HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

This is the end, beautiful friend.

Closed Thread

Old
12-13-2012, 12:26 PM
vcv
Deal with it

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
He's the penultimate tool, and the foremost icon of the completely talent-free music industry in america.
talent-free? Come on, seriously man? Maybe he is a horrible live performer (never seen any other concerts), but he is very talented.

Old
12-13-2012, 12:30 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
talent-free? Come on, seriously man? Maybe he is a horrible live performer (never seen any other concerts), but he is very talented.
He was in a bad situation. a lot of his shows is about feeding off the audience, and it wasn't exactly a rap friendly crowd out there.

Old
12-13-2012, 12:51 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
I am very opinionated when it comes to music.

He raps. He talks into a microphone. It's not that hard. The "music" in his songs is pre-recorded computerized noise made by somebody else.

As somebody who plays the electric guitar in a real band, it's quite silly how much money you can make simply by playing up to stereotypes and being good at getting publicity. Playing an actual music instrument requires thousands of hours of practice, not to mention the fact that you write your own music note by note, you've got several instruments that have to play off of each other, each and every sound is produced by an actual human being in real life each and every show.

Kayne goes onto a stage with a microphone and recites poetry to somebody elses music. I am not impressed.

For context, I did not watch whatever it is people are talking about. I find most "popular" music to be complete and utter garbage.

Old
12-13-2012, 12:53 PM
Old Navy Goat

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
He was in a bad situation. a lot of his shows is about feeding off the audience, and it wasn't exactly a rap friendly crowd out there.
My media room was full of early - mid 20s women that were looking forward to seeing him and all were disappointed in his performance. They all said that he sucked and that the old geezers sounded much better. I had to explain who some of the bands were to them, and some were surprised that the bands would actually play their own music vice lip synching; the younger generation just doesn't understand. Their only complaint was when Roger Daltry opened his shirt to show his chest, especially when they found out that he has to be in his 70s.

Old
12-13-2012, 01:03 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

"Oldie" but a goodie ...

Old
12-13-2012, 01:04 PM
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF

This is why I consider Freddie Mercury to be one of (if not THE) greatest vocalists ever. The guy sounded amazing live, just as good as he sounded in his recordings. Just him and his mic, nothing behind it to enhance his voice.

Old
12-13-2012, 01:15 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
This is why I consider Freddie Mercury to be one of (if not THE) greatest vocalists ever. The guy sounded amazing live, just as good as he sounded in his recordings. Just him and his mic, nothing behind it to enhance his voice.

And comparing Mercury to someone like say, Kanye....

Yea Mercury wipes the floor with him. I won't be as bold and absolute as you, but Freddie as a "rock" vocalist, has to be one of the top 10 of all time.

And the bands musical talent, collectively, among the the top 20 rock bands of all time.

Old
12-13-2012, 01:19 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Anybody here a baseball card collector? Need some help finding something for my dad.

Old
12-13-2012, 01:22 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post

Old
12-13-2012, 01:32 PM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post
Oh I got there. That one was a fun one.

Count the shadows....
Also brilliant. You fall in love with River pretty quick in the coming seasons.

Old
12-13-2012, 01:34 PM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

Clock is going as Mr. Mercury to our rock star NYE party.

Old
12-13-2012, 01:39 PM
Clock

People want different things out of music. And even though I like to point out silly things in pop music constantly, I get that some people just like listening to something that has a beat or has silly / fun lyrics to them. And that's ok.

Old
12-13-2012, 01:46 PM
Old Navy Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
People want different things out of music. And even though I like to point out silly things in pop music constantly, I get that some people just like listening to something that has a beat or has silly / fun lyrics to them. And that's ok.
That's why Guitar Hero / Rock Band was invented; a subtle way to introduce the uninformed younger generation to the greatness of rock. Some quality subliminal messaging interspersed between the guitar riffs and the pop / rap crap will be quickly relegated to the recycle bin where it belongs.

Old
12-13-2012, 01:54 PM
Afino
The Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSchoolMaster View Post
Also brilliant. You fall in love with River pretty quick in the coming seasons.
I just watched it last night. I had heard great things and it didn't disappoint. And I know it's just the start of her character.

Old
12-13-2012, 01:57 PM
aceface33

Since the topic is on Kanye, this makes me lol every time:

Old
12-13-2012, 02:11 PM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:

He raps. He talks into a microphone. It's not that hard. The "music" in his songs is pre-recorded computerized noise made by somebody else.

As somebody who plays the electric guitar in a real band, it's quite silly how much money you can make simply by playing up to stereotypes and being good at getting publicity. Playing an actual music instrument requires thousands of hours of practice, not to mention the fact that you write your own music note by note, you've got several instruments that have to play off of each other, each and every sound is produced by an actual human being in real life each and every show.

Kayne goes onto a stage with a microphone and recites poetry to somebody elses music. I am not impressed.

For context, I did not watch whatever it is people are talking about. I find most "popular" music to be complete and utter garbage.
Listen, I don't like Hip Hop, nor Kanye West as a person, but the bolded part is just flat out wrong.

Old
12-13-2012, 02:15 PM
aceface33

Quote:

Doesn't he create the music he talks over though? Putting together samples of older music together to create something new is a skill. For example, DJ Shadow's album Endtroducing is put together 100% from samples of old music and that's probably in my top 5 albums ever.

If someone else makes the music and Kanye just talks over it though, my point is moot.

Old
12-13-2012, 02:16 PM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
Trying a CrossFit workout tonight for the first time.

This should be ....ugly.
How did it go?

Old
12-13-2012, 02:19 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceface33 View Post
Doesn't he create the music he talks over though? Putting together samples of older music together to create something new is a skill. For example, DJ Shadow's album Endtroducing is put together 100% from samples of old music and that's probably in my top 5 albums ever.

If someone else makes the music and Kanye just talks over it though, my point is moot.
He was a fairly successful producer for a lot of acts. He's not an untalented hack, as much as it pains me to admit that.

Old
12-13-2012, 02:26 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegomyLeggio View Post
How did it go?
For me, brutal. I've never been a big weights guy, so it was a change for me.

This was the workout. Done just like the song. 1 rep of #1, 2 reps of #2 1 rep of #1, etc, etc

The lunges really messed me up, and I messed up the order a couple times. Didn't finish it all, but a lot of people didn't. The guy said I did OK for my first time ever doing it, and that I picked probably the worst possible day to start.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 262622_4981961195934_1251220020_n.jpg‎ (55.1 KB, 16 views)

Old
12-13-2012, 02:28 PM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
That's probably the one and only thing you learned from me.

**shakes booty to Britney Spears**

Old
12-13-2012, 02:30 PM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

Quote:
For me, brutal. I've never been a big weights guy, so it was a change for me.

This was the workout. Done just like the song. 1 rep of #1, 2 reps of #2 1 rep of #1, etc, etc

The lunges really messed me up, and I messed up the order a couple times. Didn't finish it all, but a lot of people didn't. The guy said I did OK for my first time ever doing it, and that I picked probably the worst possible day to start.
What are leopard squats?

Old
12-13-2012, 02:34 PM
Duddy
Everyday is

Quote:
He was a fairly successful producer for a lot of acts. He's not an untalented hack, as much as it pains me to admit that.
Way better producer than Rapper.

Old
12-13-2012, 02:35 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Killa View Post
What are leopard squats?
Overhead squat with a kettlebell in each hand instead of the bar.

Old
12-13-2012, 02:40 PM
Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by penalty killa View Post
that's probably the one and only thing you learned from me.

**shakes booty to britney spears**
*orchestra hit*

Closed Thread