HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Games you are currently playing The Third

Closed Thread

Old
12-13-2012, 09:02 AM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedleInTheHay View Post
What should I play next... Sleeping Dogs or Hitman Absolution?
I haven't played Hitman Absolution but I bought Sleeping Dogs a few weeks ago for $30 and absolutely love it. I'm sad that I'm almost done the game. I have 3 more Favours and 3 more main story missions to do. I wish they could have made the story a bit longer. The drug busts and races are cool though.

Old
12-13-2012, 10:24 AM
Bocephus86

vCash: 500
Got carried away at Target and now I need to quit my job or something to make a dent in my current game load:

Batman Arkham Asylum: solid fun game but its getting a little easy/repetitive. Still very good though I'm just playing too many games

Infamous 1: Crushed right through the first area of the city, beat that boss then put it down. I've been too busy to open it back up. Also very fun game but I was demoralized ending in a new area and not being able to get back hahah

Fall Out NV: Odd putting this here. I had almost the whole game beat and did everything but I went to the Old World Blues add on with a 12 MB + save and it glitches every 2 minutes. I googled that and found that was a common issue. I will need to restart my game and go their earlier.

Just Cause 2: Shouldn't really be here; barely started it and I haven't played in while. Too over whelmed with the others.

Assassins Creed 2: Almost done

Bioshock 1: Half way through

New Games:

Mass Effect 3: Pulled through my ME2 player and I have just gotten through the Turian moon part and picked up my favorite team mate. I have a question on this: Are any of the DLCs worth it?

Also just bought Dishonored and Skyrim but haven't started them yet. I will not allow myself to open either until I make some headway above.

That is so many games... good thing i have some vacation saved up.

Old
12-13-2012, 10:55 AM
Oscar Acosta
I'm So Fancy

Still going through Saints Row 3. Love it, the mission variety is incredible.
I find it funny when Rockstar will say they can't do things on this generation (customized players, mission co-op, etc.) that Saints Row has nailed down.

Old
12-13-2012, 11:15 AM
Frankie Spankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Acosta View Post
Still going through Saints Row 3. Love it, the mission variety is incredible.
I find it funny when Rockstar will say they can't do things on this generation (customized players, mission co-op, etc.) that Saints Row has nailed down.
My favorite part of that game was probably the luchador match where you have a chainsaw mowing down enemies while the intercom speaker players "You're the best around!"

The amount of randomness and humor in that game is just too good to pass up. The DLC was pretty funny too.

Old
12-13-2012, 05:55 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Got an indy game that went through kickstarter on steam called "Faster than Light" or FTL. Pretty good but damn hard space... ship controlling game. Top down.

Old
12-13-2012, 07:00 PM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by akademiks View Post

Wanted a JRPG to pick and play when I have time. Liked Vesperia, so decided to give this a try. Just started it, but the story seems a little slow.
Having played and beaten both games in the last six months, I can tell you that Vesperia has a better story and characters while Graces f has a better battle engine. Graces f does take a while to get started but playing as kids in the beginning was adorable, I thought Also, with Graces f, you can tell it's a port of a Wii game

Old
12-13-2012, 07:02 PM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocephus86 View Post

Mass Effect 3: Pulled through my ME2 player and I have just gotten through the Turian moon part and picked up my favorite team mate. I have a question on this: Are any of the DLCs worth it?

I haven't gotten Omega, but Leviathen is worth it IMO, solid 3-5 hours

Old
12-14-2012, 02:46 AM
Finnpin
Jenni V

I have never ever played Assassin's Creed franchise before but picked up AC2 for under 8 eur. What a game. I also purchased two DLC for it with 160 and 280 msp at xbla. Will definately buy Brotherhood and Revelations. AC3 is getting some mixed up reviews.

Old
12-14-2012, 06:09 AM
blue425

I have the worst case of gamer ADD. In addition to all the stuff I started on the previous page I have also re started Metroid Prime.

I've had Echoes for at least a year (untouched), and I bought Corruption yesterday. Might as well play them all.

Old
12-14-2012, 06:42 AM
Patvolcom65
@Patvolcom65

Playing too much BF3..got like 30games in my backlog

Old
12-14-2012, 08:11 AM
Zih
Dater's Gonna Hate

vCash: 133
Quote:
From Ashes is ok. The new character is kind of interesting and the assault rifle is pretty good. It only adds one new mission though.

Leviathan is more about interesting locations and background/lore on the Reapers. I think it's regarded as pretty good.

Omega is not well regarded. It's basically all combat and adds very little to the story, and is $15.

Old
12-14-2012, 09:42 AM
Bocephus86

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyColdHrdina View Post
I haven't gotten Omega, but Leviathen is worth it IMO, solid 3-5 hours
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zih View Post
From Ashes is ok. The new character is kind of interesting and the assault rifle is pretty good. It only adds one new mission though.

Leviathan is more about interesting locations and background/lore on the Reapers. I think it's regarded as pretty good.

Omega is not well regarded. It's basically all combat and adds very little to the story, and is $15.
Thanks guys. I'm landing back home tonight and thinking about a mass effect weekend so I'm going to probably buy/download the both of them this afternoon. I was mostly thinking about from ashes as I was curious about the protheons (sp?) but I will look at Leviathan too; I love the cool locations in this game so another one or 2 would be nice. I think I am early enough in game that I wont need to restart or that if I do I haven't lost much.

Old
12-14-2012, 10:21 PM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

Quote:
Thanks guys. I'm landing back home tonight and thinking about a mass effect weekend so I'm going to probably buy/download the both of them this afternoon. I was mostly thinking about from ashes as I was curious about the protheons (sp?) but I will look at Leviathan too; I love the cool locations in this game so another one or 2 would be nice. I think I am early enough in game that I wont need to restart or that if I do I haven't lost much.
If you like the ME universe and it's lore, those are the two DLCs to get. Forgot that From Ashes is actually DLC, got it for free with my collector's edition (first CE I've ever bought)

Old
12-15-2012, 03:03 PM
RStar*

Recently finished FTL. Played it for 20+ hours at work the first 3 days I picked it up. Now that I'm done its worn off but $6 well spent, that's for sure.

Just about to wrap up Persona 4 Golden as well, amazing game.

Other than that still picking away at Borderlands 2 and Assassins Creed 3. Both good games, but neither drew me in where I feel the urge to play them.

Old
12-15-2012, 09:57 PM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

Ni No Kuni demo is out...pretty friggin sick if you like JRPGs. Level-5 has found their mojo again. Looks I'll be sinking an easy 100 hours into it

Old
12-16-2012, 08:19 AM
RStar*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyColdHrdina View Post
Ni No Kuni demo is out...pretty friggin sick if you like JRPGs. Level-5 has found their mojo again. Looks I'll be sinking an easy 100 hours into it
Pretty much forgot about this game, now really looking forward to the demo when I get home.

If anyone here goes to IGN, don't watch their preview. They warn about spoilers, but then go on to show absolutely no gameplay and spoil the huge plot twist the start of the game creates.

They basically ruin the first 2 hours of the game that would normally probably be one of the big moments of the game.

I'm pretty pissed I watched it.

Old
12-16-2012, 08:23 AM
syz
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ni no Kuni is another of like five or six interesting looking 2012 games that got bumped.

Just sort of a realization I've had after synthesizing some of the game of the year discussions about how there was virtually nothing but straight "like the last one but better" refinement outside of Indie developers this year.

Old
12-16-2012, 08:29 AM
RStar*

Quote:
Originally Posted by syz View Post
Ni no Kuni is another of like five or six interesting looking 2012 games that got bumped.

Just sort of a realization I've had after synthesizing some of the game of the year discussions about how there was virtually nothing but straight "like the last one but better" refinement outside of Indie developers this year.
This year looks pretty bleak. Ni no Kuni and Remember Me are probably the only new IP's I can think of off the top of my head I'm excited for. I'm kind of getting zombied out so I'm not as high on Last of Us as most.

I'm hoping there will be some big announcements at E3, but that pretty much means those games wont be out until at least the Christmas season. The new consoles being released should bring some new IP's with them if history has taught us anything though.

Old
12-16-2012, 09:01 AM
syz
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbannedRStar View Post
This year looks pretty bleak. Ni no Kuni and Remember Me are probably the only new IP's I can think of off the top of my head I'm excited for. I'm kind of getting zombied out so I'm not as high on Last of Us as most.

I'm hoping there will be some big announcements at E3, but that pretty much means those games wont be out until at least the Christmas season. The new consoles being released should bring some new IP's with them if history has taught us anything though.
I'd like to say that I can already see myself buying more games in 2013 than in 2012, even after considering the inevitable gaming void between June and December thanks to the suggested next gen, but that hinges on whether or not stuff like Last Guardian, Dragon's Crown and Versus 13 actually still exist.

Old
12-16-2012, 09:53 AM
RStar*

Quote:
Originally Posted by syz View Post
I'd like to say that I can already see myself buying more games in 2013 than in 2012, even after considering the inevitable gaming void between June and December thanks to the suggested next gen, but that hinges on whether or not stuff like Last Guardian, Dragon's Crown and Versus 13 actually still exist.
I've lost faith in Last Guardian, which is sad because it looked like it was going to be a great story.

Not aware of Dragon's Crown, I'll have to look into it.

Old
12-16-2012, 11:01 AM
Qurpiz
Unregistered Abuser

Got Samsung Galaxy SIII this week, and, well, Bad Piggies is an awesome game.

Old
12-17-2012, 09:25 AM
Unholy Diver

Started Darksiders II this weekend, still working on Super Mario Bros U

Old
12-17-2012, 10:06 AM
snowden
Man is matter

Beat Borderlands yesterday and I'll have to agree with the consensus that the ending was probably one of the worst I've seen. Just a huge letdown. Does anyone know why the devs decided to basically have no ending? Mind boggling.

It was essenially just Fallout Lite which I didn't mind because I love Fallout. Hated the fast regeneration of enemies in the beginning when my guy wasn't as strong. Spent way too much time killing meaningless creatures/raiders. I've started the DLC but it hasn't been that interesting. Got Borderlands 2 yesterday, too, but will probably slog through some of my backlog.

Old
12-17-2012, 12:53 PM
Frankie Spankie

Started Spec Ops The Line yesterday - pretty average game so far. I'm not too far in so I haven't seen anything too crazy which is what I'm looking for.

Old
12-17-2012, 04:49 PM
Inub0i
For the Alliance!

Send a message via AIM to Inub0i Send a message via MSN to Inub0i Send a message via Skype™ to Inub0i
Stray Bead Hunting in a blank file in Okami HD. Never got all 100 of 'em before; maybe 60 of 'em

Closed Thread