HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

2012 CBA/Lockout talk, It's not looking good VI

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-13-2012, 12:29 AM
  #751
trenton1
Paille Good
 
trenton1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Loge 31 Row 10
Country: Belize
Posts: 6,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch View Post
Spoken for truth. But I hated Jacobs long before I ever sold tickets. And I will hate him long after...
At least you put your money where your mouth is.

trenton1 is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 12:40 AM
  #752
MarshmontMcSlewfoot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Ushers/Vendor workers are regular people

Most probably dont even know who Jacobs is
They are.

And I promise this is true and first hand knowledge the workers don't really like Celtics fans since the Bruins fans are so much better in direct comparison. Bs fans are way better tippers and spend more money at the concession stands its not even close.

Just normal people losing out when billionaires and millionaires squabble (all while the NHL is untouchable in Canada, more popular than ever in the major US markets and actually doing better than the NBA in most of them, and just ripped off NBC for a great deal to a sport that sucks on tv.)

MarshmontMcSlewfoot is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 02:55 AM
  #753
sooshii
Believe in Boston
 
sooshii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Philly burbs
Country: United States
Posts: 9,846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
Only at the arenas.

buy extra for home.
Buy beers from WickedBeerGirl.

sooshii is online now  
Old
12-13-2012, 06:46 AM
  #754
EverettMike
Registered User
 
EverettMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Everett, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,680
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Ushers/Vendor workers are regular people

Most probably dont even know who Jacobs is
I'm not going to be in the arena anyway, and even if I were stuck like some that paid for their season tickets, I wouldn't give an NHL owner an extra dime. Sorry. I'll make up for it to other people, like...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooshii View Post
Buy beers from WickedBeerGirl.
bingo.

EverettMike is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 07:38 AM
  #755
BlackNgold 84
Registered User
 
BlackNgold 84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Country: United States
Posts: 2,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
I actually watched 75% of the Nets / Knicks game last night.... The last 5 minutes in basketball is great when it's a close game... the other 43..'meh.
Awhile back i heard the best idea for basketball.. give em 100 points each and play a 5 minute game. This is pretty much it. I can watch the c's play but i still flip through the channels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Think there should be a Cup awarded to the team who wins it all during a lockout.....called the GB cup, half the size of the real and legit Cup, that's how I feel about a BS half season
If the bruins win would the duck boats just circle the parking lot outside the garden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch View Post
I'm with you! Oh wait, they already have my 30k for next year

I was the ignorant one to roll it over. I really thought there would be at least a partial season this year. I obviously gave the owners and players way to much credit. Apparently they are just as stupid as I am. Gamble big, lose big.
Thank god I did option 2.. if the season it cancelled i get refunded and i'm not stuck into prices next season. I'm probabley not gong to renew anyways since i got too many bills and i'm trying to move out with the gf this august. We'll see it better be a good deal if not i'm out. And if they do have a season i'm selling as many as i can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
Sell em, make a profit, buy no beer, no merchandise.
Done, done, and done. I'll be going to McCann's if i drink before a game or other bars in that area. I'm sad to see the penalty box is gone.. i loved that **** hole.

BlackNgold 84 is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 07:40 AM
  #756
Therick67
Registered User
 
Therick67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: South of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 3,892
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Ushers/Vendor workers are regular people
Most probably dont even know who Jacobs is
And so are the fans. This league won't be seeing any money from me for some time, thats the only way I can send a message. I'm not the one hurting the other regular people, thats the NHL & NHLPA.

Therick67 is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 07:53 AM
  #757
Roll 4 Lines
Gitchyasum!
 
Roll 4 Lines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bear Country
Country: United States
Posts: 5,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therick67 View Post
And so are the fans. This league won't be seeing any money from me for some time, thats the only way I can send a message. I'm not the one hurting the other regular people, thats the NHL & NHLPA.
Bingo! we got bingo here!

I've stopped wearing my Bruins hat and shirts, etc.

I even stopped myself last week from wearing a B's t-shirt UNDER my flannel shirt. Just couldn't do it.

Like someone else said, I'm happy that none of the Bruins players have been mouthing off in the media or in public, but still...the NHL and the NHLPA can all go screw!

Roll 4 Lines is online now  
Old
12-13-2012, 08:02 AM
  #758
Ratty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Rive Gauche
Posts: 5,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharaTriedToEatMe View Post
They are.

And I promise this is true and first hand knowledge the workers don't really like Celtics fans since the Bruins fans are so much better in direct comparison. Bs fans are way better tippers and spend more money at the concession stands its not even close.

Just normal people losing out when billionaires and millionaires squabble (all while the NHL is untouchable in Canada, more popular than ever in the major US markets and actually doing better than the NBA in most of them, and just ripped off NBC for a great deal to a sport that sucks on tv.)
I heard that the reason they put baby changing stations in the men's room, was to placate Celtics fans.

Ratty is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 08:08 AM
  #759
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs
 
Bruinsfan_37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Laval
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Man, I am with you. We have stood at opposite ends of this whole fiasco and in the end we are the two that get ****ed , sans lube.

I wish I lived up there so I didn't have to buy Center Ice for the Bruins. I don't want to give them one red cent.

They have lost from me $250.00 in apparel for Christmas gifts, 8 tickets (4 Devils, 4 Rangers, about 720 bucks total) and whatever concessions I would buy.... I do feel bad for my favorite parking garage in Newark, as they will no doubt be forced to cut staff. Sadly my $990 bucks is not even a drop in the bucket lost this holiday season, but hopefully it all adds up.
Same here and i'm staying strong regarding Center Ice package as well, wife can't believe it. I have cancelled it and will not be getting it back for next year. What ever game is on TSN-RDS and CBC of the Bruins i'll watch, the rest just to bad. They don't care about us I won't care about them. I have not purchased anything of the Bruins and will not be for a long time. Tickets to games in Montreal and Ottawa they can forget about me, going on family vacations instead!

Bruinsfan_37 is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 08:14 AM
  #760
Oates2Neely
Registered User
 
Oates2Neely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BeanTown
Country: Azores
Posts: 6,257
vCash: 500
I'm not a season ticket holder, but I typically go to 6 or so games per season, & attend 1 playoff game per round. NOT this year, even IF this season happens, these 'negotiations" have left a bad taste in my mouth, I'll watch from the comfort of home or my local watering hole.

Oates2Neely is online now  
Old
12-13-2012, 08:25 AM
  #761
flannelman
goodbye.
 
flannelman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lempster, NH
Country: Ireland
Posts: 10,425
vCash: 500
while I've never liked the Sabres, I thought this was cool:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/b...lockout-121112

sorry if this has already been posted.

flannelman is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 08:46 AM
  #762
BMC
#BostonStrong
 
BMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Northeastern CT
Country: United States
Posts: 19,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhounds View Post
In 1918 the season was 22 games. As late as 1942, the season was 48 games. Up to 1946, it was 50 games. Then it started to rise to current number of games, from 60, 70, even more, and eventually 82.

http://www.puckreport.com/2009/07/nh...on-length.html

There's no magic number to indicate how long a season should be. As long as the guys have played enough to be at the top of their game when playoffs start, I'm happy.
Hey Greyhounds great to see you posting again

BMC is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 08:48 AM
  #763
zylos45
Registered User
 
zylos45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Country: Greece
Posts: 1,188
vCash: 500
ball in players court. bet they screw the pooch

NHLPA will find a way to mess this up

zylos45 is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 08:53 AM
  #764
BMC
#BostonStrong
 
BMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Northeastern CT
Country: United States
Posts: 19,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zylos45 View Post
ball in players court. bet they screw the pooch

NHLPA will find a way to mess this up
They always do.

BMC is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 10:03 AM
  #765
BlackNgold 84
Registered User
 
BlackNgold 84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Country: United States
Posts: 2,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll 4 Lines View Post
Bingo! we got bingo here!

I've stopped wearing my Bruins hat and shirts, etc.

I even stopped myself last week from wearing a B's t-shirt UNDER my flannel shirt. Just couldn't do it.

Like someone else said, I'm happy that none of the Bruins players have been mouthing off in the media or in public, but still...the NHL and the NHLPA can all go screw!
I was working the pats game monday night and there was several people wearing bruins jerseys.. some kids started "lets go bruins" chants that were quickly booed... The booing has pretty much been my thoughts of this whole cba.

BlackNgold 84 is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 10:07 AM
  #766
Shadowthrone
No Hate No Love
 
Shadowthrone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: I Drop The Glove
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 View Post
I'm sad to see the penalty box is gone.. i loved that **** hole.
Seconded. Supreme no nonsense and ******** watering hole.
****** shame

Shadowthrone is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 10:11 AM
  #767
Roll 4 Lines
Gitchyasum!
 
Roll 4 Lines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bear Country
Country: United States
Posts: 5,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowthrone View Post
Seconded. Supreme no nonsense and ******** watering hole.
****** shame
I spent some nights in there I'll never remember!


Roll 4 Lines is online now  
Old
12-13-2012, 10:11 AM
  #768
Greyhounds
Registered User
 
Greyhounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Nashua
Country: United States
Posts: 11,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post
Hey Greyhounds great to see you posting again
Thanks Don't know if I'll be around much, but will pop in when I can.

Greyhounds is online now  
Old
12-13-2012, 10:26 AM
  #769
JMiller
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Watertown
Posts: 12,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zylos45 View Post
ball in players court. bet they screw the pooch

NHLPA will find a way to mess this up
The keys are in the owners hands. It's up to them when we see hockey again.

JMiller is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 10:41 AM
  #770
beaverjc
Registered User
 
beaverjc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,461
vCash: 500
I am torn because I am stuck with ST since I opted for option #1 like an idiot. That being said I love my seats and location and love hockey so I pretty much have to keep them at this point. But I am not going to buy one jersey/hat/book nor spend one dime on concessions when these tools get back. Both sides share the blame in my opinion and they will pay for it.

beaverjc is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 10:52 AM
  #771
Artemis
Took the red pill
 
Artemis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: United States
Posts: 16,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
The keys are in the owners hands. It's up to them when we see hockey again.
Literally.

Artemis is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 11:11 AM
  #772
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: next to the bench
Country: Scotland
Posts: 24,858
vCash: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverjc View Post
I am torn because I am stuck with ST since I opted for option #1 like an idiot. That being said I love my seats and location and love hockey so I pretty much have to keep them at this point. But I am not going to buy one jersey/hat/book nor spend one dime on concessions when these tools get back. Both sides share the blame in my opinion and they will pay for it.
This is how I feel. I really miss the games and hope they find a way to get their heads out of their behinds and get a season going.

I don't buy merchandise (What I have was given to me ) and I don't usually buy food there. ..maybe a water or soda at the most.

It's a shame that the fools let it get to this.

__________________
Get well Pevs. B's fans sending you a hug!!!.
Ladyfan is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 11:15 AM
  #773
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
The keys are in the owners hands. It's up to them when we see hockey again.
Owners always have the keys, but they also have an obligation to the business and sport to ensure that when they use those keys they will be doing so with a CBA that is in everyone's best interest.

The players balked at this past CBA, one that saw more teams viable financially, saw revenues sky rocket, saw players salaries grow, and grew the sport significantly by creating more competition throughout.

The players have just as much power to end the lockout as all they've been asked to do is agree to a deal that will be very profitable for everyone involved and NOT hold out for more at the expense of the owners, the teams, or the fans.

Kaoz is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 11:19 AM
  #774
ronwm
Registered User
 
ronwm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: (South of) Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 1,323
vCash: 500
I don't know if this should make me laugh or cry....

Quote:
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

Well, one side says there was a meeting this am and now the other side says there wasn't. Somewhat humorous.

ronwm is online now  
Old
12-13-2012, 11:25 AM
  #775
Therick67
Registered User
 
Therick67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: South of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 3,892
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Owners always have the keys, but they also have an obligation to the business and sport to ensure that when they use those keys they will be doing so with a CBA that is in everyone's best interest.

The players balked at this past CBA, one that saw more teams viable financially, saw revenues sky rocket, saw players salaries grow, and grew the sport significantly by creating more competition throughout.

The players have just as much power to end the lockout as all they've been asked to do is agree to a deal that will be very profitable for everyone involved and NOT hold out for more at the expense of the owners, the teams, or the fans.
I thought the players gave in on the salry cap and gave a 24% roll back that lead to this?

Therick67 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.