HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

More Luongo Talk

Closed Thread

Old
12-12-2012, 11:27 PM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
What pieces could we get for Cory?

Kadri
Bozak
Finn
Komiserek

Don't you know? Luongo is old an has a terrible contract that gives his team a caphit the league seems unfair with multiple Vezina nominations, a gold medal and multiple SCF shut outs. While CS is young and unproven besides dominating at every level he has played at in non sheltered games (starting in Chicago, Boston, SJ and Minny) and posting unreal numbers in the playoffs and regular season. Somehow we managed back to back Presidents trophys and a SCF appearance with crap goaltending.

Ok but in all seriousness if TO wanted CS we would look a package close to what GMMG asked for Luo from BB at the draft.

Old
12-12-2012, 11:47 PM
skywarp75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
Kadri
Bozak
Finn
Komiserek

Don't you know? Luongo is old an has a terrible contract that gives his team a caphit the league seems unfair with multiple Vezina nominations, a gold medal and multiple SCF shut outs. While CS is young and unproven besides dominating at every level he has played at in non sheltered games (starting in Chicago, Boston, SJ and Minny) and posting unreal numbers in the playoffs and regular season. Somehow we managed back to back Presidents trophys and a SCF appearance with crap goaltending.

Ok but in all seriousness if TO wanted CS we would look a package close to what GMMG asked for Luo from BB at the draft.
I cant see anyone offering what it'd take to get Schneider, as the demand would likely be a premium star player in their prime, not a prospect or package.

Old
12-12-2012, 11:51 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Scheider + Kassian for Kessel.

Old
12-12-2012, 11:53 PM
skywarp75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
not kassian or jensen

Old
12-12-2012, 11:58 PM
luongo321

vCash: 50
Quote:
Schneider is more valuable to the Canucks than Kessel and we wouldn't need to add Kassian to get him.

Old
12-12-2012, 11:58 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlhockeyfan View Post
Honestly, Thomas would be better to have as a short term solution. Neither Luongo and Thomas are there for long-term. Thomas is less risky because he doesn't have an insane contract. Not only that, Thomas proved himself to be a better goaltender (although he's older).
Thomas has a couple years left to win a cup and he signs with the Toronto Maple Leafs? The only team to have zero playoff births since the last lockout... I would say there is virtually zero chance Thomas signs with the Leafs.

Same goes for Getzlaf. The Leafs need Luongo if they want a snowball's chance at signing the big centre IMO.

Luongo would do a lot more than stop pucks for the Leafs. He instantly gives credibility back to an organization that hasn't had any in almost a decade. People really overlook this impact.

Never mind the fact the Leafs are littered with pending free agents. Again, Luongo's presence could be the difference between retaining or losing a lot of talent over the next couple years.

To Van- Kulemin, Bozak, 1st
To Tor- Luongo, Raymond

Old
12-13-2012, 12:07 AM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Thomas has a couple years left to win a cup and he signs with the Toronto Maple Leafs? The only team to have zero playoff births since the last lockout... I would say there is virtually zero chance Thomas signs with the Leafs.

Same goes for Getzlaf. The Leafs need Luongo if they want a snowball's chance at signing the big centre IMO.

Luongo would do a lot more than stop pucks for the Leafs. He instantly gives credibility back to an organization that hasn't had any in almost a decade. People really overlook this impact.

Never mind the fact the Leafs are littered with pending free agents. Again, Luongo's presence could be the difference between retaining or losing a lot of talent over the next couple years.

To Tor- Luongo, Raymond
Take out Kulemin and Raymond

Old
12-13-2012, 12:10 AM
skywarp75

Quote:

To Tor- Luongo, Raymond
funny part is, a 2 year 5+m per contract to Thomas would be the same as the last few years of Luongos 'albatross'.

Old
12-13-2012, 12:13 AM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Take out Kulemin and Raymond
No dice. The Canucks want to get bigger up front and Kulemin would be the Canucks 2nd biggest winger and Raymond is their slightest. Replacing Raymond with Kulemin is a quick way to beef up the forward corps. That's an important part of the deal IMO, even though they both contribute similar on the scoresheet.

I just don't put much value in Tyler Bozak. He's 40 games from free agency, not skilled enough to crack the Canucks top 6 and not a strong defensive player or physical presence for the 3rd line. He's in the deal because Jordan Schroeder and Manny Malhotra are question marks.

The 1st is likely a mid rd pick. Good asset.

Without Kulemin, the value just isn't there.

Old
12-13-2012, 12:15 AM
TheGreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywarp75 View Post
Cart before horse, I see. Nice strategy. Why try to win unless you win the cup, just keep on losing, thats a better option?
How about letting our prospects develop , instead of giving up on them and trading for guy that cant win WITH A BETTER TEAM < Hate to say this but is true .

What makes you think Luongo Can WIN HERE?????????

Old
12-13-2012, 12:16 AM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
No dice. The Canucks want to get bigger up front and Kulemin would be the Canucks 2nd biggest winger and Raymond is their slightest. Replacing Raymond with Kulemin is a quick way to beef up the forward corps. That's an important part of the deal IMO, even though they both contribute similar on the scoresheet.

I just don't put much value in Tyler Bozak. He's 40 games from free agency, not skilled enough to crack the Canucks top 6 and not a strong defensive player or physical presence for the 3rd line. He's in the deal because Jordan Schroeder and Manny Malhotra are question marks.

The 1st is likely a mid rd pick. Good asset.

Without Kulemin, the value just isn't there.
We too need size, hence we wouldn't deal him. Sorry.

Old
12-13-2012, 12:19 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreat View Post
How about letting our prospects develop , instead of giving up on them and trading for guy that cant win WITH A BETTER TEAM < Hate to say this but is true .

What makes you think Luongo Can WIN HERE?????????
Because winning the Stanley Cup is as much about luck as it is skill.

Not to mention you have to make the playoffs first before winning it all. And if you'd prefer to give up roster players than prospects, than I'm all for that. Any one of Phaneuf/Grabovski/Lupul/Kulemin I'd be willing to base a deal around.

Old
12-13-2012, 12:20 AM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
We too need size, hence we wouldn't deal him. Sorry.
Didn't we already hear a rumour that Burke offered Kulemin up for Luongo?

I don't believe for a second Burke puts him on an untouchable list for Roberto Luongo. Luongo's impact is Rick Nash like. If you want to add impact, star players, you pay a price. If you're not willing to pay that price, the conversation is over before it starts. The fact Burke and Gillis have apparently been working on this deal for a prolonged period tells me Burke is absolutely willing to offer solid value. He just won;t move his young builing blocks like Rielly, Gardiner IMO.

Old
12-13-2012, 12:22 AM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Didn't we already hear a rumour that Burke offered Kulemin up for Luongo?

I don't believe for a second Burke puts him on an untouchable list for Roberto Luongo. Luongo's impact is Rick Nash like. If you want to add impact, star players, you pay a price. If you're not willing to pay that price, the conversation is over before it starts. The fact Burke and Gillis have apparently been working on this deal for a prolonged period tells me Burke is absolutely willing to offer solid value. He just won;t move his young builing blocks like Rielly, Gardiner IMO.
I never heard that rumour. Woud you happen to have a link?

The best I would do if Kulemin was involved would be to add a 2nd in 2013. Sorry. That's just how I see it.

Old
12-13-2012, 12:27 AM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:

The best I would do if Kulemin was involved would be to add a 2nd in 2013. Sorry. That's just how I see it.
I don't have a link. I just remember seeing it posted along with the Schenn for Luongo rumours.

Kulemin and a 2nd isn't something worth oulling the trigger on. Kulemin, Biggs and Finn make me think twice though. Still not a great offer but not a terrible one either.

Gillis' best play here is going to be to wait teams out. Losing hockey games is what gets GM's motivated to deal. There just isn't going to be any desperation until teams start struggling.

Old
12-13-2012, 12:30 AM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Quote:
yep, leaf fans think bozak is a valuable center, and a 1st is a drool worthy item worth massive amounts

canucks see bozak as something that probly wouldnt fit in, and wouldnt resign at the end of the year, hence useless. and a 1st doesnt help right now, so its not incentive at all. I think the leaf fans legit believe that package is worth a lot tho. its weird.
Exactly. Bozak would be 4th on the depth chart behind Henrik, Kesler and Lappy, AND he is a soon-to-be UFA, maybe valuable to TO but worthless to VAN.

A 1st from TO with Luongo would realistically be somewhere between 13-20 so it hold more value and is better off being used at the TDL or draft to get a roster player that will actually help.

Toronto has valuable assets just none that they are willing to part with or aren't worth much of anything to Vancouver. I wasn't trolling about Bozak and a 1st getting you Lack and a C prospect, the value just isn't there for us.

Old
12-13-2012, 12:34 AM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
I don't have a link. I just remember seeing it posted along with the Schenn for Luongo rumours.

Kulemin and a 2nd isn't something worth oulling the trigger on. Kulemin, Biggs and Finn make me think twice though. Still not a great offer but not a terrible one either.

Gillis' best play here is going to be to wait teams out. Losing hockey games is what gets GM's motivated to deal. There just isn't going to be any desperation until teams start struggling.
The way I understand it, if the season is lost, there would be a league wide draft lottery. If you factored in the the last 3 seasons (which I understand is the process) than Toronto would be drafting 4th overall (potentially), than 34th overall as well in the 2nd round. So that pick isn't that bad.

Kulemin is currenty playimg considerably well overseas. That wouldn't be that bad of an offer. But, that just might be how I see it. I value Kulemin quite a bit.

Old
12-13-2012, 12:36 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Kulemin, Connolly, 1st?

Maybe as a base, not sure I'd like it all that much. 1st can be conditional on playoffs or it becomes a 2nd.

Old
12-13-2012, 12:38 AM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Quote:
Kulemin, Connolly, 1st?

Maybe as a base, not sure I'd like it all that much. 1st can be conditional on playoffs or it becomes a 2nd.
Gillis only makes that deal if he wants to get fired. The only salary dump I could be convinced to accept is MacArthur.

Old
12-13-2012, 12:39 AM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Kulemin, Connolly, 1st?

I was just going to say change the 1st to a 2nd and you have a deal.

Old
12-13-2012, 12:41 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
I was just going to say change the 1st to a 2nd and you have a deal.
Not a chance. There can't only be one piece of any real value in a package like that.

Old
12-13-2012, 12:42 AM
skywarp75

Quote:

franchinse goalie >> 2nd line two way winger, unless you see it as

old goalie < 2nd line two way winger. or is kulemin something other than that? im no expert on his game.

Old
12-13-2012, 12:49 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
yep, leaf fans think bozak is a valuable center, and a 1st is a drool worthy item worth massive amounts

canucks see bozak as something that probly wouldnt fit in, and wouldnt resign at the end of the year, hence useless. and a 1st doesnt help right now, so its not incentive at all. I think the leaf fans legit believe that package is worth a lot tho. its weird.
this Leaf fan doesn't I think Bozak is pure garbage and if a deal is based around him i'll feel sorry for you

Old
12-13-2012, 01:15 AM
VasDimops

Quote:
The way I understand it, if the season is lost, there would be a league wide draft lottery. If you factored in the the last 3 seasons (which I understand is the process) than Toronto would be drafting 4th overall (potentially), than 34th overall as well in the 2nd round. So that pick isn't that bad.
This is not accurate.

The Leafs along with 5 other teams would have a 6% chance at #1 overall. Columbus would have the best odds with 10%, since they own LA and NYR 1st rounder as well.

Toronto could potentially draft 1st overall, or 30th overall depending on the lottery. Also, the 2nd round would snake back around (like it did in 2005), so using your example, if the Leafs drafted 4th overall, they would again draft at 57 (2nd round). Unless, New Jersey decides to forfeit that first overall pick this year.....then it would be 56.

This is assuming the leagues goes with a similar strategy as the last lockout.

Last edited by VasDimops: 12-13-2012 at 01:40 AM.
Old
12-13-2012, 01:38 AM
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Let's keep it civil please.