HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Players in the Junior champions to keep an eye

Old
12-13-2012, 09:30 AM
mossy joe
keep it riel

vCash: 50
i'm actually looking forward to seeing johnny gaudreau play for USA. also, the shinkaruk/schremp comparison is junk, mainly because shinkaruk can skate.

mossy joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 09:44 AM
OilFury

vCash: 500
i so wish the oilers could get barkov..if there is no season and we dont do well in the lottery i hope we pull off a big trade to get him.. i would easily pick him #1 overall

too bad we wont see klefbom/gernat

OilFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 01:29 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilFury View Post
i so wish the oilers could get barkov..if there is no season and we dont do well in the lottery i hope we pull off a big trade to get him.. i would easily pick him #1 overall
I can't see him going 1st (or even 2nd for that matter), and that's not a knock on him. MacKinnon and Jones are just that good. IMO, you trade up to 3rd, not 1st.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossy joe View Post
i'm actually looking forward to seeing johnny gaudreau play for USA. also, the shinkaruk/schremp comparison is junk, mainly because shinkaruk can skate.
Shinkaruk can't skate that well. He's been completely neutralized whenever the I've watched him and the other team has a decent dman. He reads the play well, and is a fantastic playmaker/scorer, but he's absolutely hopeless one on one

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 02:54 PM
OilFury

i agree barkov wont go first..just saying i would take him first if i was a gm :p

OilFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 05:59 PM
mossy joe
keep it riel

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
I can't see him going 1st (or even 2nd for that matter), and that's not a knock on him. MacKinnon and Jones are just that good. IMO, you trade up to 3rd, not 1st.

Shinkaruk can't skate that well. He's been completely neutralized whenever the I've watched him and the other team has a decent dman. He reads the play well, and is a fantastic playmaker/scorer, but he's absolutely hopeless one on one
that's funny because the two times i've watched him live he's been great.

mossy joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 06:37 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossy joe View Post
that's funny because the two times i've watched him live he's been great.
It's not like I have anything against him. I want to like him, but he's got some major flaws in his game. I'm certainly not the only one either

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 07:26 PM
BarDownBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
It's not like I have anything against him. I want to like him, but he's got some major flaws in his game. I'm certainly not the only one either
Have to agree with you there, I mean I've only seen him once but in that game he didn't impress me at all.

BarDownBobo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 01:37 AM
Burnt Biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOUNCE View Post
Elias Lindholm. I wish I saw paajarvi pull the stuff this kid is doing. This kid is a stud. Vision. Hands. Grit. Shot. Skating. Watch the video, I'm sure you will be impressed!

I was impressed, but he did really go to a couple moves time and time again, NHL defenders will key in on stuff like that and he will lose much of their effectiveness unless he can adapt. I am eager to watch him in the WJC and see what he does over the course of a game compared to a highlight clip.

Burnt Biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 05:27 PM
BOUNCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt Biscuits View Post
I was impressed, but he did really go to a couple moves time and time again, NHL defenders will key in on stuff like that and he will lose much of their effectiveness unless he can adapt. I am eager to watch him in the WJC and see what he does over the course of a game compared to a highlight clip.
Definitely. I'm stoked to see what he can do against the best competition in his age group.

BOUNCE is offline   Reply With Quote