HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 6)

Closed Thread

Old
12-10-2012, 12:10 PM
Libbs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
The accused, if found guilty, should be banned from the WFCU Centre. Stupid **** like that is what gives us a bad name.
That's assuming he has even attended a hockey game there to begin with.

I'll chalk this up to another idiot living in Windsor and the London/Windsor comment is being sensationalized.

Old
12-10-2012, 01:08 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
That's assuming he has even attended a hockey game there to begin with.

I'll chalk this up to another idiot living in Windsor and the London/Windsor comment is being sensationalized.
Right and considering this incident didn't even take place in the WFCU that person should be banned from the arena?

Old
12-10-2012, 01:47 PM
hockeylegend11

Since the trade with Peterborough Spits are 5-2--0-1 in 8 games,Murphy tied with Rychel with 8 pts in this stretch,but what stands out is Spits have only allowed 17 goals excluding an empty netter and shootout winner, credit has to go to everybody to a committment to defence 1st
At the start of the year Bob Boughner stated spits would have to win the 2-1 and 3-2 games, due to lack of natural scoring,seems to be ringing more true
Including the shootouts Spits have had 9- 1 goal losses

Old
12-10-2012, 01:58 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Spits have had 9- 1 goal losses
Thats great... if this was last year.

Sorry for the sarcasm, but with the team a year older, they should be winning 1/2 of those games.

Old
12-10-2012, 02:03 PM
Ottomatic

Ferry and Pitt St - I bet the attacker still thinks the Spits play at the Barn, because that was the last time he actually attended a game.

Like the Spits vs Knights are even heated rivals right now - London blows us out of the water and games are not even overtly physical.

Old
12-10-2012, 02:14 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
I agree with all of this. This afternoon I thought Bateman was absolutely horrible, you have to think the end of the road is coming for him. Still need to make more strides as a team, take the wins while you can. Still think this team ends up as a 7th or 8th seed.
Yes I see what u mean,after the trade i saw an uptick in his play,unfortunately it only lasted 3 or 4 games,Murphy does what Bateman is supposed to do or was projected to provide,offensive defenceman,though small,but can play defense
Murphy"s presence appears to have made Bateman expendable
Moving him wont be easy,i was really hoping for him,now I just dont know
He and J.Mcnaughton have not performed to expectations and I expect to gone by trade deadline
They are similiar defencemen,and neither unfortunately has measured up

Old
12-10-2012, 04:07 PM
OHLTG

As stupid as some Windsorites are, I'm sure he was well-aware of the teams home.

Old
12-10-2012, 04:08 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Yes I see what u mean,after the trade i saw an uptick in his play,unfortunately it only lasted 3 or 4 games,Murphy does what Bateman is supposed to do or was projected to provide,offensive defenceman,though small,but can play defense
Murphy"s presence appears to have made Bateman expendable
Moving him wont be easy,i was really hoping for him,now I just dont know
He and J.Mcnaughton have not performed to expectations and I expect to gone by trade deadline
They are similiar defencemen,and neither unfortunately has measured up
In a way, McNaughton reminds me of Woodcroft in that he did really well in camp, but hasn't done anything in the regular season to earn a spot. He has that bullet from the point, just doesn't use it.

Old
12-10-2012, 04:23 PM
hockeylegend11

Spits have a chance to solidify their playoff spot with the roster depleted Rangers in town for the final home game prior to the Christmas break
Puempel,Reider,Faska,Murphy,
Iafrate,Bailey,probably Gibson,possibly Ming and Sterk
Former Spit N.Czinder has a lone assist in his 23 games played,and the other O/A Domenic Alberga who has 2goals and 2 assists,which means E.Clark has more pts and goals then the 2 combined,3 G and 5A,non productive O/A s have hurt the Rangers thus far
Rangers are only 6 pts up on Windsor in the conference standings,while the very average performing Whalers are only a pt up
These teams definitely in striking range,throw in Sarnia too
Should the NHL go back Whales stand to lose Rackell,their leading pt scorer,while the Sting might lose Galchenyuk and Murphy,especially Galchenyuk
The Spits better play of late and current 4 game winning streak ,2nd best going winning streak behind the Knights 18 game winning streak,has made things tighter in the West Conference

Old
12-10-2012, 06:57 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
Thats great... if this was last year.

Sorry for the sarcasm, but with the team a year older, they should be winning 1/2 of those games.
I was running some errands and near the end of the 2nd period yesterday. I heard Mike Miller saying that it was important for the Spits to get a goal and take the lead because going into the 3rd period they are 7-0-2 when they lead. That right there tells you how poor they have been this year. It's nice they are undefeated when leading after 2 but only 9 of 32 games they have had a lead after 2? This 4 game streak is just a way to even out the one goal games they were losing earlier in the year. Still the 2nd worst GF/GA in the west, if they start winning more games and the GF/GA evens out then I would become a believer.

Old
12-11-2012, 12:33 AM
jughead42

It's unfortunate that buddy from London broke his beak, that's not cool. I'm all for giving the gears to an opposing team's fans, but assaulting people just because they are from London is a bit much. What's wrong with helping the couple out, calling Domi a puss, then being done with it? Kids these days.

As much as I'd like Koko back in the lineup, if the kid is starting to get his game together in the KHL and doesn't want to come back I totally understand. Maybe adding him to their protected list again was just a way to save a bit of face after goofing up the import situation. If he comes back it would make a huge difference, but we are starting to get ourselves together finally without him. The one thing that struck me about the Oshawa game was how much better the team was becoming at passing the puck quickly and effectively. It's not where it needs to be yet, but they are starting to move the puck around a whole lot better than they have for much of the season. They are much quicker with it, and more passes in general seem to find their targets.

Old
12-11-2012, 06:24 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
It's unfortunate that buddy from London broke his beak, that's not cool. I'm all for giving the gears to an opposing team's fans, but assaulting people just because they are from London is a bit much. What's wrong with helping the couple out, calling Domi a puss, then being done with it? Kids these days.

As much as I'd like Koko back in the lineup, if the kid is starting to get his game together in the KHL and doesn't want to come back I totally understand. Maybe adding him to their protected list again was just a way to save a bit of face after goofing up the import situation. If he comes back it would make a huge difference, but we are starting to get ourselves together finally without him. The one thing that struck me about the Oshawa game was how much better the team was becoming at passing the puck quickly and effectively. It's not where it needs to be yet, but they are starting to move the puck around a whole lot better than they have for much of the season. They are much quicker with it, and more passes in general seem to find their targets.
Yes its amazing what a few wins do,confidence goes straight to the legs,uptempo things start to happen
Actually the Spits have played pretty well against the East so far this season,the only real stinker was a 4-1 loss at Brampton,2 months ago,infact other then that loss, the 3 losses vs Owen SD,and 2 vs Plymouth the Spits record in the other 26 games is 14-6-1-5,pretty good I say,especially when one considers 5 of these 6 losses to the above teams were on the road

Old
12-11-2012, 08:07 PM
spitz fan 4ever

koko has 2-5-7 totals in 26 games not bad considering i think he had only 1 point after 19 games, so hes definetly picking up the slack

Old
12-12-2012, 12:59 PM
izzys

I talked to my inside guy told for lunch and he told me they r pushing a trade now hard but if it doesnt come before the freeze

early jan you will be some players go

quote un quote - you will like these trades and the players getting moved out you will be happy

anyone else hear about this ?

Old
12-12-2012, 01:11 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzys View Post
I talked to my inside guy told for lunch and he told me they r pushing a trade now hard but if it doesnt come before the freeze

quote un quote - you will like these trades and the players getting moved out you will be happy

I've heard player(s) had been involved in deals, but said deals "fell through." This was a few games back, from one of my sources. Details were not given.

Old
12-12-2012, 01:11 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:

They can't make any trades they have won 4 in a row, no reason to break up this juggernaut.

Old
12-12-2012, 01:24 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
They can't make any trades they have won 4 in a row, no reason to break up this juggernaut.
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...bb-d3g4g29.jpg

Old
12-12-2012, 09:46 PM
hockeylegend11

Spits enter Thursday"s game vs Kitchener 2 pts behind Plymouth and 6 pts behind the Rangers
Spits 23 pts at home best in the division,4th in the conference,5th in the league
Its too bad their 11 pts on the road,is 9th in the conference,though they do have 3 pts in the last 2 road games,shootout win against Sarnia and a shootout loss to these Rangers
The key will be to show no mercy against a roster depleted Ranger lineup,as world jrs,injuries and suspensions have greatly affected the makeup of this team
Cant afford to look ahead to the weekend before the xmas break

Old
12-12-2012, 11:24 PM
jughead42

We seem to match up fairly well against Kitchener, I'm anxious to see how we do. They might be a team that I'd like to play in the playoffs if things work out that way, you can count on us always having the physical edge against the group of dandies they parade out there every year.

Old
12-13-2012, 08:03 AM
punch1943

Quote:

IMHO As much as I feel that the Spits need to improve, the win streak has probably put off the inevitable trades. As for the Spits they have a week to do a deal before the OHL Christmas trade freeze (Dec 20-27) and they play 3 games in that period. A number of teams have players missing and this is the time the bottom feeders (such as the Spits) need to make hay while the sun shines = grab the points while the getting is good. So I expect trades will be difficult to make until after Jan 5th. If the Spits do poorly in the next 3 games against weakened teams you would expect them to make some major moves Jan 5th -10th.

Here are some dates that you might want to look at if you are wondering if a trade(s) might be imminent....

Dec. 26 to Jan. 5 World Junior Hockey Championship (Ufa, Russia)
Dec. 29 to Jan. 4 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge (Victoriaville/Drummondville, Que.)

Jan. 10 at noon OHL trade deadline

*Restricted trading periods Dec. 10 to Jan. 5 (WJC players); Dec. 20 to 27 (all players) Dec. 27 to Jan. 4 (U-17 players)

Old
12-13-2012, 08:30 AM
hockeylegend11

Interesting stat going into the game tonite vs Kitchener,with all the players out for the rangers because of committments and injury,the 18 skaters expected to dress for them have a combined total of 25 goals scored excluding shootouts,if Ming and Sterk play make it 30 goals,if the Rangers score more then 2 I will be disappointed
On the subject of overagers the Rangers 2 consisting of Czinder and Alberga have combined for 5 pts while Emerson Clark has 8 pts ,while pts are not everything regarding o/a importance,it is easy to see that the Rangers need to upgrade that area big time
If a team cant score better to go with kids at least they should get better,the o/as I doubt it
Spits have a big edge in scoring for the game tonite best to take advantage

Old
12-13-2012, 09:17 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
We seem to match up fairly well against Kitchener, I'm anxious to see how we do. They might be a team that I'd like to play in the playoffs if things work out that way, you can count on us always having the physical edge against the group of dandies they parade out there every year.
I think it's all relative. Windsor might be more physical than Kitchener but not by much. Take the words from Bob Boughner who says his team doesn't finish their checks in the offensive zone. I think there are probably a lot of teams that are saying they would like to matchup with Windsor in the playoffs. Of course ignoring teams like Soo and Saginaw because that would take a miracle for that to happen. Any team should be happy with a matchup against Windsor because even if your team has issues scoring there's a great chance you will still be in every game because Windsor can't score either. When you consider Windsor can't win on the road either that spells trouble for any team especially with the new format. A team like Windsor against Owen Sound or London in round 1 could find themselves down 2-0 before they get off the bus.

Old
12-13-2012, 09:55 AM
Ottomatic

Yeah, Spits won't make any trades now because they will look to take advantage of not missing any players and trying to steal a few points rather than making a trade and then potentially playing short a game themselves and then trying to integrate the new player(s) into the offense the other games.

We'll be looking to deal after the Christmas /WJC break.

Old
12-13-2012, 10:21 AM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
Yeah, Spits won't make any trades now because they will look to take advantage of not missing any players and trying to steal a few points rather than making a trade and then potentially playing short a game themselves and then trying to integrate the new player(s) into the offense the other games.

Sieloff IS going team USA and he is are best Defenceman by a landslide and one of are best forwards in Ho-Sang, idk if your fooled by this 4 game winning streak but I'm not the way this team looks they will have a first round exit in the playoffs...there still needs to be moves to bring in a good top six forward.

Old
12-13-2012, 12:20 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post

I would probably agree with no deals till post Christmas/jr break,spits will be missing Seiloff and Hosang during this stretch although most teams will have guys missing,some more then others,just have to deal with it
Now a month ago I suggested Spits look at O/A center Charles Inglis a player with a checkered reputation,he was just released by his 2nd WHL team last night,it has been suggested he wont be claimed by another Western League and would be free to go to the other major junior leagues
I say take a look at him,if only till Jan 10,if he truly wants to carve out a career,it would be low cost high reward for Spits,Windsor has a need for an O/A with skill,he has it,grit he has it,it"s the tude I am worried about,but it might worth looking into

Closed Thread