnPRICE View Post
nobody remembers if you did good or not in the shootout. They only remember if you won or lost the game
Oh ya? I remember Price choking in the shootout and Toews saving his ass.

stlblues9 is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 12:59 AM
  #699
scout97
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 141
vCash: 500
Huberdeau, RHN, strome
Drouin, mackinnon, rattie
Hudon, schifflie, Ritchie
Danult, Jenner, mcniel
Shinkaruk

Riely, Hamilton
Harrington, oullette
Rienhart, dumba / corrado
Murphy

Subban
Brossoit/binnington/patterson

scout97 is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 12:59 AM
  #700
Gally and Chucky
No Excuses
 
Gally and Chucky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Gatineau, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLFan7 View Post
Oh ya? I remember Price choking in the shootout and Toews saving his ass.
usually choking results to losing, but you're obviously here to troll so i'm just going to end this conversation right here. Just think about the fact that they won the game, the championship afterwards and you're ranting about how bad the MVP goalie was in a shootout that he still won regardless of what you say. Makes sense doesn't it?

Gally and Chucky is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.